[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Correct Team Stats v0.5 (w/ SCOUTING REPORTS + CS

Postby zizoux on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:54 am

Great work. Is there any way for us to inject the real box scores and stats? That would be awesome.
zizoux

Re: [Tool] Correct Team Stats v0.5 (w/ SCOUTING REPORTS + CS

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 am

I was thinking about that. Isolating the Team Stats and being able to use them and edit them separately of NBA 2K12 save files (for use in the real league or custom leagues with your friends played in Exhibition mode or just personal experimentation) is something that I should be able to do easily.

It's funny. What began as a work-around for the NBA 2K12 Team Stats bug, will now grow to be a general Team Stats analyzer, that will help you keep track of, say, your city's league, your college's league, your friends' league, by inserting the teams that you want to keep stats of, and then adding Box Scores one by one, letting the program accumulate the stats and give you averages, rankings and scouting reports.

Now THAT'S effin' exciting. I'll keep you posted the following days. You guys are going to ruin my exams period. :P
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Correct Team Stats v0.6 (Scouting-CSV-CustomLeagu

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm

v0.6 released!
Although not in the stable channel, as it's 4am here and I haven't had that much time to test it, v0.6 now adds "Custom Leagues" functionality, which allows you to use the tool's features for custom leagues (such as a local league, a league between friends, a college league, or just keeping track of the real NBA league), including updating by Box Score, exporting to CSV, getting averages and rankings, etc.

When you create a custom league or open a Team Stats file directly (rather than an NBA 2K12 save file), the tool goes into full custom mode, where all the stats are directly editable. This way you can easily bring your League Stats up to speed with the real league, without having to enter every box score and updating that way.

The changes you make can be injected back into an NBA 2K12 save file, although that's HIGHLY experimental and is not recommended. I still recommend the "How To Use" walkthrough if you just want to have the correct stats. This "injection" feature is only there for people in the middle of their Association that don't want to restart it, and just want to fix the Team Stats and move on.

So the way you can "fix" the Team Stats in an Association that has corrupted stats:
1. Open your NBA 2K12 save file.
2. Click on "Save Team Stats".
3. Go to File > Load Custom League...
4. Select the Team Stats file you saved in Step 2.
5. Fix each team you want to fix, clicking on Save Team before going to the next one.
6. (Optional) Click on Save To Disk to keep the fixed Team Stats file saved for later.
7. Click on Inject into NBA 2K12 Save File and select the Save file you used in Step 1.

I can't say this enough, many of these features are still experimental, so always keep a backup of your save in case something goes wrong.

I hope you'll appreciate the new version.

NOTE: I've also tried making all the tool's features compatible with Career files that are into the Playoffs.

Screenshots
The main screen after having loaded a custom league.

A League CSV export from the tool, while editing the custom league I created. Don't worry about the crazy stats, I was just entering them randomly to see if the feature works.

Personal note: I never expected that this workaround of a bug would grow into a generic Team/League stats tool. I'm really thankful for the people that come up with more and more ideas I can implement, and this has grown way beyond the scope of NBA 2K12. It's still a big priority to get it to be compatible with seasons after year 1, as that's the most important thing, but that may take me up to late February, when I'll have help from Vlad Zola Jr. Until then, I'll try to make this as robust a tool as possible.

zizoux, if you go through the trouble of getting the real NBA current stats into the tool, could you get a few screenshots of some scouting reports and post them here? I'm really curious to see how that turns out, and what the tool has to say for some of the real teams right now.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Dude your kidding me right. You just did it so fast. This is awesome. Anytime you need some sort of GFX. Let me know. :bowdown:

THANKS !!!

Question, are box scores to .csv on your todo? Also, we need you to fix the U.S. Debt... :D
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Fixing the U.S. debt is now on my ToDo list. Just give me a few hours to...

Ooooooh. I see what you did there. :P

Seriously though, getting Box Scores to CSV is the next step, as long as you mean the Box Scores you enter in the tool's window for that; I have no idea on how to export Box Scores from the Save Games right now, and it's another thing to look for with Vlad when the time comes. But for the tool's box scores window? It'll be out today most probably.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Correct Team Stats v0.6.1.1 (Scout-CSV-CustomLeag

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:09 pm

v0.6.1.1 relased!
Now able to export Box Scores to CSV as well; you'll have to enter them yourselves though, the tool can't extract box scores from save files yet.

Screenshots
Box Score CSV exported by the tool and imported into Excel.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Onisak on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:47 am

You have got alot of programing talent! Your tools are amazing work! Thank you! (Y) (Y)
Onisak

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:13 am

Great work on the Boxscore CSV. I can't wait till it is automatic like the other stats
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:55 am

v0.6.1.2 released in experimental channel.
Fixes minor bugs and regressions, such as the Box Scores window closing when a stat was inputted wrong instead of returning the user to the window to correct it; also fixes the check for compatible TST and Career files when updating using Box Scores, which would previously always report a problem.

=======================

v0.6.1.3 released in experimental channel.
Improvements on Scouting Report algorithm, added more checks, lines and detail, and tried to fix some scenarios where different lines of the report of the same team would contradict each other. I'll try to constantly add more stuff as I think of it.

If you have any recommendations or ideas on how to improve the Scouting Reports, please tell me.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Correct Team Stats v0.6.1.3 (Scout-CSV-CustomLeag

Postby BrotherJRB on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Leftos you are the man! Donation coming your way this weekend.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:58 pm

jrlocke wrote:Leftos you are the man! Donation coming your way this weekend.

Great to hear! Thank you, my friend, for your constant programmers support! (Y)
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:26 pm

jrlocke wrote:Leftos you are the man! Donation coming your way this weekend.

Thanks man both for the support and your ideas on new features. It means a lot, really.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby sasha104 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Am I the stupid one? :eh:
I just can't run it^ the window always appears with some bullshit 'bout missing MSVCR100_CLR0400.DLL.
I updated evrth, downloaded file separately and pu it to WINDOWS/System32 (in this case nothing happens, no windows, no tool running), but i can't make it run... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sooooo, can u help me?
Check out my dornas for NBA 2K13
sasha104

Postby Leftos on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Try downloading and installing .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby sasha104 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:24 pm

finally it works :bowdown:
now tryin' to fix MP (Y)
Check out my dornas for NBA 2K13
sasha104

Postby Leftos on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 pm

The installer should have automatically detected the lack of .NET Framework 4 on your system, did you use the installer package and still got that error before you installed the framework manually?

Hope you'll enjoy using the tool.

Oh, and by the way, I hope it works on My Player for you, but make sure you keep backups, because I haven't tested the tool for full compatibility. I was more bent on getting Association fully working first (season + playoffs), and adding new features, that I forgot to check My Player.

If you do get around to using the tool on your My Player, tell me how it goes.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Correct Team Stats v0.6.1.4 (Scout-CSV-CustomLeag

Postby Leftos on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:23 pm

v0.6.1.4 released into stable channel!

I've been using v0.6.x during my Association a lot to know that its main features work, that is, updating via Box Scores and editing the whole Team Stats table and injecting it back, so I'm moving it to the stable channel so users can upgrade. That doesn't mean that everything is working correctly yet, there are known issues, but those are documented, and everything else seems to work fine.

This small hotfix over v0.6.1.3 fixes a bug in the tool; it wouldn't update the averages after an update using a box score, and you had to reload the save for the Averages and Scouting Reports to work properly. Now averages in the tool should be updated as soon as you get the confirmation that your save's team stats have been updated.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Onisak on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Hey Leftos one question, after the game in association ends, do you quit the game and then click load and update stats or do you do it in postgame menu?
Onisak

Postby Leftos on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 pm

No, no, no. Don't use the post-game team stats, as the Association file won't have saved yet, and if you try to "Load & Update" before the Association saves after the game, you'll get a warning that the Team Stats you saved are incompatible with the save.

So, I do it this way:
1. From the Association Calendar...
1.1 Simulate Through Date
1.2 Play Game
2. After the "Saving Association" prompt disappears...
2.1 Alt-Tab into the tool (or just start it)
2.2 Click on Select
2.3 Pick your Association save
2.4 Make sure the team stats have loaded correctly
2.5 Click on Save Team Stats
2.6 Pick a name, such as "Association, before Game 6"
2.7 (Optional) Close the tool, you won't needed until after the game
3. Alt-tab into the game, start the game, play it, watch it, simulate it, whatever.
4. After the game ends and you're in the post-game menu, check the highlights or whatever you want, and select Quit Game.
5. As soon as the "Saving Association" prompt disappears (this is important, do NOT do anything that would make the game simulate other games, such as simulating to the next day)...
5.1 Go on the Calendar
5.2 Select the game you just played, click on View Box Score
5.3 Note down each team's stats in the order they appear (they should be in the last row of the box scores)
5.4 Alt-tab into the tool (or just start it)
5.5 Click on "Load & Update"
5.6 Select the team stats file you saved in step 2.6
5.7 Enter the box score for both teams
5.8 Click on OK
5.9 Select your Association file
5.10 Check that you get the confirmation message
5.11 Alt-tab into the game
5.12 Quit out of your association
5.13 Load it again
6. You're done!
6.1 (Optional) Go into the NBA.com > Statistics > Team Stats screen to verify.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Onisak on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Thank you so much for the detailed explenation!! (Y) (Y)
Onisak

Postby Onisak on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:24 am

I did all just the way you wrote it and I still get the message that the save file is not compatible with the previous save... Don't know what could be the problem...
Onisak

Postby Leftos on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:27 am

Are you using v0.6.1.4? An older one gave the message even with compatible saves.

The way this message works is like this:
The tool adds the result of the game you played to the stats in the Team Stats file you saved. If the wins and losses of both teams aren't the same in both the updated Team Stats in the tool and the savegame you give it to update, it shows this message.

For example, let's say I'm the Pistons, and I'm playing the Pacers.
Before the game, my record is 12-15, and theirs is 16-11. After the game, say the Pacers won, so the Association file after it gets saved should have the Pistons as 12-16, and Pacers as 17-11. The Team Stats file I saved before the game has the old records, 12-15 and 16-11, but after I load it and update it with the box score, it goes to 12-16 and 17-11 as well. So now it compares the new records with the ones on the Association file, and if they're the same, it means the updated team stats and your association file are compatible, and doesn't give you that warning.

Some things to check:
- Do you have autosave on, so that the game saves your Association automatically before and after the game? The tutorial I gave you assumes Autosave is on. Otherwise, you have to manually save right before the game, and right after it.
- Did you load your Association onto the tool (right after it saves after you select Play Game) and saved its team stats before the game?
- Did you save your Association after the game, so that the new Association save has the new win/loss totals, and the tool knows the save is compatible?
- Did you, by mistake, simulate any other games after the game ended, and overwrote your Association after doing that?

It's imperative that you have a Team Stats file saved from inside the tool right before the game starts, and an Association file saved from inside the game right after the game ends. Those are the required stuff. But that also requires that your Association is saved right before the game (so that you can extract the "before" team stats), and also saved right after (so that the tool can check the wins/losses are compatible).

You can always check if the Team Stats were saved correctly by using the File > Open Custom League... option, and selecting the Team Stats file you saved. And you can always check if your Association file was saved correctly by loading it into the tool using the "Select" button in the main window.

After you do that, you can check that the only difference in wins and losses between the Team Stats file and the Association saved after the game is the one win and loss that occured after the game you played. That would mean the two files are compatible, and that you can update your save using the team stats you saved and the box score.

EDIT: I could help tell you what's going wrong if you zipped the Team Stats file from before the game and your Association save from after the game, uploaded the zip somewhere like Mediafire, and gave me the link. I'll do the checks I told you myself, but the info I gave you should be more than enough to help you.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Onisak on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:35 am

I cant thank you enough for the help... I will try to reinstall the program and give it one mroe try... I am shure I did all the things right and that I have autosave on... Gonna report back later...
Onisak

Postby Onisak on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:50 am

Could it be, that i never deleted the old nba team stats folder in my documents, that stays behind eaven after unninstall and new install of this tool? I only noticed this, maybe I had the old version?
Onisak

Postby Leftos on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:02 am

No, the folder staying there shouldn't affect the tool at all. If you save a new team stats file or overwrite an old one, the rest of the files in that folder don't affect the tool.

If after downloading the latest version you still have issues, send me your Team Stats and Association file, I'll check them and tell you what you didn't do right.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding