A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III

Postby hova- on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 pm

You finally got it done. Best Dynasty ever and I hope you just can't leave your fingers of this story. Missing the time when we all had lot of time to produce great stories - with yours being the best. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Congrats dude, finally! Well deserved. Enjoyed the Woody article too.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby dare on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:32 am

hova- wrote:You finally got it done. Best Dynasty ever and I hope you just can't leave your fingers of this story. Missing the time when we all had lot of time to produce great stories - with yours being the best. (Y)

Yup, recently we don't have great stories to follow. We need some Sit, hova, Lamrock, X stories.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Martti. on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:02 am

dare, badreligionau's pretty awesome.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby dare on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:11 am

I know, been reading his and yours too. It's fun to read a new one from the greats.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:40 pm

Sit wrote:
shadowgrin wrote:
Sit wrote:Jao Wu's career averages of 4 ppg, 1 apg over 2 seasons aren't exactly eye-catching. Next Darko? A cult figure who cannot measure up to expectations?

Fuck you Sit. Fuck you. That's both for Darko and Jao Wu.

GM Sit is going to trade Jao Wu's ass out of Seattle - just like Westbrook's.

GM Sit should be fired if he trades Jao Wu's ass out of Seattle instead of Durants' :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:06 pm

dare wrote:
hova- wrote:You finally got it done. Best Dynasty ever and I hope you just can't leave your fingers of this story. Missing the time when we all had lot of time to produce great stories - with yours being the best. (Y)

Yup, recently we don't have great stories to follow. We need some Sit, hova, Lamrock, X stories.

At the moment I haven't even really had a chance to play 2K12 yet (outside of unlocking all the legend teams that I'll now never use again) as I've been waiting for a decent set of a rosters & sliders for PS3. That finally seems to have happened but time with family growing etc means it's not really as plausible in the past.

I think it's time for us to hand over the torch to the next generation. I hope EA & 2K both bring out good games with better franchise modes so that this section continues to go from strength to strength. Either way, glad to see Kenny continue with his Live '10 Nuggets.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Life always comes first, but I'm looking forward to starting one soon (no promises) and I think hova's is going again. Now that the lockout is over and all the rookies are in the game, hopefully we'll see some 2K12 stories. Either way, I wouldn't say the section is struggling as there are still a few really good stories going right now, better than I can say for the NBA Live 08 days.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:36 pm

I'm still around.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby The X on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Lamrock wrote:Life always comes first, but I'm looking forward to starting one soon (no promises) and I think hova's is going again. Now that the lockout is over and all the rookies are in the game, hopefully we'll see some 2K12 stories. Either way, I wouldn't say the section is struggling as there are still a few really good stories going right now, better than I can say for the NBA Live 08 days.

Agreed lockout has had its effect, but also the fact that 2K12's Association logic leaves a lot to be desired makes it a lot harder (unless you're willing to run all 30 teams (N) ).

There are definitely good stories out there.

Sit wrote:I'm still around.

Not really :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Lamrock wrote:Life always comes first, but I'm looking forward to starting one soon (no promises) and I think hova's is going again. Now that the lockout is over and all the rookies are in the game, hopefully we'll see some 2K12 stories. Either way, I wouldn't say the section is struggling as there are still a few really good stories going right now, better than I can say for the NBA Live 08 days.

I'm trying my best, but I am nowhere near the quality I delivered a year ago. I just don't have the time with Uni, work etc. Then I will go abroad from Feb 20th to April 17th. After that I have to write my bachelor's thesis. There seems to be something all the time.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:29 pm

2014 OFFSEASON: STEALTH PLAYER MOVEMENT

The Defending NBA champions, Seattle Stealth, made sure that NBA MVP Kevin Durant would not be going anywhere by exercising a team option on him. The Stealth also exercised options on young players Jao Wu and Senso Rancati.

Wu (5.4 ppg, 1.1 apg, 47 FG%, 43 3PT%, 85 FT% in 7.8 mpg last season) is a third year PG and former number 1 pick of the 2012 Draft that Seattle is hoping will fill in nicely as a starter in place of 41 year old. Young SG Senso Rancati was the number 10 pick of the same draft and has only played sporadically for the team. However, Rancati is hoping that he will get a bigger role thanks to main SG back up Allen Iverson getting up there in age.

PF David Lee (10 years pro) also agreed to a new 6 year, 130 million dollar deal with the ball club. Lee was injured for the NBA Finals but held true to his promise to try and get a deal done with Seattle. GM Will Sit was pleased with Lee agreeing to new terms with the team, “I hope that David retires with the ball club.” The 31 year old Lee averaged of 8.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.6 bpg, 51.5 FG% last season and has missed just 1 game in the last 4 seasons with Seattle.

29 year old All-Star C Andrew Bogut (10 years pro) knocked back an offer to re-sign with the Stealth and instead opted to test free agency. Bogut averaged 14.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 5.6 apg, 1.0 spg, 2.1 bpg, 52.5 FG% in what was the best All-Around seasons for an NBA player at his position.

The Stealth failed to re-sign forwards Mingyu Li (5.6 ppg, 8.2 mpg, 51 FG%, 47 3PT%, 85 FT%) and Adam Morrison (8.6 ppg, 18.8 mpg, 48 FG%, 46 3PT%).

2014 FREE AGENCY: AL JEFFERSON DECLINES TO STAY WITH KINGS

29 year old C Al Jefferson has hit out at All-Star teammate Moses Chara in a parting shot that indicates the end of his short-lived Sacramento Kings career. Jefferson was the prize acquisition for the Kings 1.5 seasons ago and helped guide the Kings to the 2013 NBA Finals in which they were runner-ups in.

“He’s overrated,” Jefferson spoke of his teammate, “He’s spoilt and when he’s not playing well, he blames his teammates. I’m sick of his bullshit.” Jefferson averaged 16.4 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.9 bpg and would provide any team with a strong inside presence on both ends of the floor. Jefferson should garner plenty of interest as will Wizards C Lamarcus Aldridge (15.6 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.0 bpg) and Pistons PF Charlie Villanueva (15.7 ppg, 5.8 rpg) – both testing free agency too.

Other players of note testing free agency are monster rebounder Leo Chase (Indiana), veteran Lamar Odom (Dallas), Carlos Boozer and Kenneth Dela Cruz (both Portland).

2014 NBA DRAFT

1. New York Knicks select B Burgess, 6’6” 21 year old SF out of Alabama – NBA comparison: C Butler

2. Orlando Magic select B Jennings, 6’1” 24 year old PG out of Italy – NBA comparison: M Williams

3. Phoenix Suns select N Simpson, 6’7” 22 year old SG out of Colorado State – NBA comparison: T Macgrady

4. LA Clippers select D Barlow, 6’7” 24 year old SG out of Kansas State – NBA comparison: J Richardson

5. Memphis Grizzlies select C Simpson, 6’9” 20 year old C out of Alabama – NBA comparison: R Wallace

2014 NBA DRAFT: STEALTH TAKE CHANCE ON O’GREENE

Shad O’Greene did enough in pre-draft workouts to convince the Seattle Stealth that he is worth a first round pick. O’Greene was projected to go mid-first round but dropped to the bottom of the first round because of character issues. However, due to the weak depth of the 2014 NBA Draft, O’Greene was picked up by the defending NBA champions with the 30th overall draft pick.

O’Greene is a 6’6” 240 pound PF. The 22 year old is a physical player who looks like he will be doing most of his work on the defensive end. O’Greene is not a polished NBA prospect on the offensive end but should be a handful on the glass. He is compared by many to another undersized forward, Reggie Evans.

The New York Knicks selected PG Axel Gomez with the 31st pick and the Chicago Bulls added PF Carl Cruz with the 51st pick.

COMING UP: 2014 Free Agency. Get ready for the next installment of A Legend Is Born III
Fresh8

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - 2014.... HERE WE GO!

Postby The X on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Shad can grab some nuts with Reggie.

Anyways, good to see this still going. I thought you said you were going to retire it, obviously not :cool: I come here whenever I need my fantasy Bogut fix.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:47 pm

The X wrote:Shad can grab some nuts with Reggie.

Anyways, good to see this still going. I thought you said you were going to retire it, obviously not :cool: I come here whenever I need my fantasy Bogut fix.

I guess Bogie going down got me upset and motivated for virtual Bogie to cheer me up.

I did a search for comparable seasons to Bogie and I got Bill Russell but he only shot in the 40%s... 66-67 season.

Bogie defintiely had best all around season ever for a centre.
Fresh8

Postby newc on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:35 am

wow, David Lee got paid! although I don't think that's a good deal for Stealth, they're giving away 130 mil to a player, who is already 31 and averaged only 9 and 7 last year..
newc

Postby Lamrock on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:37 am

2014! Are you sure that isn't 6 years, $30M for David Lee? I certainly hope so... Hopefully you can at least find a way to retain Bogut though.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:58 am

Sit wrote:

I guess Bogie going down got me upset and motivated for virtual Bogie to cheer me up.

I did a search for comparable seasons to Bogie and I got Bill Russell but he only shot in the 40%s... 66-67 season.

I didn't realise they tracked blocks & steals back in '67, because otherwise Russell trumps again. How did Bogie compare to '77 Walton?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:39 am

GM Sit may be an egomaniacal asshole but he knows talent when he sees it.

Can't wait for Mr. O'Greene to have his first game against Mr. Watson's team and O'Greene grabbing Watson's loose ball.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:06 am

I'm gonna pretend it's 6 years, 30m for David :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Desire (2017), Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:05 pm

newc wrote:wow, David Lee got paid! although I don't think that's a good deal for Stealth, they're giving away 130 mil to a player, who is already 31 and averaged only 9 and 7 last year..

It's more than the numbers. It's his presence on the court and off the court. He is a leader and on another team, he would be an All-Star.

Lamrock wrote:2014! Are you sure that isn't 6 years, $30M for David Lee? I certainly hope so... Hopefully you can at least find a way to retain Bogut though.

6 years, 130 million. We're way over the cap so if I let him walk, we weren't going to get anyone to replace him especially with Mingyu Li quitting on us!

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:

I didn't realise they tracked blocks & steals back in '67, because otherwise Russell trumps again. How did Bogie compare to '77 Walton?

They didn't track them. Russell had 13.3 ppg / 21 rpg / 5.8 apg / 45 FG% in 66-67

But great job with Walton... 77 Walton: 18.9 ppg / 13.2 rpg / 5.0 apg / 1.0 spg / 2.5 bpg / 52 FG%

Very comparable to Bogie last season: 14.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 5.6 apg, 1.0 spg, 2.1 bpg, 52.5 FG%

That Blazers team finished first in their division and I believe Walton would have been their number 1 option. Bogie is our number 3 option and we won a championship. Not to mention Walton only played 58 games that season while Bogie played all 82 I believe last season.

Who is better?

EDIT: NO, IGNORE WHAT I SAID.... I have done a proper non-half assed search and come up with following:

David Robinson 1993-94 - 29.8 ppg 10.7 rpg 4.8 apg, 1.7 spg, 3.3 bpg 50.7 FG%
Kareem 1978-79 - 23.8 ppg 12.8 rpg 5.4 apg 1.0 spg 4.0 bpg 57.7 FG% (+ 2 other seasons with over 5apg and better all around numbers)
Wilt - twice with 5+ apg and crazy rebounding/points averages

Bogie had a great season though :)

shadowgrin wrote:GM Sit may be an egomaniacal asshole but he knows talent when he sees it.

Can't wait for Mr. O'Greene to have his first game against Mr. Watson's team and O'Greene grabbing Watson's loose ball.

I will need to showcase that game. Stealth v Mavs :)

Thierry • wrote:I'm gonna pretend it's 6 years, 30m for David :lol:

No... it's 130 :)
Fresh8

Postby The X on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Russell was way passed his prime and nearing retirement by 67.

Walton was superb do everything centre when healthy. I think Bogie's season compares closest to Walton's as far as being a facilitator, emotional leader, rebounder and defender. Obviously Walton ranks higher but the comparison is the closest I can think of. You should watch some highlights of Walton and Rip City. I'm sure Lamrock can lead you in right direction.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:44 pm

The X wrote:Russell was way passed his prime and nearing retirement by 67.

Walton was superb do everything centre when healthy. I think Bogie's season compares closest to Walton's as far as being a facilitator, emotional leader, rebounder and defender. Obviously Walton ranks higher but the comparison is the closest I can think of. You should watch some highlights of Walton and Rip City. I'm sure Lamrock can lead you in right direction.

Well I think that you are right about the Walton comparison actually. Do you think virtual Bogie's career is shaping into a HOF worthy one?
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:45 pm

2014 FREE AGENCY

Bogut Stays In Seattle

The Seattle Stealth offered Andrew Bogut more money and more years than any other team in the league. It was a no-brainer for the Australian and the 29 year old signed midway through the first month of free agency. “I’m ready to defend our title,” Bogut said, “We have myself, Kevin, David and Tyson on this ball team. We’re an All-Star team with or without Jason (Kidd).”

Bobcats Lure Al Jefferson

The Charlotte Bobcats made one of their biggest signings in franchise history as they added All-Star big man Al Jefferson to the fold. Devin Harris resigned with the club when it was confirmed that Jefferson would be on the roster. Jefferson made headlines when he called out Sacramento Kings superstar Moses Chara. Jefferson upon signing with the Bobcats stated, “I am happy to have my own team.”

Chris Hova Joins Countryman In Sign And Trade

German international Chris Hova (27 years old, fifth year pro) asked the Toronto Raptors to trade him and the franchise all but obliged after four tough seasons with the young point guard not panning out as planned. Although Hova show much improvement last season by pushing his numbers up to 11.2 ppg, 7 apg – the Raptors did not think he was their leader for the future.

With that, Hova was traded to the Dallas Mavericks where he will join Dirk Nowitzki. The Mavs sent Jerryd Bayless (15.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 4.2 apg last season) to the Raptors. Hova will hopefully be a better option to start at PG for the Mavs as Bayless struggled in a starting role with Dallas.

The Raptors will likely have Bayless play the role of sixth man, which he is happy about as he has spent many years as one of the best sixth men in the league. The Raptors picked up Manfred Nissley from Minnesota. Toronto is excited to start Nissley next season.

The move also means that Andrew Watson can move back to the SG position. Watson and Ben Gordon will fight over the summer for the starting SG spot. Lamar Odom also signed a new contract with the Mavs.

Orlando Continues Rebuilding Mission

After drafting heralded prospect Brandon Jennings, a former High School All-American who has been playing in Italy, the Magic signed rebounding machine Leo Chase to join a frontcourt of Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor and Gerald Wallace. Chase has been enigmatic throughout the first few years of his career but many expect a breakout season from him this season. Chase was excited about joining forces with Howard and Okafor, “This is one of the best rebounding teams. I hope that I can come and help these guys do the dirty work and play great on defense.”

Sixers Lose Andre Iguodala

In a shocking turn of events, the Philadelphia 76ers lost swingman and face of the franchise Andre Iguodala to the Detroit Pistons. Iggy has been the MVP of the team for years and for a team that has looked quite competent to compete with the best of the Eastern Conference. Unfortunately, the Sixers have always been unlucky during the regular season as well as the postseason whenever they have made it that far. Iggy is now looking forward to playing for a franchise that prides itself on defence and hoping to give them the All-Star that they have been lacking for many years now.

Morrison Joins Rival Kings

Journeyman forward Adam Morrison was lured to join Moses Chara and the Sacramento Kings. The move is interesting considering that Morrison had just helped the Kings’ rival Seattle win an NBA championship. The reserve player for the Stealth was an important scorer from off of the bench. His shooting helped spread the court for his teammates and with the departure of Al Jefferson, the Kings need all the help that they can get. It is understood that the Kings had sought Chara’s approval before signing his new teammate.

Golden State Adds The Missing Piece

The Golden State Warriors’ run and gun style has always been tough to stop but never tough enough to help them to an NBA Finals berth. Monta Ellis and Louis Nixon are finally going to get some All-Star quality help in the post with the arrival of Lamarcus Aldridge. The former Washington Wizards forward agreed to terms with the Warriors and fans are now excited to see him in their team’s uniform.

Fans aren’t the only ones excited with Nixon voicing his approval of the signing, “I think Lamarcus puts us over the hump. We’ve never been taken seriously in the Western Conference, which is understandable because of the makeup of our team with no real post threat. But Lamarcus is what we need to take the next step and be a contender.”

Aldridge is adept at running and finishing in the open court and will be an entertaining proposition for the team.

COMING UP: 2014-15 NBA Season. Get ready for the next installment of A Legend Is Born III
Fresh8

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - 2014.... FREE AGENCY!!!

Postby The X on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Nice, we needed Hov. I predict he'll be Mavs' best player.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - 2014.... FREE AGENCY!!!

Postby Justine. on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Congratulations on winning the title. (Y)
Justine.
Novakaine!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame