Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Postby Kenny on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Axel. wrote:Making a nice run for .500, and with some big performances like that, it's safe to say that it'll happen. :) Sucks to see Houston bottom of the standings though. (N)

It's really strange how badly they've done this season, considering that they're the defending champions and all, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a late season run. In the NBA games I've played, they've been renowned for it.

qfrmcpt310 wrote:Wow your completely beasting, Keep it up!! :D

Thanks qfrmcpt310, I shall try :)

------------------

Thanks again for the entries. Still plenty of time for anyone who hasn't put one in yet.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:12 pm

February Preview

I don't usually do this, but in February, you will see a truly special performance by My Player. Here's a snapshot of the game recap and the skill points earned:

Any guesses to where this one was played and who it was played against? First correct guess will get 50 points.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Martti. on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:48 pm

@ Staples vs Lakers. You scored 75 points. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Lakers yeah. Drop 66 on Kobe.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:01 am

Triple-double at the Staples against the Lakers. :cheeky:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Raw (2016), Vampyros Lesbos (1971), Dune: Part Two (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:12 am

badreligionau wrote:It's really strange how badly they've done this season, considering that they're the defending champions and all, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a late season run. In the NBA games I've played, they've been renowned for it.

They've also done that irl. I remember at one point this past season they were 26-31 and out of nowhere they surge and finish 43-39 (17-8 in the last 25 games). Impressive despite Yao's absence. (Y)

As for the huge game, I'd say you surpassed Kobe's 81 and got a triple-double along the way. :P
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Martti. wrote:@ Staples vs Lakers. You scored 75 points. (Y)

Yes, yes and yes. You're the first one to answer correctly :)

Cruzerr wrote:Lakers yeah. Drop 66 on Kobe.

Keep going ;)

Thierry • wrote:Triple-double at the Staples against the Lakers. :cheeky:

I will say that it's actually one of the few games were I didn't get a triple-double.

Axel. wrote:
badreligionau wrote:It's really strange how badly they've done this season, considering that they're the defending champions and all, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a late season run. In the NBA games I've played, they've been renowned for it.

They've also done that irl. I remember at one point this past season they were 26-31 and out of nowhere they surge and finish 43-39 (17-8 in the last 25 games). Impressive despite Yao's absence. (Y)

As for the huge game, I'd say you surpassed Kobe's 81 and got a triple-double along the way. :P

Well, if they were an Eastern Conference team, they'd be a perenial contender... but I don't need to tell you that ;)

As for your guess, I'll say that the triple-double prediction is incorrect... I'll let you find out about the other one.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:56 pm

February: Pre-All Star

This was a controversial time period in more ways than one:

Kenny only played 21 minutes against the Mavs, but he was good enough to get 21 points, 3 rebounds, 8 assists and 2 steals. Dirk Nowitzki led the way against his old team with 31 points to give Denver a 119-108 win.

Young was once again judged as the Player of the Week.

Kenny almost earned another triple-double against the Thunder with 28 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists and 2 steals.

But once again, the inability to guard Kevin Durant was a key factor in Denver's 122-93 loss. He ended up with 38 points.

Once again after a loss, Kenny came back in the next game with a vengence, this time with 48 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists and 3 steals. Denver won a close one against the Blazers 103-99... this would be the eye of the storm.

Kenny took to All-Defensive stopper Kobe Bryant in the game against the Lakers. He would hit a career high number of 3 pointers... the amount will be disclosed later in this report.

Young got everything he wanted in the first quarter and now shares the most points in a quarter record with Carmelo Anthony and George Gervin (33)

The first half became an absolute laugher as Kenny was on the verge of a historic game.

Records equalled and broken all round in Denver's 130-112 win against the Lakers. Kenny ended up with 83 points, 18 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals. Not only did he register a team record in points, but it's the highest total by an individual in the 3-point era, breaking Kobe's previous record. He tied the record for field goals attempted with 63. He also tied another one held by Kobe and Donyell Marshall with most 3 point hits in a game (12) and broke the record for most 3 pointers attempted with 26.

Kyle Lowry was a casualty in the win against the Lakers. Sasha Vujacic replaced him in the starting lineup.

Before that Lakers game, the Nuggets actually made a trade. The acquired Antawn Jamison and a 2014 first round pick off the Bobcats for Larry Sanders. Seems Denver stole another one.

It was always going to be difficult following that incredible game against the Lakers, but Kenny did so with a triple-double (31 points, 15 rebounds, 16 assists, 1 steal, 1 block). The Nuggets also picked up a 115-104 win against the Bulls.

Once again, Kenny and a former teammate picked up their respective Player of the Week awards.

Young was pitted against former Nuggets bench man Bob Alexander. Now a starter with the first placed Kings, he excelled with 37 points as the Kings won 125-97. Young wasn't completely embarrassed though, with a stat-line of 36 points, 9 rebounds, 12 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.

Being the PER king and the most unguarbable player wasn't enough for Kenny to make the All-Star team. I guess missing games earlier in the season cost him a spot.

With his omission from the All-Star game, Kenny took out his anger on the Sacramento Kings. He ended up with another remarkable effort with 59 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists and 1 block... but once again, the Nuggets couldn't pick up the win against the Kings, this time losing a much closer game by 117-113.

The guy who couldn't hit a single 3 in his rookie year eclipsed the 100 mark against the Warriors before the All-Star break.

Young continued to plead his case as the Nuggets won by 122-104. Kenny had 53 points, 11 rebounds, 12 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks.

So far this month he's swept the West Player of the Week awards.

Unrelated, but I thought it was an alarming headline. Hope CP3 can come back from that.

Record: 29-28
Games Played By My Player: 44
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:30 pm

:crazyeyes: wow crazy month that game in LA :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

And im guessing since CP3 broke his back he'll be gone for about 10 months
qfrmcpt310

Postby Kenny on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:26 am

February Part 2: Some Serious Noise

The wins keep coming for the Nuggets as the Noyoungski combination fires on all cylinders. They are currently undefeated post All-Star break.

The bitch is back.

Kenny's triple-double streak continued with his 30 points, 13 rebounds, 13 assists, 1 steal and 2 blocks in Denver's 110-101 win against the Spurs.

It's a time of streaks for Young as he won another Player of the Week award.

Against Melo's Pacers, Young was unstoppable with 52 points, 12 rebounds, 14 assists and 1 steal. His increased assist tally has come almost directly from Dirk's addition to the team. Nowitzki had 22. Nuggets won by 127-95.

The Nuggets are on a roll and managed to blowout the ordinary Milwaukee Bucks (118-83). From 31 minutes, Young had 31 points, 14 rebounds, 15 assists, 3 steals and 1 block. Again, his increased assists tally came as Dirk's points played a factor, as he contributed 26 points.

Kenny's triple-double streak came to an end at 5 after he failed to register one against the New Jersey Nets. However, it didn't stop the Nuggets from winning the game. The final score ended up being 106-84 as the Nuggets continue to seperate themselves from mediocre teams. Young had 29 points, 6 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks. His outstanding performances earned him his second consecutive Player of the Month award.

Record: 33-28
Game Played By My Player: 48
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:29 am

qfrmcpt310 wrote::crazyeyes: wow crazy month that game in LA :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

And im guessing since CP3 broke his back he'll be gone for about 10 months

I thought to myself at the start of the game "it'd be so awesome to break Kobe's high against the Lakers" and with the first quarter I had, it was a distinct possibility I could of had Wilt's one as well. In the end, I was really happy with the outcome.

I hope he'll be able to make it back, he's one of my favourite point guards.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:02 am

That game against the Lakers was just :bowdown2: , especially considering that you raped the shit out of them. :D Nice to see you guys are coming along well, you're playing like Perko and your team is above .500 and in a good spot to finish with a winning season.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:16 am

83 points against Kobe. Marvellous :bowdown: :bowdown2: Shame you couldn't clinch an All-Star spot.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Kenny on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Axel. wrote:That game against the Lakers was just :bowdown2: , especially considering that you raped the shit out of them. :D Nice to see you guys are coming along well, you're playing like Perko and your team is above .500 and in a good spot to finish with a winning season.

As a fellow Lakers hater, it was particularly gratifying, particularly since Kobe really had no answer for me at all. He had a decent game offensively, but he generally does, so I wasn't bothered by that. I'm excited about the playoffs; I just wish it wasn't so far away (it feels like it since I'm playing majority of the minutes now).

Thierry • wrote:83 points against Kobe. Marvellous :bowdown: :bowdown2: Shame you couldn't clinch an All-Star spot.

I think the games I missed earlier in the year hurt my chances, as they are hurting my MVP chances right now. It's a shame because my PER would suggest I'm the runaway MVP candidate.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Create-A-Caption #3

Number three involves a sportsman's gesture from My Player.

Here is my caption:

Kenny's Create-A-Caption #3 wrote:It's nice to see NBA players respect their elders.

Previous Contest

Winner (50 points): Thierry • (Kenny to Coach: Go Coach, don't be shy. Talk to that girl in the first row, I'll be your wingman. :lol:)
Runner Up (25 points): Axel. (Kenny to Coach: Coach I'm tired, all these triple-doubles wear you down. I want my Gatorade!)

qfrmcpt310, Badger and Cruzerr get 10 points each.

How To Enter

Simply use this format below and type in something clever/humorous. Try to stay away from anything overly profane or outside of the general NLSC forum rules.

Code: Select all
[b]Create-A-Caption #3:[/b] Your caption
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Ryi on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:03 pm

Create-A-Caption #3: Kenny to the player - Hey man stand up their don't be a baby and letting me stand you up!
Player to Kenny - Daddy please don't go go go go
"David Stern should get with the mothers of the NBA and let the moms decide what the dress code should be. I asked my mother if I could wear a chain, and she told me yeah. So I do stuff that my parents allow me to do."
Ryi

Postby Cruzerr on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:14 pm

Create-A-Caption #3: Kenny to Oden- I know how you felt, I too have been injured a lot.

Did I say you murdered Kobe?
Cruzerr

Postby Ryi on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:19 pm

Any 1 thing sir good luck in becoming injury-free again (Y)
"David Stern should get with the mothers of the NBA and let the moms decide what the dress code should be. I asked my mother if I could wear a chain, and she told me yeah. So I do stuff that my parents allow me to do."
Ryi

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:48 am

Kenny to Oden: "Your knees are as fragile as that of an old man... Oh wait, you are an old man."
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Told ya, I don't make any captions unless they hit gold :lol: And this time, Axel did.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Kenny on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:00 pm

March Part 1

Since I'm not getting far ahead with playing the games, I thought I'd go back to a week-by-week format for March. Also for the Raptors game, I turned the game difficulty back up to All-Star. If I stop having fun with My Player because of this, I'll have no hesitation in putting it back down to Pro. All-Star isn't a huge step as far as difficulty for my player, but the IQ for my teammates seems to drop several points, hence my problem with it. Anyway, here's how the first week of March went down:

Kenny Young makes Cole Ostertag Aldrich star in his poster once again. The Nuggets had yet another close encounter with OKC, this time winning the game by 123-121. Young had a huge performance of 48 points, 15 rebounds, 10 assists, 1 steal and 1 block. Seems like absolutely no one can stop him right now.

The major casualty from the OKC game was Ty Lawson.

He's set to sit out for the remainder of the regular season with an ailment Kenny knows all too well about. Sasha Vujacic will start at the 2, pushing Kyle Lowry into his preferred point guard position.

Proving his 83 point performance against the Lakers wasn't a fluke, Young had another big game against the pride of Los Angeles. He led the Nuggets to a 108-86 victory with 36 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists and 1 block. This game also marks the 50th straight game where Kenny has scored in double figures.

Paul Pierce along with the rest of the NBA needs to learn that Kenny Young is now a 3 point threat, as he's currently hitting a respectable 34 percent from beyond the arc.

Denver picked up their 8th straight with a 108-94 win against the Celtics. Young had 27 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals in the win... he also celebrated his 150th game in the NBA.

With the previous games of the week seemingly too easy, Kenny struggled from the field against the Raptors. 6 from 15 is down from his usual effort, but he was able to hit 100% from the charity stripe. Even in a game where he struggled, he still registered a triple-double with 22 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists and 1 block.

Denver are no longer a team that lives and dies by the game of Kenny Young. Dirk Nowitzki's incredible performance of 28 points, 9 rebounds and 5 blocks helped the Nuggets to a 110-104 win over the Raptors. The Nuggets are now charging their way up the conference standings.

Kenny Young Vs John Wall is the theme once again... and who knows, it could very well be a recurring theme throughout this story.

Record: 37-28
Games Played By My Player: 52

--------------------------------

Thanks again for all the caption contest entries. I'm probably going to do another weekly recap and then announce the winners, along with putting up a new picture.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cruzerr on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Great Streak my man. Hope you continue to dominate.
Cruzerr

Postby Kenny on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Thanks Cruzerr, it's been a great run. I'm trying to play some games on All-Star now... hopefully I can adapt to it better since my guy has a better rating now (78).
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:59 pm

March Part 2

I played this entire week on All-Star, so it'll have a slightly different complexion to the previous reports.

In the minutes Kenny played against Utah, he was efficient. 17 points off 6/9 shooting, as well as 7 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 block. But the two telling stats for him were minutes (13) and fouls (6).

Despite a 31 point effort by Dirk, the Nuggets went down to Utah by 109-100.

Another blow the Nuggets suffered was an injury to key bench contributor Marreese Speights. With him out, the likely person to fill his minutes will be Antawn Jamison.

Young had a much better game against the Bulls, with 28 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 blocked shots. He even threw in this highlight reel dunk.

But unfortunately the Bulls as a team did much better. Deng was just about unstoppable.

Kenny made it his job to attack the weak defense of the New York Knicks. He once again ended up with 28 points.

He continued on his good shot blocking form with 3, including this emphatic swat against Wilson Chandler. The Nuggets won 99-88.

Due to more foul trouble, it took Kenny until the 3rd quarter to register his first points against the Jazz.

After a slow start, he scored 23 in the fourth quarter to give the Nuggets hope. However, they ended up falling short, with the final score going the way of the Jazz 105-99. Young had 25 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists and 1 steal from 17 minutes of play.

...and more team drama...

Record: 38-31
Games Played By My Player: 56
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:13 am

Seems the difference was the difficulty this time around. Still, good to see you're capable of putting up great performances nonetheless. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood