A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable Association and My Player stories.

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby George7 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:37 am

Rocky is going to start?? I want in the home games presentation to have the eye of the tiger playing while he's announced:lol:

Now it's time to see how Seattle will cope in this tough turn.
User avatar
George7
 
Posts: 3856
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Athens,Greece

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby dare on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:20 am

Hopefully this will make Ty happy with his friend starting alongside him.
User avatar
dare
True kings have rings
 
Posts: 3912
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby Valor on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Pfff, another Will Sit smokescreen :lol: Well done :chug:

Time for Rocky to prove his worth!! (Y) (Y)
User avatar
Valor
MVP
 
Posts: 4442
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:23 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby Sit on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Image


Bucks Sign Argentine PG Rojo

Image

February 24, MILWAUKEECiro Rojo is back in the NBA after half a season in Europe. Rojo, who was drafted back in 2009, returned to Europe after he failed to snatch an NBA contract to play for Olympiacos where he has averaged 12.2 ppg and 3.4 apg. The Argentine PG was picked up by the Milwaukee Bucks (28-31, 9th in East) to shore up their backcourt.

The 6 foot, 28 year old was a projected top 5 pick in 2009 but dropped out of lottery due to contractual issues. He landed in Detroit but did not make an impact despite many labelling him as a ‘steal’ if he were to come straight over to the NBA. Rojo was later told that his game was too raw and minutes were hard to come by even on the talent-stricken Pistons squad.

He was later traded to Minnesota and failed to crack the rotation behind Mike Bibby and Manfred Nissley. He failed to secure an NBA contract because of what many around league have cited as ‘attitude problems’. Rojo wrote on his Twitter account that he was happy to be back in Europe a few months ago: ‘Great to be here in Madrid. Lots of fun places. Beats the NBA for sure!’

After touching down in Milwaukee, Rojo took back those comments, “Of course playing in the NBA is my dream. I would not have included the clause in my contract that allowed me to get back here if I didn’t want to be here.” Rojo stated that he was excited to join the Bucks, which features young superstar Jay Gray. “I cannot wait to lineup with my new teammates,” he said, “Jay and these guys made it to the East Finals last year. I hope we can do it again.”

Rojo is an average shooter but an exceptional playmaker. With Michael Conley injured; he should get some chances to impress the Bucks. He has averaged 1.2 ppg, 2.3 apg, 9.7 mpg in 328 career games.

Read More…


Stealth Streak Hits Nine, Rocky A Hero

Image

February 28, SEATTLERocky Akonnor has been a revelation to fans but hardly one to his coaches and teammates. The hard-working 7’3” centre has been a hero by standing in for injured All-Star Andrew Bogut. True to his name – he has provided some ‘rock-solid’ defensive and rebounding work for the Stealth.

Akonnor has started three games and has made huge impacts on the defensive end in each game. His first career start resulted in 10 rebounds and 3 blocks in a 139-107 drubbing of the Miami Heat. He followed that up with 13 rebounds and 4 blocks in a close 116-107 match with the Boston Celtics. His most impressive game was his last with a career high 15 rebounds in a 113-87 win against the new-look Orlando Magic. He also added 3 blocks in what was Seattle’s ninth straight victory.

“None of what he is doing surprises us,” Coach George Karl praised him, “This is why I have him starting for my team. He deserves it. He’s worked so hard for 5 years now and he finally can show why we have held onto him for so long.” Jason Kidd also commented on the behemoth reserve, “This guy is why guys like Kevin (Durant) and Reshawn (Tyson) are so good. He is so tough to score against in practices because he is so big but also talented.”

Selected in the second round in the 2009 Draft, Akonnor has been a project for the Stealth. Renowned for his size and potential, the Stealth decided to pick him up when they selected his Tar Heels teammate Reshawn Tyson with the third pick of the same Draft. The pair have played together since high school. “I’m happy that he is finally getting a chance to play,” childhood friend Tyson says, “You never want to see a teammate go down to injury but this has worked out great for Rocky. He deserves it.”

The only thing that Seattle needs to be wary of is that there are plenty of teams interested in Akonnor. It will be interesting whether Seattle has what it takes to keep a hold of him. Another incentive to keep the big man is that it might keep Tyson around longer as well given their history together. Even Tyson acknowledges that, “Rocky and me have played together all the way through to the NBA. We were downstate back in high school and we went to UNC together. It’s going to be tough if we don’t stay on the same team.”

Read More…
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby Valor on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Sit wrote: he has provided some ‘rock-solid’ defensive and rebounding work for the Stealth.

:facepalm2: What a pun :lol:
User avatar
Valor
MVP
 
Posts: 4442
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:23 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby Brawn Shadley on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:55 pm

:facepalm2: :lol:
Image
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
User avatar
Brawn Shadley
NLSC's Jefferson Davis/The Questioneer
 
Posts: 21807
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby The X on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Very interesting parallel - you picked up Tyson/Akonnor combo from championship Tarheels in one draft. Meanwhile I picked up Buford/Warren combo from championship Vanderbilt in my most recent draft.

Good to see The Rock get his chance (Y)
User avatar
The X
is
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 11457
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby Sit on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:11 pm

The X wrote:Very interesting parallel - you picked up Tyson/Akonnor combo from championship Tarheels in one draft. Meanwhile I picked up Buford/Warren combo from championship Vanderbilt in my most recent draft.

Good to see The Rock get his chance (Y)


Yes! Maybe your guys will be as successful as mine. :)

shadowgrin wrote::facepalm2: :lol:


Valor wrote: :facepalm2: What a pun :lol:


Stupid kids.
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby Houndy on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:59 pm

The Rock doin' work!
User avatar
Houndy
I guess I'm back?
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby Ezio Auditore on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:49 am

Does Rocky have a nickname? CONTEST TIME :lol:
User avatar
Ezio Auditore
#thierry
 
Posts: 11882
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:34 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby Sit on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 am

Thierry • wrote:Does Rocky have a nickname? CONTEST TIME :lol:


We don't need a contest to make a nickname for him :)
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby Sit on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:01 am

Image
Updated: February 23, 2014
Kings Struggle With Chara Injury
A groin injury has put 2013 MVP Moses Chara into the worst form of his pro career and his team is quickly sliding down the Western Conference standings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Woody Hannes
ESPN.com Editor


The defending NBA champion Sacramento Kings are dearly missing their MVP Moses Chara after a six game stretch in which they have manage zero wins. That’s right – zero. A big fat doughnut. Somebody tell me what’s going on? Among the questions are the most blaring ones – why isn’t Chara resting so that he can be 100% for the playoffs and do the Kings really depend on this one guy that much?

When Chara pulled up lame in a 117-102 loss to the lowly San Antonio Spurs, ARCO Arena was so silent that you could hear a pin drop at the centre of the court. As he limped off the court (after going 3-11 and finishing with a subpar 14 points), the Kings coaching staff was slumped on the bench in disbelief and Al Jefferson had his hands on his head and eyes staring blankly ahead. Everyone knew that this would be bad with their leader hurt. It was then announced later in the week that he would be slowed down by a strained groin but true to Chara’s style, he told media before a game against the Houston Rockets, “I will play through it.”

I was expecting Chara to put in his best game of the season and the most inspirational performance not coming out of Seattle but was horribly disappointed as was the rest of the nation. The Rockets, one of the worst teams in the league this season, were able to trump the Kings and finish with an 87-67 win. What was worse was Chara’s end stat line: 3 points on 1-13 shooting. Chara laboured up and down the court and did not belong on the floor. I was asking (and rightly so) everyone why he was even on the court that night. With Rashard Lewis signed on as sixth man, you would expect Chara to trust in his side enough to sit out a night to recover. But no – Chara took it upon himself to be on the court and ultimately hurt his team more than if he wasn’t playing.

Chara got some rest courtesy of rival coach George Karl in the All-Star Game where he played a handful of minutes. He finished with 2 points on 1-5 shooting before telling everyone he was feeling ‘a lot better’. “I will be ready for our (Sacramento’s) next game against the (Washington) Wizards. I feel a lot more mobile after a few days off,” he said after the All-Star Game. He then denied hiding anything from everyone after someone wrote on their Twitter that ‘Just seen Moses Chara limping onto a plane now.’ Chara dismissed this as ‘crazy talk’.

However, the results proved Chara wrong as he threw up 16 shot attempts against the Wizards. He made just 2 of them en route to a total of 6 points in his side’s 121-108 loss. Another sub .500 team dishing out a loss to the defending champs. Suddenly under pressure to sit their star player out and with their star player’s refusal to sit out; the Kings have lost three more games in their most recent skid. Chara’s individual performances have not improved much as the last three games’ stat lines read: 8 points on 0-16 shooting; 10 points on 3-17 shooting; and 12 points on 2-16 shooting.

Chara has had bad shooting nights before and although not to this extent – he has had bad shooting nights before. The concerning aspect about his performances is that the strained groin has robbed him of any athleticism he had, which was little to begin with. And that lack of mobility and quickness has shown up in not just his shooting and scoring numbers but also his all around numbers. Chara has posted just 1 rebound, 2 assists, 1 steal and 0 blocks over the six game losing streak. Very uncharacteristic indeed for the smart and crafty veteran player.

This brings me to my point at the start of the article. Why isn’t Sacramento forcing him to sit out because if he doesn’t get better, Chara has nothing to offer to this team. The Kings have slid quickly out of the top 4 of the Western Conference and might even be a chance of falling out of the top 8 as we speak. In fact, the LA Lakers (currently on a 7 game winning streak) even took the Kings’ spot at the top of the Pacific Division a week ago. Heading into the season as favourites to repeat as NBA champions, the Kings are suddenly precariously teetering on the edge of missing the playoffs and are in danger if they continue to let Chara hurt his body even more by playing through the injury.

I wonder why Chara does not trust in his teammates to play without him. Is it a sign of distrust in his team’s depth or is it a sign of his personality? We always knew that Chara had an ego but a smart player like himself would understand the importance of taking time out to nurse an injury.

The Kings are quite capable of winning without him. They have an All-Star calibre centre in Al Jefferson alongside shooting talent Michael Redd and the offseason signing coup Rashard Lewis. Russell Westbrook may well be the most underrated point guard in the league. These guys can win without Chara.

It would be quite a shame if the Kings were to miss the playoffs. At the time of writing this article, the Kings are in sixth place in the West. A few more losses and they would likely be closer to tenth place than sixth. It’s time for the Kings to force the reigning league MVP to take a seat and get him ready if they are even going to make the playoffs now. Perhaps they could convince him at the same time that his squad is quite capable of winning without him on the floor.
Last edited by Sit on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby The X on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 am

Sit wrote:
Thierry • wrote:Does Rocky have a nickname? CONTEST TIME :lol:


We don't need a contest to make a nickname for him :)

Rocksteady.
User avatar
The X
is
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 11457
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby Houndy on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:44 am

Great article, a team always needs its franchise cornerstone. This sorta reminds me to the time Dirk went down this year.
User avatar
Houndy
I guess I'm back?
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby Sit on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:50 am

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:
Thierry • wrote:Does Rocky have a nickname? CONTEST TIME :lol:


We don't need a contest to make a nickname for him :)

Rocksteady.


i think Rocky is distinct enough. :)

Houndy wrote:Great article, a team always needs its franchise cornerstone. This sorta reminds me to the time Dirk went down this year.


But the franchise cornerstone is making his team lose.
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - And the season continues...

Postby Houndy on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Houndy wrote:Great article, a team always needs its franchise cornerstone. This sorta reminds me to the time Dirk went down this year.


But the franchise cornerstone is making his team lose.[/quote]

Yeh, sometimes Cornerstones have some cracks in em. DON'T PLAY MOSES!
User avatar
Houndy
I guess I'm back?
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby mpac on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 pm

Good to see Rocky is getting some minutes. Im not a Bogut fan :)

is it possible to see both Rocky and Tyson leading the Stealths? :) that would be nice to see in the future....
mpac
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby Sit on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:39 pm

mpac wrote:Good to see Rocky is getting some minutes. Im not a Bogut fan :)


Bogut >>>> Rocky.
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby Sit on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 am

Bump so that you can all read about Moses.

League standings coming soon and we are a handful of updates before start of playoffs!
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby dare on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am

To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.
User avatar
dare
True kings have rings
 
Posts: 3912
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby Sit on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:02 am

dare wrote:To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.


You don't it's admirable to play through the hurt?

Also... Kobe has been shit in this association since the start of it back in 09. :lol:

I think you're talking about the likes of Durant, Durant and Durant.
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby dare on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:06 am

Sit wrote:
dare wrote:To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.


You don't it's admirable to play through the hurt?

Also... Kobe has been shit in this association since the start of it back in 09. :lol:

I think you're talking about the likes of Durant, Durant and Durant.

Well its okay if you can help your team to win, but if he is playing like that obviously it hurts the team. He have guys like Westbrook and Jefferson who can easily produce for the team.
User avatar
dare
True kings have rings
 
Posts: 3912
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby Sit on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:14 am

dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.


You don't it's admirable to play through the hurt?

Also... Kobe has been shit in this association since the start of it back in 09. :lol:

I think you're talking about the likes of Durant, Durant and Durant.

Well its okay if you can help your team to win, but if he is playing like that obviously it hurts the team. He have guys like Westbrook and Jefferson who can easily produce for the team.


Westbrook isn't the same as real life in this story ;)

Going down roster, their best players are:

1. Chara
2. Redd
3. Jefferson
4. Lewis
5. Westbrook
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby dare on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:16 am

Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.


You don't it's admirable to play through the hurt?

Also... Kobe has been shit in this association since the start of it back in 09. :lol:

I think you're talking about the likes of Durant, Durant and Durant.

Well its okay if you can help your team to win, but if he is playing like that obviously it hurts the team. He have guys like Westbrook and Jefferson who can easily produce for the team.


Westbrook isn't the same as real life in this story ;)

Going down roster, their best players are:

1. Chara
2. Redd
3. Jefferson
4. Lewis
5. Westbrook

Still good enough to win against the Rockets without Chara
User avatar
dare
True kings have rings
 
Posts: 3912
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby Sit on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 am

dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.


You don't it's admirable to play through the hurt?

Also... Kobe has been shit in this association since the start of it back in 09. :lol:

I think you're talking about the likes of Durant, Durant and Durant.

Well its okay if you can help your team to win, but if he is playing like that obviously it hurts the team. He have guys like Westbrook and Jefferson who can easily produce for the team.


Westbrook isn't the same as real life in this story ;)

Going down roster, their best players are:

1. Chara
2. Redd
3. Jefferson
4. Lewis
5. Westbrook

Still good enough to win against the Rockets without Chara


They are seriously underachieving right now. No kidding - they could miss the playoffs!
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby dare on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:24 am

Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.


You don't it's admirable to play through the hurt?

Also... Kobe has been shit in this association since the start of it back in 09. :lol:

I think you're talking about the likes of Durant, Durant and Durant.

Well its okay if you can help your team to win, but if he is playing like that obviously it hurts the team. He have guys like Westbrook and Jefferson who can easily produce for the team.


Westbrook isn't the same as real life in this story ;)

Going down roster, their best players are:

1. Chara
2. Redd
3. Jefferson
4. Lewis
5. Westbrook

Still good enough to win against the Rockets without Chara


They are seriously underachieving right now. No kidding - they could miss the playoffs!

If they missed it Stealth winning the championship will not be that sweet, that is just my opinion though.
User avatar
dare
True kings have rings
 
Posts: 3912
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby Sit on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 am

dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.


You don't it's admirable to play through the hurt?

Also... Kobe has been shit in this association since the start of it back in 09. :lol:

I think you're talking about the likes of Durant, Durant and Durant.

Well its okay if you can help your team to win, but if he is playing like that obviously it hurts the team. He have guys like Westbrook and Jefferson who can easily produce for the team.


Westbrook isn't the same as real life in this story ;)

Going down roster, their best players are:

1. Chara
2. Redd
3. Jefferson
4. Lewis
5. Westbrook

Still good enough to win against the Rockets without Chara


They are seriously underachieving right now. No kidding - they could miss the playoffs!

If they missed it Stealth winning the championship will not be that sweet, that is just my opinion though.


Agreed. I want to go through defending champions!

However, New Orleans are gun and the Lakers are surprisingly good after addition of Trevor Ariza in the offseason!

Golden State are dangerous as usual in this story while the Jazz are solid also. Minnesota's young guns have their team in a good spot. And can't wait to see if Dallas can sneak in.

It's going to be an awesome postseason with or without the Kings! :D
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby dare on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:32 am

Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.


You don't it's admirable to play through the hurt?

Also... Kobe has been shit in this association since the start of it back in 09. :lol:

I think you're talking about the likes of Durant, Durant and Durant.

Well its okay if you can help your team to win, but if he is playing like that obviously it hurts the team. He have guys like Westbrook and Jefferson who can easily produce for the team.


Westbrook isn't the same as real life in this story ;)

Going down roster, their best players are:

1. Chara
2. Redd
3. Jefferson
4. Lewis
5. Westbrook

Still good enough to win against the Rockets without Chara


They are seriously underachieving right now. No kidding - they could miss the playoffs!

If they missed it Stealth winning the championship will not be that sweet, that is just my opinion though.


Agreed. I want to go through defending champions!

However, New Orleans are gun and the Lakers are surprisingly good after addition of Trevor Ariza in the offseason!

Golden State are dangerous as usual in this story while the Jazz are solid also. Minnesota's young guns have their team in a good spot. And can't wait to see if Dallas can sneak in.

It's going to be an awesome postseason with or without the Kings! :D

Maybe you can do a simple recap of how the teams are doing.
User avatar
dare
True kings have rings
 
Posts: 3912
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby Sit on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:33 am

dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.


You don't it's admirable to play through the hurt?

Also... Kobe has been shit in this association since the start of it back in 09. :lol:

I think you're talking about the likes of Durant, Durant and Durant.

Well its okay if you can help your team to win, but if he is playing like that obviously it hurts the team. He have guys like Westbrook and Jefferson who can easily produce for the team.


Westbrook isn't the same as real life in this story ;)

Going down roster, their best players are:

1. Chara
2. Redd
3. Jefferson
4. Lewis
5. Westbrook

Still good enough to win against the Rockets without Chara


They are seriously underachieving right now. No kidding - they could miss the playoffs!

If they missed it Stealth winning the championship will not be that sweet, that is just my opinion though.


Agreed. I want to go through defending champions!

However, New Orleans are gun and the Lakers are surprisingly good after addition of Trevor Ariza in the offseason!

Golden State are dangerous as usual in this story while the Jazz are solid also. Minnesota's young guns have their team in a good spot. And can't wait to see if Dallas can sneak in.

It's going to be an awesome postseason with or without the Kings! :D

Maybe you can do a simple recap of how the teams are doing.


You didn't need to tell me that. You think I am stupid? :P
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby dare on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:33 am

Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:
Sit wrote:
dare wrote:To make the article short Moses Chara sucks when his injured, he does not belong to the likes of Bryant and other warriors.


You don't it's admirable to play through the hurt?

Also... Kobe has been shit in this association since the start of it back in 09. :lol:

I think you're talking about the likes of Durant, Durant and Durant.

Well its okay if you can help your team to win, but if he is playing like that obviously it hurts the team. He have guys like Westbrook and Jefferson who can easily produce for the team.


Westbrook isn't the same as real life in this story ;)

Going down roster, their best players are:

1. Chara
2. Redd
3. Jefferson
4. Lewis
5. Westbrook

Still good enough to win against the Rockets without Chara


They are seriously underachieving right now. No kidding - they could miss the playoffs!

If they missed it Stealth winning the championship will not be that sweet, that is just my opinion though.


Agreed. I want to go through defending champions!

However, New Orleans are gun and the Lakers are surprisingly good after addition of Trevor Ariza in the offseason!

Golden State are dangerous as usual in this story while the Jazz are solid also. Minnesota's young guns have their team in a good spot. And can't wait to see if Dallas can sneak in.

It's going to be an awesome postseason with or without the Kings! :D

Maybe you can do a simple recap of how the teams are doing.


You didn't need to tell me that. You think I am stupid? :P

A little :)
User avatar
dare
True kings have rings
 
Posts: 3912
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - Woody Hannes: Moses Chara article

Postby Sit on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 am

Fuckhead. I taught you this shit! :D

Anyways, I will try and finish the season quickly but also give you guys a well rounded view of the league (at least WC) before we dive into it all!

WILL THE STEALTH WIN AN NBA TITLE?

STAY TUNED ON A LEGEND IS BORN III.... THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING!

HYPE THIS UP!


Feel free to post any predictions, potential story lines you want me to follow, etc. I want to have coverage tailored to what you guys want to see! Seeing as I don't have much time these days, I got to narrow the scope down!
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Mavs4Life on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:48 am

Write intros to big playoff games :) good luck, i think you can win a title.
Last edited by Mavs4Life on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=85156

Check out my Defending Champs Association!
User avatar
Mavs4Life
 
Posts: 1476
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Valor on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Nice article (Y)

Kevin Durant and Moses Chara....one should STFU and the other should place more trust in his teammates and just sit the fuck out :turrible:
User avatar
Valor
MVP
 
Posts: 4442
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:23 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby newc on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Mavs4Life wrote: good luck, i think you can win a title.


They should win the title
Image
User avatar
newc
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: Latvia

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby The X on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Kings won't miss playoffs. They'll settle into 6th spot & still meet you in Conference Finals.
User avatar
The X
is
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 11457
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Sit on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 pm

The X wrote:Kings won't miss playoffs. They'll settle into 6th spot & still meet you in Conference Finals.


;) They have slipped to 8th. And your Mavs are 9th and Martti's Suns, I think, are 10th.
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Houndy on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:48 pm

If you don't win the title.... you need to blow up this team
User avatar
Houndy
I guess I'm back?
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Martti. on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:16 am

Sit and dare just raped the quote button.

Chara and the Kings not making the Playoffs would be a shocker, though disappointing.
User avatar
Martti.
#HeatLifer
 
Posts: 8005
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:19 am

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Brawn Shadley on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 am

Martti. wrote:Sit and dare just raped the quote button.

They're trying to do a 'Kobe'.
Image
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
User avatar
Brawn Shadley
NLSC's Jefferson Davis/The Questioneer
 
Posts: 21807
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Houndy on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 am

shadowgrin wrote:
Martti. wrote:Sit and dare just raped the quote button.

They're trying to do a 'Kobe'.

:lol:
User avatar
Houndy
I guess I'm back?
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Sit on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:01 am

What can I say? I do what Kobe do best. Martti is sad he didn't get invited.

And Hondo - why do I need to blow the team up?
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Houndy on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:11 am

It obviously not working for you if you haven't won a championship with this talented team, so get some new faces and see what shakes up
User avatar
Houndy
I guess I'm back?
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Sit on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 am

Houndy wrote:It obviously not working for you if you haven't won a championship with this talented team, so get some new faces and see what shakes up


I would think about it. But we are on track for best record in the league by a mile... wouldn't want to break up my core.
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Houndy on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 am

Yeah, not now, just if you do not win the championship.
User avatar
Houndy
I guess I'm back?
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Sit on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:08 am

Houndy wrote:Yeah, not now, just if you do not win the championship.


I will still have the best regular season team in the league. :)
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Houndy on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Sit wrote:
Houndy wrote:Yeah, not now, just if you do not win the championship.


I will still have the best regular season team in the league. :)

Basically a Dallas like team before this year :cheeky:

But Dallas also made moves for Stevenson, Haywood, and Butler, and that played a part in their role for a title (Stevenson the most)
User avatar
Houndy
I guess I'm back?
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Sit on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Dallas don't have an All-Star C, SF and SG.
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING

Postby Sit on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Image


League Standings

Image

Cleveland 38-22
Indiana 38-24
Atlanta 34-24
New Jersey 34-25
Toronto 31-28
Charlotte 31-29
Miami 30-29
Chicago 29-28
--------------------
Milwaukee 30-32
Orlando 27-32
Washington 27-32
Philadelphia 27-34
Boston 25-34
Detroit 24-34
New York 15-46

Image

Seattle 48-10
LA Lakers 39-21
New Orleans 36-22
Portland 36-24
Minnesota 32-27
Golden State 32-28
Utah 30-29
Sacramento 31-30
--------------------
Dallas 29-27
Phoenix 29-30
Houston 25-35
San Antonio 25-35
Denver 22-38
LA Clippers 20-39
Memphis 18-40
User avatar
Sit
Fresh
 
Posts: 14857
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:19 pm

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - LEAGUE STANDINGS

Postby Justine. on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:09 am

Wow, Sacramento is really on a slump.
User avatar
Justine.
Novakaine!
 
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - LEAGUE STANDINGS

Postby rise on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:30 am

Orlando better make the playoffs. :twisted:
User avatar
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor
 
Posts: 5259
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:52 am
Location: We da playoffcats bitches!

PreviousNext

Return to Association & My Player Hall of Fame

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests