Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Postby Houndy on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:04 am

Carrying your team like a true superstar (Y)
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Martti. on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:01 am

Holy shit, the haircut did wonders to your game. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Kenny on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Justine. wrote:WOW at those performances :crazyeyes: :bowdown2: Gun for the MVP Young!

I'll definitely try for it, but I think missing those games at the start of the season might affect my cause.

Houndy wrote:Carrying your team like a true superstar (Y)

Trying to; but as you'll read in the next update, some great help is on the way ;)

Martti. wrote:Holy shit, the haircut did wonders to your game. (Y)

I think it's made my guy more aerodynamic :lol:
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:23 pm

January Part 1: Help Is Coming

In this update, Denver dominated the headlines, as well as their breakout star:

Kenny's improved range on his jumpshot is continually catching opponents out. He only played 25 minutes against the Grizzlies, but it was long enough to get him 25 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal and 1 block. Denver won by a score of 101-91.

When it comes to the Player Efficiency Rating, Young has been in a class of his own this season. He is leading the league with a PER of 38.59. The next closest rival is LeBron James with 30.65

Denver made the move that was sure to shake up the Western Conference. They acquired Dirk Nowitzki and a 2014 second round pick off Dallas for Francisco Garcia and Brad Miller. It's likely to go down as one of the most lop-sided trades of all time.

All the sudden, Kenny has massive help out there and Denver have a side that can contend in the playoffs.

Strangely enough, the Nuggets first game with Dirk came against the Bucks (the first team to give him up in a historically lop-sided trade). While Dirk's debut was meaningful with 20 points and 10 rebounds, Young continued to carry the team with 33 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal and 2 blocks. Nuggets thrash the Bucks 103-79

The Nuggets had a close game with the Bobcats, winning 93-91. With two high profile offensive weapons, the 50-50 games are starting to go in favour of Denver. Young had 28 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals and 1 block.

With Dirk on the team, Bob Alexander's minutes copped another hit and he became more adament about being traded.

It seemed like this was one of the few shots that Marc Gasol didn't block. Kenny managed to have a productive game with 25 points, 5 rebounds, 12 assists and 2 steals, but the Nuggets were out-classed by an impressive Grizzlies outfit. Memphis ended up destroying Denver 120-87.

Dirk's first game back in Dallas, He had 20 points and 9 rebounds, but he was outplayed by Michael Beasley, who destroyed Denver with 32 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals. Where did Kenny fit in this picture? He had probably his worst performance of the season. Due to foul trouble, he lasted only 14 minutes, posting a stat-line of 14 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists and a block. Mavs won 113-102.

Young snapped out of his funk in a big way against the Celtics. When teams put smaller defenders against him, he has become excellent at making them pay dearly...

...As 33 points in the first half would illustrate. He ended up with an incredible 55 points, 8 rebounds, 11 assists, 5 steals and 3 blocks. He also shot 7-15 from beyond the arc as the Nuggets routed the Celtics 117-88.

His hot form continued against the Pistons.

Jerebko was made a part of this patented Kenny Young poster.

As the headline suggests, Nuggets won a tight one against the Pistons 106-105. Young had 41 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.

Here's a new face in the team named Dwight Bender. He came over from the Sacramento Kings in a trade that saw Bob Alexander finally leave the Nuggets. He had an impressive debut for Denver with 19 points and 7 rebounds.

But once again all eyes were on Kenny Young. His triple-double effort of 46 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists, 4 steals and 1 block helped Denver blowout Orlando by 115-97

Kenny had 42 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 1 block against the 3rd placed 76ers, but the most telling stat? He also had 6 fouls. This ultimately hurt Denver's cause as they went down 120-113.

With some extraordinary stats, Kenny broke Kobe's streak of weekly awards. Young now averages 31 points per game after an injury affected start to the season.

Record: 18-24
Games Played by My Player: 29
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby rise on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:28 pm

If Dirk was traded like that, I'd slap someone.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Martti. on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Dirk for Garcia and Brad Miller? Hahaa, you should def make a Playoff run now. How did Beasley end up in Dallas?
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Houndy on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Damn, Dirk on the Nuggets. In this MP, I will live with it. If that happened in real life, Dallas Riots :lol:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Murat on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:26 am

Wow, the best move of Mavericks ever seen. jk.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:05 am

Man, loving that lineup now (Y) Also you are the PER king! Don't stop this.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:59 am

either dirk was angry at his team.....or theres a conspiracy afoot lol :shock: :twisted:
Solaris Phase Two

Postby Kenny on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:41 pm

z02 wrote:If Dirk was traded like that, I'd slap someone.

I probably would too. As much as it'd please me to see Dirk in Denver, I'd probably want to slap Mark Cuban if he was that much of a moron in real life :lol:

Martti. wrote:Dirk for Garcia and Brad Miller? Hahaa, you should def make a Playoff run now. How did Beasley end up in Dallas?

I think the Beast signed with Dallas as a free agent looking at his career stats. He's played all games with the Mavs so far this season and he actually took Dirk's starting spot (when Dirk was traded to Denver, he was the leading candidate for 6-man :crazyeyes:).

Hopefully with Dirk I can atleast make the playoffs this season.

Houndy wrote:Damn, Dirk on the Nuggets. In this MP, I will live with it. If that happened in real life, Dallas Riots :lol:

The funny thing is, this isn't the first time in either of my stories that Denver has ripped off Dallas when it comes to Nowitzki :lol:

Badger wrote:Wow, the best move of Mavericks ever seen. jk.

Perhaps Mark Cuban felt like a karma realignment was in order after the way Dallas got Dirk in the first place :P

Thierry • wrote:Man, loving that lineup now (Y) Also you are the PER king! Don't stop this.

I'll stick with this until either:

1) My guy has a 10+ year career
or
2) Is forced to retire because of his chronic ankle problems.

Hoping it's the first option :)

Dmastawwe wrote:either dirk was angry at his team.....or theres a conspiracy afoot lol :shock: :twisted:

Or it was a salary decision by the Mavs. I'm guessing both Garcia and Miller probably have sizable expiring contracts, so maybe it's an attempt to rebuild the franchise. I'm actually quite a fan of Brad Miller, but I didn't get to play a single game with him. As for Garcia, I was getting pretty sick of his brick shooting :lol:
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Create-A-Caption #1

On the first page of this thread, Thierry suggested a caption contest. Being as I didn't think this was popular enough to sustain such an idea, I was reluctant to do so, but since my updates are bi-monthly in game, I thought I'd put one in between posts. I will of course put in my own caption as well just for fun. Not sure how the points will be distributed or where they'll be used; I'll probably have them carry over to a future dynasty/association story that'll involve NLSC players. Let's see if this thing gets off the ground.

The first picture includes everyone's favourite machine... here's my caption:

Kenny's Create-A-Caption #1 wrote:Kenny says to Sasha: "It's okay, you won't get blamed for EVERYTHING in Denver."

How To Enter

Simply use this format below and type in something clever/humorous. Try to stay away from anything overly profane or outside of the general NLSC forum rules.

Code: Select all
[b]Create-A-Caption #1:[/b] Your caption
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cruzerr on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:10 am

Kenny To Sasha: The only reason I am giving you a high-five, is Sharapova.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Murat on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 am

Kenny To Sasha: Great play, but what's again, I like you because of your wife.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:30 am

Dirk in Denver. (Y) That should at least get you guys above .500, shame you couldn't beat Beasley's Mavericks though.

Kenny to Sasha: If you give me a pre-game ritual like you did with Kobe in LA, you will be liked here in Denver.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:49 am

Wow Dirk should really help you reach the playoffs this year!

Kenny to Sasha:Yes Im better than Kobe, but don't worry I trust my teamates :D
qfrmcpt310

Postby Kenny on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:39 am

Axel. wrote:Dirk in Denver. (Y) That should at least get you guys above .500, shame you couldn't beat Beasley's Mavericks though.

qfrmcpt310 wrote:Wow Dirk should really help you reach the playoffs this year!

Chances of making the playoffs have definitely gone up since that trade. In the end, I'd be happy with an 8th seed. Anything above that is just an added bonus right now.

-------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who has posted a caption so far. The winner and runner up will be posted on the next contest. For those of you who haven't put in an entry, there's still time :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:42 am

January Part 2: Edging To .500

After struggling in the first few months of the season, Denver are now one of the hottest teams in the league after this update:

Kenny had yet another explosive performance, this time against the New Jersey Nets.

Young's defense left a little to be desired as he let Jamal Winter finish with 46 points. But he managed to out-gun his opposite number by scoring 48 points to go with 12 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals and 1 block. Nuggets win 119-106. Nene had 20 points and 12 rebounds.

The Nuggets recorded an incredibly emphatic win against the Knicks. The score? How's 138-78 for a win? And Kenny's contribution? He was 2 steals away from a quadruple-double and 2 blocks away from a 5x5 with 33 points, 11 rebounds, 12 assists, 8 steals and 3 blocks. Surely performances like this will get him some MVP votes at the end of the season.

Even though you could argue this was one of his more quiet games throughout the month, just about any player would take a stat-line of 18 points, 17 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals and 1 block. Every player would also take a 98-79 win against the Clippers, that's for sure.

Once again, Young's impressive numbers to start with overshadowed his usual matador defense.

Like most teams in the NBA, the Hornets simply couldn't contain Young's involvement in the game. He registered another triple-double with 27 points, 14 rebounds, 12 assists, 1 steal and 1 block. Nuggets picked up yet another impressive win with a 111-84 scoreline over the Hornets.

Two former Washington teammates won the Player of the Week award for their respective conference. This is not the last mention Washington will get in this summary.

Meanwhile, the Nuggets will be without their star bench player Dwight Bender for a few games.

Denver had a slow first half against the Jazz, as Utah jumped out to a 58-47 lead at halftime.

Two quickfire threes by Young in the 3rd quarter brought Denver back into the game.

Despite more triple-double heroics from Kenny Young (27 points, 16 rebounds, 13 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks), Utah came away with a 105-103 win off Al Jefferson's game winning layup. Nene had the chance to tie it up with a contested hook shot, but he missed.

Young took the previous loss personally and made it his mission to make the first seeded Western Conference team suffer.

He equalled his career best effort. Perhaps 61 should be his jersey number next season.

But points weren't the only stat Kenny was plentiful in, he also had 16 rebounds, 13 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks. Denver won 131-106.

Sarunus Vujanic had the look of fear in his eyes and why not? Kenny always has a lot to prove against the team that drafted him.

The Wizards can't help but think what could have been. Since leaving Washington, Young has become a more complete offensive player. While with the Wizards, he didn't sink a single 3 point shot, but in this game alone, he landed 8 from beyond the arc. He started another streak of 50+ point games with 59 points, 17 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 2 blocks. Denver win 115-108 and the Wizards remain at the bottom of the Eastern Conference.

After carrying his team to 8th place in the Western Conference, is the monthly award a surprise to anyone?

Record: 24-25
Games Player By My Player: 36

-----------------------

I'd like to quickly remind people that if you're interested in checking out my numbers so far this season, My Player's raw stats for the season are progressively being posted on the second post in this thread on the first page.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Standings At The Beginning Of February

EAST

Miami 36-14
Chicago 32-15
Philadelphia 28-21
Atlanta 27-21
Toronto 27-22
New York 25-22
Indiana 23-22
Orlando 23-24
---
Milwaukee 22-26
Boston 22-26
Cleveland 19-28
Detroit 19-29
Charlotte 19-30
New Jersey 17-30
Washington 14-33

WEST

Golden State 31-16
Sacramento 30-16
LA Lakers 28-17
Oklahoma City 29-19
Portland 28-19
Minnesota 26-21
Memphis 27-22
Denver 24-25
---
Utah 22-25
New Orleans 21-26
Phoenix 20-27
LA Clippers 20-28
San Antonio 19-28
Houston 19-30
Dallas 17-32
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Create-A-Caption #2

Caption contest number 2 is now up. Thanks to all the great entries for the inaugeral contest featuring Sasha Vujacic. This time around it involves My Player and his coach Paul Westphal. The best caption wins 50 points, the runner up gets 25 and all the other participants get 10.

Of course, with every caption contest I'll throw in my own caption that won't get calculated in the results. Here it is:

Kenny's Create-A-Caption #2 wrote:"Hide me Paul! Francisco is throwing up bricks again!"

Previous Contest

Winner (50 points): Cruzerr (Kenny To Sasha: The only reason I am giving you a high-five, is Sharapova.)
Runner Up (25 points): qfrmcpt310 (Kenny to Sasha:Yes Im better than Kobe, but don't worry I trust my teamates :D)

Axel. and Badger get 10 points each.

How To Enter

Simply use this format below and type in something clever/humorous. Try to stay away from anything overly profane or outside of the general NLSC forum rules.

Code: Select all
[b]Create-A-Caption #2:[/b] Your caption
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:19 am

Making a nice run for .500, and with some big performances like that, it's safe to say that it'll happen. :) Sucks to see Houston bottom of the standings though. (N)

Kenny to Coach: Coach I'm tired, all these triple-doubles wear you down. I want my Gatorade!
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:09 am

Kenny to Coach: Go Coach, don't be shy. Talk to that girl in the first row, I'll be your wingman. :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:54 am

Wow your completely beasting, Keep it up!! :D

Kenny to Coach:Coach whats that crawling?!!? Looks like LeBrons' clutch gene!!!
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Postby Murat on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:07 am

Kenny to Coach: Help me Paul opponents are coming on me!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:08 am

Kenny to Coach: Cmon man, do the dougie. You can do it better then Wall, see !
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood