The Milestone Thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: The Milestone Thread

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Seems I just ticked over to 69,000 posts. Probably won't hit 70,000 by the end of the year but it'll probably come around in the not too distant future.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby rise on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:31 pm

lol 69. :lol:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Yes, I'll skip an image for this milestone.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Martti. on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:50 am

z02 wrote:lol 69. :lol:

Grow up.

Congrats Andrew!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:52 pm

2000 posts.
Doesn't sound like much does it? But let's look a little more deeply...
I've been a member of this forum for 9 years, 1 month and 14 days. During that time, my posting rate, while low compared to most of the regulars, and most of the "irregulars", has remained incredibly consistent. I do come here basically every day, look at every topic of NBA talk and General talk. When I'm inspired to post, I post. When I'm not, I don't.

This forum has meant more to me than I've perhaps realised. Especially over the last couple of years. During my 9 years here, just about everything in my life has changed. Judging by my November joining date, at the time I would have just completed my Year 12 exams, and was facing a lifetime of uncertainty, especially considering the career path that I was about to enter into. The next three years (scratch that, three weeks) saw me move out of home and begin my first university degree (Bachelor of Arts - Theatre Performance), possibly a surprising choice to some of you. Those three years were unquestionably the best of my life: met some great people, had some great times. But it all came crashing to a heap once the reality of my situation set in. The Performing Arts industries in Australia are almost impossible nuts to crack. Work opportunities are so, so thin on the ground here. Especially since the huge insurgence of reality TV. Most of the jobs that we get, the payment barely covers the petrol money that it takes to get you to and from rehearsals. You move from tiny little theatre to tiny little theatre, and all you can do is hope that someone sees you, that someone cares enough about what you can do.

I spent 5 long years doing this. And didn't really get anywhere.

So this year, I decided to put everything on pause for a while, and did a secondary teaching degree. It was something that had been suggested to me, but I always resisted the idea, because I didn't think that I had the temperament for it. But to my great surprise (and relief), I enjoyed myself. So now I've finished, and begun looking for that full-time job that's always proven so elusive.

It's still elusive. Humbug.

What does any of this have to do with the NBA Live Series Centre (Center/Whatever)? I guess, the one thing that has remained consistent for me is my love of basketball. I have had an almost complete changeover in my circle of friends since 2002. I've had beards, no beards, half a dozen different hairstyles (I've now settled on good old "receding"). My family has become smaller, and grown larger, yet I still have the same passion for that orange sphere. I still love the Chicago Bulls, whether they're drafting Jay Williams or Derrick Rose, signing Ron Mercer or Ronnie Brewer, winning 16 games or winning 62.

This place provides the best outlet for that love.

So I just want to thank all of the admins, team members and moderators.

The Bulls' fans, especially my contemporaries in the Bulls' thread where I do most of my damage (airgordon, George7, Valor and Andrew. apologies for those I've missed)

Ty-Land, who is pretty much the only poster who has ever given me a shout-out, so this is me returning the favour, wherever he is.

Finally, additional thankyou to Andrew for all of the thankless work that you do here (which by definition, is no longer thankless. So Ha!)

And by means of a post-script, to everyone else: Keep improving. Read articles. Read posts before responding to them. It goes a long way and is the best way to demonstrate respect on here. If you're a Miami fan.... well.... you're probably already beyond hope. :cool:

Thanks again, here's to another 2000.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:55 am

Congrats on the milestone Dan, appreciate the kind words and as always it's great to hear that people are enjoying themselves here whether they're posting 20 times a day or 20 times a month. Go Bulls! (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby rise on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Congrats Dan. :)
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby George7 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:38 am

Congrats Dan and thanks for the shout out,it's always nice to have other Bulls' fans to talk with about the team :) (Y)
George7

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:29 am

I've unexpectedly reached 4K. After a period of relative inactivity, it feels good to achieve this milestone.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby rise on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Congrats Axel.! :D
rise
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Congrats. :)

I fell short of topping 70,000 by the end of 2011 but I expect I'll get there soon enough with the new season underway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey look, it's my fourth year here at NLSC. Only with 1400+ posts, but definitely enjoying my time here. :chug:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:44 am

congrats!......newb :P
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby George7 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:23 am

Congrats to the two Houston fans there!! (Y) (Y)
George7

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 am

Congrats! As always, it's nice to hear that people are enjoying spending time here. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:43 am

Congrats Fracture. (Y) Although it went by unnoticed (by me of all people), I've been a member of this forum for two years. Pretty cool to reach 4K and two-year milestones almost at once. :)
Last edited by Axel The Great on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Thanks guys. :)
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:18 am

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:( :oops: :( :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :oops: :( :( :(
:( :oops: :( :oops: :( :oops: :( :oops: :( :( :(
:( :oops: :( :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :oops: :( :oops: :(
:( :oops: :( :( :( :oops: :( :oops: :oops: :( :(
:( :oops: :( :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :oops: :( :oops: :(
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:42 am

I like it.
Lamrock

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:55 am

Creative and congrats on the milestone. (Y) Sad faces make it look depressing.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:21 am

Creatively depressing. ;) Congrats Jon. (Y)

I missed posting something for 70,000 but if an idea for a milestone thread comes to mind, I'll go ahead and make one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:11 am

yea it is sorta depressing isn't it. I did it with the cool faces when I WON THE FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE (suckit) but I thought the sad faces blended better with the oops ones.

Initially I did with the :bowdown2: and :bowdown: but you couldn't make it out.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:14 am

Just passed 71,000. Never did get around to doing anything for 70,000, but perhaps I'll do a special thread for 72,000 (for the Bulls' 72 wins in 1996).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby rise on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Well, after spending the last several weeks buried under the trash in my room, ( :roll: :lol: ) I've finally found my way to the top of the trash pile only to find out it's been more than two years since I joined the nlsc. :shock:

I haven't been regular here recently since college started, with studying, actually having a social life (I thought I had one in high school lol), etc, I just haven't come here very much. I kind of just lost motivation to create rosters or update dynasty stories. Once I'm back home in a few weeks, I'll probably be bored at my house, so I'll probably get back to my NC Domination story, probably help out with some Live 03 patching, and all the things I used to do for most of the last two years.
rise
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic