Queen City King-2 month update + ASG!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Queen City King-2 month update + ASG!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:00 am

Queen City King

Association Settings
Team:
Game:NBA 2K12 PC
Rosters:Custom
Sliders:Custom
Season:58 Games
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Sim Length: 12 Minutes
Playoffs: 5-7-7-7
Rookies:custom
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18 am, edited 109 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:01 am

Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat May 26, 2012 9:36 am, edited 26 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

NBA and Players Progress In Talks

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:58 am

New York,New York--Today players flocked into a Manhattan hotel to try and get Pro Basketball in the USA started again. Players included: Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Amar'e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, and Blake Griffin among many more players. They all arrived to back the new proposal given by the players to the owners who will vote as to whether to approve the proposed deal or deny it. The new CBA proposal reportedly will include a new performance based wage scale while maintaining the players' current BRI. The players also agreed to cut total contracts back, but only by 150 million instead of the 400 million the NBA owners wanted over a month ago.
NBA Commissioner David Stern said yesterday that, "within the next 3 days a deal SHOULD be completed, if it is not we don't see one getting done in the near future." He was also asked about the owners unwillingness to create revenue sharing system similar to the NFL's, "We are not the MLB nor the NFL, yes awhile ago our owners didn't see it as in the best interest for our league, but as of today we do plan to create one so that our league isn't too top heavy. Of course competition is what people want to see, but you must also remember we cannot control a players interest in certain markets and franchises. We hope that the new revenue sharing model will help give our smaller markets a fighting chance against big markets."

Later the NBA announced that it's partnership ESPN was bought being bought out for 5 billion dollars by the NBA, 1 billion more than ESPN-ABC had paid for renewal of the TV deal. The reasoning behind this according to NBA officials was that they felt "The NBA was reaching another all time high and needed to maximize visibility which it was currently not accomplishing under the ESPN and ABC Networks. We thank ESPN and ABC for their commitment and great coverage for the past decade."
Ending this deal of course leads many to speculate as to who the NBA has agreed to sign a TV deal with including many to believe they may have an NFL type TV deal on tap.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

The Lockout Ends!/NBC Regains TV Rights

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:59 pm

New York,New York--Rejoice everyone,The NBA is back! today both the players and owner ratified a deal that will keep the two sides at peace for another 10 years. Now that a CBA has been agreed to the NBA and it's teams have a lot of catching up to do with missing the offseason, training camps being among the many things on the to do-list.
"Im just glad that it's over and we can move on and play some games" Derek Fisher said after being in the 3 hour long session today."We just went in there and got things done no questions asked. No more playing around you know. Our fans wanted games, we want to play, and both sides want to continue being successful business partners in this so it was now or never" LeBron James said of the discussions today.

The NBA will be hectic over the next few weeks sorting out everything to get ready for the regular season. As a result the NBA Pre-season has been cancelled. Here's the schedule of how everything will break down:

Trades,Signings,Waivers begin October 5th
NBA Summer League begins October 6th ends October 17th
Training Camps open October 19th through October 26th

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Scorching The Earth:Association/MP Story:Lockout Continu

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:38 pm

NBA Strikes New Deal With NBC For Billions

New Deal Worth up to 12 billion in league wide revenue for duration of contract

By Bill Plasche
October 4th, 2011|12:06 p.m.

Last week ESPN reported that the NBA broke the contract with the company for 5 billion dollars. Now, the NBA has revealed it's new(in a sense) broadcast partner, NBC. The network somehow convinced the league to turn over the rights with two main selling points, more nationally televised games, which means more exposure for both the NBA and NBC, and of course the money. It is reported that the deal is worth up to 8 billion dollars over 10 years with a maximum of 10 billion dallars over 12 years."We are excited and proud to welcome back our NBA family. We should have never broken bond over a decade ago and we hope this time around we can keep along this great path we are about to go down. With the leagues' ever increasing popularity not only across the country, but even more so today across the globe, we are thrilled to have such a great product on our schedule of programming."
NBC will air up to 10 national games some weeks. They will air one game on Mondays and Tuesdays, double headers on Fridays, and Wednesdays with triple headers Sundays, while TNT will keep the Thursday Night double headers.

bill.plasche@latimes.com

twitter.com/latimesplasche
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Sophmore Games in Chicago Open

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Chicago,Il--Today the NBA introduced a new set of summer camp games for invited sophomore players aimed at gaining an early analysis of players conditioning before teams open training camps. There are three games over the course of three days that will see players switch teammates each game. The games will take place in A.T.T.A.C.K. Athletics Gym here in Chicago, Illinois, the NBA hopes the games catch on,"We feel this should benefit our 2nd year players by creating an even better work ethic early on in their careers especially considering how young most of them come into the league now. Hopefully this can become a bigger event in the next few years, not only here in Chicago, but possibly in every major NBA city," Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver said.
The games start today and end October 8th. The games will feature John Wall, Evan Turner, Demarcus Cousins, Wesley Johnson, Eric Bledsoe, Epke Udoh, Greg Monroe, Derrick Favors, Al-Farouq Aminu, Xavier Henry, and to fill out the team the NBA selected a Pro AM standout from Compton, Ca. who last year tried out for the Bakersfield Jam, but left before the tryouts were over. Then, at 6'1 and not in basketball condition, he didn't succeed in his plan to join the D-league team and go on to play for an NBA team. Now standing at an 6'9 he is one of the most intriguing players to watch during these games.
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Calloway Shines In Chicago Garners Interest

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:42 pm

phpBB [video]

Quincy Calloway made quite an impression on league executives and scouts for someone who had only played in one organized basketball game before the Sophomore Camp in Chicago.
Just a year earlier Calloway left a Bakersfield Jam tryout before being cut, "I felt I was over my head at the time. I wasn't prepared physically the way I wanted to be, but mostly mentally. If your not going to be focused and give it your full effort out on the floor then your not going to succeed" he said. Coming in no one even knew who he was besides South Central LA Streetballers who played against him in the now 'infamous' Drew League."He's going to be a beast once he learns how to use his new size against opponents" Dino Smiley Commissioner of the Drew League said."He has heart, and determination, not to mention the work ethic, and his now natural given gifts from God."
After the first day of the newly developed Sophomore Games it was clearly apparent what Quincy had been invited for and what he might be capable of in the future if given the chance. By the 3rd day, and last game in Chicago, Quincy had dazzled everyone from the likes of Danny Ainge, Pat Riley, and Billy King to even Kobe Bryant who even said "I'd love to rough him up at practice in front of his folks."

When asked what he thought his chances were of being signed by an NBA team he said "I don't know, you know. I'm trying to stay optimistic and just play basketball. Of course I'm still gonna have some skeptics out there doubting whether I can ball because of my lack of organized experience, but If I know how to play it shouldn't matter. Playing in AAU in middle school and getting a bunch of exposure and hype doesn't make you better than someone. You still have to work and go out there and prove it."
Game 1
34 points, 14 rebounds, 4 blocks, 3 assists, 2 steals
Game 2
38 points, 16 rebounds, 2 blocks, 3 assists
Game 3
50 points, 18 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 blocks, 1 steal

Whether he is signed by a team or not, it seems pretty idiotic to think this kid doesn't have potential. His detractors might have a gripe with his inexperience, but does that stop teams from drafting a Biyombo, Olajuwon, or Ibaka? No. And if his Stats from these games, against NBA caliber talent was any indication, he'll be somewhere in the league this year.

Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Scorching The Earth: Sophmore Games in Chicago Open

Postby Warlock95 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Kobe wants Lakers to sign Calloway? That's an offer you shouldn't refuse, unless Lebron tries to get you to play in Miami instead.
I once had a decent signature, then it took an arrow to the knee.
Warlock95

Re: Scorching The Earth: Sophmore Games in Chicago Open

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:32 pm

Grand Theft 2K11 : DUB Edition wrote:Kobe wants Lakers to sign Calloway? That's an offer you shouldn't refuse, unless Lebron tries to get you to play in Miami instead.

Yeah you get noticed by that guy you must have some type of talent :cool:
qfrmcpt310

Re: Calloway Shines In Chicago Garners Interest

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:09 am

Hey dude, awesome association. Im sorry that I did not use your Cavs forms :P, but I will certainly follow :P
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Hg8Harrier on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:05 am

Glad to see you're choosing to write ESPN out of the story. NBC was a far better / classier production. Pleasepleaseplease have the Draft through TNT, too!

Anyone else getting a little crazy without the Vegas Summer League?

BTW, the way I see it, Calloway should go to a team that does not have a history with dominant bigs; perhaps Sacto or Atlanta. Make a legacy that is uniquely his!
Hg8Harrier

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Cruzerr wrote:Hey dude, awesome association. Im sorry that I did not use your Cavs forms :P, but I will certainly follow :P

No problem and Thanx bro
qfrmcpt310

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Hg8Harrier wrote:Glad to see you're choosing to write ESPN out of the story. NBC was a far better / classier production. Pleasepleaseplease have the Draft through TNT, too!

Anyone else getting a little crazy without the Vegas Summer League?

BTW, the way I see it, Calloway should go to a team that does not have a history with dominant bigs; perhaps Sacto or Atlanta. Make a legacy that is uniquely his!

Thanks, Im glad this idea intrigued you. I felt the NBA messed up leaving NBC.

Also I do plan on being signed by a team that isn't known for its bigs :wink:
qfrmcpt310

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Guys expect Summer league games, where im going to play and FA news tomorrow :mrgreen:
qfrmcpt310

Calloway Stars In Vegas Summer League:Decision Next!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:38 pm

phpBB [video]

After his 3 dominate games in Chicago Quincy Calloway was assigned to play for the Memphis Grizzlies Summer League team who had an opening for him to play. Not only did he take it, but he was better than anyone there. Climaxing with his 2nd game in Vegas where he scored a whopping 43 points grabbed 20 rebounds and rejected 2 shots and dished out 3 assists.

"My mom came to see me play this week so I tried to play to the best of my abilities. It was her 2nd time ever coming to Vegas and I wanted to make it a little special for her" Quincy said after being asked why he played so well. When asked what teams were interested in picking him up he didn't want to give a specific answer,"Uhmm, I can't really tell you who I'm favoring at this point, but there is interest from about 10 different teams."

While Quincy may be lighting up the pro am circuits and NBA Camps, some players don't think his game will translate well to the NBA."It might, but I don't think he's going to do well in the NBA. Most players that can play outstanding streetball or play well on Summer Circuits don't turn out to be NBA All-Stars," Miami Heat Foward LeBron James said of today.

Sources confirmed with ESPN today that the 10 teams believed to be pursuing Calloway within most circles are the, Phoenix Suns, Detroit Pistons, Toronto Raptors, Houston Rockets, New Orleans Hornets, Charlotte Bobcats, New Jersey Nets, Indiana Pacers, Philadelphia 76ers, and Milwaukee Bucks.

Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Calloway Vegas Hit-Decision Help!:Chandler to Heat!!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:12 pm

phpBB [video]

Tyson Chandler who many thought would resign with the Dallas Mavericks has shocked the basketball world and signed with the Miami Heat for the full mid-level exception at 5 yr/$35 million.
The Heat already favorites after loosing to Chandler's Mavericks in last years NBA Finals, now fill one of their few flaws from last season.
Chandler will boost the Heat's already top 5 defense and also bring rebounding and energy.

The Heat have now turned their attention to filling their starting point guard hole. Sources say the Heat are now in discussions with the Denver Nuggets for guard Andre Miller.

Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Postby Radioman on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 am

I really like this one. Inventive presentation and very entertaining. I voted for Philadelphia and Phoenix.
Radioman

Postby rise on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:00 am

My man Tyson to the Heat? Champions. I'll say it now.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Martti. on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:00 am

Awesome video man! Love it! (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Radioman wrote:I really like this one. Inventive presentation and very entertaining. I voted for Philadelphia and Phoenix.

Thanks hope you continue to enjoy this one

z02 wrote:My man Tyson to the Heat? Champions. I'll say it now.

Lol, yeah they have a nasty starting 5 now and the bench isn't to bad either

Martti. wrote:Awesome video man! Love it! (Y)

Thanks Martti. Coming from someone with a great association like yours it means alot.

Huge Update tomorrow with every free agent move and expect some BIG suprises :mrgreen:
qfrmcpt310

W2TC Of Brotherly Love:Andre Miller headed to South Beach!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:37 am

The Miami Heat continued to improve upon the nucleus of Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh by acquiring Veteran NBA point guard Andre Miller from the Denver Nuggets today.

The Heat will send Mike Miller and Mario Chalmers to Denver for Andre Miller and Denver's 2013 1st round pick.

The deal is scheduled for completion later today after a trade call with the league office.

Read more >>
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

W2TC Of Brotherly Love:Nene resigns w/ Nuggets!!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:47 pm

phpBB [video]

Nene chooses to stay in Denver on after accepting a 5yr/$78.8M deal.
Houston was the other front runner for the talented centers services who need a big man after the announcement over the summer that Yao Ming would retire from the NBA.
Nene did say he wanted to be more of the focal point in an offense and Houston Head Coach Kevin McHale promised that to Nene, but ultimately Nene chose to stay within a more team oriented approach to winning.

Other signings today include Chuck Hayes signing a 3yr/$19.87M deal with New Jersey, Andre Kirilenko signing a 3yr/$12.18M deal with the Knicks who also signed Jamal Magloire to a 1yr/473k deal.
A full list of todays signings is on the list below:

Name
Jason Kapono
Kwame Brown
Tony Battie
Ryan Hollins
Maurice Evans
Ben Uzoh
Reggie Evans
Jeff Foster
Shane Battier
T.J. Ford
Anthony Parker
Tracy McGrady
Marcus Thorton
James Jones
Delonte West
Grant Hill
Kris Humphries
Carl Landry
Mike Dunleavy
Josh Howard
Contract
1yr/$473k
1yr/$4.05M
1yr/$473k
1yr/$473k
1yr/$835k
1yr/$1.28M
1yr/$473k
1yr/$1.02M
1yr/$1.82M
1yr/$4.27M
1yr/$1.13M
1yr/$5.76M
1yr/$4.73M
1yr/$2.72M
1yr/$4.46M
1yr/$4.33M
3yr/$12.08M
4yr/$35.37M
3yr/$21.25M
2yr/$10.44M
Team
Heat
Celtics
Magic
Lakers
Bucks
Hawks
Blazers
Pacers
Grizzlies
Warriors
Warriors
Thunder
Bobcats
Hawks
Spurs
Suns
Nets
Pacers
Pacers
Raptors

Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

David West teams with Superman!: Win tickets 2 Cirque Du Sol

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Orlando Magic sign Former All-Star David West, trade Brandon Bass back to Mavericks

By Josh Robbins
Orlando Sentinel

2:25 p.m. EDT, October 22nd, 2011

The Orlando Magic have acquired former All-Star Foward David West today after he signed a 3 year/$19 million deal. The Magic, who have been steadily declining since their unexpected Finals run in 2009, have been loosing cap space and productive young players for the last two seasons in trying to appease Superstar Center Dwight Howard who becomes a free agent after this season.

Howard has been using his impending departure as a threat to Orlando Magic management who have been making trades that have crippled the teams immediate future. The trade last December for Gilbert Arenas, Hedo Turkoglu, and Jason Richardson was a monumental failure that also depleted the teams cap space for the next few seasons. The year before that Magic GM Otis Smith traded one of the NBA Finals teams' bright spots, Courtney Lee, for an aging Vince Carter.
The signing of David West is a great pickup not only for the team, but to show Dwight how committed ownership is to winning.

The Magic in an effort to replace guard Jason Richardson have acquired Xavier Henry in a 3-team trade with the Memphis Grizzlies and Dallas Mavericks. The Magic will send Brandon Bass and DeAndre Liggins to the Dallas Mavericks who will send Rodrique Beaubois to Memphis and Corey Brewer to Orlando.

jbrobbins@tribune.com. Read his blog at
OrlandoSentinel.com/magicblog. Subscribe to our
Orlando Magic newsletter at OrlandoSentinel.com/joinus.

Copyright © 2011, Orlando Sentinel

Win tickets to Cirque du Soleil: Dralion
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: W2TC Of Brotherly Love:Crawford 2 LaLa Land/Major FA upd

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Jamal Crawford Headed to Hollywood

The Lakers have acquired former 6th man of the year Jamal Crawford

By Bill Plasche
October 22nd, 2011|2:06 p.m.

The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired former 6th man of the year Jamal Crawford today, after announcing he'd sign a 1 year/ $5.76 million deal. The Lakers have been plagued by a wildly unpredictable bench for over 3 years. Jamal will now provide instant offense and a solid 2nd scoring option off the bench besides Lamar Odom. Jamal will also be a legitimate backup for Kobe Bryant and if need be Head Coach Mike Brown can use Jamal at the point in spurts. The team now boasts a 2nd unit that rivals some teams starting units.
The depth chart now breaks down as follows:

Starters
PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Metta World Peace
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum
2nd Unit
PG Steve Blake
SG Jamal Crawford
SF Matt Barnes
PF Lamar Odom
C Ryan Hollins
3rd Unit
PG Darius Morris
SF Devin Ebanks
SF Luke Walton
PF Derrick Caracter

Jamal and Ryan Hollins will arrive tomorrow for their introductory press conferences at the Lakers practice facilities in El Segundo, Ca.

bill.plasche@latimes.com

twitter.com/latimesplasche
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: W2TC Of Brotherly Love:Crawford 2 LaLa Land/Major FA upd

Postby azid on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Wow. Nice thread right here. Also love about the video story. Keep it up bro.

Hear The Thunder Roar - An Oklahoma City Thunder Association
azid

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood