A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III :: J Kidd Article (2014)

Postby Fresh8 on Sat May 07, 2011 9:14 am

I got applications for Mavs4life and Axel.

You guys get 20 points for being my first two entrants into the 2014 NBA Draft!

And keep the lists coming in guys. I need more than 2 to make it fair to judge. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Mavs4Life on Sat May 07, 2011 9:36 am

Yes! Great to be apart of the ALIB saga.
Mavs4Life

Postby rise on Sat May 07, 2011 10:02 am

1Drafting Tyson
2The logo
3Me being drafted to Orlando, being an injured reserve, and being angry about it.
4Getting Jason Kidd and not getting Nash :x
5Getting AMMO
6Sheed's shenanigans
7Going to Seattle
8The beginning of ALIB II
9The end of ALIB II
10The beginning of ALIB III

:mrgreen:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby rise on Sat May 07, 2011 10:20 am

My first ALIB article!
Zee Otoo Speaks Out, Wants More Playing Time
Magic reserve forward Zee Otoo is upset with his situation in Orlando. "I came to the NBA to play basketball, not sit on the bench and watch other people play. I may not have been very good when I got here, but I thought with some improvements I could make Van Gundy's rotation. Dwight Howard has helped me with my defense tremendously and my rebounding has improved since I got here too. I don't know what Van Gundy's waiting for or what he has to lose. We're not even in the playoffs! He doesn't want to trade me, he doesn't want to waive me, and he doesn't seem to want to play me either."

"I'm not demanding a trade," Zee Otoo said after Van Gundy called him "a whiny, trade-seeking bitch". "I love Orlando, I just want to play basketball in the NBA. That's all I'm asking." Both Van Gundy and Otoo have been fined by the NBA. Otoo has receive very few minutes in the NBA, but averaged 20 points, 40% 3-point shooting, and 9 rebounds in eleven D-League games, and in practice, regularly surprises his Magic teammates, who are puzzled at his lack of playing time in the NBA.

For those who know very little about Zee Otoo: Zee is 22, and only has four or five years of basketball under his belt. He never played high school basketball and only played basketball in his junior year of college after dominating over most of his friends in pick-up games. He impressed a lot of people at the University of South Carolina, and in the NBA, scouts were taking notice of Zee's 19 points, 7 rebounds, 44% outside shooting. An inexperienced, yet sharp-shooting combo forward, Zee Otoo has met his share of adversity in college and in the NBA. There were those who said he'd never make it into the NBA, or that once he was there, he'd get a couple short contracts and it would be over for him. However, he let his game do the talking and the dark horse led "The Other USC" to the NCAA Championships.

Otoo had dominated the first half, leading USC to a 47-33 lead, and he himself already had 12 points and 8 rebounds. In the opening play of the second half, he tweaked the ankle that had bothered him all year long and left the game. USC would tragically lose 88-87. Soon after, Zee underwent scans and confirmed ligament damage in the ankle and that he would have to stay off the court for three months. Questions of his durability spread throughout the NBA like wildfire and Zee found he was no longer projected as a possible late-lottery pick. Instead, mock drafts showed him as an early to late second rounder, with some actually keeping him undrafted altogether.

"It killed me to see my favorite teams, the Bobcats, the Mavs, the Suns, just overlook me. I was relieved when I was picked 45th by Orlando, because I was nervous I would have dropped out altogether."

Zee Otoo's ankle has been fine for months, and he doesn't think that's the reason Van Gundy keeps him off the court. "I know I'm inexperienced, but you're always inexperienced until someone gives you a chance. Van Gundy hasn't given me that chance."
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby The X on Sat May 07, 2011 12:10 pm

In no particular order:

- The X's rookie year in Denver :cry:
- :bowdown: Jay Gray, Jay Gray, Jay Gray :bowdown2:
- Moses "The Beast" Chara (hey, I just gave you a nickname for him)
- Agree with Valor, Olympics & World Champs coverage was good
- You are modern day Sacto Kings :P
- You created our dream version of Andrew Bogut. Took you a few seasons with him but you got it done :applaud:
- Your ability to turn Kevin Durant into a heel. A slightly different upbringing & it is possible. Probably would've been a lot more boring story if he was his real life self.
- The level of interaction that you have with the Dynasty/Association community in both stories.
- Your strength in your convictions in regards to your roster building (e.g. sticking with over-the-hill Kidd, starting Raja Bell over young Tyson), even if I don't agree with them all :P
- The superb rookie class included Chara, Must, Tyson, Moore, Donnell Lawrence, Barney Steele, Watson & so on (Sit: was looking back at that epic Draft, what ever happened to PF Harvey Morrison & PF Sammy Carney, drafted by Bulls & Bucks respectively. Just curious as those are only 2 players drafted ahead of me that I don't have a clue what happened to)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sat May 07, 2011 12:54 pm

You give 30 points to z02 for merely finding an application form, same amount of points for writing an article that puttin did? 30 points for z02, really?
You're getting soft Sit.

Team name suggestions for Seattle.
Team logo making contest.
AmMo with the Stealth! :bowdown2:
Jay Gray. :bowdown2:
Martti Must crying. Like always.
Stealth acquisition of AI and stealing Jao Wu's minutes
Stealth choking against the Kings.
LeBron-Chara douchebagginess.
Reshawn Tyson being an emo bitch. Press conference, really?
David Lee drama/trade rumors.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby hova- on Sat May 07, 2011 2:26 pm

I remember that story about Westbrook and his girl going out with Durant (it was Durant I guess) and him being traded later.

How about Jay Gray being the new time Tim Duncan without the success.

Moses, the dirty bastard with his cocky bitching, but simply backing it up by bringing a championship to Sac-Town.

Rasheed Wallace and his actions.

Jason Kidd: Just like the RL Kidd still doing well at his age.

Gary Payton: the psycho coach.

Trevor Ariza: Heavily underrated player for you iirc.

Sit going for COTY in his only coaching year and then bringing back George Karl.

Making KD a bitch - a really cocky, goddam bitch.

Keep it up, I love it (Y)

How about CB4 making his way to Miami (Chris Hova feeling good about it) and then surprisingly failing the medicals.

The Portland Trail Blazers handing you losses in the Playoffs here & there with Roy playing very well (how Lamrock would love that IRL)

The Martti Must saga and his nickname "crybaby".
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby shadowgrin on Sat May 07, 2011 2:51 pm

How could I have forgotten about Sheed! :facepalm2:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby dare on Sat May 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Not in particular order:

- Team Logo contest
- Me creating the the ALIB III sig
- The International competition
- Sheed with his humorous quotes in ALIB II
- KD/Ty fights
- Stealth rivalry with Portland
- Moses Chara and the Kings
- Jay Gray
- Trading Westbrook that turns out to be Ty
- Kidd's decision to play even at the age of 40.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Sat May 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Fall of 2008 - Incredible how long you've kept this going
That feeling of elation, seeing one of my favorite story makers making a highly anticipated (for years) sequel with SEATTLE.
Realism taking over in season 1 with your young team falling out of the playoff picture
The rookies!
KD/GP suicide cliffhanger
Hornets winning it all
Going on hiatuses only to return to several pages to enjoy
Vince Thompson cameo
The Durant pathos
Very realistic moves

Okay... on to season 2
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Sat May 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Lamrock wrote:Okay... on to season 2

I challenge lamrock to do a recap of each season.

I see some pretty impressive lists. Will definitely get a top 3 out of all of them. Keep em coming!

And after last part of monthly recap is done, can't wait to get into Feb till ASG and then getting to playoffs after that!

Regular season is always hard... I find that playoffs/offseason is where the thread comes alive!
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun May 08, 2011 10:02 pm

My bad! I can't believe that the Raptors are actually 5th in the East. And I called them cellar dwellers in the article about Dare. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun May 08, 2011 10:09 pm

League News

Mavericks Looking For A Trade

DAL, Feb 1 (AP) – Leo Lai’s trade request has not fallen on death ears as the dangerously teetering Mavs are looking to improve their team one last time before the trade deadline passes. It is believed that Dallas desperately want Dirk Nowitzki to have one last shot at playoff success and are willing to part with the promising Lai in order to bring in some more help right now.

A number of players have been in the Mavs’ crosshairs and it has been reported that Dallas has made a play at Portland Trailblazers pair Darko Milicic and Ben Gordon. Other rumored targets have been New York’s Lamar Odom, Charlotte’s Devin Harris and Memphis’ TJ Ford.

It is unclear whether anything can happen as the Mavs would need to include another player in order to match salaries and talent; the Mavs just do not have the assets to make a deal happen without losing more than one player. However, it is clear that the team needs a boost at center as well point guard where Jerryd Bayless has not panned out well as a full time starter.

Veteran PF Nowitzki is playing one of the worst individual seasons, marred by injuries and inconsistency. The German has made it clear that he would love to play in the postseason one more time before retiring. “If Steve (Nash) got a good shot last year with us,” Nowitzki joked, “I think I should get a shot too.”

Read More…

Magic Find Themselves In Precarious Position

ORLANDO, Feb 1 (AP) – The Orlando Magic have had the same team for many years now and it’s starting to show as they continue to struggle this season. It is granted that the poor record has been due to not having Jameer Nelson in the fold this season due to an injury but Gerald Wallace was supposed to improve the side.

Now, the franchise is looking to add some more talent alongside reigning Defensive Player of the Year Dwight Howard to try and get some more relevance. It is reported that Orlando is very close to two deals. One is with the Denver Nuggets that would see the return of former Magic favorite Tracy McGrady. The second deal would be with the Memphis Grizzlies that would land Emeka Okafor, the Rookie of the Year of the same draft class as Howard.

Magic leader Howard has been pleased by the news that McGrady and Okafor could soon be teammates with him. Understandably though, he is also worried about whether the team will still be deep enough to compete in the playoffs. “I would love for those guys to join me,” he said, “But you’re talking about T-Mac who can still ball and Meka who is a pretty decent player. If we’re not giving up Crash (Wallace), then who do we give up for any of them?”

Read More…

Ariza Enjoying Lakers Life

LOS ANGELES, Jan 1 (AP) – Trevor Ariza is thoroughly enjoying his second stint in Hollywood. The veteran forward has pushed his scoring average to 15 points a game and the Lakers are currently sitting in fourth place in the Western Conference with a 27-19 record. No one had envisioned to be in this position.

“I love to play on a winning team,” Ariza told reporters after a Lakers’ shootaround, “And what better place to play in than LA?” Ariza has also admitted that he has been keeping a close eye on his former team, Seattle, and their current success.

“I wish all of the guys well,” he stated, “They deserve the success and the winning streak shows that they are a great team.” When questioned if he felt like he missed out on being a part of something special, he said, “Maybe I will sound a bit greedy but you only have one career in the NBA. I wasn’t going to spend it sitting on the bench behind Kevin (Durant). I mean, that’s a guaranteed sitting on the bench role right there.”

Read More…

Must Enjoying Breakout Season

PHOENIX, Feb 1 (AP) – Martti Must never understood why he did not play as much as he would have liked whilst with the Tar Heels. But he has learnt that some things can never be explained and just to understand that everything happens for a reason. “I am the player I am today from all my experiences in the past,” Must reflected.

Must was never a strong defensive player but this season, his game has soared to new heights as he is in a tight race with reigning Defensive Player of the Year Dwight Howard. Howard has never been challenged like this for the award ever since winning his first one. Must is enjoying the challenge, “Dwight is an All-Time great defender. It’s an honor to be mentioned in the same sentence with him.”

The numerous times he sat in close games for the Heels and then the numerous times his Memphis Grizzlies fell out of the playoff race has helped Must become a more focused and disciplined player. “I feel like I am playing the best ball in my life,” he said, “The only thing that’s not happening this season is team success.” Despite the team’s mediocre performance, Must claims that he is having a good time, “This team is the most fun I’ve been on in a while.”

Must: 11.8 rpg, 3.0 bpg, 0.8 spg
    Howard: 11.9 rpg, 2.7 bpg, 1.3 spg

Read More…

Shad O’Greene Allowed Visa

NEW YORK, Feb 1 (AP) – Controversial Philippines forward Shad O’Greene has won a battle with the United States Immigration Department by being granted a working Visa. O’Greene’s criminal history and substance abuse was the reason for his visa application to stall.

His strangest misdemeanor was an incident where he had stolen toys from a toy store and burnt them in a pickup truck. He was only found to be responsible after admitting to the crime when police found him drunk in a children’s playpen of a parent’s room the next morning. O’Greene has stated that he hopes his hard-nosed defense reconciles fans with the ‘throwback era where everyone was bashing each other up and being physical like Chuck Norris.’ The PBA star was voted the most hated player in the Philippines for the second straight time last year and has just controversially quit the league by leaving his team in the fourth quarter of a recent game.

It is unclear where O’Greene is to be projected for the upcoming draft. A lot of that will be determined when he starts to work out for NBA teams in the months to come.

Read More…

Player Awards

Player of the Month

East: Jay Gray
West: Martti Must

Rookie of the Month

East: Coby Clark
West: Lucius Santos

Race 2 MVP

1. Kevin Durant, SF, Seattle Stealth
29.7 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 2.8 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.5 bpg, .576 FG%

Durant should be a unanimous MVP winner if he continues with either his strong individual form or facilitation of his team’s success. See, his case is so strong that he doesn’t need both to get him that trophy. Durant has developed into the best offensive player in the NBA and although he does not do everything he’s capable of, he’s doing everything that he does best. Durant could average 30 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists a game if he wanted to.

2. Lebron James, SF, Cleveland Cavaliers
23.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 7.0 apg

Lebron James is still doing it all and the Cavs are still holding onto the number one spot at the top of the Eastern Conference. Voters like how James has more of an all-around game than Durant but sorry King James; this is Kevin’s year. James can take solace in the fact that his Cavs are likely to have an easier task to reach the NBA Finals again and if what he is saying is true – then a championship is the real aim for him this season.

3. Moses Chara, SF, Sacramento Kings
23.7 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 7.6 apg

Moses Chara trails Lebron for second best player in the NBA. The Kings have been disappointing as the improved NBA champs have struggled lately. The New Orleans Hornets have 3 less losses than the defending champs and have looked much more impressive than the Kings. Sacramento might even be knocked out in the second round if the playoffs began today.

4. Chris Paul, PG, New Orleans Hornets
22.2 ppg, 7.2 apg, 2.2 spg

Quietly proving that he is still the best point guard in this league, Paul has continued to enjoy being the engine to the boiling room for the Hornets. No player in the league is able to change the flow of the game like Paul does. It is amazing that Paul has done it for so long and still no team has a solution for him. The former MVP remains modest as ever though, “I would not be here without my teammates. We do this together.”

5. Andrew Bogut, C, Seattle Stealth
15.6 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 5.7 apg, 2.2 bpg

The affable Aussie is the rock of a very talented Stealth team. Time and time again, everyone has talked about how good his teammates are but as all you readers know; we love Bogut here at R2MVP HQ. There is no NBA center in history that has been so effective and well-rounded than Bogut has been this season. As opposing center Dwight Howard has stated, “Bogut is one of the hardest players to guard in this league. He is a real triple threat.”

On the bubble: Josh Smith, PF, Atlanta Hawks; Carmelo Anthony, SF, New Jersey Nets; Chris Bosh, PF, New Jerseys Nets; Kobe Bryant, SG, LA Lakers; Brandon Roy, SF, Portland Trailblazers; Marrti Must, PF, Phoenix Suns; Jay Gray, PF, Milwaukee Bucks.

Rookie Rankings

1. Coby Clark, C, Toronto Raptors
14.9 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.6 bpg
(Drafted 1 by Toronto)

2. Julian Martin, SG, Charlotte Bobcats
17.1 ppg, 1.4 apg, 1.1 spg
(Drafted 4 by Charlotte)

3. Sam Slater, SG, Detroit Pistons
6.1 ppg, 3.1 apg, 1.6 spg
(Drafted 2 by Detroit)

4. Lucius Santos, SF, Houston Rockets
6.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.1 apg
(Drafted 9 by Houston)

5. Christian Oliver, PG, Houston Rockets
4.7 ppg, 2.7 apg
(Drafted 6 by Houston)
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue May 10, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: :: A LEGEND IS BORN III :: Monthly Recap incl R2MVP

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon May 09, 2011 1:50 am

• Team Logo contest
• Olympics, World Championships :mrgreen:
• Rasheed's antics
• All the characters here (Barney Steele, Louis Nixon, X, Ty, Jay Gray, Chara, etc.)
• All the Ty-KD fights...
• Kidd staying
• Jao Wu still not playing :lol:
• Andrew Bogut exploding
• Every single one of Ty's chapters
• Allen Iverson still playing well

(Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Mon May 09, 2011 2:23 am

Cooooby Clark. Apart from that, good to see Ariza being a key player on another team now. I hope that I will somehow be involved in a trading deadline deal.

Oh and O'Greene is really sick in his brain. :crazy:
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 09, 2011 7:21 am

Hov... Even though this is the first season in a long time that the Raptors will make the playoffs? :P
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Mon May 09, 2011 8:50 am

L-train's absence in R2'MVP is the elephant in the room
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Lamrock wrote:L-train's absence in R2'MVP is the elephant in the room

If Jay can't get there, you should definitely not be there Lame-Train
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue May 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Stealth Win With Second Half Run

Image Image

February 3, SEATTLE – The Seattle Stealth continued their winning streak by defeating the New York Knicks at home. The 118-90 win was actually close up until half time before the home side roared to victory with a 66-38 second half. It was win number 29 for Seattle that now needs just 4 games to tie the All-time record for highest number of consecutive wins.

Kevin Durant and Reshawn Tyson shared the scoring load with 28 apiece while Andrew Bogut chipped in with 14 points. Ron Artest and Travis Ward each scored 20 points to pace the Knicks.

“This was a big win for us,” Durant said after the game, “We’re going for 33 (wins) and for a moment (at halftime) we thought that we weren’t going to get this one because we weren’t playing that well. Then I decided to win the third quarter for us and the bench brought us home!” The Stealth won the third quarter 33-16 with Durant scoring 16 of his 28 points in the third period.

Read More…
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue May 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Sit wrote:Durant has developed into the best player in the NBA

Sit wrote:Moses Chara trails Lebron for second best player in the NBA.

:lol: Typo much Sit? Haha just nitpicking, sorry. :P
Nice recap, just wanna say I really don't like those trade destinations aside from New York IF it's not for Lamar (cause I wanna team with a quality big if traded) :wink:

Speaking of the Knicks...monster second half from you (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue May 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:Durant has developed into the best player in the NBA

Sit wrote:Moses Chara trails Lebron for second best player in the NBA.

:lol: Typo much Sit? Haha just nitpicking, sorry. :P
Nice recap, just wanna say I really don't like those trade destinations aside from New York IF it's not for Lamar (cause I wanna team with a quality big if traded) :wink:

Speaking of the Knicks...monster second half from you (Y)

No one cares where you want to go. You're a spoilt brat in Dallas. :lol:
Fresh8

Re: :: A LEGEND IS BORN III :: Knicks @ Stealth

Postby Valor on Tue May 10, 2011 11:08 pm

How am I a spoiled brat? If I was I'll be playing big minutes and getting all the touches I want :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby shadowgrin on Wed May 11, 2011 12:00 am

Sit wrote:“This was a big win for us,” Durant said after the game, “We’re going for 33 (wins) and for a moment (at halftime) we thought that we weren’t going to get this one because we weren’t playing that well. Then I decided to win the third quarter for us and the bench brought us home!"

What's wrong with Durant?! 'Being one with the teammates' talk?!
I miss jerk Durant. :(
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby puttincomputers on Wed May 11, 2011 7:12 am

Hey Valor. As I read the statement it means that Ty is 3rd best. :wink:
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Mavs4Life on Wed May 11, 2011 7:58 am

Hah, Durant with the teamate talk. He did say he brought the team back in the 3rd though.
Mavs4Life

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame