***NEW UPDATE***: Ult. ModPack UBRV62+(44+ Complete Seasons-1970-Pres) 8/2/14

Release or preview patches for NBA 2K12.

Re: Ultimate Base RosterV5 [51 Extra Retro Teams] + Upd. Ros

Postby aaron91 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:15 am

No offense Hawk I love what you do, but a bunch of the player ratings seem to be off, in terms of the abilities and skills. Would you want me to make a running list of things that need to / could be changed?
aaron91

Postby Gozda on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:10 am

I think I found a bug: Players which are included in this roster and the original players by 2k have wrong colleges. For Example Hakeem Olajuwon is from Hong Kong and MJ isn't from N.Carolina. I know it isn't very irritating, I'm just saying. People, do you have the same situation, or I did something wrong while installing a patch?
Gozda

Postby Brent72 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:03 am

I was playing '09 Lakers vs. '08 Celtics on Boston's home court and it crashed a couple minutes into the game.
Brent72

Postby MJALLDAY on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:01 am

Hawk please add the 94-95 Bulls, they'd be an easy make, you have all the jerseys and cyberfaces except Pete Myers already in the game and you can use the ratings from 2k11.
MJALLDAY

Postby FishBowlMan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:39 am

First off, let me thank Hawk and anyone else involved in this project for bringing us these quality add-ons. I love the late 90's era so its great to play with and against these classic teams.

Gozda wrote:I think I found a bug: Players which are included in this roster and the original players by 2k have wrong colleges. For Example Hakeem Olajuwon is from Hong Kong and MJ isn't from N.Carolina. I know it isn't very irritating, I'm just saying. People, do you have the same situation, or I did something wrong while installing a patch?

I have the same issue. it seems like the ID used for the college is one lower than it should be. e.g. Greg Ostertag is listed as being from Japan. Add 1 to the number and you get to Kansas. Sam Cassell listed as Florida International. Add 1 and we get the correct Florida State. etc.

Also, I have a chap called Bobby Mason coaching the '97/'98 & '06/'07 Jazz instead of Jerry Sloan. This is on version 5 of the roster.

Question: am I supposed to install each of the versions of your roster, or does the latest version download include all previous updates?

Cheers,

John.
There is no room inside a box!
FishBowlMan

Postby Yungboy21Ent on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 am

Loving this update Hawk! Can't wait till you add Albys new 2.0 roster to this (Y)
For now I'll keep using this one..
Yungboy21Ent

Postby nuhmete on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:58 am

FishBowlMan wrote:Question: am I supposed to install each of the versions of your roster, or does the latest version download include all previous updates?

Nah, you just need to install the latest and that's it.

The college issue is most probably caused by a scramble. Can anyone confirm if every single player's college is wrong or just some are affected? Does raising the value +1 work with every player?
nuhmete
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jsader on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 pm

Brent72 wrote:I was playing '09 Lakers vs. '08 Celtics on Boston's home court and it crashed a couple minutes into the game.

I used the 07-08 Celtics at home and it crashed, as well as on the road at the 08-09 Cavs.
jsader

Postby Brent72 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:06 pm

jsader wrote:
I used the 07-08 Celtics at home and it crashed, as well as on the road at the 08-09 Cavs.

Yeah, I tried games on both Lakers and Celtics courts and it crashed both times. Wasn't sure which team was causing the problem, but apparently it's the Celtics.
Brent72

Postby jsader on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Brent72 wrote:
jsader wrote:

Yeah, I tried games on both Lakers and Celtics courts and it crashed both times. Wasn't sure which team was causing the problem, but apparently it's the Celtics.

I also got a crash on the 92 Dream Team, and the 97-98 Pacers.
jsader

Postby FishBowlMan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:18 pm

nuhmete wrote:
FishBowlMan wrote:Question: am I supposed to install each of the versions of your roster, or does the latest version download include all previous updates?

Nah, you just need to install the latest and that's it.

Thanks. I assumed so, but just thought I'd check :) There must be another explanation for the lack of Jerry Sloan.

nuhmete wrote:The college issue is most probably caused by a scramble. Can anyone confirm if every single player's college is wrong or just some are affected? Does raising the value +1 work with every player?

A random sample of 30 players from the retro rosters seems to indicate all the colleges / associations are wrong. I'm assuming they are 1 out by looking at the college list in the "create a player" menu in-game. I don't have any editors so I don't know whether they follow that format in the underlying database.

This only seems to apply to the created / added teams. The default (2011 / 2012) team's players have the correct colleges as far as I can tell.
FishBowlMan

Game Crashes

Postby FishBowlMan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:28 pm

There seems to be 2 separate issues relating to game crashing.

#1 seems to be to do with the courts and will cause a crash as soon as the game mode is entered. I have experienced this crash but have no idea what causes it. A post by andrefaelner a few posts back detailed the retro courts that cause the crash.I don't know how to add a link to a previous post so I'll quote the relevant courts that he's discovered:

andrefaelnar wrote:
chok9 wrote:
jaelove wrote:Tried to start a game with the '97 76ers with the chicago bulls and the game crashed

same thing happened to me. I think there's a problem with the 6ers home court?

that happened to me as well. actually i was testing out all the retro teams of which one is crashing and which team is not crashing

List of Retro Teams That Crash Using UBR V5:
71-72 Bulls
*77-78 Bullets
*92-93 Nets
*96-97 Rockets
*96-97 Bullets
96-97 Sixers
*97-98 Pacers
*00-01 Bucks
*99-00 Pacers
*03-04 Pacers

Legend:
* - It was working in the previous version which is in V4.1

The second crash / freeze happens in-game at what "appears" to be random times. I've narrowed it down and can suggest a quick-fix but am not entirely sure of the reasons for this.

It is either to do with playbooks, or player's "play types".

During a game, if the user or the computer tries to assign a play to a player who has this issue, the game will freeze. For the computer, immediately after a basket (and I assume a rebound) the computer will allocate the next play. If it is for a player not affected, the game procedes as normal. If the player is affected, the game will crash.

Also, if the user manually tries to assign a play to the affected player, the game will similarly crash.

This also applies to the "scrimmage" and "practice - plays" mode, which is how I worked out how to solve the issue.

To test a team, the easiest way to check is to run a scrimmage with a created team. With the ball, try and call a play for the pg, sg, sf, pf & c in turn. If you hit an affected player, the game will freeze. If all 5 players are ok, substitute the next 5 players in the roster and try again. Similarly with the final 2. If there are no crashes, that team is fine and will not crash during the game.

The quick fix for the problem once you've identified the player is to find him in the "Rosters - Edit Player" and scroll down to the "Play Types". If the player has "Pick & Roll" selected, change this to either "P & R Ball Handler" or "P & R Roll Man". For any other plays, I've found that if you scroll round until the same play is selected, this seems to cure the issue.

Make sure you click the "next" button to save the changes you've made.

I've currently found the following players to be an issue, and this method has so far cured the problem.

'97 / '98 Utah Jazz - Brian Russell
'07 / '08 Boston Celtics - Paul Pierce
'92 Dream Team - David Robinson

These teams I've looked at and have not experienced a problem:

'08 / '09 Orlando Magic
'99 / '00 Portland Trailblazers
'08 / '09 Houston Rockets
'97 / '98 San Antonio Spurs
'97 / '98 Minnesota Timberwolves

Perhaps someone who's got the same issue can give this a try and see whether I'm barking up the right tree.

John.
FishBowlMan

Postby jerkyjeck on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks for the update HAWK. Just a suggestion: it would be nice if you will have a separate download link for the updates only so that we don't have to download the old files that are included in the newest version. Keep up the good work!
JerkyJeck: Neo-Genesis Since 2K1
Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/jerkyjeck
jerkyjeck

Re: Game Crashes

Postby jsader on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:25 pm

FishBowlMan wrote:There seems to be 2 separate issues relating to game crashing.

#1 seems to be to do with the courts and will cause a crash as soon as the game mode is entered. I have experienced this crash but have no idea what causes it. A post by andrefaelner a few posts back detailed the retro courts that cause the crash.I don't know how to add a link to a previous post so I'll quote the relevant courts that he's discovered:

andrefaelnar wrote:
chok9 wrote:
jaelove wrote:Tried to start a game with the '97 76ers with the chicago bulls and the game crashed

same thing happened to me. I think there's a problem with the 6ers home court?

that happened to me as well. actually i was testing out all the retro teams of which one is crashing and which team is not crashing

List of Retro Teams That Crash Using UBR V5:
71-72 Bulls
*77-78 Bullets
*92-93 Nets
*96-97 Rockets
*96-97 Bullets
96-97 Sixers
*97-98 Pacers
*00-01 Bucks
*99-00 Pacers
*03-04 Pacers

Legend:
* - It was working in the previous version which is in V4.1

The second crash / freeze happens in-game at what "appears" to be random times. I've narrowed it down and can suggest a quick-fix but am not entirely sure of the reasons for this.

It is either to do with playbooks, or player's "play types".

During a game, if the user or the computer tries to assign a play to a player who has this issue, the game will freeze. For the computer, immediately after a basket (and I assume a rebound) the computer will allocate the next play. If it is for a player not affected, the game procedes as normal. If the player is affected, the game will crash.

Also, if the user manually tries to assign a play to the affected player, the game will similarly crash.

This also applies to the "scrimmage" and "practice - plays" mode, which is how I worked out how to solve the issue.

To test a team, the easiest way to check is to run a scrimmage with a created team. With the ball, try and call a play for the pg, sg, sf, pf & c in turn. If you hit an affected player, the game will freeze. If all 5 players are ok, substitute the next 5 players in the roster and try again. Similarly with the final 2. If there are no crashes, that team is fine and will not crash during the game.

The quick fix for the problem once you've identified the player is to find him in the "Rosters - Edit Player" and scroll down to the "Play Types". If the player has "Pick & Roll" selected, change this to either "P & R Ball Handler" or "P & R Roll Man". For any other plays, I've found that if you scroll round until the same play is selected, this seems to cure the issue.

Make sure you click the "next" button to save the changes you've made.

I've currently found the following players to be an issue, and this method has so far cured the problem.

'97 / '98 Utah Jazz - Brian Russell
'07 / '08 Boston Celtics - Paul Pierce
'92 Dream Team - David Robinson

These teams I've looked at and have not experienced a problem:

'08 / '09 Orlando Magic
'99 / '00 Portland Trailblazers
'08 / '09 Houston Rockets
'97 / '98 San Antonio Spurs
'97 / '98 Minnesota Timberwolves

Perhaps someone who's got the same issue can give this a try and see whether I'm barking up the right tree.

John.

Good stuff man. Thanks a lot.
jsader

Postby HAWK23 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:24 pm

I have a few different ideas for some of the crashing issues... like someone stated before the teams that crash before entering game mode is probably due to typos or something in the courts or coaches tab... this was probably done during the transfer to the updated roster file...

the teams crashing in game is probably due to running a play with the player... I know how to fix these too... I'm just going to need to review the .ROS file in reditor and edit any typos that may have been caused my copying too much information at once... I'll try to take a look at it tonight... I've just been swamped with work...

P.S. If you guys know which specific players are causing crashes when you try to assign a play with them let me know... the easy fix for this is going to EDIT them and just make sure the first PLAY type doesn't say "none". My guess is players who crash when you try to pick a play for them say the following:

Type 1: None
Type 2: Mid-Range
Type 3: P&R Man

as for the colleges... if everything is one number off it's due to the fact that the newest official2K update must have added a new college or something... if someone can figure out which college was added let me know... because that's probably the reason everyone is one off... they were fine in V4
UBR Online: http://www.UltimateNBA2k.comTwitter: @UltimateNBA2KFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/UltimateUBR
:arrow:Download the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K12
:arrow:Download the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K14

2014 Mod2013 Mod2012 Mod2011 Mod2010 Mod
2009 Mod2008 Mod2007 Mod2006 Mod2005 Mod2004 Mod2003 Mod2002 Mod2001 Mod2000 Mod
1999 Mod1998 Mod1997 Mod1996 Mod1995 Mod1994 Mod1993 Mod1992 Mod1991 Mod1990 Mod
1989 Mod1988 Mod1987 Mod1986 Mod1985 Mod1984 Mod1983 Mod1982 Mod1981 Mod1980 Mod
1979 Mod1978 Mod1977 Mod1976 Mod1975 Mod1974 Mod1973 Mod1972 Mod1971 Mod1970 Mod
1969 Mod1968 Mod1967 Mod1966 Mod1965 Mod1964 Mod1963 Mod1962 Mod1952 Mod
All-Time Legends ModUltimate 90's ModUltimate 80's ModUltimate 70's ModAll-Star/USA Mod
HAWK23
Contributor
Contributor

Postby carmelo on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:17 am

I installed the new version roster but something happens to current jersey of the sixers (away). Maybe your rookie iverson sixers team jersey overwrite the current jersey of the team. Could you repair this and where can I find now the current sixers jersey away?
carmelo

Postby ballsandword on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:07 am

how come some players have no shoes..like lebron and kobe
getting closer now...
ballsandword

Postby MJALLDAY on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 am

ballsandword wrote:how come some players have no shoes..like lebron and kobe
You're sig's a lie, not even close.
MJALLDAY

Postby rotchild on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:33 am

HAWK23 wrote:...crash before entering game mode is probably due to typos or something in the courts or coaches tab...

As you mentioned coaches, I also noticed that some of the teams have no coaches and also no assistant coaches (both "invisible" during the game. Just the backup players sitting on the benches). I noticed that with The '88-'89 Pistons (Chuck Daly) and the 88'-89' Bulls (?) (Doug Collins) (?)
rotchild

Postby FishBowlMan on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:03 am

HAWK23 wrote:... the easy fix for this is going to EDIT them and just make sure the first PLAY type doesn't say "none". My guess is players who crash when you try to pick a play for them say the following:

Type 2: Mid-Range
Type 3: P&R Man

I don't think that's the cause of this. e.g. Dan Majerle in the '92 / '93 Phoenix Suns has:

Type 2: Mid Range
Type 3: Cutter
Type 4: None

I've just tried this team and it works fine. It would be interesting to know how the computer deals with this in the game. Does it automatically skip to the type 2 play, or will it effectively run "no play" for that set if it wants a Type 1 play.

I'll let you know of any other players that have this problem if I find any.

HAWK23 wrote:as for the colleges... if everything is one number off it's due to the fact that the newest official2K update must have added a new college or something... if someone can figure out which college was added let me know... because that's probably the reason everyone is one off... they were fine in V4

Can't help with this I'm afraid as I don't seem to have a roster update that isn't affected by the official update. I can confirm that the default NBA team's players are correct. The new created players are out by 1, as are the players from the unlocked retro teams e.g. John Stockton (unlocked through legends) is listed as "Golden Bear" instead of "Gonzaga".
FishBowlMan

Postby ballsandword on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:25 am

MJALLDAY wrote:

:applaud:
getting closer now...
ballsandword

Postby Tommyhtc on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:54 am

ballsandword wrote:
MJALLDAY wrote:

:shock:
oh god...
Tommyhtc

Postby nuhmete on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:06 am

You have to have Official NBA 2K12 Roster Update & Online Data
nuhmete
Contributor
Contributor

Postby MJALLDAY on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:14 am

ballsandword wrote:
MJALLDAY wrote:

SIDEKICK 4 LIFE
MJALLDAY

Postby blkmagnum22 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:31 am

without scottie Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs

who is talkin bout sidekicks?

kobe is the goat :lol:
blkmagnum22

Postby ballsandword on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:42 am

MJALLDAY wrote:
ballsandword wrote:
MJALLDAY wrote:

SIDEKICK 4 LIFE

:applaud: keep talkin...
getting closer now...
ballsandword

Postby ballsandword on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:43 am

nuhmete wrote:

You have to have Official NBA 2K12 Roster Update & Online Data

thanks sir!
getting closer now...
ballsandword

Postby Tommyhtc on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:57 am

blkmagnum22 wrote:without scottie Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs

can we not talk about this in this thread?
"all we are saying is give peace a chance" :bowdown: :bowdown2:
Tommyhtc

Postby ballsandword on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:19 am

Tommyhtc wrote:

oh man not metta! lol!
getting closer now...
ballsandword

Postby MJALLDAY on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:29 am

I'm talking about sidekicks, I don't know what you're talking about. Even a blind crack head knows that Scottie Pippen was never even close to being better than Jordan and that Shaquille O'neal was clearly the best player on the Lakers every year he played with Kobe, Kobe's a great player but get real, he couldn't even get into the playoffs the year after he ran Phil Jackson and Shaq out of town. If it wasn't for the insider trade for Pau Gasol he'd still be ring-less on his
own.
MJALLDAY

Postby MJALLDAY on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:33 am

Tommyhtc wrote:

You're right, I'll stop, but dude's sig hit a nerve. Kobe Bryant.....please.
MJALLDAY

Postby carmelo on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:38 am

carmelo wrote:I installed the new version roster but something happens to current jersey of the sixers (away). Maybe your rookie iverson sixers team jersey overwrite the current jersey of the team. Could you repair this and where can I find now the current sixers jersey away?

Has anyone had this problem?
carmelo

Postby FishBowlMan on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 am

Right. I've checked the first 18 teams in order. I've stopped for now as I'm going cross eyed :)

These teams are fine on my system:

'51 / '52 Lakers
'57 / '58 Hawks
'61 / '62 Warriors
'64 / '65 Celtics
'64 / '65 Lakers
'70 / '71 Bucks
'70 / '71 Lakers
'70 / '71 Hawks
'71 / '72 Bulls
'71 / '72 Lakers
'71 / '72 Knicks
'76 / '77 76ers - although only F. Carter has any plays to use. Everyone else is blank in-game.
'77 / '78 Bullets
'84 / '85 Knicks
'84 / '85 76ers
'85 / '86 Bulls

Two teams have issues:

'61 / '62 Royals - Dave Zeller has an issue with his 1st play type.
'84 / '85 Bucks - Paul Thompson has an issue with his 1st play type.

What I've noticed for these 2 players, is that the in-game play type and the values in REDitor are different for the invalid play selection.

For example with Dave Zegler, in-game he's listed as Isolation, Isolation, Mid-range, None, whereas the numbers in the editor were 4, 1, 7, 0. It seems the game is getting confused if the in-game play type does not match the editor values. I scrolled through in-game and set the play types back to Isolation, Isolation, Mid-range, None and saved the player. Now the editor shows, correctly, 1, 1, 0, 0. I then went back in-game and changed the play type to (I think) P & R Ball handler, saved the player and this time the editor displays 4, 1, 7, 0

If the in-game selection matches the REDitor roster, the game will run fine. If they don't, the game will crash during play when either the user or the computer tries to set a play for the affected player.

I don't know whether the problem is with the roster itself, if there is a problem with the editor loading / saving the roster file, or with the game loading / saving the roster file, but I hope this info can help somebody diagnose the error.

Just to re-confirm, it does not matter if play type 1 is set to "none" and there are plays in 2, 3 or 4

If I find any more teams / players with issues I'll let you know.

Hawk, I understand you've got a lot on your plate at the moment, but is it possible to remove the duplicated plays in some team's playbooks? e.g. in the Jazz '98 playbook, the play# 8F008BA6 (97 Jazz 15 Dribble Punch) is repeated 4 times. Its hard enough trying to find a suitable play for Greg Ostertag without having all these duplicates :)

John.
FishBowlMan

Postby blkmagnum22 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:35 am

game crashes when i try to start association with 07-08 sonics..
and their jersey numbers are blue.
blkmagnum22

Postby nuhmete on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:39 am

I answered the jersey number issue a few pages ago:
nuhmete wrote:There's no way to fix jersey numbers at all in 2K12 - And numbers cannot be converted during the 2K11 to 2K12 transfer - what I'm doing is pasting the textures on a 2K12 jersey and the converted jersey gets these numbers. So I had the option of using correct colors or correct position. I think position matters more. If a 2K12 jersey with both the correct position and color is found or a tool comes out that allows me to edit numbers, I can fix that.

The only jersey in the entire game that had the correct number position for Sonics was the away Thunder jersey (tried it on All-Star jerseys too but the name in the back went under the number then). It also has away lighting for all 3 jerseys (Tried the jersey lighting tool on it too, didn't even change).
If someone finds how to change the number colors or makes the correct jersey it'll be included. Otherwise, the current version is as close as it gets.
nuhmete
Contributor
Contributor

Postby blkmagnum22 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:41 am

MJALLDAY wrote:

I'm talking about sidekicks, I don't know what you're talking about. Even a blind crack head knows that Scottie Pippen was never even close to being better than Jordan and that Shaquille O'neal was clearly the best player on the Lakers every year he played with Kobe, Kobe's a great player but get real, he couldn't even get into the playoffs the year after he ran Phil Jackson and Shaq out of town. If it wasn't for the insider trade for Pau Gasol he'd still be ring-less on his
own.

even a blind crack head can see that kobe plays in a tougher era. phil has said the celtics/pistons were the toughest defensive teams hes ever coached against.

kobe >
and yeah he couldnt get to the playoffs maybe cuz he had chris mihm and smush parker, where are those bums now?

1-9 without scottie pippen :lol: :lol: :lol:
blkmagnum22

Postby blkmagnum22 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:43 am

nuhmete wrote:I answered the jersey number issue a few pages ago:
nuhmete wrote:There's no way to fix jersey numbers at all in 2K12 - And numbers cannot be converted during the 2K11 to 2K12 transfer - what I'm doing is pasting the textures on a 2K12 jersey and the converted jersey gets these numbers. So I had the option of using correct colors or correct position. I think position matters more. If a 2K12 jersey with both the correct position and color is found or a tool comes out that allows me to edit numbers, I can fix that.

The only jersey in the entire game that had the correct number position for Sonics was the away Thunder jersey (tried it on All-Star jerseys too but the name in the back went under the number then). It also has away lighting for all 3 jerseys (Tried the jersey lighting tool on it too, didn't even change).
If someone finds how to change the number colors or makes the correct jersey it'll be included. Otherwise, the current version is as close as it gets.

thanks.. ill just use the fictional jerseys then. i can change the #s colors but then i try to change the name color and it comes out all messed up..

i started association with 04 sonics and it didnt crash
might be a problem with only the 08 sonics

but there is still a major problem when association is started, the names dont show up correctly in the stats sheet..it says i have jerry sloan, michael finley ect on my team lol
Last edited by blkmagnum22 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
blkmagnum22

Postby nuhmete on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 am

For the time being, if you still have your .ROS file from one of the older versions of UBR you can use the method mentioned in the FAQ - starting in the old roster file, exporting the team, loading it in the roster of your choice, starting the association from there and switching back to UBR5.

Your last edit is answered on the FAQ too - what you get is the engine failing to handle that big of a data file. I don't recommend starting association with UBR anyway, export your team and start it in the 2K Official roster. you can switch back to UBR after that, your association save will keep the vanilla roster.
nuhmete
Contributor
Contributor

Postby FishBowlMan on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 am

blkmagnum22 wrote:game crashes when i try to start association with 07-08 sonics..
and their jersey numbers are blue.

I don't have a problem with the '07 / '08 sonics. Which team were you playing against?
FishBowlMan

Postby nyknickschamp on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:17 am

SO IS IT ANYWAY WE CAN FIX THE CRASHING
nyknickschamp

Postby MJALLDAY on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:36 am

blkmagnum22 wrote:
MJALLDAY wrote:

own.

even a blind crack head can see that kobe plays in a tougher era. phil has said the celtics/pistons were the toughest defensive teams hes ever coached against.

kobe >
and yeah he couldnt get to the playoffs maybe cuz he had chris mihm and smush parker, where are those bums now?

Yeah Jordan played with legends like Dave Corzine and Brad Sellers his first three years in the league. He was drafted by a garbage team and he took them to the top. The only reason Kobe isn't another Iverson is because he's played with the Lakers for his entire career. They're the Yankees of basketball. They always have all star big men. Yeah this is a real tough era Kobe has played in. he's beaten Iverson's 76ers and Dwight Howard's Magic the two worst teams in NBA Finals history not to mention an ancient Celtics team. The competition in the NBA is pathetic right now, everyone knows it. The only time it was close to this bad was in the early 2000's. 0-4 vs the Mavs last year :lol: :lol: :lol
MJALLDAY

Postby Brent72 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:59 am

Why can't people just acknowledge that Jordan and Kobe are 2 of the 5 best players of all time and leave it at that? I've always said MJ is the best player ever, but I also believe Kobe is the closest thing to him we have ever seen and may ever see again. Give them both their due and be glad we've been able to witness their greatness.
Brent72

Postby ghobot21 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Although Kobe is/was known for 'ball hogging', he is still one of the greatest. Even Shaq (my favorite player) acknowledge him as one of the greatest. By dribbling, shooting and jamming, he is close to Michael Jordan. By popularity, he is still far off. that is why many will not acknowledge him as a great player.

I dislike him very much but still respected him as one of the greatest. If Michael Jordan approved him as the only person close to him, then no arguement from me because the G.O.A.T have said so. :)
ghobot21

Postby Tommyhtc on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:22 pm

blkmagnum22 wrote:kobe is the goat :loleven a blind crack head can see that kobe plays in a tougher era. phil has said the celtics/pistons were the toughest defensive teams hes ever coached against.

kobe >

for the love of god, there are a huge bunch of basketball forums out there, you can even start one thread in NBA & basketball talk...
just don't turn this into a Kobe vs Jordan spam-fest...
Tommyhtc

Postby HAWK23 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Maybe I should just going to go back to the V4.1 roster file... there's too much complaining... forget the updated nba teams...

and stop with the kobe/MJ crap or I'll just request Jao to lock the thread
UBR Online: http://www.UltimateNBA2k.comTwitter: @UltimateNBA2KFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/UltimateUBR
:arrow:Download the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K12
:arrow:Download the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K14

2014 Mod2013 Mod2012 Mod2011 Mod2010 Mod
2009 Mod2008 Mod2007 Mod2006 Mod2005 Mod2004 Mod2003 Mod2002 Mod2001 Mod2000 Mod
1999 Mod1998 Mod1997 Mod1996 Mod1995 Mod1994 Mod1993 Mod1992 Mod1991 Mod1990 Mod
1989 Mod1988 Mod1987 Mod1986 Mod1985 Mod1984 Mod1983 Mod1982 Mod1981 Mod1980 Mod
1979 Mod1978 Mod1977 Mod1976 Mod1975 Mod1974 Mod1973 Mod1972 Mod1971 Mod1970 Mod
1969 Mod1968 Mod1967 Mod1966 Mod1965 Mod1964 Mod1963 Mod1962 Mod1952 Mod
All-Time Legends ModUltimate 90's ModUltimate 80's ModUltimate 70's ModAll-Star/USA Mod
HAWK23
Contributor
Contributor

Postby andrefaelnar on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:15 pm

so you're just gonna stick to the 4.1 without the updated roster? too bad. i even liked the updated roster. from 56 lin's rating is already 70. i like the updated roster though. btw sorry for complaing though. i just wanted to point out the issues behind the mod. well i just hope that in the next update. you might be able to fix that. well if its your decision to go back to the v4.1, then that's fine. and hawk, you think its the roster file or the courts in the v5 mod could be the problem behind the crashes and all? just wanted to know your opinion if you experienced that when you tried it. btw, i only noticed it now. the colleges in players are scrambled and jumbled up. is it the typos that caused the scrambling of the info of the players' info?
andrefaelnar

Postby 123rockstar on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Hawk, thank you so much. I love Ultimate Base RosterV5 [51 Extra Retro Teams] + Upd. Ros. Image
123rockstar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Laker06 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:09 pm

HAWK23 wrote:Maybe I should just going to go back to the V4.1 roster file... there's too much complaining... forget the updated nba teams...

and stop with the kobe/MJ crap or I'll just request Jao to lock the thread

:cry: hope not Hawk :cry:
[img]http://solecollector.com/media/sneakers/images/nike-basketball-presents-count-on-kobe-header.jpg[/img ]
Laker06

Postby jonhpipepipe on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:58 am

C'mon guys, stoping complaining about everything, this guy is helping us to have a better, much better game. He works very hard and sometimes the only thing that we do is ask for more.

I honeslty don't belive we are going to move backwards, but if you guys (users like me) don't respect the time and work of the patchers it'll be very difficult to keep things on track, so let's stay cool, before hard measures come as a issue. Let's respect others opinions and sugest things, not obligate the patchers to accept what we want!

I'm a basketball lover, and still always belive that good projects like this one continous to move foward till the end...

Thanks guys,
John.
Believe... God is above us all!
jonhpipepipe

Postby andrefaelnar on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:09 am

jonhpipepipe wrote:C'mon guys, stoping complaining about everything, this guy is helping us to have a better, much better game. He works very hard and sometimes the only thing that we do is ask for more.

I honeslty don't belive we are going to move backwards, but if you guys (users like me) don't respect the time and work of the patchers it'll be very difficult to keep things on track, so let's stay cool, before hard measures come as a issue. Let's respect others opinions and sugest things, not obligate the patchers to accept what we want!

I'm a basketball lover, and still always belive that good projects like this one continous to move foward till the end...

Thanks guys,
John.

your right. just be thankful that hawk worked hard for this great mod. thanks for the mod hawk. its was worth downloading and i'll be looking forward to your next update soon.
andrefaelnar

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Releases & Previews