NBA 2K12 Quick Impressions & Questions

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: NBA 2K12 Quick Impressions & Questions

Postby wade_03 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:14 pm

A question for you guys I do not have xbox live for my 360 but i really wan't to be able to go on 2k share and download files like roster updates and what not is there anyway to do that without going online or without xbox live membership? Or is there a free version of xbox live or something? sorry im new to the xbox 360 console ive been on pc all these days and man I definitely enjoy the upgrade 2k12 is amazing....i hope someone can help me
wade_03

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Gokuatruehero wrote:What are the default shoes in this game?

there are videos on youtube and a SLAM magazine article with a list iirc.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Cruzerr on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:15 am

Game itself is great. Only 5v5 Blacktop.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby koberulz on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:23 am

wade_03 wrote:A question for you guys I do not have xbox live for my 360 but i really wan't to be able to go on 2k share and download files like roster updates and what not is there anyway to do that without going online or without xbox live membership? Or is there a free version of xbox live or something? sorry im new to the xbox 360 console ive been on pc all these days and man I definitely enjoy the upgrade 2k12 is amazing....i hope someone can help me

XBox Live Silver is free. It varies from game to game what you can and can't do with a Silver membership, though, so I'm not sure if 2k Share will work without Gold.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby MJALLDAY on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:36 am

The thing I don't like is that the classic teams can't play zone, only man. It's to bad the game's designers believe the myth that you couldn't play zone in the 90's, that's nonsense. The rule for illegal defense back then was if the man you were guarding was behind the 3 point line then you couldn't fall lower than the free throw line. Teams played zone all the time, just watch the tapes. The good thing about playing with the classic teams is that there's no defensive 3 second violation, at least they got that part right.
MJALLDAY

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:42 am

MJALLDAY wrote:The thing I don't like is that the classic teams can't play zone, only man. It's to bad the game's designers believe the myth that you couldn't play zone in the 90's, that's nonsense. The rule for illegal defense back then was if the man you were guarding was behind the 3 point line then you couldn't fall lower than the free throw line. Teams played zone all the time, just watch the tapes. The good thing about playing with the classic teams is that there's no defensive 3 second violation, at least they got that part right.

Well, technically it was a part of the rules, when you put that into game it can't decipher the sometimes, or you can do it just don't go below the free throw line. Either way I know what your saying, me personally though, I like to play man, gives me a challenge guarding the games best ever :D
qfrmcpt310

Postby MJALLDAY on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:58 am

qfrmcpt310 wrote:
MJALLDAY wrote:The thing I don't like is that the classic teams can't play zone, only man. It's to bad the game's designers believe the myth that you couldn't play zone in the 90's, that's nonsense. The rule for illegal defense back then was if the man you were guarding was behind the 3 point line then you couldn't fall lower than the free throw line. Teams played zone all the time, just watch the tapes. The good thing about playing with the classic teams is that there's no defensive 3 second violation, at least they got that part right.

Well, technically it was a part of the rules, when you put that into game it can't decipher the sometimes, or you can do it just don't go below the free throw line. Either way I know what your saying, me personally though, I like to play man, gives me a challenge guarding the games best ever :D

I play man about 90% of the time but if you fall into zone every now and then you'll get some interceptions.
MJALLDAY

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:13 am

MJALLDAY wrote:
qfrmcpt310 wrote:

I play man about 90% of the time but if you fall into zone every now and then you'll get some interceptions.

Me too. The other time I'd either play 2-3 or just off the ball and jump passing lanes. Jumping the passing lanes in years past was pretty cheese against the cpu because you pretty much knew where the ball was going every single time down. Hopefully with the new playbooks and dynamic plays I can see some of what the czar was showing in the plays of the day.
qfrmcpt310

Postby fjccommish on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:31 am

Maybe I'm wrong, and if so maybe someone can explain how this can be done. But there's no way to call plays while locked onto a player other than the player who has the ball. That means in myplayer, create a legend, and even association games for people who play locked, you can only call plays from the start of the possession if you're the PG, or if you constantly call for the ball in order to call a play.

If you're locked to the SG then you have to either run the auto play, or call for the ball to call a new play.

NBA 2K11 you could call a play even if you didn't have the ball at the time.

This is a killer for people who play locked, or in modes like myplayer when you're locked as a certain player. It changes my overall impression from positive to negative.
fjccommish

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:40 am

didn't you post that in the bugs thread?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Mavs4Life on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:54 am

My Player is actaully really fun now, it used to piss me off so much, now it's problably my favorite part of the game.
Mavs4Life

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:14 am

JaoSming wrote:didn't you post that in the bugs thread?

He even made a thread just for it.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Culture Games on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:37 am

I was wondering after watching that cool intro. will the legends actually have specific animations and celebrations that are assigned to them? because depending on how they are tied to the players, im guessing they could be rearranged and reassigned in the reditor. of course theres always the chance they animated all those player specific things just for the intro

also, how does everyone think 2k implemented the way different eras are presented? Will we be able to make current games show up in black and white, or have 80's games with current presentation that they have for the current teams? Just some things im wondering
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby nextnba on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:43 am

Rookies are not in the game because of the lock out. If the lock out is resolved, a rookie patch will most likely be released with roster updates. But ironically, 2k12 has a draft options that includes some of the potential draftees for 2012. So it doesn't make much sense that they can't include 2011 rookies but can include potential 2012 rookies. But at least they released the game on time this year, even though the roster is not complete.

Someone need to create player patches because the players in the game looks awful. EA should hire some of the patchers here because their patch are much better than what EA can do. Even super star players like C. Bosh, Gasol look awful.
nextnba

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 am

nextnba wrote:Someone need to create player patches because the players in the game looks awful. EA should hire some of the patchers here because their patch are much better than what EA can do. Even super star players like C. Bosh, Gasol look awful.

EA what now?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:12 am

over my head....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby AreaOfEffect on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:17 am

Can someone simulate one season on association mode and see if the home court advantage bug is still there?
AreaOfEffect

Postby Culture Games on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:47 am

AreaOfEffect wrote:Can someone simulate one season on association mode and see if the home court advantage bug is still there?

What does that mean exactly?
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby nextnba on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:53 am

I meant 2k and not EA..getting my 2K messed up with EA. Live disappeared so naturally that 2k feels like a continuation of Live.
nextnba

Postby J@3 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:23 am

Are there any noticeable changes in offline Association mode? Like in the draft/rookies/trading system/FA signing etc
J@3

Postby Lamrock on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:41 am

Not that I know of, though you can play 14 game seasons now.
Lamrock

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:43 am

Lamrock wrote:Not that I know of, though you can play 14 game seasons now.

what?! YES (I love short seasons)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby The X on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:04 pm

AreaOfEffect wrote:Can someone simulate one season on association mode and see if the home court advantage bug is still there?

From what I've read around the place, it sounds like they have fixed the home court advantage bug.

Lamrock wrote:Not that I know of, though you can play 14 game seasons now.

I thought this was just for My Player. If so, this is great & will be my mode of choice :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:05 pm

How about the coaching carousel in Association? Is it fixed/lessened now?

Jae wrote:Are there any noticeable changes in offline Association mode? Like in the draft/rookies/trading system/FA signing etc

One part of it is not good according to this review.
AI-controlled teams tend to carry imbalanced rosters filled with too many guards
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby RedPhazon8 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:41 pm

The game reminds me of 2K9 for some odd reason. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm not too happy on how the jump shot creation came out, but I love the rosters for the legends teams, way better then 2K11's teams (in terms of how many players are real).
RedPhazon8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12