Bugs & Glitches Thread

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: Bugs & Glitches Thread

Postby MJALLDAY on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:07 am

Kareem's Laker team (I forget the year, the one from his challenge)has messed up jerseys. There's a black gap across the shoulders.
MJALLDAY

Postby Leander on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:30 am

I created two teams and watched a cpu vs. cpu game. At the start of the game the announcer says (an example) "there is howard, then there is nowitzki..." etc. all five players are introduced...then the announcer goes "there's howard, then there is nowitzki"...the same team gets introduced twice...the other teams' players are only announced in the opening seconds of the actual game.

And...cpu vs. cpu games are totally dumb concerning the announcer...he keeps repeating the current players on the floor again and again. I watched a game with 3 minutes per quarter and the current players are announced like every 30 seconds, even if no substituions have taken place.
Leander

Postby The X on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:10 pm

RIN wrote:Ok so I think there's this bug with unrealistic trades in my player. I started playing my player for the Knicks and just as the season started Knick traded Melo to Hawks for Josh Smith and Al Horford . That's not very realistic when teams trade their franchise players :?

Realism aside, that's a superb trade for the Knicks. They need a guy like Horford to play next to Amar'e. Smith can weakside defend. Brilliant :applaud:

On OS I saw a Curry & Ellis for Rose trade. I can understand it wouldn't happen IRL but if it had to, Bulls get a starting backcourt for him :applaud:

I'm probably only person happy with this though :lol:

EDIT: I take that back. I haven't played game yet so I wouldn't know, but from reading more comments over at OS, it sounds really bad where whole starting lineups are being traded. Sounds pretty bad. Think I might avoid mode.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Avoid mode till I see the patch.
karlsanada10

Postby chingstah on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Deng_09 wrote:There is a pretty major one in My Player mode for me
Every 6-8 games (continued play) or so it decides to crash to the desktop straight after the halftime presentation
Basically the presentation finishes and your then straight on your desktop
Pretty annoying, at least it doesn't stay, what I mean is, is that you can play the game again from the start and it wont crash,
but if you were having a pretty good half it is really annoying :|
Otherwise the game is pretty flawless compared to last year :D
edit:
Oh yeah and that freeze glitch thing aswell, stuffs up your shot :|

I have encountered the same exact problem with my game. Every now and then when I'm playing My Player it decides to crash between quarters and exits out to my desktop. It is really annoying especially "if you were having a pretty good half". Wonder what's causing this?
chingstah

Postby Westwindization on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:13 pm

GLITCH PC : Playing NBA Greatest Mode Kareems game with Bucks i think. When Kareem got fouled he shoot only 1 free trow, that wasn't and 1. And other time got fouled again in shot and cpu just gave ball to oponent - no ft again.

In Quick game Same thing happened.

In Chamberlain game after Wilts dunk oponent went to inbound ball and just stoped , didn't inbound the ball . Only thing you can do is exit the game .
Westwindization

Postby RenoMax327 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:22 pm

When I run Association, the screen goes black after the end of the 1st quarter/1st upcoming game ad.

Anyone else have the same issue?
RenoMax327

Postby Angelo on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Just got a stupid glitch just now when i try to reach in and get a foul the player that is fouled will shoot freethrows i am not even in the penalty yet :evil:
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:17 pm

Kris wrote:Just got a stupid glitch just now when i try to reach in and get a foul the player that is fouled will shoot freethrows i am not even in the penalty yet :evil:

I think I got that in one of the classic games. Maybe that's part of the rules back then?
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby mpac on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:27 pm

chingstah wrote:
Deng_09 wrote:There is a pretty major one in My Player mode for me
Every 6-8 games (continued play) or so it decides to crash to the desktop straight after the halftime presentation
Basically the presentation finishes and your then straight on your desktop
Pretty annoying, at least it doesn't stay, what I mean is, is that you can play the game again from the start and it wont crash,
but if you were having a pretty good half it is really annoying :|
Otherwise the game is pretty flawless compared to last year :D
edit:
Oh yeah and that freeze glitch thing aswell, stuffs up your shot :|

I have encountered the same exact problem with my game. Every now and then when I'm playing My Player it decides to crash between quarters and exits out to my desktop. It is really annoying especially "if you were having a pretty good half". Wonder what's causing this?

Same problem here too :( Noticed that it happens when i think im playing long enough and my laptop is a bit hot. :)

But the game consistently crashes when I view my billboard.
mpac

Postby MJALLDAY on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Apparently the "ripped jersey" glitch happens with all the classic teams that have tight jerseys.
MJALLDAY

Postby mr2ksports on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:46 pm

found a bug, the opposing team committed a shooting foul when I'm taking a lay-up then on free throw I was only given one attempt to shoot FT.

update: The call for FT is correct as I review it in GameTrack because the layup was counted even the ball was deflected. So I can say the bug is counting it as 2 pts
mr2ksports

Postby vincemeister55 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:54 pm

RenoMax327 wrote:When I run Association, the screen goes black after the end of the 1st quarter/1st upcoming game ad.

Anyone else have the same issue?

yep this happens to me too
vincemeister55

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Jaosming, those are not bugs. The ball animation is by design, and that is James Worthy's famous around the rim dunk.

Ok, the second one is a bug.

Kristo wrote:Not a bug, but what was solution to that 'invisible hair' problem? Had to change something in graphics card control panel? I have AMD/ATI card.... thanks! (Y)

Turn off adaptive antialiasing in your videocard settings.

A little jersey glitch I found. I probably caused it by editing the config file.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chaoot on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Liking the game, still have to adjust to the controls though.
A big disappointment (bug) is that in My Player the rookies drafted alongside you aren't actually added to the teams. So first season ends up with just three rookies (Rubio, your player and someone else I can't remember). I understand the real rookies aren't in the game, but this is just stupid.

Another thing, more a complaint, not necessarily a bug/glitch is the ridiculous trading going on by the cpu in said mode. And then there is the framerate stuttering from time to time, any known solutions for this? (I'm on ps3 by the way)
... Operari sequitur esse ...
Chaoot

Postby Jawpades16 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:25 am

mrleix_qt wrote:
SkyLine03LT wrote:
bowdown wrote:
SkyLine03LT wrote:Hey guys, does your game get stuck sometimes, then goes back to the way it was? Mine gets frozen for 1 to 10 seconds every 7 minutes or so.

Yep has started happening to me. im on the PC. The gameplay absolutely freezes for 2-4 seconds and then starts running smooth again. BTW if u are in the middle of a shot while it freezes you will not lose your timing at all. The gameplay just resumes from the freeze frame but the commentary continues on like normal through the freeze

Yeah, but you can lose the timing yourself. I was playing a double OT yesterday and shot 2 crucial free throws with Andrew Bynum, missed the first one coz if it, lost the game coz of it.

it happen to me also, two times! i can't navigate even in my desktop. im using 8x AA in video settings. but when i adjust it to 4x AA the game continues smoothly and normal. :crazyeyes:

This happened to me also.. I lowered all the settings but still, it freezes 2-4 seconds..
"I am what I am" -AI3
Jawpades16

Postby Lean on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:01 am

My Player: Game freeze after the first half. That, and no NikeID shoe appears onto the My Player unless it's in the My Player home screen or in replay mode fully zoomed in.

NBA's Greatest: Finished MJ's then nothing got unlocked or a notification that it's completed.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby dzambic_R on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:36 am

Can somebody help me, i have a problem,

In My Player mode, when i finish the 1st or the 3rd quarter, the game just crashes to desktop, no error message or anything, it just gets back to desktop,
I updated my driver, reinstalled the game, tried with some crack fixes, tried almost evertyhing,
Everything except My Player works normal, the NBA Greatest mode, Quick game, Blacktop, only the My Player mode crashes, and i want to play MP really bad, so if anybody can help me, i would be really thankful.
-----------------------------------
We Are Basketball
dzambic_R

Postby penquin11 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:01 am

Best Commentary glitch ever:

Ok at the beginning of a game in My Player mode during the lineup announcements the announcers said the following:

"They have Nash and Jordan at the 1 and 2" - True as I was started as a SG (despite the fact im a PG) next to Nash
"at the 3 they have Marion" - Also True as my team got me Marion (talk about a easy guy to make assists off of, just give this guy the ball in the paint, and bam assist!)
"And at the 4 and 5 they have Stoudemire and Gortat" - Wait WTF we dont have Stoudamire!??? Hes on the Knicks now. Nor did we have Gortat, he got traded to the Hornets a little while ago
penquin11

Postby Lunatic Wolf on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:52 pm

I had a ball tipped into the back court and it gave me an 8 second violation.
Lunatic Wolf

Postby bowdown on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Lunatic Wolf wrote:I had a ball tipped into the back court and it gave me an 8 second violation.

happened to me as well.
bowdown

Postby bowdown on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Pdub wrote:Jaosming, those are not bugs. The ball animation is by design, and that is James Worthy's famous around the rim dunk.

Ok, the second one is a bug.

Kristo wrote:Not a bug, but what was solution to that 'invisible hair' problem? Had to change something in graphics card control panel? I have AMD/ATI card.... thanks! (Y)

Turn off adaptive antialiasing in your videocard settings.

A little jersey glitch I found. I probably caused it by editing the config file.

I get that fucked up jersey (in different variations) all the time during pre-game lineups.
bowdown

Postby mpac on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:14 pm

dzambic_R wrote:Can somebody help me, i have a problem,

In My Player mode, when i finish the 1st or the 3rd quarter, the game just crashes to desktop, no error message or anything, it just gets back to desktop,
I updated my driver, reinstalled the game, tried with some crack fixes, tried almost evertyhing,
Everything except My Player works normal, the NBA Greatest mode, Quick game, Blacktop, only the My Player mode crashes, and i want to play MP really bad, so if anybody can help me, i would be really thankful.

Are you playing on PC or laptop? Try lowering your settings. Also buy a cooling pad for your machine. Based on my past experiences on playing prev versions of 2k until now, I noticed that it usually crashes when i played longer and my machine is already hot. It somewhat works on me, though I am still observing if this will work for 2k12. :) So far, I still have not encoutered the crashing the past 2 days.
mpac

Postby dj basketbol on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Playing on PC settings aren't saving properly. Game saved with Coach mode ON, but when i start go to the game coach mode is turned back to OFF.
dj basketbol

Postby agentderf009 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:25 pm

dzambic_R wrote:Can somebody help me, i have a problem,

I've been having the same problem. However, it only happens to me when I play in my laptop in lower seetings but when I play on my desktop everything's fine. The only remedy I do is not to let the game finish at the end of the quarter. I usually take timeouts 5 seconds before the 1st quarter ends then i will be subbed on the 2nd or 3rd quarter. I think it has something to do with the post quarter scenes that my laptop cannot handle, my laptop has single core AMD processor with ATI Mobilty 4270 thats why it runs only on a medium setting unlike my desktop's..

Bottomline is.. just call a timeout before the quarter ends. This will be a problem again if you'll not be subbed, just like in the case if you are already the 34 minute guy in the team. Hope this will help! :lol:
agentderf009

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12