Journeyman Shaq

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Journeyman Shaq

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Wasn't quite sure what section this really fit into. Even though it's about a specific NBA player, since it'll cover both NBA Live and 2K for the most part, I thought I'd put it in the Virtual Hardwood section. I'd also understand if it got moved to the Photoshop Studio section. Anyway:

Journeyman Shaq!

If you're anything like me, you're a big Shaq fan. During the course of his career, he provided great entertainment, whether it'd be his sheer dominance on the court or his many great quotes off it.

If you play any NBA games and you see him on the free agency list, you begin to wonder: what would my team be like with Shaq? Perhaps you've even made that signing in your dynasty/association... I know I have!

So here's the idea; I want the NLSC members to help me out with something called "Journeyman Shaq". Basically, if you see Shaq on a team in your dynasty (preferably one that hasn't already been done before hand), I want you to take a screenshot and either:

-Make an image 200 pixels wide by 300 pixels heigh and post it in this thread. These constraints will make sure the images are uniform.

or

-PM me the screenshot and I can make it the correct size.

I suppose the rules are to basically post within the forum guidelines. And for the start, try to refrain from trading him to a random team and playing an exhibition game just for the photo op. I know I played an exhibition game with the Celtics for one, but it was the team he was with during NBA 2k11. If you can specify what NBA video game it's from as well, that'd be excellent (y)

Of course, this isn't just limited to the traditional NBA teams. Expansion teams, All-Star and any other teams would be great too.

Gallery

NBA 30
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Miami Heat
ImageImageImage

Other Teams
ImageImageImage

Games And Contributors

NBA Live 2000

-Portland Trail Blazers (Andrew)

NBA Live 2002

-Los Angeles Lakers (Andrew)

NBA Live 2005

-Miami Heat [NBA 30 section] (via X's Bobcats Dynasty by The X)
-Miami Heat [Miami Heat section] (via X's Bobcats Dynasty by The X)

NBA Live 06

-90s All-Stars [PC Project Roster] (badreligionau)
-East All-Stars (via X's Blazers Dynasty by The X)

NBA Live 07

-Miami Heat [Miami Heat Section] (JaoSming)

NBA Live 09

-Phoenix Suns (Andrew)

NBA Live 10

-Atlanta Hawks (via Houston, We Had A Dynasty by Axel.)
-Cleveland Cavaliers (via Denver Nuggets - The Next Level by badreligionau)
-Charlotte Bobcats (via Oklahoma City - New City, New Challenge by Phil89)
-Denver Nuggets (via Denver Nuggets - The Next Level by badreligionau)
-Golden State Warriors (via Denver Nuggets - The Next Level by badreligionau)
-Oklahoma City Thunder (via Oklahoma City - New Beginnings by Phil89)
-Seattle Supersonics [Other Teams Section] (via Oklahoma City - New Beginnings by Phil89)

NBA 2k10

-Miami Heat [Miami Heat Section] (via D-Wade and the Titos by badreligionau)
-Toronto Raptors (via 'Saur Losers by Lamrock)

NBA 2k11

-Boston Celtics (badreligionau)
-Chicago Bulls (via It's Hollywood Down Here - Miami Heat Association by Martti.)
-Dallas Mavericks (Radioman)

NBA 2k12

-Houston Rockets (Cruzerr)
-Milwaukee Bucks (Cruzerr)
-Orlando Magic (Andrew)
------------------------------

I have a feeling this will probably fall flat on it's ass, but I thought it was an interesting idea and can be entertaining during the lockout. I'm hoping it'll see screenshots from all different basketball games and hopefully even become a continued idea for other players (Journeyman Ammo maybe?)

EDIT 2/12/11: With 15 teams in the NBA 30, we're officially at the halfway point! Thanks to all the current contributors. Hopefully the next 15 can come relatively quickly as well :)
Last edited by Kenny on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:52 am, edited 20 times in total.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: Journeyman Shaq

Postby Cruzerr on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:55 am

Can I send you many pics?
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:53 am

Send as many as you want. Just keep in mind that for the moment, there'll only be one per team (ie: 1 pic from the Nuggets, 1 from Miami etc). If you have 2k12, I heard there's classic teams like the Magic and the Lakers that have Shaq on them. His days with Phoenix might be the hardest to get, since he was only really with them for about half a season or so.

But yeah, anything you send in, tell me what game it is and if it's from a dynasty/association story and it'll get posted in the gallery. The overall aim is to not only get Shaq in 30 or more jerseys, but to also span across as many NBA games as possible.

Thanks for showing interest (y)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 am

Cool idea. (Y) I once had Shaq in an NBA Live 2000 Blazers franchise, I don't have any screenshots from the time but I could whip one up.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:00 pm

That would be awesome if you could do that. It'd be cool to get a vast array of NBA games for this, since he was around since some of the very early NBA Live games. I think I might be able to get him with the Suns from NBA Live 08 since there was a roster update after he was traded.

Also, I think I'll make it so that you can post a picture of Shaq in your favourite team's uniform. I just didn't want one person to post 29 pictures of him just because they traded for him in the game menu and decided to play an exhibition game. So you could post one of him as a member of the Bulls, Axel. for the Rockets etc etc
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:04 am

Nah, I just think stick to teams he's actually randomly ended up on in Dynasty/Association, that's much cooler (Y)

Of course if you have instances like Andrew mentioned where you remember him being on a team in Dynasty mode but don't have screenshot, I don't have any issues going back & getting one :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:47 am

The X wrote:Nah, I just think stick to teams he's actually randomly ended up on in Dynasty/Association, that's much cooler (Y)

Of course if you have instances like Andrew mentioned where you remember him being on a team in Dynasty mode but don't have screenshot, I don't have any issues going back & getting one :P

i think this would be cool too. it would spotlight some of the older Lives and plus, it's kind of lame to go to the menu and trade him to your favorite team to get a screenshot
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Ideally I'd like it to be all shots from places he's gone during people's dynasties and his default team for the corresponding video game. The ammendment to the rule was more of a way to get more people involved and with some team's cap situations, signing or trading for Shaq could be tricky.

Anyway, I just added a couple from NBA Live 06 :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Here you go. Shaq attack, plus the foul...though watching it again in Instant Replay to get a screenshot, I'm reminded how far sports games have come when it comes to collisions. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby The X on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:20 pm

:lol: Faces were actually alright (photo quality if I recall correctly) but jersey names font is just turrible :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks for that Andrew (y) it's cool to get something from as far back as 2000. Definitely a nice poster shot and I'm sure it's one Shaq would let Mr Ewing know about for many years to come :lol:

It's been added :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:42 pm

You'll be glad I keep my links solid in my Hall of Fame Dynasties :wink:

Live '05

Shaq in my Bobcats' Dynasty:

2006 All-Star Game:

2007 Playoff Series against Heat:

The X shoots over Shaq :cool:
Shaq absolutely blocks the shite out of Okafor
Okafor gets revenge on Shaq
Shaq always gets final word

Live '06

Shaq in my Blazers' Dynasty:

2006 All-Star Game

2007 All-Star Game

I've posted more or less every pic he's in. You choose which ones, if any, that you want to use :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:46 pm

The X wrote::lol: Faces were actually alright (photo quality if I recall correctly) but jersey names font is just turrible :lol:

The face textures were actually pretty good for the time. The jerseys definitely don't look that good now though, the font was generic as you noted and they had a very "painted on" look.

NBA Live 2000 was a really good game for its time but going back and playing it now, it is certainly dated.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:23 pm

My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks for your additions guys, I've updated the gallery :)

The X: I decided to replace the two pictures I had. Definitely some great shots in that lot and it gave me an idea of possibly putting up "NLSC Vs Shaq". In my My Player story, I have footage of myself actually dunking on him, so I might implement that soon. If pictures of Miami Shaq continue to be popular, I might also have a subcategory for that.

Phil89: Thanks for replying to my PM. All those shots are great and I'm currently trying to decide whether I should put Sonics Shaq in seperate category to OKC Shaq (Lamrock would probably agree with it :P )

Keep em coming (y)

EDIT: I played NBA Live 06 yesterday to get those screen shots and maybe it's because I haven't played it in years, but it's really hard. Either that or I just suck at it now :P
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:40 am

NBA Live 06 had some pretty brutal comeback logic. Still one of my favourite games in the series, though. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:55 am

I'd say it's definitely my favourite. As it's documented, I've gotten the most playing time out of NBA Live 10, but 06 was more interesting due to the fact that players could get injured. The other two games I played were 98 and 08. 98 was a classic and I've been trying so hard to get it running on my new PC, but I'm having no success. 08 on PS3 makes 10 look like a masterpiece. Gameplay-wise, that game was such a decline from 06.

Anyway, back to topic: if anyone owns 2k12 and can get me Shaq from Orlando and Lakers, it'd be much appreciated. I think I'll also check the Dynasty/Association stories section for more stories that have Shaq involved with other teams as well and PM some more writers. I'm happy with how this is going so far :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:39 am

Here you go. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks again Andrew. I particularly like that shot of him from Orlando; classic Shaq :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:13 pm

even though Shaq has already been shown on the Heat, I made it Street baby

http://www.nba-live.com/jaosming/Street ... -59-98.jpg

I won't feel bad if you don't use it, but I love this idea (Y) (Y)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kenny on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:56 pm

That's a great shot. As I've said before, I'm guessing that Miami Shaq will be popular since he was with the Heat during some of the most recent games (up til Live 08 if I remember correctly), so at some point I'll create a Miami sub-section. It's also great to get something from Live 07; I never actually played that one (or 09 for that matter).

Thanks for the kind words; glad you like the idea (y)

EDIT: Just added it to the Miami Heat section :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:16 pm

badreligionau wrote:Thanks again Andrew. I particularly like that shot of him from Orlando; classic Shaq :)

You're welcome. (Y) I was quite pleased with the way that turned out as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Found a Bobcats Shaq amongst my old dynasty's screenshots. (Y)

My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:55 pm

That's awesome Phil89, thanks! I was wondering if we'd see a BobShaq anytime soon. The gallery is coming along quite nicely at the moment.

I really regret not getting a screenshot of him playing for Golden State in my dynasty... hopefully it's happened in someone else's.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:15 pm

You could always set up and grab a quick screenshot of it in an exhibition game. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Next

Return to Other Basketball Games