Alfonso Poblete Story - Video Highlights, Top-10 Plays!!!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Alfonso Poblete Story - Video Highlights, Top-10 Plays!!!

Postby chaodck on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:47 pm

I decided on starting a new Association, and am proudly announcing that I'll try and tell the story here.

On this post I'll explain the details of the upcoming Association, and also keep an index, in order for people to read the chapters and subchapters easily.
This is an association story that will follow the steps of one particular player, a "Nba-ized" version of myself. So why don't do a MyPlayer story then? Because I like to keep full control of the game, and that is quite hard to achieve in a MP save, for instance, I like to keep the league realistic, specially in the trades department, in order to do this I will use REDitor to control and censor silly CPU trades. Will I cheat and use that to the advantage of my team?? Nope, because it takes the challenge out of the save.

Game Details:
- Roster: Albys RR 2.0 with some tweaks (lowered "abroad" players ratings, and will up them and add them to FA pool come the first offseason).
- Slider Set: Albys Sim Sliders tweaked to my taste.
- Difficulty: All-Star.
- Season Length: 82 games.
- Play and Sim Quarter Length: 12 minutes.
- Playoffs Format: 7-7-7-7.
- Play D-League Games: Off
- Team Chemistry: On
- Player Roles: On
- Progressive Fatigue: On
- Allow CPU Trades: Off for most part of the year. On only during offseason and a month before the trade deadline.
- PreSeason Games: On
- Injuries: On
- Substitution Method: Rotation
- Simming Policy: I'll play at least one game a month, selecting "key" games, if time allows I can play more games. In the Playoffs, sim a few and play most games.
- Update Policy: I'll update with a new post every month, this will be a sub-chapter. The Story will be divided into chapters, depending on the story line. I'll use a lot of images, boxscores and graphics, so I'll use a lot of "Spoiler" tags and direct links. Some minor Roleplays and stories will help add atmosphere to the story.
- Team Changing: This career will follow the steps of Alfonso Poblete, so the team I control will change depending on what team "owns" the player, if he decides to leave via Free-Agency or we decide to trade him, I'll change teams accordingly (Don't know how this will end up going to be, which adds some flavor to the story).
- Wikia: I'll keep a wikia updated with some info, which I'll use to give the information out, I'll give the link, but it won't be ordered. If you like some directions on how to set up a site like that, feel free to PM me, and I'll share templates and other info.

Index:
- Chapter 0: Introduction
- Chapter 1: NBA Draft
- Chapter 2: Following a Legend's Footsteps (Season 1)

NBA Records (As of Date of Save)
Single Game Records
  • Rebounds: 55 - Wilt Chamberlain (PHI vs. BOS; 11/24/60)
  • Assists: 30 - Scott Skiles (ORL vs. DEN; 12/30/90)
  • Blocks: 17 - Elmore Smith (LAL vs. POR; 10/28/73)
  • Steals: 11 - Larry Kenon (SA vs. KC; 12/26/76)
  • Minutes Played: 69 - Dale Ellis (SEA vs. MIL (5 OT); 11/9/89)

Single Season Records
  • Points: 4029 - 50.4 PPG - Wilt Chamberlain (PHI; 1961-1962)
  • Rebounds: 2149 - 27.1 RPG - Wilt Chamberlain (PHI; 1960-1961)
  • Assists: 1164 - 14.2 APG - John Stockton (UTA; 1990-1991)
  • Blocks: 456 - 5.56 BPG - Mark Eaton (UTA; 1984-1985)
  • Steals: 301 - 3.67 SPG - Alvin Robertson (UTA; 1985-1986)
  • Minutes Played: 3882 - 48.5 MPG - Wilt Chamberlain (PHI; 1961-1962)

Career Total Records
  • Rebounds: 23924 - Wilt Chamberlain
  • Assists: 15806 - John Stockton
  • Blocks: 3265 - John Stockton
  • Steals: 3830 - Hakeem Olajuwon
  • Minutes Played: 57446 - Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Current Team Records (As of Date of Save)
Single Game Records
  • Rebounds: 26 - Charles Barkley (vs. HOU; 03/24/1995)
  • Assists: 25 - Kevin Johnson (vs. SAS; 04/06/1994)
  • Blocks: 10 - Amar'e Stoudemire (vs. UTA; 02/07/2004)
  • Steals: 10 - Kevin Johnson (vs. WAS; 12/09/1993)
  • Minutes Played: 60 - Shawn Marion (vs. NYK; 01/02/2006)

Single Game Playoffs Records
  • Rebounds: 24 - Charles Barkley (vs. SEA; 06/05/1993)
  • Assists: 23 - Steve Nash (vs. LAL; 04/29/2007)
  • Blocks: 7 - Oliver Miller (vs. LAL; 05/09/1993)
  • Steals: 7 - Charles Barkley (vs. SAS; 05/13/1993)
  • Minutes Played: 62 - Kevin Johnson (vs. Chicago; 6/13/93)

Career as Suns Records
  • Rebounds: 6937 - Alvan Adams
  • Assists: 6518 - Kevin Johnson
  • Blocks: 939 - Larry Nance
  • Steals: 1298 - Alvan Adams
  • Minutes Played: 27203 - Alvan Adams
  • Games Played: 988 - Alvan Adams

Franchise Team Records
  • Most Points Scored: 173 - (Phoenix 173 - Denver Nuggest 143; 11/10/1990)
  • Least Points Scored: Incumbent
  • Most Points Allowed: 157 (Phoenix 161 - New Jersey Nets 157; 12/07/2006)
  • Least Points Allowed: Incumbent
  • Longest Winning Streak: 17 (12/29/2006 - 01/29/2007)
  • Longest Losing Sterak: Incumbent

Achievements
Team
  • Best Record: 62-20 (1992-1993 & 2004/2005)
  • Worst Record: 16-66 (1968-1969)
  • NBA Championships: 0
  • Western Conference Championships: 2 (1976 & 1993)
  • Divisional Titles: 6 (1981, 1993, 1995, 2005, 2006 & 2007)
  • Playoffs Appearances: 29 (Last in 2010)

Individual
  • Regular Season MVP: 3 (Charles Barkley - 1993; Steve Nash - 2005 & 2006)
  • NBA Finals MVP: 0
  • NBA Scoring Champion: 0
  • Defensive Player of the Year: 0
  • Coach of the Year: 2 (Cotton Fitzsimmons - 1989; Mark D'Antoni - 2005)
  • Most Improved Player: 2 (Kevin Johnson - 1989; Boris Diaw - 2006)
  • Rookie of the Year: 3 (Alvan Adams - 1976; Walter Davis - 1978; Amar'e Stoudemire - 2003)
  • NBA Sixth Man: 4 (Eddie Johnson - 1989; Danny Manning - 1998; Rodney Rogers - 2000; Leandro Barbosa - 2007)

Transactions
Last edited by chaodck on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:36 am, edited 19 times in total.
chaodck

Re: The Alfonso Poblete Story - Ch.0: Introduction

Postby chaodck on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:48 pm

The backstory will be told in retrospective, as if they were interviews for different reasons, we'll start with two.

College Recruitment Interview:
It all starts in May 1999, a rainy night, in Santiago, Chile...
"Kids, we're going to the United States".
I still remember the look on my dad's face that night, when he told us that his company had assigned him to an important position in America, and that we had to leave in July. He had a hard time telling us, 8 years later told us that he already knew for a couple of months, but didn't want to disturb us. I had 9 years old, and my brohter 7, but what he didn't knew, was that it was everything we ever wanted to hear, a kid's dream, and to me, as a basketball and NBA fan it was awesome, specially when we learned that we were going to California.

We arrived in San Francisco the night of July 2nd, 1999. It was a warm summer night in California and they directed us immediately to our new house. A week after we had to make our first decision. As the school year in Chile goes from March to December, we only managed to finish, half of the year, but as my parents approached Elementary Schools, they rejected my application, telling I was too old and that I already had seen the minimum contents. So I was "promoted" to Middle School, and was preparing to enter a new world, with just 9 years old. Finally my parents decided for Dr. Martin Luther King Academic Middle School, and I started the year. I had some trouble at first, I spoke good english, but the age difference was clear and I had a hard time getting involved with my classmates. But that was the case until I found basketball. I was selected to the school's team a month after starting school and I fit in with the team immediately. That helped me become settled in.

After 4 years of playing at a good level, I was approached by Lowell High School, an academic magnet school in the area, and got a partial scholarship. The varsity team lacked talent in the Point Guard position, and I could help there, at that time I was 5'10". Just before my 13th birthday I was selected to start my first varsity game, playing against guys a couple of years older at least. I struggled, but I toughened up, and learned to play smart ball, in order to overcome the physical disadvantage I faced. We won a Triple-A Championship in 2004, my sophomore season and aways featured during my stay.

I have grown some inches, now I stand at 6'2", proper height for a PG, and have developed a good smart game, which is helped by the speed and leaping ability I have. I was recruited by a number of schools, all of them offered me good things, but eventually, I have decided for you guys, since I have the oportunity to stay in state, near my family, besides the excellence of your basketball program. UCLA, here I come.

Pre-Draft Interview:
Looking backwards, that decision feels awkward. It was rushed, and precipitated, I didn't think it through. And of course it backfired on me. I was recruited in the same class that Russ Westbrook, but Russell played SG at that time, but the team had a great PG in Darren Collison, who was just a Sophomore and that cut off playing time considerably for me. During that year I developed Shooting Guard abilities, specially drives to the basket and (to some extent) a mid range shot, which I previously lacked, I also grew 3 inches during that year and bulked up considerably, standing at 6'5" and 205 pounds. But that didn't help my playing time, as Arron Afflalo and Russell coped the SG position. If I had looked at their roster, and projected things, I wouldn't have picked them. But that's just easy to say looking backwards.

So, during the Elite Eight stage of the Tournament I handed in my transfer request to the Athletics Director and Coach Howland. They tried to keep me, but I stated my reasons and standed firm. A couple of months later, I was approached by the Northwestern Wildcats coach, Bill Carmody, and was offered a starting position plus a full scholarship. I agreed immediately and started preparing myself for the new life, on the other edge of the country, in Illinois.

During the redshirt season I had (due to the transfer) I continued to develop my game, specially shooting, reading defenses and a bit of a post-up game, plus I continued to bulk up.
Come next year, I was a Redshirt Sophomore, at last playing with guys my age, and it worked great for me. After three years I played 100 games, averaging 15.0 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 10.5 APG, 1.9 SPG and 1.0 BPG. This meant I crushed the school's assist record, with 1047 (the previous record was 441) and came close to the points and steals records (1900 and 272 respectively). In those three years we featured twice in the NIT tournament (2009 and 2010, losing both times in Quarter Finals), and during my Senior season in the NCAA tournament, as the last "at-large" berth, which was the first time for the school, we eventually won 2 games, getting to the third round.

That's my story until now, what will happen next?? I honestly don't know, I do know that there are teams interested in me, and that I have a future in the league, but I have to work hard in order to achieve that.
Last edited by chaodck on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
chaodck

Re: The Alfonso Poblete Story - Ch.0: Introduction

Postby Red Rocket on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:24 pm

You have all this set up real smooth like. Good luck, dude!
Into the Fire - HEAT 2K13 Association (NBA 2K13)
Red Rocket

Re: The Alfonso Poblete Story - Ch.1: NBA Draft

Postby chaodck on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:54 am

Chapter 1: The NBA Draft

I now recall it clearly, it was around April 2011, I was finishing up some paperwork I had due in one of my classes, the last assignment I had in my school life, in fact, my diploma was already printed, I was a BA graduate, but that day wasn't about that. I had received my first call from my agent, who said a couple of teams had contacted him and wanted to meet with me. That was the first time I realized that my dream was starting to become reality, I was goint to play in the NBA, and all those years of hardship, tough work and believe in myself were worth it.

Time passed and during the end of the Spring I met with approximately 5 teams, Charlotte, Sacramento, Portland, New York and Phoenix. I also had some shootarounds and the Draft Combine. The interviews went quite well, specially the one with Phoenix, they wanted me to become the replacement for Steve Nash in the long term, and they were starting rebuilding plans, as they had an aging roster. Honestly I was very excited with the oportunity to learn from a legend, and future hall of famer, like Steve, one of the best PG's in the league's history. But the Knicks were also catching my attention, a big market city, under the spotlight every day, play in the world's biggest stage, and to play in a star studded roster who lacked a PG. Sacramento was also a nice alternative, mainly because it was my favorite team, I went to over 50 games at ARCO Arena during my stay in California, but it was less appealing as they had Tyreke Evans who is a similar player to me.

My agent forced me to look out some mock drafts, I didn't wanted to, but he said it would aid me have an idea of what would happen. By the time mocks had closed, I was as high as 13, and as low as 30. I was projected to go in the mid-late first round, which was fine by me, at that time, I only cared to be drafted, no matter where.

So the night came, I wasn't invited to the Green Room, but we decided it was best to attend either way to the ceremony.

- Nbadraft.net Player Profile

David Stern: Ladies and Gentelmen, welcome to the 2011 NBA Draft, at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. To those of you watching on ESPN, and following on NBA.com, thank you for joining us. And thank you, to all of our fans who joined us last season, to see the Dallas Mavericks crowned NBA Champions for the first time in their history. Today marks the culmination of years of dedication and hard work, for some of the best young players in the world, and their families, and support system. I know that they are anxious to begin their journey, as the newest members of the NBA family. So without further ado, the first pick of the 2011 NBA Draft belongs to the Cleveland Cavaliers...

Damn I was nervous, I felt the chills through me when Stern said his welcome speech. As time went by the prospects started to get drafted, Kyrie, D-Will, Kanter, Tristan, Valanciunas, Vesely, Biyombo, Brandon, Kemba, Jimmer, Klay and Burks were all the first 12 picks. The Bobcats and Kings finally decided for Kemba and Jimmer respectively, great choices, maybe they talked to me just in case those players went higher.

David Stern: With the 12th pick of the NBA Draft, the Phoenix Suns select forward Markieff Morris, from the University of Kansas.

My heart stopped, as the only team who spoke to me left were the Knicks, I didn't know what to think. During a break, I went to the bathroom and on my way back I bought a soda. Back in my seat, my agent told me that he had heard rumours of the Knicks picking me, I couldn't talk, I was so nervous.

David Stern: With the 17th pick of the NBA Draft, the New York Knicks select guard Iman Shumpert, from the Univeristy of Georgia Tech.

Damn, I thought. Shumpert was a good pick, but he's no PG, the Knicks made a mistake, this was all through a midst of boos for the Knicks pick, which I didn't know if it was atributable to the bad pick or to the fact that we were in New Jersey. I felt disheatened, and didn't know what to think, as I didn't expect not to get drafted by those teams who spoke to me.

David Stern: With the 23rd pick of the NBA Draft, the Houston Rockets select guard Alfonso Poblete, from the Northwestern University.

And then it hit me, I was like 10 seconds astounded, I stayed put in my seat, and my agent lifted me from my elbow. I hugged my parents, agent and girlfriend, and went up the stage. Shook the commisioner's hand, and posed with a Rockets cap. After I went down the stage, I met with the Rockets GM, and he told me he was still busy with Marcus Morris, so I had to wait a bit. I spent 12 minutes there, alone, waiting, perspiring, making calculations based on the Rockets roster, they had Kyle Lowry, an awesome point guard, damn, it's going to be tough. I was just thinking that when I heard Mr. Stern again.

David Stern: A Trade has been announced. The Phoenix Suns get the rights to the 23rd pick of 2011 NBA's draft, Alfonso Poblete, in exchange for undisclosed cash considerations.

Finally, that was the plan, the Suns convinced the Rockets to pick me and trade me. Now it all makes sense, I changed caps, and with my brand new Suns cap I went to meet with General Manager, Lance Blanks, who told me that at first, they wanted to pick me with their 13th pick, but, they felt a greater frontcourt need, addressed with Markieff Morris. Then he introduced me to coach Alvin Gentry who spoke briefly with me and they both welcomed me to the team. Then I met with Markieff Morris and after that I went to a post draft familiar party.
chaodck

Re: The Alfonso Poblete Story - Ch.1: NBA Draft

Postby chaodck on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:07 am

Chapter 2: Following a Legend's Footsteps (Season 1)

Sub-Chapter 2.1: Training Camp and Pre-Season
I remember the first time I saw Steve. It was the first week after the draft, just before leaving for the Rookie Seminar. He introduced to me himself, and we chatted around an hour about the team. We also took some time to reminisce about some of my best memories of him, I was kind of a fanboy at that time, which was well received by Nash. He invited me for dinner at his place during the week, but I had to decline due to the Seminar and my Holidays. We re-scheduled it to be during the Training Camp.

In his house we talked about the playbook, more memories and even soccer, which is a passion we both have, actually he is a very good player, unlike me. I had the feeling that he took me as his protegé, and I definetely saw him as my Mentor.

A couple of days later Grant Hill did the same thing, invited me over to his house, this time alongside Markieff Morris, we had a great time, and started to sync in with the roster quite nicely. It's a great human group, and that's the base for success.

Finally, I met with Coach Gentry, just a week before the start of the season. I had missed all of the pre-season games with a minor ankle injury, but I would be ready for the first week of the season. Coach told me that Aaron Brooks would stay in China for a year, and that, after that they would see what he could bring to the team, so I could rest assured that I would be an important part of the roster during my rookie year. He asked me if I was up for it, and I told him absolutely and thanked him for the trust. He also reminded me that our NBDL Affiliate was the Bakersfield Jam, and that I could spend some time there too, and that wasn't a step back. I didn't like the last part.

As I stepped out of the Coach's office a reporter from The Arizona Republic approached me and told me he wanted to interview me for their paper. I agreed and we scheduled an appointment for the following day.

Arizona Republic Pre-Season Interview
Interviewer (AR): Thank you for meeting with The Arizona Republic. This marks your first big media interview, so I'll be asking a lot of questions about your history.
AP: No problem.
AR: Since the Draft, I assume it has been a rollercoaster, tell me your feelings about it.
AP: Well it has been great actually. Two days after the Draft I met with Coach Gentry, alongside Markieff and Dwayne Collins, and discussed the next steps. I, as Point Guard, was given a copy of the projected playbook to study, and we were told to attend the mandatory rookie seminar to be held next week in New York. After that, we had 3 weeks of holidays, and had to report for Training Camp then.
AR: What did you do on your Holidays?
AP: I went to Chile, as I usually do. But this time was different, as normally I maintained a low-profile there, only few people knew me. But now, I am the first Chilean ever to play in the NBA, and that changed things a bit.
AR: In what way?
AP: The press wanted to talk to me, I was continuously in the sports news in TV, people recognized me in the street. But that just doesn't get to me, I'm pretty down to earth, so I took the positives out of it and held a couple of Charity Basketball Clinics, and signed a couple of sponsorship deals for Chile only.
AR: Good to know. Now let's talk basketball. What do you bring to the court?
AP: I bring hard work, tough defense and good playmaking. I'm a generous player, with great size for his position, and a great mix of athleticism and skills.
AR: How was the Training Camp?
AP: Tough, as expected, but the roster received me greatly, which is something I'm very grateful for, as the adaptation process has been quite smooth.
AR: And the Pre-Season?
AP: Unfortunately I had a minor injury that didn't allow me to play at all in the pre-season games. It's just a minor ankle injury, so I should be ok for the Regular Season Start, come next week.
AR: How does it feel that Suns legend Dan Majerle announced that he could unretire his #9 shirt, in order for you to use your High School and College number?
AP: It felt great, an honor I didn't expect, but as much as I like my number, it's just that, a number, and I have decided to respectfully decline Dan's offer. I want to go deep in this franchise history, and can't do that in the shadow of another legend. I have decided I'll use #19.
AR: Well thank you, this has been a great time, good luck out there, and hopefully this will be not the last time we speak.
AP: Thank you.
chaodck

Re: Alfonso Poblete Story-Ch.2: Following a Legend's Steps (

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:59 am

Simple. Looking good so far (Y) Can't wait for the games!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Thief (1981), The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby chaodck on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:16 am

Chapter 2: Following a Legend's Footsteps (Season 1)

Sub-Chapter 2.2: Season Preview
So, finally, after all that Blabber of backstory I'm about to start playing.

Objectives
The objective this season is to try and be competitive, we aren't nearly close the more talented teams in the league, but we aren't the least talented. We should aim to win at least 30-40 games, a .500 record would be a total success. In non-basketball areas, the objectives are to try and retain both Grant Hill and Steve Nash, should they decide to continue playing. Shannon Brown will also be pursued to re-sign.

Initial Roster

Projected Depth Chart

Salary Distribution

Team Salary

Predictions
  • Suns Record: 37-45
  • Best NBA Record: Miami Heat - 65-17
  • MVP: LeBron James
  • ROY: Kyrie Irving
  • Scoring Leader: Kevin Durant - 31 PPG
  • Suns Scoring Leader: Steve Nash - 17 PPG
  • Overachievers: Minnesotta Timberwolves
  • Underperformers: New York Knicks

So. Tonight I start playing, I'll post monthly updates, with details from the save, rumours, transactions, standings, milestones, statistics and story progression. I should be able to do this at least once per two days.
Keep up the reading, and if you like please comment!!
chaodck

Postby chaodck on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Chapter 2.3: November 2011 Review

Phoenix Suns:
Games
Oklahoma City Thunder 109 - Phoenix Suns 108
Phoenix Nearly Shock the Thunder in Season Opener.
Game's MVP: Russell Westbrook - 40pts, 4ast, 3stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Steve Nash - 20pts, 7reb, 12ast, 8TO.
X-Factor: Markieff Morris 12pts, 2-3 3Pts, 2rbs 2ast, 2blo, 15mins.
Key Stats: The Suns played at their best, shooting 54% from the field and 52% from three, outrebounded the Thunder 52-41 and out-assisted them 36-22, but, they lost the ball way too often with 20 turnovers (OKC had 8), this led to 15 steals for OKlahoma and 23 points from fastbreaks, most of them sparking up the comeback in the third quarter.
LINK: Boxscore

Los Angeles Lakers 100 - Phoenix Suns 86
Led By Dynamic Duo of Bryant and Bynum, Lakers Win Easily in Phoenix
Game's MVP: Kobe Bryant - 33pts, 7ast, 4stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Marcin Gortat - 23pts, 9reb, 1blo.
X-Factor: Shannon Brown - 14pts, 1stl, 25 mins.
Key Stats: After a great night shooting from Three point land, the Suns were dismal in their second game, shotting a merely 15%. The Lakers were better in the rebounds and assists departments, with 39 and 29 (against 34 and 19 from the Suns). The Suns continued to turn the ball over too much, with 17 turnovers.

Portland Trail Blazers 90 - Phoenix Suns 94
Despite Crawford's 25 Points, the Suns Prevail Against the Blazers
Game's MVP: Marcin Gortat - 16pts, 11 reb.
Losing Effort MVP: Jamal Crawford - 25pts, 7reb.
X-Factor: Markieff Morris - 12pts, 8 reb, 2-4 3FG, 18mins.
Key Stats: The Suns great defensive effort in the second quarter (only allowed 11 points), was enough to keep the lead for the rest of the game. This time, the Suns kept the ball better, only losing it 11 times due to turnovers. Rookie Markieff Morris continues to impress from the bench, while the defense from Alfonso Poblete and Josh Childress was felt in the second quarter.

Phoenix Suns 75 - Memphis Grizzlies 88
Dismal Shooting Performance Gives Game to Grizzlies
Game's MVP: Zach Randolph - 23pts, 8reb, 1stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Marcin Gortat - 18pts, 15reb, 1blo.
X-Factor: Tony Allen - 13pts, 1 ast, 3blo, 22mins.
Key Stats: When you shoot 33% from the field you can't expect to win, if you add a miserable 15% from three point land it really doesn't help your cause. The Suns were never comfortable in the court in Memphis, specially Shannon Brown (4-16), Markieff Morris (1-7), Channing Frye (1-7) and Grant Hill (1-6).

Phoenix Suns 73 - Minnesota Timberwolves 91
Suns Move to 1-4 in Another Terrible Shooting Performance.
Game's MVP: Kevin Love - 20pts, 14reb, 4ast, 1stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Marcin Gortat - 12pts, 10reb, 1stl, 3blo.
X-Factor: Ricky Rubio - 19pts, 6reb, 7ast, 3stl.
Key Stats: In consecutive nights, the Suns averaged just 74 points, while shooting 32,5% from the field and 25% from three. In Minnesota, the T-Wolves dominated the game and held the Suns to just 30 points in the two middle quarters. Shannon Brown provided some kind of spark from the bench, with 12 points, but his shooting was terrible also (3-11).

Phoenix Suns 110 - Indiana Pacers 105
The Suns Improve Drastically Their Shooting and Beat the Pacers in Indiana
Game's MVP: Steve Nash - 31pts, 6 ast.
Losing Effort MVP: Darren Collison - 21pts, 4reb, 10ast, 5stl.
X-Factor: Markieff Morris 13pts, 3-4 3FG, 5rbs, 18mins.
Key Stats: The Suns outscored the Pacers 30-10 in the first quarter, then lost the second and fourth, while tying the third. The Suns returned to a better shooting, this time nearing 54% from the field and 47% from three. The Suns rebounded better, 43-36, but lost the ball more times due to turnovers 20-7.

Phoenix Suns 82 - Milwaukee Bucks 86
With another +20 turnovers night, the Suns fall to 2-5.
Game's MVP: Stephen Jackson - 19pts, 6reb, 6ast.
Losing Effort MVP: Marcin Gortat - 15pts, 11reb, 2ast, 2stl, 2blo.
X-Factor: Shannon Brown - 16pts, 2stl, 26mins.
Key Stats: The Four players of the Suns that scored in double digits (Frye, Gortat, Nash and Brown), shot 50% from the field, scoring 58 points, while the rest of the team, shot 26% and scored 24 points, that was the game.

Phoenix Suns 101 - Detroit Pistons 74
Suns Return to Shooting +50% and Scoring +100 Points, That Means a W.
Game's MVP: Steve Nash - 14pts, 11ast, 2stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Tayshaun Prince - 21pts, 6reb, 1stl.
X-Factor: Robin Lopez - 10pts, 3reb, 11mins.
Key Stats: When the Suns move the ball well (26 assists), they shoot better, and when they shoot better, they win. The Pistons had solid games for Prince and Stuckey (19 points, 5 assists, 2 steals), but their bench was awful, scoring just 18 points (The Suns bench scored 48 points).

Phoenix Suns 81 - Toronto Raptors 80
Steve Nash's Late Game Heroics Propel Suns to 4-5.
Game's MVP: Steve Nash - 19pts, 4reb, 5ast.
Losing Effort MVP: Andrea Bargnani - 21pts, 8reb, 1blo.
X-Factor: Jerryd Bayless - 16pts, 16mins.
Key Stats: A bad offensive game for both teams, resulted in a tight, low tempo game. The Suns won the rebounds battle easily 51-38, but lost, once again the turnovers battle 18-11. Rookie Alfonso Poblete, grabbed a career-high, 7 rebounds.

Phoenix Suns 81 - Chicago Bulls 97
Reigning MVP, D-Rose and Carlos Boozer Aid the Bulls' raid of Phoenix.
Game's MVP: Derrick Rose - 22pts, 6reb, 4ast, 1stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Marcin Gortat - 13pts, 12reb.
X-Factor: Shannon Brown - 13pts, 5-7FG, 1stl, 26mins.
Key Stats: 25 Turnovers is a lot, even for the Suns, who top the league in that category. The Bulls took advantage of the mistakes and scored 28 fastbreak points, which ended the game for Phoenix.

New York Knicks 93 - Phoenix Suns 103
Steve Nash Plus The Bench Mob Control Game for Phoenix.
Game's MVP: Steve Nash - 20pts, 10ast.
Losing Effort MVP: Carmelo Anthony - 23pts, 6reb, 1stl.
X-Factor: Shannon Brown - 20pts, 2reb, 2stl, 25mins.
Key Stats: When the Suns combine for +20 assists and +100 points they have only lost once this season, and to the NBA's top team, the OKC Thunder. The Knicks were no match for the Suns at home, even when their "Big 3" combined for 58 points.

New Orleans Hornets 84 - Phoenix Suns 78
Jarrett Jack and Emeka Okafor Were Enough for the Hornets.
Game's MVP: Jarrett Jack - 22pts, 5reb, 5ast, 3stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Grant Hill - 16pts, 9reb, 1ast.
X-Factor: Shannon Brown - 13pts, 1reb, 1ast, 1stl.
Key Stats: If we skip the second quarter, the Suns averaged a miserable 16.3 points per quarter. The "Bench Mob" wasn't in a good shape, and they shot badly (29%). Emeka Okafor had a big double-double, with 13 points and 14 rebounds.

Los Angeles Clippers 89 - Phoenix Suns 98
Without Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and Chauncey Billups, the Clippers Lost in Arizona.
Game's MVP: Marcin Gortat - 17pts, 13reb.
Losing Effort MVP: Mo Williams - 27pts, 3reb, 3ast, 2stl.
X-Factor: Alfonso Poblete - 14pts, 5reb, 3ast, 18mins.
Key Stats: The Clippers return to their 2009 form when you strip them their three best players. Unfortunately for them, they seem to be long injuries, and will have to battle without them for a couple of weeks. The Suns were better in the rebounds and assists categories.

Indiana Pacers 98 - Phoenix Suns 91
Pacers Avenge Themselves in Phoenix.
Game's MVP: Danny Granger - 18pts, 1reb, 1ast.
Losing Effort MVP: Steve Nash - 18pts, 1reb, 4ast.
X-Factor: Markieff Morris - 16pts, 5reb, 3-4 3FG, 1stl.
Key Stats: Shannon Brown injured his shoulder during practice, which meant a bigger role for Dudley, Childress, Morris and Poblete. Dudley didn't find himself during the game, and struggled, while the bench players did a good effort. Low Rebounding game, the Suns lost the battle 31-35.

Phoenix Suns 91 - Dallas Mavericks 86
Suns Win in Dallas, With a Great Game From Grant Hill.
Game's MVP: Grant Hill - 23pts, 4reb, 2ast, 2stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Jason Terry - 19pts, 4reb, 5ast, 2stl.
X-Factor: Markieff Morris - 12pts, 6reb, 1stl, 1blo.
Key Stats: The Suns held the Mavericks to just 35 points in the First Half, and then controlled the tempo of the game. Marcin Gortat had another double double, with 18 points and 11 boards. Jared Dudley struggled, once again.

Stats
*Rookie

Gortat truly being a nice surprise for the coaching staff, while Channing Frye and Jared Dudley have dissapointed so far. The coaching staff is thinking of reducing both players' roles, increasing the input from the bench, which has benn quite sucessful so far.

Around The League

Standings

League Leaders

Award Winners
  • Eastern Conference Player of the Month: Derrick Rose - D-Rose was the best in the east, leading the Bulls to a 12-3 record, besting the East. He averaged 26.5 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 7.9 APG, 2.0 SPG and 0.4 BPG, shooting .458 FG%, .492 3P% and .848 FT%.
  • Western Conference Player of the Month: Kevin Durant - Durantula led the Thunder to a NBA-Best 15-1 record, averaging 29.8 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 0.7 APG, 1.6 SPG and 1.5 BPG, shooting .509 FG%, .387 3P% and .826 FT%.
  • Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month: Kyrie Irving - Kyrie led all rookies in scoring, with 20.4 PPG, but also added, 3.6 RPG, 4.9 APG and 1.1 SPG, shooting .469 FG%, .440 3P% and .820 FT%.
  • Western Conference Rookie of the Month: Ricky Rubio - The Spanish Sensation led all rookies in Assists and Steals, with 7.9 and 2.4 respectively. He also added 10.7 PPG and 4.7 RPG, while shooting .398 FG%, .269 3P% and .839 FT%.
Important Transactions
  • J.J. Hickson, Marcus Camby, Nate Robinson, Jason Kidd, Antawn Jamison and Ray Allen signed extensions for their current teams.
  • Los Angeles Lakers signed Guard Terrico White, to a 1-year contract.
  • Los Angeles Clippers signed Center Keith Benson, to a 1-year contract.

Injuries
No important injuries during the period of time.

Other News
No milestones broken.
chaodck

Postby questmotion on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:50 am

nice work man, quite impressive ! makes me wanna see some of his moves !! Good luck with Alfonso, does he have a nickname btw ?
questmotion

Postby chaodck on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:45 am

Sub-Chapter 2.4: December 2011 Review

Phoenix Suns:
Games
Phoenix Suns 108 - San Antonio Spurs 84
Suns Take Home a W, With Great Performances From Morris and Nash.
Game's MVP: Steve Nash - 15pts, 2reb, 14ast, 2stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Tony Parker - 14pts, 4ast, 3stl.
X-Factor: Markieff Morris - 16pts, 13reb, 1blo.
Key Stats: Once again shooting greatly and surpassing the 100 point-mark gives the Suns a road win. 6 Suns (Hill, Gortat, Dudley, Nash, Morris and Lopez) scored in double figures and the team also dominates the rebounds and assists categories.

Dallas Mavericks 96 - Phoenix Suns 102
In Another Offensive Showdown, The Suns Beat Current Champions for Second Time.
Game's MVP: Steve Nash - 20pts, 4reb, 4ast, 1stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Dirk Nowitzki - 23pts, 6reb, 2stl, 2blo.
X-Factor: Alfonso Poblete - 14pts, 1reb, 3ast, 2stl, 1blo.
Key Stats: The Suns weren't brilliant in this game, but had a stellar 4th quarter with 37 points, and that wrapped the game for them. This time 7 were the Suns that scored more than 10 points (Hill, Gortat, Dudley, Nash, Morris, Poblete, Lopez).

Golden State Warriors 94 - Phoenix Suns 103
Suns Thread 3 Wins in a Row, With Home Win Against The Warriors.
Game's MVP: Markieff Morris - 21pts, 7reb, 1ast, 2blo.
Losing Effort MVP: Monta Ellis - 27pts, 3reb, 6ast.
X-Factor: Alfonso Poblete - 9pts, 6reb, 5ast, 1blo.
Key Stats: Channing Frye returned to play his usual minutes after his injury, but this didn't slow down rookie Markieff Morris, who is en-route of becoming December's Rookie of the Month. When The Suns score more than 100 points, they currently stand 6-1.

Orlando Magic 91 - Phoenix Suns 111
Despite 31 and 15 From D-12, The Suns Continue to Move Up the Ladder.
Game's MVP: Steve Nash - 19pts, 3reb, 8ast.
Losing Effort MVP: Dwight Howard - 31pts, 15reb, 1blo.
X-Factor: Markieff Morris - 15pts, 9reb, 1ast, 1blo.
Key Stats: Marcin Gortat had his worst game in this season, scoring only 5 points and grabbing 8 boards, but he swatted 3 shots. The Suns were hot as hell during the first half, with 75 points, while allowing 53, the second quarter was key, and they dominated 42-19.

Phoenix Suns 105 - New Jersey Nets 90
Suns Streak Continues, as They Beat The Nets.
Game's MVP: Steve Nash - 15pts, 9ast.
Losing Effort MVP: Brook Lopez - 27pts, 6reb, 1blo.
X-Factor: Markieff Morris - 16pts, 7reb, 2blo.
Key Stats: Seven Suns scored in double digits (Frye, Hill, Gortat, Dudley, Nash, Morris and Lopez).

Phoenix Suns 90 - Charlotte Bobcats 93
Suns Fall Below 100 Points, Stop Winning Streak at 6.
Game's MVP: Corey Maggette - 24pts, 11reb, 1stl, 1blo.
Losing Effort MVP: Steve Nash - 24pts, 4ast, 2stl.
X-Factor: B.J. Mullens - 14pts, 16reb, 2blo.
Key Stats: Besides not reaching the hundred points, the Suns returned to shoot miserably, falling to a 38%. That, plus the dominance of the Bobcats in the rebounds department (51-37), led to the defeat.

Phoenix Suns 92 - Atlanta Hawks 110
Behind Joe Johnson, the Hawks Dominate the Suns.
Game's MVP: Joe Johnson - 37pts, 4reb, 3ast, 1stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Steve Nash - 21pts, 3reb, 6ast, 1stl.
X-Factor: Markieff Morris - 13pts, 4reb, 1blo.
Key Stats: The Suns returned to shoot in a decent form, nearing 50%, but also gave the ball away too much, with 20 turnovers, which sparked the Hawks, who had 28 fastbreak points.

Portland Trail Blazers 98 - Phoenix Suns 88
Great Night From LaMarcus Aldridge Makes Suns Drop Third Consecutive Loss.
Game's MVP: LaMarcus Aldridge - 34pts, 11reb, 1stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Steve Nash - 16pts, 12ast.
X-Factor: Alfonso Poblete - 11pts, 2reb, 2ast, 2stl, 1blo.
Key Stats: Once again the Rebounds battle was lost, but at least, against one of the top rebounding teams in the league, with a great frontcourt.

Phoenix Suns 83 - Houston Rockets 115
K-Mart, C-Bud and C-Lee Combine for 75 Points and The Suns Drop to .500.
Game's MVP: Kevin Martin - 33pts, 2stl, 1blo.
Losing Effort MVP: Steve Nash - 19pts, 2reb, 4ast.
X-Factor: Courtney Lee - 23pts, 4reb, 2ast, 1stl, 4-5 3FG.
Key Stats: The Rockets were on fire from three point land, scoring 30 points from there, in 24 attempts. The Suns were badly outrebounded (56-37), specially augmented by the amount of Offensive Rebounds, which gave the Rockets 20 Second-Chance Points.

Minnesota Timberwolves 100 - Phoenix Suns 96
The Suns Drop Their Fifth Game in a Row, Despite Push From The Bench.
Game's MVP: Michael Beasley - 26pts, 9reb, 1stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Steve Nash - 16pts, 11ast.
X-Factor: José Juan Barea - 14pts, 1reb, 1ast.
Key Stats: The Suns could have won this game, but great play in the clutch by Beasley and Love leave the Suns 5-5 in December.

Phoenix Suns 88 - Portland Trail Blazers 78
Despite not Scoring 100 Points, the Suns Still Manage to Win, and Break 5 Loss Streak.
Game's MVP: Shannon Brown - 20pts, 4reb, 1ast, 2stl.
Losing Effort MVP: LaMarcus Aldridge - 20pts, 5reb, 1blo.
X-Factor: Jared Dudley - 14pts, 4reb, 1stl, 2-2 3FG.
Key Stats: The Suns defense was really at a great level in the Rose Garden, forcing the Blazers to only 34 points in the second half. This allowed a poor-shooting Suns team to win.

Minnesota Los Angeles Lakers 77 - Phoenix Suns 90
With Another Great Defensive Performance, Suns Hold Off The Lakers.
Game's MVP: Steve Nash - 16pts, 6reb, 10ast.
Losing Effort MVP: Kobe Bryant - 28pts, 4reb, 3ast, 2stl.
X-Factor: Markieff Morris - 10pts, 7reb, 3-5 3FG.
Key Stats: When Kobe Bryant is the only Laker that comes to play, Mike Brown knows he's in trouble, and after Gasol's injury, and the inefficiency of the rest of the cast, plus a good defensive performance from the Suns, led to a 77 point game (Bryant's 28, Bynum's 18, and the rest 31). The Suns also out-rebounded and out-assisted the Lakers.

Phoenix Suns 104 - New Orleans Hornets 85
Suns Win Three in a Row, and Return to Scoring +100 Points.
Game's MVP: Jared Dudley - 21pts, 2stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Eric Gordon - 30pts, 3reb, 3ast, 1stl, 1blo.
X-Factor: Robin Lopez - 12pts, 2reb.
Key Stats: When the Suns score more than 100 points, they have won 9 and lost only 1 game, against the League-Best Thunder. The Suns have performed well after Grant Hill's injury, which promoted Childress to starter and gave more minutes to Dudley, Brown, Poblete and Morris.

Phoenix Suns 92 - Oklahoma City Thunder 119
Dynamic Duo of KD and RW0 combine for 66 points, as Thunder Beats Suns.
Game's MVP: Kevin Durant - 35pts, 10reb, 2stl.
Losing Effort MVP: Steve Nash - 22pts, 7ast.
X-Factor: Alfonso Poblete - 12pts, 5reb, 2ast, 2stl, 2blo.
Key Stats: The Suns defense was helpless to the aggresive attack of Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. James Harden had a great game also, with 15 points and 11 boards. The Suns started strong, but played awefully in the fourth quarter.

Monthly Stats
Gortat cooled off a bit, Nash was better, and the rookies progressed accordingly.

Accumulated Stats
Despite an improvement during December Jared Dudley continues to struggle, stat wise. He and Josh Childress are in trouble due to their offensive problems.

Team News
  • Steve Nash agreed to a new contract with the Suns. The deal is a 2-year contract, for $7.00M per year, with a player option to be excercised during the first year of the contract.
  • Grant Hill signed a new contract with the Suns. A two-year deal, for around $2.20M per year, with a player option to be excercised during the first year of the contract. Despite the new contract, once Hill injured his Knee once again, he decided that he would retire at the end of the season, nullifying that contract extension.
  • Shannon Brown decided that he would test the Free Agent Market, come the end of the Season, but, if the right offer came in, he would like very much to stay in Arizona.
  • Robin Lopez reportedly asked for a contract extension, the team has made no comments about it.
  • Channing Frye, Jared Dudley and Josh Childress are being constant target of trade speculation, there may be some truth about it, as Coach Gentry doesn't think they fit in his offensive system. Let's recap that these three players average 21 points a game (all three added up), while playing 20+ minutes each. When the Suns score more than 100 points their record stands at 9-1, and that's quite hard to achieve when you have three players who average more than 20 minutes per game and score just 7 points each.

Around The League

Standings

League Leaders

Award Winners
  • Eastern Conference Player of The Month: After a slow start, LeBron James led the Miami Heat to an impressive 12-4 record in December, averaging 28.6 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 6.4 APG, 2.1 SPG and 0.8 BPG, while shooting .505 FG%, .382 3FG% and .784 FT%.
  • Western Conference Player of The Month: Kobe Bryant missed some key games in November with a finger problem, but he played all December and led a Gasol-less Lakers to win 4 of 13 games by himself, averaging 31.0 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 2.8 APG, 1.8 SPG and 0.2 BPG, shooting .497 FG%, .355 3P% and .882 FG%.
  • Eastern Conference Rookie of The Month: Norris Cole is actually the second best rookie scorer in the league behind Kyrie Irving. He managed to do that averaging 20.8 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 2.2 APG, 0.8 SPG and 0.4 BPG in December, while shooting .472 FG%, .421 3P% and .824 FT%.
  • Western Conference Rookie of The Month: Ricky Rubio was once again dominant in the West, despite diminishing his level of play. He averaged 8.7 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 7.5 APG and 1.8 SPG, shooting .340 FG%, .333 3P% and .825 FT%.

Important Transactions
  • Steve Nash, Grant Hill, Kevin Garnett, Greg Oden, Nick Young, Aaron Gray, Jason Thompson, DeShawn Stevenson, Jason Terry, Tim Duncan, Yi Jianlian, Carl Landry, Donte Greene, Roy Hibbert, Boris Diaw, Kris Humpries and Jerryd Bayless signed contract extensions with their current teams.
  • Los Angeles Lakers signed Center Joel Pryzbilla for a 1-year deal.
  • Los Angeles Clippers signed Center Alexis Ajinca to a 1-year deal.
  • Sacramento Kings signed Guard Courtney Fortson to a 1-year deal.

Rumor Mill
  • Utah Jazz are planning on dealing former All-Star guard Devin Harris. Reportedly, the Mavericks are thinking of sending Lamar Odom, to re-acquire the 6' 3" point guard. The Orlando Magic are also interested. Paul Millsap is also being subject of rumors, as the Jazz struggle to find themselves on the Playoff Race.
  • Defensive stopper Arron Afflalo seems to be with a foot out of the door in Denver, rumours in the rocky mountains tell that the Pistons, Warriors and Raptors have shown interest in the guard. Ben Gordon, who is reportedly unsettled in Detroit, may be used as a lure to pull-off the deal.
  • Keith Smart (Kings), Flip Saunders (Wizards) and Monty Williams (Hornets), have seemed to have used all of their GM's patience, as the teams have already started talking to potential new head coaches. They are on the line, and must score a few wins at least, to maintain their position.
  • The speculation on Dwight Howard's future continues, as Orlando play in a good level. He might not opt out of his final contract year, and would pursue another appearance at the NBA Finals in South Florida, but nothing's certain quite yet.
  • The Suns aren't happy about the performances of Jared Dudley and Channing Frye. As they both possess long contracts, moving them is quite difficult, but they are already reviewing offers. Anthony Morrow, Wesley Matthews, Brandon Rush, Nick Young and J.J. Redick all fill Coach Gentry's palate, and may arrive to Arizona soon. The Suns need to fill a void in the shooting guard position, as Shannon Brown has already made public his decision to test the FA Market come the end of the season.

Injuries
  • Denver Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari Tore his right knee MCL, and will miss the rest of the season.
  • Toronto Raptors forward James Johnson Tore his left hamstring, and will miss approximately 2 months.

Other News
  • Antawn Jamison, of the Cleveland Cavaliers broke the franchise's record for amount of Three Pointers scored, in a December 13th performance against the Clippers. The 6' 9" Forward shot 9-12 threes, and 12-22 from the field to reach a total of 35 points, to go alongside 7 boards and a couple of steals. Cleveland's previous record was held by LeBron James, who had 8-11 threes against Milwakee back in February 20th, 2009.
Last edited by chaodck on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
chaodck

Postby questmotion on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:21 pm

nice report m8, gets me in the mood =) Alfonso got some nice all-around stats, i like that! Nice idea to add "the x-factor" in the game summary, saw Alfonso was mentionned, nice! i'll stay posted for the rest ;)
questmotion

Postby chaodck on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:31 am

I've grown somewhat annoyed of trasnscribing each boxscore manually and inputing (is that even a word??) the data into the excel template I use (if anyone wants the template, feel free to ask for it).
So, at least until Leftos develops his app (if he can, by the way, good luck on that) to extract the player data from the game and outlay it as a .CSV or .TXT file, I'm gonna stay away from displaying all the boxscores from the games, and only put a Game Review. Hopefully you readers will understand the decision, as the game is quite stagnant, because I take too long to transpose the data manually, player by player, game by game.

Having said this, I expect the January update coming soon, probably between today evening and tomorrow afternoon.
chaodck

Postby chaodck on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:02 am

Transaction Alert!!!

Roster

Projected Depth Chart

Salary Distribution

Team Salary
chaodck

Postby chaodck on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:30 am

Sub-Chapter 2.5: January 2012 Review

Phoenix Suns:
Games

Monthly Stats

Accumulated Stats

Team News
  • Sebastian Telfair decided to test Free Agency during the off-season. The Suns organization made no comment about it, and rumors indicate they won't pursue the player.
  • After the Trades and Signings (explained below), Josh Childress remains in the plank, as he hasn't yet filled coach Gentry's palate.
  • There's still no news on the Robin Lopez contract situation. The player wants to stay in Phoenix, but the team hasn't offered an extension.

Around The League

Standings

League Leaders

Award Winners

• Eastern Conference Player of The Month: Dwayne Wade had a great month, averaging 25.2 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 4.7 APG, 1.9 SPG and 1.5 BPG, while shooting .543 FG%, .258 3P% and .769 FT%. He led his team to an 11-4 record in January.
  • Western Conference Player of The Month: Russell Westbrook doesn't want to be considered Kevin Durant's sidekick, and he had a great January, with 24.1 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 6.3 APG and 2.5 SPG, shooting .423 FG%, .300 3P% and .822 FT%. He led the Thunder to a 10-4 record in January.
  • Eastern Conference Rookie of The Month: Kyrie Irving continues to lead all rookies in scoring and minutes played. He returned to the RoM award averaging 19.2 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 4.7 APG and 0.9 SPG, while shooting almost perfectly, .500 FG%, .472 3P% and .969 FT%.
  • Western Conference Rookie of The Month: Markieff Morris won the starting position during January, and finally forced Channing Frye out of the team. He averaged 12.4 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 0.5 APG, 0.5 SPG and 0.8 BPG, while shooting .488 FG%, .425 3P% and .632 FT%.

Important Transactions

Rumor Mill
  • Gerald Wallace is rumored to become a Free Agent once the season ends. His contract expired and he hasn't yet seated with the ownership of the Blazers to discuss an extension.
  • Forward Luis Scola has been target of constant rumors in the past weeks, and there are at least two east conference teams interested, the Hawks and the Heat.
  • The Dwight Howard carrousel continues, not only with his player option uncertain, but also with teams offering players to try and make a deal. The Oklahoma City Thunder have reportedly offered a package including James Harden, a couple of young players, draft picks and cash considerations.

Injuries
  • Houston Rockets Center Samuel Dalembert Tore his MCL during a pre-game workout, he will miss the rest of the season and probably the start of the next one.
  • Los Angeles Lakers Forward Pau Gasol broke his jaw in a rough encounter with Dirk Nowitzki in the post, he will miss 6-8 weeks.

Other News
  • No milestones or records broken
chaodck

Postby Martti. on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Man, this is very thorough, will have to check on the updates more closely. Minutes are hard to come by with Nash there, but you're doing well with the minutes you get. Awesome effort from you against LA!

Are you playing SG most of the time with Nash or do you just back him up?
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby NBALIVE2000VIDEOS on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:12 am

Awesome stats!!!!! (Y)

post a highlight steal/dunk/reb/ast if you can!! :)
NBA LIVE 2000 ULTIMATE NOSTALGIC WIZS
PG ANTONIO DANIELS
SG ALVIN WILLIAMS (only non-wiz)
SF LARRY HUGHES
PF ANTAWN JAMISON
C JUWAN HOWARD

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/113520-the-washington-wizards-want-larry-hughes-back
NBALIVE2000VIDEOS

Postby chaodck on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:23 am

Man, this is very thorough, will have to check on the updates more closely. Minutes are hard to come by with Nash there, but you're doing well with the minutes you get. Awesome effort from you against LA!

Are you playing SG most of the time with Nash or do you just back him up?

Thanks for the kind words!! I'm subbing in for Nash, as he plays around 30 minutes per game, and the other 5 minutes I get, are normally in the clutch, as SG, in a three-guard formation with Brown and Nash.

Awesome stats!!!!!

post a highlight steal/dunk/reb/ast if you can!!

I have plans on doing a season highlight reel, every game I play (1-2 a month) I save the best plays as replays, so at the end of the season I'll post a highlights video.

------
Guys, this is still very much alive!!! Thing is I'm getting tired of the stats output!! So I'm trying to envision another update methodology, as I take too long to do the games, even with the latest system (recaps). I take longer to outlay the stats into the excel file, than to play the month before I have to do so. And that's not right, because it takes interest away from the game (specially since I'm playing very thoroughly Skyrim and Football Manager 2012, both of them are time consuming! [offtopic] I've got a great journal for FM 12, maybe I'll post it in the other games section [/offtopic]]).

So, I'll prepare the February update during this week, trying to maintain the high level of information, but at the same time, trying to be a bit less comprehensive, so I can keep the updates coming faster!!!

Thanks for reading and commenting!! Take care!!
chaodck

Postby chaodck on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:13 am

Sub-Chapter 2.6: February 2012 Review

Phoenix Suns:
Games

Monthly Stats

Accumulated Stats

Team News
  • Steve Nash surpassed Kevin Johnson as the Suns player with most assists ever.
  • Josh Childress continues to struggle, having his worst month in the time he's been a Suns player. Linas Kleiza, on the other hand is doing quite well given his spot, and will continue to get increased minutes.
  • Robin Lopez finally signed his extension, a 2-year contract, with a team option for the second season. Shannon Brown, Gilbert Arenas and Leon Powe couldn't reach an agreement and will become Free Agents come July 1st. Both Arenas and Powe have made their desire clear to stay in Phoenix, Brown, wants to test the market.
  • Rookies Alfonso Poblete and Markieff Morris, besides swingman Shannon Brown represented the Phoenix Suns in the 2012 All-Star Weekend in Orlando, Florida. Poblete came up second in the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, failing behind "Human Pogo Stick" Jeremy Evans of the Utah Jazz, while Markieff Morris didn't do well and came up short in the First Round of the Foot Locker Three Point Championship, and Shannon Brown teamed-up with Diana Taurasi of the Phoenix Mercury and Suns Legend Dan Majerle in the Haier Shooting Stars Contest, which they won, beating Team New York in the Finals. We must say that Morris and Poblete also played in the Rookie-Sophomore game, which they won, with Poblete having a great participation, with 19 points.

Around The League

Standings

League Leaders

Award Winners

• Eastern Conference Player of The Month: LeBron James averaged in 11 games in February 28.1 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 5.5 APG, 2.6 SPG and 0.4 BPG, shooting .547 FG%, .375 3P% and .697 FT%. His impressive numbers led the Heat to a 9-2 record in February.
  • Western Conference Player of The Month: Kevin Love took the scoring load in his team during this month, including a career-high 43 points in a loss against the Suns. He averaged 26.3 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.5 SPG and 1.5 BPG, while shooting .507 FG%, .500 3P% and .835 FT%. He led his team to a 7-6 record.
  • Eastern Conference Rookie of The Month: Kyrie Irving averaged 18.1 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 4.9 APG and 1.5 SPG, shooting .500 FG%, .455 3P% and .908 FT%. He leads all rookies in scoring, is second in assists, and third in FT%.
  • Western Conference Rookie of The Month: Ricky Rubio won back his award, averaging 11.0 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 6.9 APG and 1.9 SPG, shooting .398 FG%, .406 3P% and .780 FT%. He leads all rookies in Assists and Steals, being top-5 all league in both categories.

Important Transactions
  • The Cleveland Cavaliers traded Guard/Forward Alonzo Gee and Center Ryan Hollins to the New Orleans Hornets for Center Emeka Okafor.
  • The MinnesotaTimberwolves traded Center Nikola Pekovic and Forward Anthony Tolliver to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for Forwards J.J. Hickson and Travis Outlaw.
  • The Houston Rockets have traded Guard Courtney Lee and a Second Round 2012 Draft Pick to the New Orleans Hornets for Guard Xavier Henry.
  • The Utah Jazz have traded Forwards Paul Millsap and DeMarre Carroll to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for Guard Tyreke Evans.
  • The Chicago Bulls have traded Guards Ronnie Brewer and C.J. Watson to the Milwaukee Bucks for Guard/Forward Stephen Jackson and a Second Round 2013 Draft Pick.
  • The Philadelphia 76ers have traded Forwards Thaddeus Young and Andrés Nocioni to the New York Knicks in exchange for Guard Iman Shumpert and Center Tyson Chandler.
  • The Los Angeles Lakers have signed Guard Manny Harris to a 1-year contract.
  • The Utah Jazz have signed Forward Chukwudiebere Maduabum to a 1-year contract.
  • The Phoenix Suns have re-signed Center Robin Lopez to a 2-year deal.
  • The Utah Jazz have re-signed Guard Josh Howard to a 4-year deal.

Injuries
  • Philadelphia 76ers Guard Andre Iguodala broke his left foot after a hard fall in a game against the Bucks, he'll miss 6-8 weeks.
  • Denver Nuggets Center Jamaal Magloire tore his Hamstring during a training session., he will miss 6-8 weeks.

Other News
  • Kevin Love, of the Minnesota Timberwolves broke his franchise's record of most Free Throws Made, with 19, in a February 17th game against the Orlando Magic.
chaodck

Postby chaodck on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:08 am

Sub-Chapter 2.7: March 2012 Review

Phoenix Suns:
Games

Monthly Stats

Accumulated Stats

Team News
  • The team has been overperforming so far, and with 10 games left in the season, is in direct contention of the divisional title. But, the conference and division are so close together, that the Suns still haven't managed to qualify for the playoffs.
  • Coach Gentry is reportedly very happy with the contribution of Kleiza and Arenas to the team, they are considered key reserves alongside rookie Alfonso Poblete. The team is now actively pursuing Arenas' contract renewal.
  • There is a strong rumor that if Josh Childress cannot be moved prior to or during the NBA Draft, he will be released, despite of his mid-sized contract.

Around The League

Standings
Teams with an asterisk (*) are qualified for the Playoffs.

League Leaders

Award Winners

• Eastern Conference Player of The Month: Brandon Jennings took the team on his shoulders after the Stephen Jackson trade to the Bulls. The Point Guard averaged 28.1 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 4.6 APG, 1.4 SPG and 0.2 BPG, while shooting .497 FG%, .434 3P% and .820 FT%. He led his team to a 12-4 record in March and to secure a playoff berth.
  • Western Conference Player of The Month: Kobe Bryant continued his steady improvement after the season-start injury. The League's Leading Scorer averaged 35.9 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 3.3 APG, 2.1 SPG and 0.3 BPG, shooting .467 FG%, .269 3P% and .864 FT%. He couldn't make the Lakers improve, only having a 6-8 record, despite his great play.
  • Eastern Conference Rookie of The Month: Kemba Walker has had a rought rookie season, missing already on 23 games due to diverse minor injuries. But he got to play a full month and averaged 15.9 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 4.8 APG, 0.8 SPG and 0.1 BPG, shooting .473 FG%, .426 3P% and .782 FT%. He currently is fourth among rookies in scoring and thid in assists.
  • Western Conference Rookie of The Month: Jimmer Fredette struggled to get minutes in the first part of the year, but after the Kings swapped swingman Tyreke Evans to Utah for Paul Millsap the Jimmer-Mania took over Sac-Town. Fredette averaged 14.9 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 5.8 APG and 0.7 SPG, shooting .359 FG%, .317 3P% and .918 FT%.

Important Transactions
    • The Philadelphia 76ers have signed Forward Al Thornton to a 1-year deal.
    • The Washington Wizards have fired their coach, Flip Saunders and have hired Chris Bryan to replace him.
    • The New Orleans Hornets have fired coach Monty Williams and replaced him with Cory Winston.
    • The New York Knicks have fired coach Mike D'Antoni and signed former Wizards coach Flip Saunders to replace him.
    • The Toronto Raptors fired coach Dwane Casey and hired former New York Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni to fill the position.

Injuries
    • Los Angeles Lakers Center Andrew Bynum has a Sore Knee problem and will have to play through it for the rest of the season.
    • Indiana Pacers Forward Danny Granger broke his ankle while performing a bad turn in practice and will miss 6-8 weeks.
    • San Antonio Spurs Guard Tony Parker broke his left foot in a game against the Houston Rockets. Parker will miss the end of the season and probably the playoffs.

Other News
    • No important other news.
chaodck

Postby chaodck on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:17 am

Guys I kind of screwed up and simmed the last day of the season before prepping the game reviews!!! So I can't post the boxscores of the 10 last games of the season. I'm preparing right now a Season Recap - Playoffs Preview update, and expect a little surprise coming to compensate for the screw-up of the last 10 games!!
chaodck

Postby chaodck on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:23 am

2011-2012 Regular Season Review

Phoenix Suns
Overview
We won 6 of the last 10 games of the season, finishing the season with a great 46-36 record, that was enough to guarantee us our first Divisional Title since the 2006-2007 season.
We exceeded all expectations that put us as a "Fringe" team, in the bubble and with a slight playoffs chance. In our own "Season Preview" we told that if we got to .500 it would be a successful season, well we stood finally at .561!!

Season Stats
  • Shannon Brown was the team's best scorer, despite not starting at the beginning of the season.
  • Marcin Gortat was solid all season, posting best numbers for Points, Rebounds, Blocks and Minutes per game.
  • Steve Nash continues his statistic decay, despite averaging the exact same PPG than last season, his assists went down considerably.
  • Rookies Morris and Poblete proved their worth and that they will be a great building block for the future. Morris' offense power and Poblete's defense is a great combo.
  • Linas Kleiza was a great pickup mid- season in a trade with the Raptors. The Lithuanean is the front-runnner for Grant Hill's starting position come next season.

Playoffs Roster

Projected Playoffs Depth Chart

Around The League
League Leaders

Sorry for the slim of this report, but I missed the last month of the reg. season due to simming one day ahead and advancing to the playoffs screen! The Season awards will be given during the playoffs reports!!

Now, for the surprise!!! The Top-10 plays of Alfonso "A-Train" Poblete in the 2011-2012 NBA Regular Season!!!
phpBB [video]

Playoffs preview coming up!!
chaodck

Postby chaodck on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:26 am

Playoffs Preview

Western Conference

8th vs. 1st
Our Take: The Thunder are one of the most in-form teams in the NBA, and they don't have injury problems. They should advance easily.
Prediction: Thunder in 5.

5th vs. 4th
Our Take: The Suns ended the season in great form, winning almost 58% of their games after the All-Star break. They face a Warriors team that gave them trouble during the Season, but have Stephen Curry maybe at 70%.
Prediction: Suns in 6.

6th vs. 3rd
Our Take: The Blazers have a solid all-round team and should win this series, despite not counting with Greg Oden (have they ever counted with Greg Oden?), but the Clippers are a dangerous team with a Big3 of their own (Paul, Butler, Griffin).
Prediction: Clippers in 7.

7th vs. 2nd
Our Take: An inter-state battle features the second-best Spurs against the Rockets. Tony Parker will miss the whole series and that could put a dent on the Spurs Title hopes, as the Rockets have a strong team, but without Dalembert as a strong presence inside, the Spurs should win.
Prediction: Spurs in 5.

Eastern Conference

8th vs. 1st
Our Take: The only team to qualify under .500 faces the NBA's best team, and without their star player de to an injured ankle. Enough said.
Prediction: Bulls in 4.

5th vs. 4th
Our Take: Maybe the most even series in the East, but without Bogut for at least 2 to 3 games and without Jennings for the series, the Sixers must win.
Prediction: Sixers in 5.

6th vs. 3rd
Our Take: The Celtics may be older, but they sure have experience in this kind of matchups. The Celtics-Hakws late-era rivalry sparks with two great, even teams, and the resut is close. Hinrich will miss the entire playoffs and his spark off the bench will be missed.
Prediction: Celtics in 6.

7th vs. 2nd
Our Take: "The Thrilla' in South Florida'" features two awesome teams with great Star Power. The Heat's big three will try to get once again to the Finals, but they have to go through D-12 and his Magic.
Prediction: Heat in 6.

Breaking News!!
Scott Brooks named Coach of the Year

Josh Smith named KIA Defensive Player of the Year

So that's it, I'll be back, after the First Round of the Playoffs, with the recap, and more season awards!!!
chaodck

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood