[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker 0.7.2 (w/ REAL NBA STATS!

Postby karlsanada10 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:26 pm

I would like to donate some but I can't. No paypal, no bank account.-.-
karlsanada10

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker 0.7.2 (w/ REAL NBA STATS!

Postby Leftos on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:01 pm

It's okay, I appreciate the intention man. If you want a version of the tool that works for your Association, you just have to follow the steps I describe in the 4th question of this post:
viewtopic.php?p=1467471#p1467471
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker 0.7.2.3 (w/ REAL NBA STAT

Postby Leftos on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:40 pm

v0.7.2.3 released!
- Now uses 3 parallel download threads to get the real NBA stats, which should decrease the time it takes to grab them by 2 times on fast enough connections.
- Get Real NBA Stats automatically saves them to a Team Stats file with the date in the filename, so that you can easily keep a history of NBA Stats over time.
- New Start Menu shortcut, "Get Real NBA Stats", which only loads the tool to download and save today's Real NBA Stats and then closes it.
- Get Real NBA Stats now notifies you if you already have today's stats downloaded.
- Compare to Real Team now re-downloads real team stats only if the ones currently saved are more than a day old. You can force it to re-download by using the File > Get Real NBA Stats option.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:59 am

Hey man...

This tool only work with first association season?

This bug broken 2k12 for me... =(
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:05 am

For now. Yes. Will you be finishing your first season before late February? Because there's a release coming then that will support all years. And many more surprises. Until then Season 1 only.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:37 am

Leftos,

I think your tool not work in my association...i have 4 games... open your tool, and load my association file ....but Heat stats not showing the same stats from NBA 2k12.

My Heat is 2-2 but your tool show 1-2.

=(

Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:42 am

It's to be expected. Read the first post and this one. Then, you can either donate the $2 and get me working on a tool that works for you, or follow the instructions in the second link's tutorial (4th question) to give me everything I need to make a tool that works for you for free.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker 0.7.2.4 (w/ REAL NBA STAT

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 am

v0.7.2.4 released
Fixes a bug that would cause the tool to show 0.0 in all averages when using Real NBA Stats.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:49 am

Hey Leftos,

Look my list of teams here:

IN MY ASSOCIATION/YOUR TOOLS:
Grizzlies/Heat
Knicks/Pistons
Heat/Pacers
Warriors/Grizzlies
Pacers/Bucks
Clippers/Knicks
Bucks/Clippers
Pistons/Spurs
Spurs/Warriors

Ex: In my association Miami Heat it´s a 11th place in pts, with your tools, Pacers are the 11th place in pts.

Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:55 am

Load your save, click on Erase Settings. Load it again, choose Mode 3 when asked.

Your save should be now compatible.

However, it's not recommended to first use NBA Stats Tracker on an Association that's already begun. It's a whole mess trying to fix your team's stats after 4 games, and also for the other 4 teams that you've been against.

I suggest you start a new Association, see if Mode 3 still works, and follow the "How To Use" tutorial in the first post, for each game.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:18 am

Yeah, now works perfectly!

I will try starts new association....look, other thing....

To work in other seasons, it´s just try it all "modes" to work the perfect combination for the teams?

Thks man! =)

Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 am

If you mean in another Association, but still Year 1? Yes, try all modes, maybe you'll find one that's perfect. If you get a save that doesn't work with any mod, make the differences list again, send it to me, and I'll create a new mode for you.

Years 2 and later don't work right now. They will in the big March release, so please be patient. I doubt you'll be able to play 82 games until late February anyway. :P

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:35 am

lol, thks man....you right, i will not play 82 games in a month...

Would be great if you work on tool for update stats in association in course...

Last thing: all the time your tool show the message for possible errors....you test in all season? Exists risk to your tool broken association file?

Thks again man! =)

Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:42 am

Reading the box scores from the Association save is not in the plans for the first March release, but many other features are, features you wouldn't even imagine. And that's a promise!

I may add such a feature later on if the master decoder that goes by the name Vlad Zola Jr. gets around to decoding them. Still, even that is improbable, due to other game bugs, like Box Scores disappearing for no reason whatsoever (after 6 games in my current Association, suddenly all box scores up to the current day disappeared).

If the game patch comes mid-February and includes a fix for the Team Stats bug, we may not need to keep fixing the Team Stats at all, and NBA Stats Tracker will become a pure stats tracker and analyzer, and a very good one at that.

Our first priorities involve making the tool compatible with any save and all years, and some other features that I'm not at liberty to discuss right now.

Thanks for your suggestion though. Make sure to try out the other features mentioned in the "Additional Features" section in the first post, as well.

EDIT: As for your last question, I don't get what you mean by that. If the tool is warning you that the Team Stats aren't compatible with the save, that means that you're not using the tool correctly.

The way it's supposed to be done is exactly the way the first post says in the "How To Use" section.
1. You select Play Game, and after the "Saving Association" prompt disappears, you Alt-Tab into the tool, load your save, click on Save Team Stats.
2. Then right after the game ends and you exit to the Association Menu, after the "Saving Association" prompt disappears, you alt-tab into the tool, click on Load & Update Stats, you select the Team Stats file you saved before the game, enter the box score, and select your save.
3. Then, in NBA 2K12, you quit out of your Association immediatelly, and reload it.

EDIT 2: Even more detailed tutorial in this post.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:56 am

Hey man...

About box score dissapears, one question:

You save the game with SAVE AND QUIT option? (mid of the game to play again later).

Because if you save the game with this option to play later, all box score is gone! I make some tests, all the time, if you save mid game, box score is gone!

Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:59 am

-sigh- Didn't know that. Thanks. I'll try not to save inside a game anymore, although it's hard sometimes.

Still, another bug to be fixed.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:05 am

Yeah...another bug to the biiiiig list...

2k sports kidding with us...

Great game, but this big bugs broken the love for the game... =(

Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:07 am

True that.

Still, I'm glad to have worked on NBA Stats Tracker, because it's become so much more than just a workaround for the Team Stats bug. And before next Fall, it'll be a full-blown Stats Tracker & Analyzer for the NBA 2K series, the real NBA league, and any league you want.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker 0.8 Preview w/ Trends!

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 am

Work has begun on Trends!
The codebase is set, and I'm slowly writing and building the texts you'll see.

For those that don't know what Trends are (or will be), Trends will be the feature which will allow you to compare Team Stats from two different points in time and see the trends that are forming in statistics, for example, what teams are getting better on offense, and which teams have lost the way to the hoop. And that's just an example!

Here is the screenshot after the first successful test of the feature. It's in really primitive stage, just comparing PPG between files, but I hope to build an insightful system that will combine averages into Offense, Defense, Hustle, etc, and give you the deepest stat comparison you can get from any tool that's been built up to today, in natural language too!

Don't forget that the Trends feature isn't just for NBA 2K12 saves. Just like all the other features, it can be easily used with the real NBA Team Stats (which the tool downloads for you since version 0.7), or any custom league you create!
Last edited by Leftos on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker 0.7.3 (w/ Trends Preview)

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:43 am

v0.7.3 released!
Introducing the Trends feature, this version will allow you to get a small preview of what you can expect in the near future as far as stat analysis goes. Full reports on the developing stats in any league between two different saved team stats points. See which teams are getting hot, and which are not.

Also I've tried to unclutter the interface a bit, moved some buttons to menus and added keyboard shortcut to some actions.

EDIT: Installer fixed, tool shouldn't crash on Trends screen anymore.

Screenshots
A small taste of the new Trends feature.

The new uncluttered interface.

I need your feedback!
What kind of averages should this feature watch for? Teams that have won/lost the most games over the period? Teams that have improved their Win% the most? A combination of hustle stats (REB, BLK, STL)?
What kind of stats do you think should mark a team as trending?
When reporting on a team's offense, what stats and averages would you like to see? What about defense?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:51 pm

Man I can't wait for the trends feature. I also have a question for you. Is it possible to be able to copy and paste the text of the scouting report or trends, Or maybe export. I am planning on using these in my association blog.
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Yeah, sure. I've been thinking of putting a button that will allow you to copy the text to the clipboard so that you can manipulate it and post it anywhere.

That's an easy one to do, so I'll add it first in the next few days, and then I will work on the Trends feature more.

It might take a while to finish the Trends feature. There are all too many scenarios to add on how to judge whether a team is getting hot and what stats to provide; and even then, I have to write all the code, and the most difficult of all, all the texts that give you the data in natural language form.

Glad you like NBA Stats Tracker. This project is something really big for me; it's the project I'll propose my undergraduate thesis to be about, combining it with new technologies such as web services and mobile development. Imagine being a real coach and being able to check the opposing team's stats at any time on your phone, or even better, get a scouting report on a specific player and find out his weaknesses and strengths.

Oh, and yeah, if the above paragraph didn't make it clear enough, it's in my plans to add player stats too, for both NBA 2K12, and custom leagues. ;) Just something to whet your appetite. But don't expect it to come soon. I just wanted to tell you it's in my plans.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:17 pm

That sounds great. I figured you were still working on trends because every time I run it all I see is the trend for the Denver Nuggets. I am sure you must have explained that already and I missed it while reading all the post.

Thanks again...
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:50 am

Yeah, right now it only shows two trends, the team that has improved the most in PPG, and the one that has lost the most of its scoring. It's only a preview, I have to write much more code to complete it. Find what should make a team trend, what kind of stats each trend requires, etc.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker 0.7.3.2 (w/ Trends Previe

Postby Leftos on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

v0.7.3.2 released.
When you made a mistake entering the Box Score (such as putting more FGM than FGA), the tool would previously, erroneously, close the Box Score window, instead of letting you correct the Box Score and resubmit it. Now it doesn't close it, unless you press Cancel.

=======

v0.7.3.3 released.
Fixes various minor bugs and crash scenarios related to the real NBA stats features.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding