Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Postby Kenny on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Week 6: South Beach, Canada and D.C. in 1 week

Keeping up with LeBron

Game 1: Starstruck

The pressure to perform on the defensive end doesn't relent in the NBA and Miami is the prime example of this. In one game, I had assignments on LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh... I even had to go on Big Z for a stretch there! I think I did pretty well though... I managed to keep up with LeBron in the first half and it was going to be a big game with 23 points on the board. I only scored 4 in the second half though, which was disappointing, but still; it'd have to go down as my best game to date... and to be against the best team in the league? Hopefully people are going to start to take notice.

We ended up losing by 31... John Wall and Nick Young both had average games with a combined 8-29 shooting night. We can't win by just chucking up shots from the perimeter.

Game 2: Oh Canada!

The first time I had ever been to Canada and I love it there! Not only did we pick up a win, but I was the player of the game with 23 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocked shots. We were down by 4 at the end of the 3rd, but we had a sweet 4th quarter, outscoring the Raptors 27-16. It was a big night for the Young boys as Nick also scored 20 to be the second best scorer in the team.

And who said Bargnani doesn't play good D? He got 3 blocked shots against us and I think 2 of them were against me! Sure he shot 6-21, including 0-9 from the field, but the dude is more beastly than people give him credit for.

Game 3: And then another blowout...

After a huge win in Toronto, we came crashing down to Earth with a 26 point loss to the Blazers. I managed to score 11 points off 6 shots from the field... but I wonder where we lost the game? Could it have been that Turkoglu scored only 2 more points than me off 21 shots? I dunno, it beats me...

WAS@MIA

MIA: 104
WAS: 73

Performer of the Game: LeBron James 37 points (16-30 FG) 10 rebounds 7 assists 5 steals 3 blocks

WAS@TOR

WAS: 92
TOR: 87

Performer of the Game: Kenny Young 25 points (8-17 FG) 15 rebounds 4 assists 2 blocks

POR@WAS

POR: 86
WAS: 60

Performer of the Game: Brandon Roy 21 points (8-16 FG) 3 rebounds 3 assists

Wizards Record: 9-9

Kenny's Quote of the Week

About being the playmaker

Our offense seems to be taking care of itself. I don't need to be calling all the shots. That's what Coach is for. I'll just take the ball when I get it and try to make a play. Might be a shot, might be a pass. No reason to push things and get too far from our regular gameplan. I'm fine with the way things are working now.

...A rather diplomatic response

Week 6 Gallery

ImageImage
| Look out below Bosh! | An easy two |

ImageImage
| Denying Rudy | When did I become the centre?! |

----------------------------------

Thought I'd try out this new recap system. It's less detailed but I figured that I could describe a lot of what happened in the blog entries above and the box score recap system I had was a bit too involved for me. Let me know what you think :)
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:39 am

What a battle you had with LeBron in that first half. (Y) Looking good man -- quick, clear and concise.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Kenny on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:01 am

Thanks Thierry, I'm glad you're enjoying it :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:02 am

Week 7: Road Woes

It'll get better coach

Game 1: Deserted in Arizona

This was a big game for guys like Hedo Turkoglu and Kirk Hinrich. Both guys are seen as being just big contracts... and unfortunately in this game, they didn't prove a whole lot otherwise. Kirk was a miserable 2-12 from the floor and while Hedo equalled my top score of 18, he did it off 25 shots, hitting only 7 of them. I know I have a problem with turning the ball over, but taking bad shots is as good as turning it over.

I managed to have a solid game, as I mentioned I scored 18 points and I also grabbed 8 rebounds. I got some tough defensive assignments and for the most part, I came out on the wrong side of them. Steve Nash and Hakim Warrick really went to town on us, scoring 25 and 24, while J-Chillen was the most surprising of them all. He's back to the form he was in when he was with the Hawks and he's one hard guy to guard. I wish I could say that this was a one off bad performance from the team.

Game 2: Kobe's Lakers

So we went to Staples for our second game of the week and we got beaten by the Lakers by the tune of 23 points. It was my first time playing against Kobe and what can I say, the dude is still a beast. The Black Mamba made it a very long night for us, and Ron Artest made it a long night for me. I scored 10 points, grabbed my boards (9 in total) and even got 7 assists, but I shot 38 percent from the field. Ron is arguably the most annoying guy I've ever had guard me and I guess that's what makes him so great. The best defenders get under your skin and get right in your grill. I guess it's what you need to expect from the elite teams.

Game 3: Blown Out in Sac Town? Come on now!

The week got even worse as we suffered an 18 point defeat to the Kings in Sacramento. On the plus side, I had a pretty good game, with 26 points and 13 rebounds (and only 2 turnovers). However the shooting woes for our team continued. The next two highest scorers on our team went 5-25 and 4-14 from the field. We can't even expect to win against the bottom feeder teams if we're shooting like that. We need to use more clock and attack the basket (I'm sounding like a coach now).

Game 4: The Week Swept

For the first time in my career, I have went a week without registering a win. This time we lost at home in front of our fans... double bummer. Wall (20 points 7 rebounds 6 assists) and McGee (19 points 6 rebounds) both had great games, and even Trevor Booker had a nice game with 12, but Wilson Chandler (22) and Amare Stoudemire (20 points 17 rebounds) just played better than us. Unfortunately, I was one of the culprits with poor shooting this time with 3-11 from the field. To compound this problem I also registered 6 turnovers... how frustrating! But that's the thing about this league, just when you think you've overcome a problem, someone comes along and reminds you that it's still there. It's not a bad thing though, it just makes you want to get better.

WAS@PHX

PHX: 104
WAS: 86

Performer of the Game: Josh Childress 19 points (7-17 FG) 13 rebounds 2 blocks

WAS@LAL

LAL: 111
WAS: 88

Performer of the Game: Kobe Bryant 32 points (14-22 FG) 7 rebounds 3 assists

WAS@SAC

SAC: 108
WAS: 90

Performer of the Game: Tyreke Evans 27 points (11-16 FG) 3 rebounds 2 assists 1 steal

NYK@WAS

NYK: 104
WAS: 95

Performer of the Game: Amare Stoudemire 20 points (7-15 FG) 17 rebounds 1 assist 1 steal 1 block

Wizards Record: 9-13

Kenny's Quote of the Week

About the losing streak

It's hard because I see my teammates out there doing everything they possibly can to get us wins. But for some reason the shots aren't falling. If we keep putting out maximum effort like we have been, our luck will change. This team is too talented to keep a bad streak like this going for too long.

Always the optimist...

Week 7 Gallery

ImageImage

| Dropping one in against Kirk | Driving through the Lakers |

ImageImage

| From the Sky... | ...And from the side |
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Good dunks...
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kenny on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Last time I left the story the season was at week 7. I decided to play ahead to the All-Star game and here's the highlights from the 7th week to up to the All-Star Weekend:

Kenny had an impressive game against the Lakers in week 8. He tallied 26 points, 12 rebounds and 5 assists.

He continued to build his reputation as one of the league's great rebounders, with 19 against the Houston Rockets.

Young came up with another impressive effort against the Pacers with 18 points and 12 rebounds.

His efforts in December earned him the Rookie of the Month in the Eastern Conference.

The Wizards acquired OKC's backup point guard Eric Maynor in exchange for Josh Howard

First game of the new year and Kenny suffers the biggest set back in his career so far. He injured his ankle in an attempt to take a charge against Chris Paul. Prognosis: Severely Sprained Ankle (2-4 weeks)

Even though the Wizards lost, Kenny had a triumphant return with his first career triple double (11 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists).

Kenny returns... during his absense, Flip Saunders was fired and replaced by Kurt Rambis... did they think this was an upgrade?

Also happening during his absense, Acie Law was acquired in exchange for Cartier Martin.

The rotation as it was before the All-Star break.

Wizards Record: 19-35

Standings

EAST

Miami 42-14
Atlanta 41-15
Orlando 39-19
Boston 36-18
Milwaukee 31-25
Chicago 29-24
Charlotte 29-27
New York 27-28
---
Detroit 27-30
Cleveland 23-33
Philadelphia 21-35
Washington 19-35
Indiana 17-37
Toronto 17-39
New Jersey 16-41

WEST

Dallas 41-14
San Antonio 32-23
LA Lakers 33-24
Utah 32-25
Oklahoma City 29-25
New Orleans 31-27
Minnesota 29-27
Denver 29-28
---
Sacramento 26-27
Phoenix 26-27
Golden State 26-29
Memphis 26-31
Houston 25-32
Portland 21-35
LA Clippers 15-41

-------------------------------------------

Decided to complete the season in a 3 part series consisting of the period between week 7 and the all-star break (this post), the all-star break (although I'm not sure how much info I can get on the main game since I didn't play in it) and the time after the break til the season's end.

I played ahead quite a few games and the more I played, the more I was overwhelmed by having to do it week by week. So in an attempt to keep it going, I decided on this format... atleast to end this season. Hope to get some feedback :)
Last edited by Kenny on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Nice update. I like very much (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Nice to see this coming back man (Y) And your first triple-double! But you don't have a really good record...
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Kenny on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Sit wrote:Nice update. I like very much (Y)

Thanks Sit, glad you like it :)

Thierry • wrote:Nice to see this coming back man (Y) And your first triple-double! But you don't have a really good record...

It's the Wizards... if I turned them into a playoff team, they'd have to consider me an MVP Candidate this season :lol:

Deciding whether I should keep this format for a monthly report or to do my 5 game format seen in TNL.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:03 am

The All-Star Weekend

Rookie Challenge
Not bad for 8 minutes work...

Rookies

The Starters
ImageImageImageImageImage
| DeMarcus Cousins [SAC] | Derrick Favors [NJN] | Kenny Young [WAS] | Evan Turner [PHI]| John Wall [WAS] |

The Bench
| Ed Davis [TOR] | Wesley Johnson [MIN] | Eric Bledsoe [LAC] | Xavier Henry [MEM] | Cole Aldrich [OKC] |

Sophomores

The Starters
| Hasheem Thabeet [MEM] | Taj Gibson [CHI] | Terrence Williams [NJN] | Tyreke Evans [SAC] | Darren Collison [IND] |

The Bench
| Jonny Flynn [MIN] | Marcus Thornton [NOH] | Omri Casspi [SAC] | Tyler Hansbrough [IND] | David Andersen [TOR] |

Rookies: 109 (Cousins 25, Johnson 19, Turner 19)
Sophomores: 107 (Evans 32, Williams 19, Flynn 17)

MVP: DeMarcus Cousins 25 points (8-16 FG) 7 rebounds 1 steal 2 blocks

Rebounds

Rookies: Favors 12
Sophomores: Williams 12

Assists

Rookies: Wall 12
Sophomores: Flynn 9

Kenny's Highlights

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

All-Star Selections

EAST

The Starters
| Dwight Howard [ORL] | Amare Stoudemire [NYK] | LeBron James [MIA] | Dwyane Wade [MIA] | Rajon Rondo [BOS]

The Bench
| Joe Johnson [ATL] | Vince Carter [ORL] | Gerald Wallace [CHA] | Josh Smith [ATL] | Andrea Bargnani [TOR] | Derrick Rose [CHI] | Antawn Jamison [CLE] |

WEST

The Starters
| Yao Ming [HOU] | Dirk Nowitzki [DAL] | Kevin Durant [OKC] | Kobe Bryant [LAL] | Chris Paul [NOH]

The Bench
| Carmelo Anthony [DEN] | Chauncey Billups [DEN] | Manu Ginobili [SAN] | Al Jefferson [UTA] | Monta Ellis [GSW] | David Lee [GSW] | Rudy Gay [MEM] |

MVP: Kobe Bryant

----------------------------------------

Sorry I couldn't go into more detail about the All-Star game, but I couldn't find the scores anywhere. I just thought I'd make the real life MVP the MVP of this story as well.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:26 am

Congrats on getting selected to the Rookie Challenge! Sucks you couldn't get more minutes though. I remember I had 20 assists as a point guard, but the sim engine screwed me over as it turned an 8-point lead to a 16-point deficit for us rookies. :x

It surprises me that David Andersen is always selected to the Rookie Challenge, but he is a beast in 2K after all.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:52 pm

Go monthly!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Houndy on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:07 am

This rocks!
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Kenny on Mon May 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Axel. wrote:Congrats on getting selected to the Rookie Challenge! Sucks you couldn't get more minutes though. I remember I had 20 assists as a point guard, but the sim engine screwed me over as it turned an 8-point lead to a 16-point deficit for us rookies. :x

It surprises me that David Andersen is always selected to the Rookie Challenge, but he is a beast in 2K after all.

Thanks Axel, the coach of the team was Greg Popovich, so I could possibly work that into the story at some point I think. I've been having a big problem with the game's sim engine as well. The Wizards are pretty hopeless, but some of leads I've seen teams come back from have been diabolical.

He was a beast in my NBA Live 10 dynasty as well... who knows. Nice to see another Aussie doing well though.

Sit wrote:Go monthly!

If the GOAT says to, then I shall oblige ;)

Houndy wrote:This rocks!

Thanks Houndy, nice to see you following this as well :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon May 02, 2011 9:12 pm

This is the last part of My Player's season. The next post will be results from around the league and possibly a highlight package of my best dunks.

It only took until the second game after the All-Star Break for Hedo Turkoglu to get a spot back in the starting lineup.

This made Kenny go back to his role as 6-man

Marvin Williams suffered from back spasms in the game against the Warriors and it was the first of what happened to be a chronic back problem for him throughout the season.

After struggling to register a point in his 49th game, Young played a hell of a game against the Warriors. In 31 minutes he scored 31 points, 14 rebounds, 5 assists and 1 steal.

Stealing the ball became a big part of Kenny's game post all-star break. Here he is picking off a pass to Eddy Curry.

Kenny backed up his impressive performance against the Warriors with another MVP display against the Wolves. He filled out the stat sheet with 22 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and 1 block.

But once again an injury plagued his momentum. After taking a successful charge attempt against Will Bynum, Young was left floored. The Wizards surrendered a big lead to lose by a point and Kenny went on to miss 3 weeks (or 9 games) with a Strained Abdomen.

Due to continuous poor performances by Turkoglu, Kenny was rushed back into the starting lineup against the Warriors in California. He was outstanding once again against Golden State, with a game of 30 points (from 25 minutes), but an unusually low rebound count (only 2). Monta wanted to be apart of Kenny's rookie poster.

But Kenny and the Wizards fell short once again, losing by a point in the Bay Area. Despite scoring 30, Young became increasingly frustrated by his team's shot selection (*cough*Arenas*cough*) and having them only pass him the ball with 5 left on the clock.

There is also an internal rivalry between Young and Turkoglu. With Hedo shooting a poultry 35 percent from the field, it'd be hard not to be frustrated when the coach is constantly considering him for your starting spot.

Kenny grabbed a career high 20 rebounds against the Hawks, but in the third last game of the season, the Wizards dropped their 11th straight game and cemented their wooden spoon in the East.

After what many would call a disasterous season, the Wizards finished on a high, winning their last two games against Boston (1 point) and blowing out Cleveland by 29. With Young becoming a free agent though, some might say the damage has already been done and he could distance himself from coach Rambis in the off-season.

The Numbers

Games and Averages

Games Played: 63
Games Started: 38
PPG: 13.7
RPG: 9.7
APG: 3.5
SPG: 0.8
BPG: 0.7

Shooting Percentages

FG%: .429
3PT%: .000
FT%: .831

Team Record: 25-57

Standings

EAST

Atlanta 60-22
Miami 60-22
Boston 53-29
Orlando 49-33
Milwaukee 48-34
Chicago 46-36
Charlotte 44-38
New York 38-44
---
Detroit 38-44
Cleveland 32-50
Toronto 32-50
Indiana 31-51
Philadelphia 29-53
New Jersey 25-57
Washington 25-57

WEST

Dallas 57-25
LA Lakers 49-33
San Antonio 48-34
Oklahoma City 45-37
Utah 43-39
New Orleans 42-40
Phoenix 41-41
Houston 41-41
---
Minnesota 41-41
Denver 40-42
Memphis 40-42
Golden State 38-44
Sacramento 36-46
Portland 35-47
LA Clippers 24-58

---------------

Awards, Teams, The NBA Champs and hopefully a highlight video will be up next.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon May 02, 2011 10:35 pm

At least, two nice wins to finish the season. Planning to stay in DC, or leaving? :cheeky:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 pm

I would leave, maybe to Cleveland or something. You can be a star there
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Bucket on Mon May 02, 2011 11:39 pm

I think you should leave, Wizards is not your team. Good update. (Y)
Bucket

Postby Kenny on Wed May 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Thierry • wrote:At least, two nice wins to finish the season. Planning to stay in DC, or leaving? :cheeky:

After the awful season I had, those last two wins were definitely satisfying. And my future plans will be up very soon :)

Houndy wrote:I would leave, maybe to Cleveland or something. You can be a star there

A situation like that would be desirable. I think I'd prefer to be on a bad team that I could be prominant in than a great team I'd be a bench warmer on.

Valdis wrote:I think you should leave, Wizards is not your team. Good update. (Y)

I liked the Wizards team before Hedo was acquired for Kirk Hinrich. He became such a pain in the ass.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed May 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Just for something different...

Awards

MVP: LeBron James [MIA]
ROY: John Wall [WAS]
6th: Evan Turner [PHI]
DPOY: Dwight Howard [ORL]
MIP: Terrence Williams [NJN]
Coach: Larry Drew [ATL]

Teams

All NBA First

Dwight Howard [ORL]
Kevin Durant [OKC]
LeBron James [MIA]
Chris Paul [NOH]
Kobe Bryant [LAL]

All NBA Second

Yao Ming [HOU]
Gerald Wallace [CHA]
Dirk Nowitzki [DAL]
Derrick Rose [CHI]
Monta Ellis [GSW]

All NBA Third

Andrea Bargnani [TOR]
Carmelo Anthony [DEN]
David Lee [GSW]
Manu Ginobili [SAN]
Dwyane Wade [MIA]

All Defensive First

Dwight Howard [ORL]
Josh Smith [ATL]
Gerald Wallace [CHA]
Manu Ginobili [SAN]
Dwyane Wade [MIA]

All Defensive Second

Javale McGee [WAS]
LeBron James [MIA]
Kevin Durant [OKC]
Tyreke Evans [SAC]
Chris Paul [NOH]

All Rookie First

John Wall [WAS]
Kenny Young [WAS]
Evan Turner [PHI]
Blake Griffin [LAC]
Wesley Johnson [MIN]

All Rookie Second

Ed Davis [TOR]
Derrick Favors [NJN]
Ekpe Udoh [GSW]
Paul George [IND]
Al-Farouq Aminu [LAC]

Kenny's Top Dunks

Admittedly I was a little hasty with my ranking system here. I wanted to get the video together and I didn't give too much thought to which dunks were actually better, but anyway, here it is:

phpBB [video]
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby dare on Thu May 05, 2011 10:28 am

lol at the Wolves beating the Lakers in 5 games. Nice video although I think that 2 and 3 could be swap.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Kenny on Fri May 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Definitely a few unexpected results in that season... I guess the wacky sim results from TNL are haunting me in this as well :lol:

You're probably right about the dunk, for a long time in the season, the dunk on Josh Smith was actually my number one. But because I did that one from the Raptors pretty much off a step, I decided to rank it higher. I guess they're interchangable really.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri May 06, 2011 5:00 pm

The Decision: Young Signs With Denver

Kenny Young decided to end his tumultuous tenure with the Washington Wizards, signing with the Denver Nuggets. After Carmelo Anthony decided to leave the franchise for Indiana, the Nuggets were on the hunt for a new small forward and eagerly persued the signature of Kenny Young after he enjoyed a surprisingly productive rookie campaign.

Sources close to the situation say that Young also had offers from the Los Angeles Lakers and the New Orleans Hornets, as well as an option to re-sign with the Wizards, but claimed the lure of playing time was too good to refuse.

Young was the second high profile signing of the off-season, as Jamal Crawford of the Atlanta Hawks also agreed on terms with the franchise.

Expected Rotation

Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Derrick Williams on Fri May 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Nice one man!
Derrick Williams

Postby Justine. on Fri May 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Wow, great decision man! Good luck on your stay with Denver, a bright season is waiting for you :)
Justine.
Novakaine!

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood