Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's Kings (2-7) - Smth to read: Kings need changes Ess

Postby hova- on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 am

Valor, the Bulls are so tough to beat in this game. One of the best balanced rosters out there.

Axel., I really liked my job on defense vs the Grizzlies. Gay and Mayo can kill you with their shooting, but for me it was tougher to contain Gasol in the paint.

Lamrock, well, as you can read above, I did not win that much recently. I just don't like the mixture of the roster. It doesn't really fit together.

Thierry •, Reke isn't playing that well recently. I want to get him back to the 23 ppg he had last season, but it's tough so far.

qfrmcpt310, thanks man ;)

john26, Donte is rock solid. I like him and I guess he will get the bucks when his contract expires after this season.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Martti. on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 am

Evans + Cousins + filler + 1st for Jennings and Bogut. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:03 am

Great write-up there hov, enjoyed every word of it and it spelt out your problems clearly (Y)
I don't see the problem with a well balanced team, but the only recent one that has won are the 04 Pistons and I'm not sure if your defense is good enough to play in that mold. A move seems immanent, it'll be interesting to see who you go for :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby dare on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Nice read did not get to follow much these days..
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:47 am

I think the first thing the Kings need to do is clean out their incompetent front office. :P In all seriousness, I'm interested to see what you'll do.
Lamrock

Postby Cruzerr on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 am

Good writeup, but you need changes. Fast.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby hova- on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:29 am

Lamrock wrote:I think the first thing the Kings need to do is clean out their incompetent front office. :P In all seriousness, I'm interested to see what you'll do.

Or just change the game difficulty to Pro. But somewhat I am too proud to just change the difficulty and Pro seems to easy for me, while on All-Star I'm having trouble. Still - it could also be, because I don't have an All-Star on my roster.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:33 am

Try to go as long as you can without simming. You'll get better at the game and with the team.
Lamrock

BREAKING NEWS

Postby hova- on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:35 am

*sry for Tyreke shooting guard Evans typo - I don't have much time, thus the quick update*
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Kings (2-14) - +++BREAKING NEWS+++

Postby Houndy on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:13 am

DANGGG
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby dare on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 pm

What about Chase?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Cruzerr on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:16 pm

Holy....
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:41 pm

Nice. :)

Cousins + Williams (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby The X on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:14 pm

A good trade. Demon.Wii help. I don't like Reke.anyhow. would like to see.you deal Cousins away too. What's the plan with Chase? 6th man who will often play in backcourt next to Deron?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:01 am

The X wrote:A good trade. Demon.Wii help. I don't like Reke.anyhow. would like to see.you deal Cousins away too. What's the plan with Chase? 6th man who will often play in backcourt next to Deron?

If I just had more time, I'd write an essay about the deal right now, maybe I can get to it later tonight, but exams and organizing my abroad internship are killing me right now.

There is no plan to deal Cousins, this trade was kind of "the decision", not between Cleveland and Miami, but between Reke and Cousins. NBA success is almost everytime linked to a decent big man (Okay, except Mike for sure) and Cousins is playing well this season, just doesn't seem to get enough touches.

Luis Chase still has major flaws in his game. He's a good defender, athlete and can drive to the rim - BUT - his jumpshot is really really bad and he is turnover-prone. He will be the backup for Deron and with Dooling and Delonte on the two spot, he could see some playing time there as well. Chase will have to learn from Deron, and characteristically he's not somebody who will cause problems with that.

About the deal itself, since nobody thought about it being not balanced - this is the complete deal:

Nets receive: Tyreke Evans, Aaron Gray, Kings '13 1st rounder, Beno Udrih

Kings receive: Deron Williams, Johan Petro

So basically, Deron has a 90 overall, Tyreke only a 82. But Deron is really playing bad for the Nets since joining them during offseason: like 13 ppg/6.5apg and only .39% from the field. He's already 27 iirc, so Reke has more potential. Further I also take the shitty contract of Petro, who is earning 6.5M$ over the next two years, while Gray has a minimum deal which is expiring.

My '13 first rounder is hopefully not that good, dependning on wether Deron plans to stay or not or whatever happens in the future. I could not give them my '12 1st rounder, because this one may be swapped with the Hornets if it is higher than their pick (David West trade).

All in all, you can post your opinions now after reading this. I hope I can write something down from a "fictional" standpoint soon.
Last edited by hova- on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:54 am

wow....didn't anticipate this big of a move! :shock:
Great pick up in D-Will, I kinda think it's too lopsided for the Nets though, seeing what they gave up initially for him...Tyreke and a first rounder doesn't really match up to Favors, Harris, and two first round picks. Especially as you said, the future first might not be that good of a pick anyways. I think if it was both Tyreke AND Cousins alongside the first rounder it'll be a better deal for New Jersey (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:42 am

Very fair deal, as 'Reke is a lot younger and easier to hang on to. Excellent for your side as well. Hopefully Deron can maximize his teammates' production.
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:49 am

Guys, I totally forgot that I included Beno Udrih in the deal as well. He will be the Nets backup PG and has a contract with 5M$ and a player option for another year.

Valor wrote:wow....didn't anticipate this big of a move! :shock:
Great pick up in D-Will, I kinda think it's too lopsided for the Nets though, seeing what they gave up initially for him...Tyreke and a first rounder doesn't really match up to Favors, Harris, and two first round picks. Especially as you said, the future first might not be that good of a pick anyways. I think if it was both Tyreke AND Cousins alongside the first rounder it'll be a better deal for New Jersey (Y)

You may be right, but what I suggest you to consider is his really poor playing in my D since the very first beginning. I remember back when I started this one with 2k11, he exploded and was even a MVP candidate - then, he got injured and missed almost 30 games. The Jazz only finished 11th in 2011 with 39 wins.
Then, D-Will got traded to the Nets, who are currently at 5-12 iirc. D-Will was only putting up 13/6/2steals and shooting below .40%.
Further I take Petro's 2y/6.5M$ contract, which will help the Nets become players in free agency upcoming season.

Lamrock,

that's the plan. D-Will is a playmaker, his crossover is also sick and he can hit the open three, something Chase can't do (2/16 3Pt this season so far)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:02 am

hova- wrote:You may be right, but what I suggest you to consider is his really poor playing in my D since the very first beginning. I remember back when I started this one with 2k11, he exploded and was even a MVP candidate - then, he got injured and missed almost 30 games. The Jazz only finished 11th in 2011 with 39 wins.
Then, D-Will got traded to the Nets, who are currently at 5-12 iirc. D-Will was only putting up 13/6/2steals and shooting below .40%.
Further I take Petro's 2y/6.5M$ contract, which will help the Nets become players in free agency upcoming season.

True, although Petro's contract really isn't anything impactful tbh and losing a star of D-Will's magnitude (despite his ineffectiveness) will definitely hurt the Nets. It remains to be seen though how Tyreke pans out for them and how D-Will goes for you. Like any trade, the jury is still out on this :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:18 am

Wow, certainly unexpected for me. But it's a good deal, Deron will bring you a different game (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:15 am

Not the deal I envisioned. I played with the Kings in 2K11 and Evans split (to go to the Bobcats ffs), while Cousins agreed to an extension, so you may have dodged a bullet, provided you'll be able to keep Williams.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Re: BREAKING NEWS

Postby hova- on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:26 am

Deron Williams will wear the jersey number 5 which he had during his college days at Illinois.

Deron lands in Sacramento, 'Reke goes to Newark

It's official: The Sacramento Kings have acquired Deron Williams from the New Jersey Nets in exchange for Tyreke Evans, Beno Udrih, Aaron Gray and a 2013 first round draft pick. Alongside Williams, the Kings will also receive frenchman Johan Petro from the Nets.

Just two days after being listed inactive for the Kings' loss against the Timberwolves, their 14th loss of the season with only two wins on the column, Tyreke Evans suited up for his first game with the Nets as he scored 25 points in a 90-75 win against the Charlotte Bobcats.

"Things were going fast, but in the end you can't think too much about it, this is a business", Evans said after his debut as a Net. "I hope we can play successfull basketball here in New Jersey and I think my talents really fit to this team", he added. Indeed they do. The Nets, a team stacked with gifted players were looking for that one scorer who could put up points in a hurry.

Evans, last year a member of the All-NBA third team putting up more than 23 points per game, can exactly do that. "When you have a team like we do, with lots of hard workers, with height and with shooters as well as gifted players, you need someone who can create his own shot", Nets GM Billy King stated. "That's Tyreke. He's lightning quick, a great slasher and also an underrated shooter from mid-range", King explained further.

Williams, Nets never harmonated

For the 22-year old scorer, the Nets even parted ways with one-time All-Star Deron Williams, twice member of the All-NBA 2nd team and with 27 years in the prime of his career. "He's a great playmaker, but somewhat he had to be too much of a scorer for the Nets, which he obviously couldn't handle as well as he did with the Jazz", TNT-Analyst David Aldrige says. .39% from the field and only 13.9 points per game for a guy who is averaging 17.1 points per game on .46% shooting for his career just proves that.

ImageImage

For the Kings, Williams could be the best addition since signing Chris Webber, who is actually Williams' boss now in Sacramento. "We did everything to get a deal done for a proven player. Deron is that. He has proven he can play and only had a bit of a downfall because of injury problems", Webber said.

"We wanted a playmaker, someone who could help make our talented roster better", GM Chris Hova added. Deron Williams can do that. But the question for the Kings is, will he live up to his potential and his performances of the past. It's an open secret that Williams wasn't satisfied with his situation in New Jersey and that his trade from the Jazz during the offseason was a shock for him. How does he handle the next trade now?

"I can't say I am the happiest man in the world", Williams responded to the media after being asked how he felt after being dealt again. "It's never cool to be traded, but I'm getting used to it", the 6-3 point guard added keeping a straight face. It remains to be doubtful wether Williams will chum up with the Kings organisation. He couldn't with New Jersey.

Nets looking for Free Agency

With Brook Lopez, Carl Landry, Travis Outlaw, Evans and Andre Miller, the Nets' starting five does not exactly look better than before. But with Evans as the focal point of the offense, this team could definitely contend for a Playoff spot and after the season the Nets could become players on the free agent market. "It was definitely better for them to get something in return now rather then letting Williams go after the season for nothing", David Aldridge says.

The Nets also acquired the Kings 2013 1st round draft pick. If Williams won't help turning around Sacramento completely, this could be worth quite a lot. "In the end, it's just tough to grade the deal. Both parties could win in case that these players find back to their old strenght. Both parties could loose if they decide to not resign with their teams after this season", Aldridge adds. "It's like trading away one problem for the other and hoping that they somehow get solved."

In one thing the Nets are already ahead of the Kings: it seems like their new acquisition feels happy with the change of scene. Deron Williams did not talk much to the media since landing in Sacramento, he even seemed a bit crabby. Everything else remains to be seen.

Maybe this deal isn't even as big as the names involved, but at least this season got his first blockbuster and a decent story to tell.

ImageNets Rotation:

PG: Andre Miller - Jordan Farmar - Beno Udrih
    SG: Tyreke Evans - Jamal Crawford - Anthony Morrow - Juwan Hunter (R/D-League)
    SF: Travis Outlaw - Damion Jones
    PF: Carl Landry - Jamal Sampson (R)
    C: Brook Lopez - Aaron Gray -

ImageKings Rotation:

PG: Deron Williams - Luis Chase
    SG: Delonte West - Keyon Dooling - Dillon Rogers (R/D-League)
    SF: Donte Greene - Antoine Wright - Manny Harris (D-League)
    PF: David West - Jason Maxiell - Nazr Mohammed
    C: Demarcus Cousins - Joel Przbylla - Johan Petro
Last edited by hova- on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Kings (2-14) - Deron Williams to Sacramento Essay

Postby hova- on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:30 am

Thierry •, I hope so. He's sick in this game I have to admit, couldn't really live up to his expectations with the Nets though.

Martti., well, that's the question: can I retain Williams? He has a player option but I'd also try to sign him for more years - he's a franchise player type of guy.

Another piece of writing, guys. Just what I am having the most fun with right now. So enjoy reading and maybe leave a comment. ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: DC + Who's our franchise player?

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm D-Will and we fucking get this thing goin'!
December 1st, Kings Training facilities, Sacramento.

I was flitting through the office corridor – “Damn, I’m pretty late”, I was saying to myself checking my watch. Usually I don’t give that much about being on time, but hey, it was the first training session with our new players – with our new star-player: Deron Williams.

And there he was, we had already met the day before when he had arrived in Sacramento, but now it was time to introduce him to the team, show him our training facilities and also clarify that we were a professional franchise.

“Soo, here I am”, I said with a bold voice as I arrived at the training facilities.
“Hey Deron, how ya doin’”, I asked our new point guard.
“I’m fine, hey Mr. Hova”, Deron stated calmly.
He didn’t really seem impressed when we led him through our facilities. KJ was showing him around but Deron’s face never had a smile on it. KJ and I were looking at each other and I could see the disappointment in his face. It just seemed like D-Will was lacking the spirit we had initially hoped he would bring to this team.

We entered the locker, where the rest of the team was already dressing up for the training sessions.
“Guys, may I introduce to you: our latest addition to the team, Deron Williams”, I presented the former Net.
David West was the first one to shake hands. “Hey what up, man. Good to have you here. We were looking forward to you”, the veteran approached.
“Hi man, appreciated”, Williams responded in a short manner.
The others were also shaking hands before KJ led Williams to the medical staff. I stayed with the team.
“What’s wrong with him?”, David West, who had also noticed that Williams seemed somehow denying, asked quietly.
“He’s probably still tired from the flight”, I tried to play things down and added “Try to make things easy for him. I count on you.”

KJ and D-Will were just returning from the medical staff as West and I stopped talking.
“Okay, guys. Get ready for the shootaround, we start in 20 minutes”, I announced. KJ and I left the locker room and stood in front of the closed door. KJ looked on the floor, kicking around a tiny stone with his left foot.
“I don’t know, man. He’s akward”, KJ just took the words out of my mouth.
“Indeed. But he has agreed to the deal. He’s got to perform now, be a pro. Or maybe that was exactly the reason why the Nets were parting ways with him”, I shared my thoughts.
“Maybe, but ...”, KJ wanted to continue as we heard a loud voice from the locker. It seemed like Deron was talking. He hadn't talked much before, so I wasn't really sure.

“Okay guys. I tell you one thing. Utah ... was a small market team. I did not care, I had fun there. We were successfull and that’s what I want to be. Then the Nets ... were a team led by some old friggin’ businessmen looking for profit. Under Prokhorov’s thumbs we did not have one chance to be successfull, we were playing like shit. We were living in one of the ugliest cities I’ve ever been to. It was a whole bunch of shit. Bullshit”, it was definitely Deron speaking up loud.

”Now I am in Sacramento. My second trade in three months. And I can’t say that I'm happy about that or I like to be here. Because things are looking just as much like fucked up as they did in NJ. So we can either fuck up this whole thing and I swear to you that I’m going to leave just as quick and surprisingly as I was fucking brought in here. Or we can finally pick up the slack and get some Ws into this fucked up town. You hear me? Let’s get this shit goin’ or go home.”

Silence. Nobody was saying a word. “Not the best speech to get things going on a new team”, I thought. KJ was looking restless. Then we heard a knock. More and more guys were knocking and I heard Delonte West saying: ”That’s what we’re gonna do, bitch. My man D-Will’s in the house”, as guys were sharing laughter and making some sort of gorilla noise.
KJ and I were once again looking at each other – we had a smile on our faces.

December 3rd, Mavs - Kings, Arco Arena, Sacramento.

D-Will was coming around a screen from David West. Jason Terry managed to follow him around the screen and Brendan Haywood was trying to hedge D-Will.
But Deron didn’t give a thing and just threw up a shot that looked like he would have to know the bible by heart.
“YESSS, a wild shot by Deron Williams again finds nothing but Net”, Marv Albert was shouting out loud.
Williams had just made three threes in a row, giving us an eight point lead.
“And there goes Williams. Here’s the screen – Williams, Oooohh, goes fancy behind the back and lays it in”, Marv Albert seemed pretty impressed. “Is this the Deron Williams that was playing in New Jersey three days ago?”, he asked his co-commentator Steve Kerr.
“I don’t know what they did to him, Marv, that is really special”, the former Bull answered.

The game ended 102-108 as we were snapping an eight game loosing streak. Williams had 28 points, hitting 5/6 from down town and also dishing out six assists.
Williams raised his hand when he was leaving to the locker, clenching his fist. He walked right past Craig Sager who wanted to ask for an interview. You could see how Deron was pretty emotional but didn’t want to abandon any of his feelings. He disappeared in the gate to the locker. It looked like we had finally a real character on the team.

hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Kings (2-14) - I'm D-Will and we get this thing go

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:22 am

Good story. Nice to see Deron making an impact already. (Y) :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame