Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Good wins and also nice to see Kenny not getting injured so often :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Kenny on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Axel. wrote:Seems the difference was the difficulty this time around. Still, good to see you're capable of putting up great performances nonetheless. (Y)

I think the numbers are down a little because I'm being a lot more aggressive on defense and I'm committing a lot of fouls instead of letting players get easy layups. It's one of the reasons why I get a lot of blocks as a wing player too I guess.

Thierry • wrote:Good wins and also nice to see Kenny not getting injured so often :lol:

I have a bit of confidence in the fact that the 4th season could be all 82 games. I just hope I can get through it... injuries have almost played a part in the longevity of this thread :lol:
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:18 pm

March Part 3

I switched the difficulty back to Pro for this lot of games. I'm thinking about alternating the difficulty to I at least make the playoffs this time around and still feel like I'm being challenged. For the playoffs, I'll probably set it to Pro on my home games and All-Star for the away ones.

After a run where it seemed like Kenny Young was unstoppable, of late he's been brought back to Earth a little. In the 83-74 win against the Mavericks, Young still managed to have a great stat-line with 23 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 1 block, but for a guy who's averaging 34/11/7 for the season, it's down on what people would expect from him.

Against the Grizzlies, he was out to prove that he's still in MVP form.

Not only did he post another triple-double for the season (34 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists, 1 steal), but his go ahead basket in the final minute ended up being the game winner. Nuggets won by 108-107 against the Grizzlies.

With the current caption contest centred around Greg Oden, Kenny's new poster happens to have the same theme. Young managed 34 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block to lead Denver to a 104-100 win over Portland.

Some interesting notes

-Kenny has shifted into second place in the MVP race behind LeBron James.
-More surprisingly, he's 5th in the DPOTY race with a combined steals/blocks average of 3.1.

Record: 41-31
Games Played By My Player: 59
Projected Games To Be Played By My Player: 69

(thought that was an interesting stat for the deviates out there :lol: )
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:43 pm

:applaud: Playoff Time!!! im excited :mrgreen:
qfrmcpt310

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:25 am

Nice. A game-winner to cap off a triple-double against the Grizzlies must have been awesome. (Y)
badreligionau wrote:Projected Games To Be Played By My Player: 69
thought that was an interesting stat for the deviates out there

:giggity:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Kenny on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:50 pm

qfrmcpt310 wrote::applaud: Playoff Time!!! im excited :mrgreen:

Almost there ;)

Axel. wrote:Nice. A game-winner to cap off a triple-double against the Grizzlies must have been awesome. (Y)
badreligionau wrote:Projected Games To Be Played By My Player: 69
thought that was an interesting stat for the deviates out there

:giggity:

Yeah, it was a pretty good week all round. Hopefully I can get a good run going and get a decent seed in the playoffs.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:51 pm

March Part 4

I played the first game on All-Star, but since I was able to get another stupid stat-line, I figured it'd be best for me if my teammates played better... so I put it back on Pro for the last two. After this, there's only 7 games left in the regular season.

While his on ball defense is suspect, Young is probably the best shot blocker in the league under 6'6. He sent 4 back against the Rockets, including this close-out against former teammate Chauncey Billups.

Despite Young coming up with an impossibly great stat-line and this nasty dunk on Yao Ming, The Nuggets were thrashed by the Rockets by 120-103. Kenny had an incredible 58 points (24/48 FG), 20 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals and 4 blocks. Kevin Martin was the main man for the Rockets with 42 points of his own.

Against the Spurs, Young filled up the stat sheet once again, this time for an 89-86 win. He was the best of the Nuggets with 29 points, 13 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks.

Add Antawn Jamison to the list of cry-babies.

If you thought dunking on Yao would be the highlight of Kenny's week, then you'd be wrong. Another possible dunk of the year candidate was his huge slam against premier defensive centre Dwight Howard.

Despite some early struggles against the Magic, the Nuggets came away with a relatively comfortable 98-78 win, allowing just 13 points in the final quarter. It was another impressive performance from Denver's MVP, as he recorded 46 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals and 3 blocks. With his stretch of incredible performances, he won both the Player of the Week and Month awards. Will he hold the rare distinction of winning an MVP award before being selected in an All-Star game?

Record: 43-32
Games Played By My Player: 62
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:32 pm

:applaud: Nuff said.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Kenny on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:00 am

April Part 1: The Final Month

Final month of the regular season, will the Nuggets book a place in the playoffs? All will be revealed below:

Drafted in the same class, on the same team. Wall was at number 1 and Young was at number 30. Despite their different paths to the NBA, both are now excelling.

Even though the Nuggets lost to the Clippers by 116-109, Young had another outstanding performance, picking up another triple-double. He had 31 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists and 1 block.

His Player Efficiency Rating remains miles ahead of the pack at 45.76. The next best? LeBron with 30.23.

Despite having an off rebounding night, Kenny and the Nuggets flew high against the Lakers, blowing them out to score of 109-88 at Staples. Young had 25 points, 2 rebounds, 10 assists and 3 steals. Teammate Dwight Bender picked up the slack on the boards, with 12 to go with his 21 points. Him and Young are forming quite the wing combination.

It was a happy trip to Los Angeles for Young and the Nuggets, as they picked up a 104-94 win in their last game of the week against the Clippers. Young once again had a subpar game on the boards, with only 6, and while he only had 2 assists, you can't complain about 31 points.

The Nuggets 45th win of the season booked them a spot in the NBA Playoffs. If they keep winning games, they could also pick up a Division title. They are currently half a game back from the Portland Trail Blazers, who have a record of 45-32.

Record: 45-33
Games Played By My Player: 65
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:23 pm

April Part 2: The Final Week

This is the final week of the regular season. With Denver well and truly in the hunt for the division title, there's still a lot to play for.

Young had a rather subdue game on offense, scoring 19 points against the T-Wolves.

But he was able to contribute everywhere on the floor, with 10 points, 12 assists, 1 steal and 1 block. He supported a red hot Dirk Nowitzki who scored 28, as Denver won emphatically by 122-99.

He had a slightly better game on offense against the Hornets, but also had a weaker stat-line. Young had 24 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists and 1 steal.

After leading for most of the game, the Nuggets lost this one by 121-113.

Kenny took advantage of having a point guard defend him early in the game. His momentum continued to build as he ended up with 34 points, 14 rebounds, 7 assists and 2 blocks. Nuggets won by 111-100.

Kenny took the momentum from the last game and used it against the Thunder, as he led the Nuggets to a 122-102 win. He had 32 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 steal. After a slow start to the season, the Nuggets now have the 3rd seed in the Western Conference. To cap the season off on a personal level, Young also won the Player of the Month for April as well.

Record: 48-34
Games Played By My Player: 69
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:41 pm

End Of Regular Season

Standings

EAST

Miami 53-29
Philadelphia 51-31
Atlanta 50-32
Chicago 50-32
New York 43-39
Toronto 43-39
Indiana 42-40
Milwaukee 39-43
---
Orlando 38-44
Boston 36-46
Cleveland 35-47
Detroit 35-47
Charlotte 35-47
Washington 34-48
New Jersey 31-51

WEST

Sacramento 52-30
Oklahoma City 48-34
Denver 48-34
Portland 48-34
LA Lakers 46-36
Memphis 45-37
Golden State 44-38
Minnesota 43-39
---
LA Clippers 41-41
New Orleans 40-42
San Antonio 36-46
Houston 35-47
Utah 32-50
Dallas 29-53
Phoenix 28-54

Statistical Leaders (NBA)

PPG: [LAL] Kobe Bryant 33.8
RPG: [ORL] Dwight Howard 14.3
APG: [BOS] Rajon Rondo 9.6
SPG: [SAC] Tyreke Evans 2.9
BPG: [ORL] Dwight Howard 2.5

Statistical Leaders (Denver Nuggets)

PPG: Kenny Young 33.7, Dirk Nowitzki 18.1, Dwight Bender 15.5
RPG: Kenny Young 10.8, Nene 7.7, Dirk Nowitzki 7.6
APG: Kenny Young 7.3, Ty Lawson 6.2, Kyle Lowry 4.5
SPG: Kenny Young 1.9, Ty Lawson 1.6, Kyle Lowry 1.3
BPG: Kenny Young 1.2, Nene 1, Dirk Nowitzki 0.9

My Metric Stats

PER: 46.25
EFF: 37.9
TS%: .590
EFG%: .558
REB: 19.6
AR: 18.5
TOR: 9.5
PPR: 4.2
POS: 34.2
USG: 46
EWA: 17.1
GS: 27.9
PPWS: 1.2
FTR: 0.1

(I can't make sense of it, but hopefully someone here can :lol: )
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:53 pm

It was a big turn around for Denver this season, earning the third seed in the playoffs after a disasterous previous season. While it could be argued that Dirk Nowitzki and Dwight Bender also had a big part in their turn around, it was Young's domination on the court that saw the Nuggets come back into the playoff picture. He lead the Nuggets in every raw statistical category and the league has now awarded him as the Most Valuable Player. Along with this, he was also named in the All NBA First Team and the All Defensive Second team.

Coach Paul Westphal won the Coach of the Year, for his part in Denver's turn around.

Awards

MVP: [DEN] Kenny Young
ROY: [PHI] Bryant Newsom
6th: [PHI] Evan Turner
MIP: [NOH] Jerryd Bayless
Def: [ORL] Dwight Howard
Coach: [DEN] Paul Westphal

Teams

All NBA First

[LAL] Kobe Bryant
[WAS] John Wall
[DEN] Kenny Young
[MIA] LeBron James
[ORL] Dwight Howard

All NBA Second

[MIA] Dwyane Wade
[CHI] Derrick Rose
[ATL] Josh Smith
[CHA] Gerald Wallace
[LAL] Andrew Bynum

All NBA Third

[BOS] Rajon Rondo
[CLE] Gilbert Arenas
[DAL] Michael Beasley
[MIA] Chris Bosh
[NJN] Brook Lopez

All Defensive First

[MIA] Dwyane Wade
[BOS] Rajon Rondo
[CHA] Gerald Wallace
[ATL] Josh Smith
[ORL] Dwight Howard

All Defensive Second

[SAC] Tyreke Evans
[SAN] Manu Ginobilli
[MIA] LeBron James
[DEN] Kenny Young
[NJN] Brook Lopez

All Rookie First

[PHI] Bryant Newsom
[BOS] Tugay Buruk
[CLE] Robin Brock
[LAL] Jamie Byrd
[MEM] Ian York

All Rookie Second

[NJN] Jamon Oberto
[MIL] Dwight Hudson
[WAS] Adam Frye
[POR] Andrew Kirkland
[NOH] Loren Augmon
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:42 am

Well deserved (Y) Kenny's on fire for the postseason!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Kenny on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Thanks Thierry, I'm hoping to have a big series. Can't wait to see what playing the playoffs is like on NBA 2k11 :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:47 pm

(3) Denver Nuggets Vs Los Angeles Lakers (6)

Over the 2012-2013 season, the Denver Nuggets have had the best over the Los Angeles Lakers; but everyone will tell you that the Playoffs is where it matters the most. The Lakers have been a thorn in the side of previous Denver playoff campaigns and will hope to continue the trend it what will be an intriguing series. The matchups are all over the floor; Bynum Vs Nene, Pau Vs Dirk and the biggest one of them all, Kobe Vs Kenny.

Kobe and the Lakers have the experience in big games, but the Nuggets have the next big thing and a list of handy contributors. Which will prove to be the most valuable in this first round playoffs matchup?

The Lineups

The Bench
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
| Dwight Bender | Marreese Speights | Antawn Jamison | Marcin Gortat | Sasha Vujacic | Pops Mensah-Bonsu | Davor Kasparov |

IR
ImageImage
| Roderick Harrington | Jordan Hamlin |

The Bench
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
| Lamar Odom | Donovan Scott | Jamie Byrd | Steve Blake | Johan Petro | Luke Walton | Harry Hopkins |

Key Players

Denver Nuggets

When it comes to key players in this series, you can't look any further than Kenny Young. After having a season where he broke records and led his side to the playoffs after the missed the previous 2 seasons, Young was awarded the MVP trophy. But Young has quite a distinction with his award; he currently holds the MVP trophy without playing a single game in the playoffs in his entire career. How he rises to the situation will be the key to Denver's success. He can't do it alone though, future Hall Of Famer Dirk Nowitzki will have to take his fair share of the scoring load, along with Ty Lawson, Nene and Dwight Bender.

Los Angeles Lakers

One edge the Lakers hold over the Nuggets is players who have experience winning big games. None possess this trait more so than Lakers' legend Kobe Bryant. One of the most clutch post-season performers in the history of the game, Bryant will have to lead by example. Another area the Lakers could have an advantage is in the frontcourt, with Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum both hard to contain when they bring their game.

Injury Concerns

Denver Nuggets

-Dirk Nowitzki currently has a bruised sternum, but it won't keep him out of Game 1.

Los Angeles Lakers

-The Lakers are completely healthy at this point.
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:35 am

Would be awesome to see a sweep. Knowing how annoying 2K11's MP mode can be with Gasol and Bynum blocking everything, it will be difficult enough. Hope you drop another 80+ points on Kobe. :D
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Houndy on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:22 am

Kenny Young went HAM man, now sweep dem Lakers!
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Kenny on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Axel. wrote:Would be awesome to see a sweep. Knowing how annoying 2K11's MP mode can be with Gasol and Bynum blocking everything, it will be difficult enough. Hope you drop another 80+ points on Kobe. :D

It's something I'd love to do, but as you said, getting around Bynum (and to a lesser extent, Gasol) is easier said than done in this game. Dropping 83 on Kobe might have been a fluke as well :lol:

Houndy wrote:Kenny Young went HAM man, now sweep dem Lakers!

It was definitely an exciting last few months and I was surprised I picked up the MVP trophy, given how 2k11 frowns upon players missing games. Was a great season and I hope to continue on the good form in the playoffs :D
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:30 pm

ImageImage

The game started off looking like it'd be a classic as Kenny Young and Kobe Bryant were hitting shot-for-shot. Young's first basket of his career in the playoffs was an emphatic one, driving into the paint for a two handed dunk over Andrew Bynum. At quarter time, the Nuggets had the slight advantage, up by 28-24. Young's impact was immediate, with 17 points in the first quarter and 4 steals.

In the two minutes Kenny was on the bench, the Lakers made a charge and took the lead. Even though he only scored 4 points in the quarter, Young continued to be the catalyst for Denver's offense, setting up his teammates and picking up 7 assists to go into halftime. Former Laker Sasha Vujacic had a surprise impact coming off the bench, scoring all his 6 points in the second quarter. By half time, the Nuggets' lead was cut back by 1 as they led 44-41. Kobe Bryant had 18 points halfway through the game, while Young had scored 21.

Then one of the most bizarre playoffs fade-outs began. The Lakers came out a completely different team and couldn't hit a shot. Kobe went on to score only 3 points in the entire half, and nobody else on the team picked up the slack.

Bryant ended the game shooting 8-26 and the Lakers scored a combined 19 points in the second half... when you consider that the Nuggets scored 34 in the fourth quarter, what initially started as a close game ended up being a laugher by the end of the third.

Kenny Young's debut in the NBA Playoffs was a successful one, flirting with his first career quadruple-double (29 points, 12 rebounds, 15 assists, 7 steals). His assist tally was a franchise record in the post-season. Amongst his key supporting players were Dwight Bender (17 points, 11 rebounds) and Nene (12 points, 13 rebounds). Dirk Nowitzki was clearly affected by his injury, as he scored only 4 points (2-10 FG) in 29 minutes of play.

The Lakers had very little to cheer about. Despite Kobe's numbers looking good on the surface (21 points, 9 rebounds), his game was completely shut down in the second half. Andrew Bynum was the only other Laker to register double-digit scoring with 13 points and 15 rebounds.

With the Nuggets 99-60 victory over the Lakers, they now lead 1-0 in the first round of the NBA Playoffs, with game two to be played in Denver.

------------------------------------------------

LAL@DEN

DEN: 99 (Young 29, Bender 17, Nene 12)
LAL: 60 (Bryant 21, Bynum 13, Gasol 8)

POTG: Kenny Young 29 points 12 rebounds 15 assists 7 steals 1 block

Rebounds

DEN: Nene 13
LAL: Bynum 15

Assists

DEN: Young 15
LAL: Schneider 4

------------------------------------------------

Game Gallery

Kenny's first basket in the playoffs

ImageImage
Kobe was looking dangerous in the first half | Young was playing the passing lanes well

ImageImage
Sasha made an impact in the second quarter | It's not the first time Pau Gasol has been on a Kenny Young poster
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:29 pm

ImageImage

With a 1-0 lead in the series, the Nuggets came out strong against the Lakers. However, it wasn't the regular season MVP that had the early success. It was veteran centre Nene that got Denver quickly out of the blocks, with a 14 point first quarter. With Young getting 4 and Dirk scoring one basket, the Nuggets had a modest 20-18 lead heading into quarter time.

In the second quarter, it was Kenny's turn. He scored 13 points in the second quarter, as well as grabbing 6 rebounds. But the Lakers were able to hold a 44-42 lead thanks to 14 points from their star shooting guard in the first half of play. But that was just the beginning...

Kobe came out in the second half looking to prove a point, as the Lakers had a serious fadeout in their first game. Even though the Nuggets kept it close thanks to some solid contributions from Young (24 points, 15 rebounds, 9 assists), Nene (22 points, 11 rebounds) and Nowitzki (21 points, 11 rebounds), the game belonged to Bryant as he scored 37 points to lead the Lakers to a 95-91 victory. Other Lakers contributors were Pau Gasol (14 points), Andrew Bynum (12 points) and Lamar Odom (10 points, 13 rebounds)

With the series tied at 1-1, Denver faces an uphill task as the Lakers will play at home in front of a vocal Staples Centre crowd.

-------------------------------------------------------------

LAL@DEN

LAL: 95 (Bryant 37, Gasol 14, Bynum 12)
DEN: 91 (Young 24, Nene 22, Nowitzki 21)

POTG: Kobe Bryant 37 points 8 rebounds 5 assists 1 steal

Rebounds

LAL: Odom 13
DEN: Young 15

Assists

LAL: Bryant 5
DEN: Young 9

-------------------------------------------------------------

Game Gallery

ImageImage
Nene had a strong first quarter | Kobe was too strong for the Nuggets

ImageImage
Young was dominant on the boards once again | Denver played well as a team, but sometimes team play can't beat Kobe Bryant
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:45 am

Are you still on all-star or back to pro? I like the realism when you have the difficulty a notch higher. Tough break losing that last one. This series won't be easy.
Lamrock

Postby Povilas3 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 am

He looks homeless :DDDDDDD
Povilas3

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:34 am

An exact year for the bump... woww
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Kenny on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Really surprised this got a bump. It's a shame this got so unrealistic; I loved how easy this was to recap. I also liked having a semi-successful My Player too.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Previous

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood