Sliders Thread

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Sliders Thread

Postby Lamrock on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:59 am

We have a couple threads on the issue, but no definitive ones. Right now, I'm enjoying 2K12 a lot just playing on Pro difficulty with the Simulation game style. However, the gameplay isn't flawless. The biggest thing I'm concerned with right now is fatigue. I was able to fix the fatigue rate in 2K11 but setting it to 35 isn't cutting it this year. Right now, I have to have the coach handle the substitutions so I give my rotation burn.

Three point tendency will probably go down and fouls up later, but I was wondering if anyone had some good ones. I play Pro (all-star for My Player, and probably for normal gameplay soon) with 10 minute quarters.

So yeah, post yours and compare?

TEMPLATE

Code: Select all
[b][center]Human  /  CPU[/center][/b]
Inside Shot
Close Shot
Mid-Range Shot
3PT Shot
Layup
Dunk
Dunk in Traffic
Pass Accuracy
Alley-Oop
Contact Shot

Driving Contact
Inside Shot Contact
Help Defense
Steal Success

Quickness
Vertical
Strength
Stamina
Durability
Hustle
Ball Handling
Hands
Dunking
On Ball D
Stealing
Blocking
OFF Awa
DEF Awa
OFF REB
DEF REB
Clutch
Consistency
Fatigue Rate
Injury FREQ
Injury SEV

Inside Shots
Close Shots
Mid-Range Shots
3PT Shots
Attack Basket
Look for Post
Throw Oops
Attempt Dunks
Putbacks
Play Lane
Go for Steal
Contest Shots
Backdoor Cuts

Over the Back
Charging
Blocking
Reaching
Shooting
Loose Ball
Lamrock

Re: Sliders Thread

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:45 am

A central thread would help out here I'm sure, so I'll go ahead and sticky this one. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Push on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Gameplay issues ruined the game bigtime this year. One concern I have with gameplay is ball security. Players lose the ball very easily like as if the ball is covered with grease. I also noticed that the players get fatigue while in practice mode :? .
Push

Postby kAmilli LakeShow on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:43 am

Did anyone solve 3 pt. issue with sliders? Setting it to 46 or 47 seems to have cut it for me. But scoring inside is too tough, i mean, shooing mid range is actually more efficient than shooting close-range shots, and lay-ups get denied all the time, from both sides. I din't find slider solution for this one, if anyone finds golden middle for this, please post here :D
kAmilli LakeShow

Postby Fifedawg on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:47 am

Has anyone else but me seen how the CPU run teams will just sit with the ball until the shot clock is almost at 0 before forcing up a bad shot? I'm constantly seeing teams end up with 65-75 shots per game which is unrealistic. NBA teams shot at an average of around 81-82 attempts per game. Is there a slider or something that can get the CPU to up the tempo? I've tried to increase the sliders of the Shot Tendencies and it has no effect at all.
Fifedawg

Postby Push on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:13 pm

Another issue is shot blocking. It's too easy to block shots w/c on the other hand makes it very difficult to shoot inside. Over the back/ Loose ball fouls when rebounding frequency is also too high. WTF, did 2k sports forget the most important aspect of the game w/c is gameplay.
Push

Postby hova- on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Try to adjust your shots. It's tough to go to the basket when there are many defenders around, but it's like that IRL.

I lowered the blocking sliders to like 43 and the "contact when driving" slider to around 55. You won't see that much contact making on the drive which allows you to score. I have the "contact inside" slider still at 90, because it's much tougher IRL to get off a shot when you grab an offensive board than when you drive to the rim.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby kAmilli LakeShow on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 pm

Yeah guys, also, when u turn down 3PT slider, they start shooting 3's less, but that's also a problem : I ALWAYS outdo CPU in Field Goals MAde, FG %, but i always lose because they ALWAYS out rebound me and shoot more free throws. I mean, like Bill Cartwright was standing right where the ball is, i press Y, and
Zo, who was TOTALLY boxed OUT, still gets the board somehow, and it happens ALL THE TIME. And everytime i go for a GOOD block, i get a foul. Every time, if the ball is inside - it's over. This never happens on the other end. Also, did anybody else notice that there are almost no "BUMPS" on defence when User is defending CPU? On the other end, it's almost impossible to go thru them without any bumps. It's ridiculous! Muggsy goes thru Pippen like he ain't even there, and MJ can't go thru Muggsy on the other end even with good dribble moves. And it only happens in 2k12, it never happened to me in 2k11, i thought i was a good defender XD
kAmilli LakeShow

Postby xteleo.joshpix on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:47 am

let's wait for makeufamous sliders? :D
xteleo.joshpix

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:55 am

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... layer.html

Best ones I found so far. Usually sliders with this many edits tend to drain all the actual fun out of the game, but these are good. Very realistic with 12 minute quarters, though I suck at scoring in this game. Would recommend giving those a shot.
Lamrock

Postby homicide1550 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Lamrock wrote:http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/515962-truths-nba-2k12-simulation-sliders-allstar-real-player.html

Best ones I found so far. Usually sliders with this many edits tend to drain all the actual fun out of the game, but these are good. Very realistic with 12 minute quarters, though I suck at scoring in this game. Would recommend giving those a shot.

Tried this sliders myself. I've only played one game (Bulls-Hornets) but it really felt different. Very realistic imo. Nice find there Lamrock!
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby hova- on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Dito that. I thought it was a little bit tough to score though. Well, then again, I played with Denver, lacking a true number one option on offense.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:25 am

Yeah, the only way I'm able to be competitive with them is by using full Playvision, but I like them a lot.
Lamrock

Postby jk31 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:09 am

Can anybody recommend good sliders except The Truth's Sliders? I use them and the 3pt% is horrible. I shot 30% (6/20) last game, CPU shot 21% (4/19). The Other games i played with them were similar like that.
I run a 3pt play for Ray Allen. It works, he gets open at the 3 Pt Line with no defender anywhere around him. And he's not able to hit... Again and again and again and again... It's okay that not every shot goes in, but a great shooter like Allen should be able to shoot sth around 40% to 50% at least in one single game.
jk31

Postby homicide1550 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:41 am

UniversalNoob, are you using the keyboard or the controller? I dunno bout u but nailing open 3-pointers are not a problem for me..
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby jk31 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:31 pm

I use Gamepad. But its not just me, CPU too! They are not able to hit open 3's.
jk31

Postby DoodieDoo on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:46 am

DoodieDoo

Postby hova- on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:30 am

Lamrock wrote:Yeah, the only way I'm able to be competitive with them is by using full Playvision, but I like them a lot.

I switched to full Playvision some days ago and it really makes the game easier and helps me to understand the plays. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby mpac on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:36 pm

i tried using the truth sliders couple of days ago. the game is very realistic though I must admit im missing a lot of shots especially 3pt FGs :) Maybe it's because Im still not good enough as Im still learning and adjusting on the 2k12 game style. hehe

So for now, I will use the default sliders and try to be tolerable on CPU's perfect FG, too may shotblocks and a lot of run n gun. hehe Once i get better and better like you, maybe Ill use the Truth sliders again :) As long as I got the rookies on the roster, I think i can survive playing association in 2k12
mpac

Postby jk31 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:04 am

DoodieDoo wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct

Yeah, and with The Truth's Sliders both the CPU and me are always under the Raptor's 3pt% of .316.

Last Game CPU hat 12% and mine was around 26%.
jk31

Postby volsey on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:11 am

I tried the Truth's slider for a couple games. Way too many uncontested 3's were missed, and while the CPU wasn't unstoppable from 3 anymore, they definitely weren't shooting as bad as I was.

In the Truth's thread he stresses that using Real Player FG% is important, but I think this was the reason I consistently missed open shots. So I turned it off and once again am hitting a decent amount of 3's. Now I'm missing more inside shots, but I have no problem with that.

I'm essentially using Truth's sliders for the overall pace of the game. It creates very realistic player movement, and feels much less frantic. However these are a few of the changes I've made to his sliders:

-Lowered CPU on-ball steal tendency, created way to many steal attempts in the post leading to easy scores
-Raised look for post players tendency
-Raised Attack the basket tendency
-Slightly lowered Block attribute for CPU
-Raised Shooting Foul for both CPU and User
-Lowered both the CPU and User Challenge Shot tendency by ~10
-Raised Hands, Ball Handling, and Pass Accuracy by ~5 each, there were way too many stupid turnovers for both CPU and me with no pressure

This makes the game more forgivable imo, and much more playable and less frustrating than out of the box simulation sliders. The increase to fatigue rate and stamina means you actually have to manage your players now, and the pace of the game seems perfect. There's not as many fast break anymore, but you feel much more in control.
volsey

Postby mike879 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:14 pm

this is from majestic24's operations sports sliders... not bad either.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... nside.html
mike879

Postby mpac on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:43 pm

im now playing with the default slider (run and gun type of game) and just made all the CPU inside, close and midrange shot success to 49, and then 3pt success to 48, and now the CPU seems to be beatable and not perfect in his shooting. Every other thing on the sliders are set to default. Game turns out to be tolerable, though not too realistic but its fine as for me im enjoying playing the game. :)

Not sure if the change affects the gameplay or im just improving based on watching czar's videos on defense :)
mpac

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:26 pm

The only problem I had about Truth's sliders was the fact that it seemed almost impossible to drive into the zone, no matter of the mismatch. 95 on def. aware is just too high, changed it to 80 and i'ts better now. (also seems to improve the problem of not hitting three point shots, don't know why)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

desperately looking for good simulation sliders

Postby Dee. on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:24 pm

This is fucking bullshit. Its pretty much unplayable with the default Simulation sliders. CPU intercepts every single pass and steals it, then fucking cheese themselves to the basket in a few seconds. Dwight dribbles around for 5 seconds does a spin and then posterizes my guard. Diaw has got to be glitched since he cant make a singe open 3. What the fucks up with this?? Do sliders help?? any suggestions?
Dee.

Next

Return to NBA 2K12