Dear LiveJournal,

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dear LiveJournal,

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Lean wrote:She's over at the other side of the table. Does not even speak to me directly. Teh sadz. :(

Dear Livejournal, it's me EmoLean again.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:08 am

Hey at least I don't make new threads about it. :P /doobie
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:57 am

Dear LiveJournal,

I am going to a Houston Dynamo game today. :D I've been out of touch with the football/soccer world thanks to basketball, so maybe this'll get me interested again. Hopefully the Dynamo don't bomb out of the playoffs this season like the Rockets...
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Lean on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:41 am

Dear LiveJournal,

I hate being in the nightshift.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:36 pm

I don't envy that.

Finally getting a Telstra tech out tomorrow morning, so these connection woes should hopefully be over in less than 24 hours.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:17 pm

This Axe roll-over ad on the top of the page is making tab browsing the forums a pain in the ass....fuck it Portal 2 today
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:48 am

The Machete ad is the one that's been annoying me lately.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:56 am

Andrew wrote:I don't envy that.

Ruins my sleeping patterns everyday but Sunday.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:09 am

I feel your pain Lean, at one point I was doing shifts of 10pm-6:30am... they were particularly brutal. Right now I'm doing 2pm-10:30pm, which is more attuned to my usual routine.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:24 am

Yeah. Been doing the graveyard shift for almost 4 years now. However, I have been able to work my way towards coming in to work sometime between 1 and 3 am or the occasional 4-5 am. I think I get more done that way. Also, every day I have off destroys my sleep schedule(which I don't really have) since I revert to normal sleeping hours. I have to get tired enough to get in on time the next night after being up all day, or stay up 24 hours and sleep all day after work.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:03 am

That's something I can't do. Sometimes I had to settle to play games for about four hours right after getting home then sleep for a measly three hours afterwards. Current shift is 10PM to 7AM the following morning. Still up right now.

Doing Flash ads at dawn doesn't produce great results.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:29 am

Internet connection is finally back up to speed and not dropping out every five minutes or so. Gotta hand it to Telstra, you have to jump through hoops to get them to send a tech out but they said they'd be here between 8 and 12 and a tech showed up at around 8 on the dot.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 am

Lean wrote:That's something I can't do. Sometimes I had to settle to play games for about four hours right after getting home then sleep for a measly three hours afterwards...

Sometimes I can't even play them. I think it's been 2 years since I played a video game everyday after work, or even the same day depending on if I went right to sleep or not. If a new game comes out that I want to play, it's a no brainer.

But...4 hours, really? What's causing you to sleep only 3 hours? How many hours do you work?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:18 pm

9 hours a day, though I'm home now. I just don't know what's with sleeping at daylight that's keeping me that much dazed at night. It's my third week back at night shift and my body clock should have adjusted to the crime-fighter schedule but heck, no.

I try to sleep at 10am to at least get 6 hours but I wake up by 2pm. I'd only get sleepy again by 6pm, four hours before my schedule.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby koberulz on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Andrew wrote:Internet connection is finally back up to speed and not dropping out every five minutes or so. Gotta hand it to Telstra, you have to jump through hoops to get them to send a tech out but they said they'd be here between 8 and 12 and a tech showed up at around 8 on the dot.

Lucky. We got a Foxtel tech out between 10 and 2 once. He arrived at 5PM, thoroughly confused as to why we might be bothered, because hey, at least he got here, right?
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby benji on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Last time I had something "installed" they said between 9am and 6pm. And he came at 6:15, sat in his truck for fifteen minutes, and then it took him like a half hour to go out to his truck and get the jack activated. (Not really, because I turned on the TV like a minute after he got into his truck and it was already activated. I watched TV while waiting for him to come back, then I turned it off so he could "check it" because I hated him by that point.) Then he came back up to install spyware on my computer and asked if I already had e-mail and I said yes so he typed in something random for the password and I can never access anything related to the cable account online since.

He also used a cable I have to return to them at some point that is so long I could stretch it from my deck door to my kitchen which is about 25 feet. Even though the TV and cable modem were both within two feet of the jack in the wall. (Since I'm not insane and thus have a router.)

This is why Kramer was right.
benji

Postby J@3 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:58 pm

He was black?
J@3

Postby benji on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Why do you hate my President?

Bald white guy.

Worse than blacks.
benji

Postby JaoSming on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:08 am

First I'm kinda pissy that I don't have anything to watch, but I really REALLY hate these "Most Popular" suggestions. Look at this shit. Hmm, if I take a picture with the gayest possible pose, maybe that will increase my views.

F that, do it the right way, post some random shit, wait 3 years, and then celebrate 1,000,000 views with friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q29p23Dqqko
:shifty:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 am

koberulz wrote:Lucky. We got a Foxtel tech out between 10 and 2 once. He arrived at 5PM, thoroughly confused as to why we might be bothered, because hey, at least he got here, right?

That's just poor. I've only had to get Foxtel techs out a couple of times and each time they've been pretty prompt, but there was one instance where I had to get the box replaced since the modem had conked out (and as such, I couldn't use any on-demand services). The tech they sent out gave me what was a very outdated model which was slow to change channels, load the on-screen menus or for that matter respond to the remote in any way. I questioned him about it and he told me it needed "time to warm up" before hurriedly getting into his van and driving away before I could press the issue further.

Needless to say, it didn't need time to warm up. He obviously only had an old box on hand as a replacement and couldn't be bothered making alternative arrangements (or being truthful about it), so tossed out that poor excuse and got away as quickly as he could. I called them up again and made it clear that the replacement wasn't good enough, at which point they admitted I had an old model and sent someone back to replace it with the latest one, thankfully free of charge.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:21 pm

JaoSming wrote:F that, do it the right way, post some random shit, wait 3 years, and then celebrate 1,000,000 views with friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q29p23Dqqko
:shifty:

Did this idiot just upload a video from his shit quality Tv?
so im a girl n im 5 11 i complaint bout my height but u guys r too damn rude
It's the guy from the bedroom intruder.
A fucking quad druple double HOLY SHIT BAWLS SACK HOMO SEXUAL CUNT KNOCKING WHORE how the hell do you do that?
DAMN Thats a HUGE BITCH
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JaoSming on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:56 pm

yea, not the best comments
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby J@3 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Ah, the youth of today
J@3

Postby benji on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:44 pm

WHAT IS UHHHHH

More like what is "cufirtokmyfugiortknh" or "fncuvdifgrdifj"?
benji

Postby koberulz on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Andrew wrote:a very outdated model which was slow to change channels, load the on-screen menus or for that matter respond to the remote in any way.

Interesting. Our IQ2 does that at times. 99% of the time it's fine, but then suddenly it's two full seconds between pressing the button and the box responding, and the TV Guide and Planner both start as blank screens before all the channels/recorded shows sequentially pop up. You can actually see them load individually, rather than flash up on the screen all at once. It's rather odd.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic