NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #1

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #1

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:27 am

With the community site being shut down, looks like they're posting them on the Facebook page this year. Anyway, you can check out the first one here.

Key points:

- Update on the current polls for the remaining ten legends for NBA's Greatest
- Complete rosters and a breakdown of NBA's Greatest will be coming next Friday
- Insights about gameplay, My Player, online etc will be coming
- Some new high-res screenshots, featuring current players.

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #1

Postby gio23 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:02 am

wow, techlift sleeves :D

Mine is Louder than Yours!
gio23

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:13 am

the necks look unnatural compared to the head and body. :|
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Mavs4Life on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:12 pm

shadowgrin wrote:the necks look unnatural compared to the head and body. :|

Agreed

The sleeves :mrgreen:
Mavs4Life

Postby JaoSming on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:11 pm

I noticed the sleeves as well, and hopefully they finally got rid of the old school scrolling dornas and replaced them with digital ones.

nice write up and next week should be interesting with the reveal.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby The Greatest10 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:24 pm

based on my observation:
faces: they got bass face right with smoothness, Lebron's beard, J-Smoove face is actually realistic with his beard, hedo too, nelson,rondo, KG and also jermaine too look at him closely in high res then zoom
tatoos: lebron's tats is right but lacking in the leg, J-smoove also is right with more darkening also LBJ i dont think if nelson's tats is right if it's the current one also bass all tatoos are darken alot which is more realisticly good
facial expression: they got Lebron's right expression when dunking( :evil: ) also KG, etc.
presentation: the camera's flashing are now more realisticly right because unlike in 2k11 the camera flash would appear when a player would attempt to dunk which is unrealistic this year it is been set when dunking the camera flash right to the point, new net, rim is more detailed, the chant slam is right when dunking
Accessories: are correct now long sleeve pad for legs with socks, and different knee pad, techfit :cheeky:
skin tones: with white player they got it right with smooth appearance, and also in the black like KG is more realistically darken
shoes: there are still generic but dont be dissapointed coz its a first taste of the screens
thats all pls comment more hehehe
Joe Dumars is best defender to him but not for long because he showed up already his skills in to the world that no best defender could guard him
The Greatest10

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:32 pm

The Greatest10 wrote:presentation: the camera's flashing are now more realisticly right because unlike in 2k11 the camera flash would appear when a player would attempt to dunk which is unrealistic this year it is been set when dunking the camera flash right to the point, new net, rim is more detailed, the chant slam is right when dunking

That doesn't make any sense at all. :?
Do you really think that in real life photographers are psychic or have lightning fast reflexes to know as when to take a photo in the exact moment of a dunk or shot? They anticipate what will happen and take multiple shots of it. The best pic out of the bunch that captured the moment eventually ends up that are regarded as the 'poster'

You're just nitpicking. I'm sorry but your observation and comment is one of the stupidest things I have read so far and I have seen a lot of stupid comments from people when criticizing the game.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby kobebryant24 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:19 pm

From what i saw in this pictures the new things are :arm sleeves,correct headband color and a couple of new faces; everything else it's still the same. I think 2k are showing us in those pictures that they have updated the accessories from 2k11.
To be THE BEST...... you have to be THE BEST !
kobebryant24

Postby justinpot on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:47 pm

..still the double rubbers on lebron -.-
justinpot

Postby POLISH_BOY on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:55 am

Accesories colours fu*ked up once again! This really makes me mad. Rondo's knee pads for instance should be white as long as Celtics are playing at home. They should give us an ability to set accesory colour separete for home and away. That's not a lot of work, but it would make the game look more realistic.

Some other things that I want to mention:

- nice to see those adidas sleeves, hope to see them in other colours too
- double rubberbands on LBJ wrists once again they should get rid of 'em finally
- Jameer Nelson look is improved a lil but it's still veeeeery far away from reality (maybe there is a problem within him, because I remember that his look was always inaccurate in all NBA video games ever made)

Cant wait for further insights!
POLISH_BOY

Postby Phraynk on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:17 am

ugh.... i'm waiting for a 2K game where the graphics are noticably BETTER, they're nice, and crisp, but I wanna see a big change in graphics, and honestly it looks the same as 2K11. Almost exactly the same. Dissapointing.
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess."
Phraynk

Postby JaoSming on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:56 am

it's not really needed, especially after the graphical jump between 2k8 and 2k9.

...you gotta remember what 2k used to look like to appreciate it I guess
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby XPviper on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:03 am

I love how people are always complaining about same ridiculous things, like accesory colours :D Well, I know that for some of you guys it's important for some reason, but can't you see other cool stuff they are adding to the game? Instead of crying for unnecesary thing like accesory or sock colour, why can't you see that they are adding new physics engine, revamped post game, 1000+ new animations and other stuff that''s not even announced yet. Instead in all threads with new info about 2kXX game you can only see wrong accesory coloring. I am a big NBA fan and I watch many games, but I never notice those kinds of things on screenshots or in-game. People, stop being such whiners and nitpickers..
XPviper

Postby The Greatest10 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 am

@shadowgrin
im criticizing ? i think your the one who is criticizing in fact I'm just sharing my thoughts about the screenies do you have any problem with that, im not starting to hot this thread but dont mind other peoples comment mind your own business, lets be grateful to each others comment respect others comment man. Your the one who's just fun of making other peoples comment bad, im not upset im just saying thats what i observed here. It's like your making the nba 2k12 game just making your own thoughts and developement.

@shadowgrin i would ask you this when did you all forsake yourself for gaming?

You know im not starting anything but disrespecting others people comment means minding others people bussiness just mind your own just be cool, relax, understand first chill k I'm not angry im just saying

Sorry admins.
Joe Dumars is best defender to him but not for long because he showed up already his skills in to the world that no best defender could guard him
The Greatest10

Postby Mavs4Life on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:59 am

Phraynk wrote:ugh.... i'm waiting for a 2K game where the graphics are noticably BETTER, they're nice, and crisp, but I wanna see a big change in graphics, and honestly it looks the same as 2K11. Almost exactly the same. Dissapointing.

2k11's graphics were amazing, so I their wasn't a big reason for graphic changes. Like you said it's nice and crisp.
Mavs4Life

Postby volsey on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:06 am

Nothing wrong with 2k11 graphics, regardless these are all replay screens anyways, only graphics that matter are gameplay, broadcast or 2k view screens.

Supposedly the actual in-game lighting got a tweak, especially with regards to play faces from the different views. Can't wait for some in-game gameplay screens.
volsey

Postby Lean on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:55 pm

More importantly, frame rate issues.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:47 pm

the game runs a clean 60 fps on the 360 & ps3. There is no way they can guarantee a stable framerate on PC because of hardware changes
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:06 pm

The Greatest10 wrote:im criticizing ? i think your the one who is criticizing
You didn't criticize?
The Greatest10 wrote:in 2k11 the camera flash would appear when a player would attempt to dunk which is unrealistic
I would call that criticizing. I don't need a dictionary for that. A criticism can either be positive or negative.

in fact I'm just sharing my thoughts about the screenies do you have any problem with that
And I'm sharing my thought about your comments. Like I said my problem with it is it doesn't make sense. Until you give me your reason otherwise I would still continue to think about it as stupid.

im not starting to hot this thread but dont mind other peoples comment mind your own business
Don't post in forums then if you don't want other people minding your comments. Start your own blog where people can't comment if you feel that way.

lets be grateful to each others comment respect others comment man. Your the one who's just fun of making other peoples comment bad, im not upset im just saying thats what i observed here.
Why the heck should I be grateful for comments from e-persons I don't even know? :lol:
I wasn't making fun of your comment, I just told it how I felt about your comment.
shadowgrin wrote:I'm sorry but your observation and comment is one of the stupidest things I have read so far

It's like your making the nba 2k12 game just making your own thoughts and developement.
shadowgrin wrote:I'm sorry but your observation and comment is one of the stupidest things I have read so far
"I'm sharing my thought about your comments. Like I said my problem with it is it doesn't make sense. Until you give me your reason otherwise I would still continue to think about it as stupid."

You know im not starting anything but disrespecting others people comment means minding others people bussiness just mind your own just be cool, relax, understand first chill k I'm not angry im just saying
Who did I disrespect, you or your comments? If I disrespected your comments, why feel hurt about it? If I disrespected you..."Like I said my problem with it is it doesn't make sense. Until you give me your reason otherwise I would still continue to think about it as stupid."

@shadowgrin i would ask you this when did you all forsake yourself for gaming?

:lol:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Houndy on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:27 am

Shadow wins by far.

Not much of an insight, more of a teaser
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby fjccommish on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:37 am

"We want to pay attention to that and we want people to compare the generations, players and teams and decide once and for all who’s better."

Does that mean the all time mode might include matchups between historic teams and current top teams?

Could Magic and Kareem go up against Lebron, Wade and Bosh?

How about trying to win 8 titles in a row with the Celtics, playing in the playoffs each year?

Or Russel's Celtics vs the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, or Russel's Celtics vs the modern Celtics?

In 2K11 I liked to add rookie Jordan to the modern Bulls to see what they could achieve.
fjccommish

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:09 pm

I guess it's possible, but seeing as how completing the challenges unlocks those teams for use in other game modes, I think it's just referring to being able to use the classic teams against current rosters (or final 2010/2011 rosters as the case may be, given the current situation with the lockout).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Phraynk on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:23 am

I'm not hating on 2K11's graphics, in fact they're great, I just expect to see them make that jump more often. In my opinion, 2K9 still has the best overall graphics and court designs.
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess."
Phraynk

Postby wonderBOi on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 am

man i hate those double rubberbands :x

..and the team color pink which is supposed to be red.. yuck! :D
wonderBOi

Return to NBA 2K12