Game-Winning Shots You've Made in Live/2K

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Game-Winning Shots You've Made in Live/2K

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:20 am

In my opinion, a game-winning shot is the best moment in basketball. That's why whenever I score a game-winner in a video game, it's an awesome feeling. I'm sure everyone has scored a game-winning shot in a Live or 2K at some point in their lives. Share them here!

I'll go first. In my first Rockets story, I made some game-winners, but my most noteworthy one was against the Bobcats. A three at the buzzer to send it to OT, just to set it up. And then, the dagger in overtime:
phpBB [video]

Won that game 100-98.

I've made others as well, like in an offline Live 10 dynasty with T-Mac. I banked in an elbow jumper at the buzzer over LeBron James (against the Cavs) to win 95-97.

So any noteworthy game-winners any of you guys have made in Live or 2K before? If you don't have a video, a description is good, too. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Game-Winning Shots You've Made in Live/2K

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:36 am

i've had a few, and they've all been against friends in a head to head battle on the same system. my roommate was the lakers and I was the wizards in NBA 2k9. i'm down 2 and gilbert dribbling at the top of the key. dribble right and pull up for 3 for the win.

those are the best since you can immediately gloat & brag because your opponent is sitting right there.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:45 am

The community site seems to come up and down randomly, give the videos a second

Well I had this one with Shaq in an Association game

but yea, this one with MJ was better, especially since, ya know, it counted, classic roster association game

those were 2k10, this is my only "clutch" moment so far in 2k11
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby rise on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:19 am

Unfortunately I don't have videos, but I've made several game winners, but my best one was with Steve Nash. 115-113, Phoenix down to Utah. Nash Caught a defensive rebound dribbled to approximately the three-point line and swished a 70 (?)-footer at the buzzer.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:02 am

No videos on hand, but two of my most memorable have come in my NBA Live 06 Bulls Dynasty. In the first season, I hit an 18 footer with Ben Gordon to down the Pistons at the buzzer and in the most recent game I played, I banked in a three with Kyle Korver with 0.2 seconds remaining to defeat the Nets for win number 34 in a row.

In an NBA Live 2005 Bulls Dynasty, I also made a game winning layup with Luol Deng that sat on the rim for a moment before dropping in as time expired.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 pm

One that I can always recall is for 2K9. Hawks vs. Mavs. Inbound on the right sideline. Made Joe Johnson run between screens, by the time I inbounded the ball he was isolated on the right baseline against Jason Terry. Drive, stepback, took the shot, regretted that I should have driven all the way because Terry is the only defender, shot goes in, me and Josh Smith raise hands, Terry and Dirk bow their heads in shame and defeat.

Kobe doin' work.
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=2110856
I was the Celtics.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JaoSming on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:54 pm

shadowgrin wrote:I was the Celtics.

Damn right you were
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Houndy on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:42 am

Well, I've had my share of game winners, but game tying shots at the buzzer? I had 3 in one game.

At the end of regulation, down by three, Jeff Green nails a three to tie the game between the Lakers and Thunder.

At the end of OT, Westbrook had an open layup and missed, but Thabeet flew in and layed it up.

And at the end of 2OT, Durant nailed a half court shot
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:52 am

did anybody get the trophies in Live 10? i cheated and put thte game on really easy to get some of the trophies harder to get just playing the game normally. wound up getting every single trophy for live 10 but 1 was duplicating Wade's game winning 3 in triple OT vs the Bulls (the "this is my house" game). that took a few tries to get.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:38 am

Yeah, how exactly do you do that? Does the game let you earn those trophies by doing user vs. user? Or is it strictly user vs. CPU? I've never really made an effort to win trophies, but I've always wondered how you're supposed to earn those that require game-winners.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:18 am

i got 100% on live 10. for the harder ones, i played the cpu on rookie. the hardest one had to be the 10 blocks with dwight. i seriously had to play 12 minute quarters and the whole game i would intentionally turn the ball over and get 5 second violations to get more opportunities.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 am

Qballer wrote:did anybody get the trophies in Live 10? i cheated and put thte game on really easy to get some of the trophies harder to get just playing the game normally. wound up getting every single trophy for live 10 but 1 was duplicating Wade's game winning 3 in triple OT vs the Bulls (the "this is my house" game). that took a few tries to get.

I got a few Achievements but I didn't bother chasing some of those tougher ones, such as the triple overtime.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 am

Q you cheesing azn.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:19 pm

yeah i combined some of them. the game i went for the brandon roy steals game, i went for the rookie scoring one with dante cunningham. for the 3 OT game i put 2 min quarters and intentionally kept the game close so it would be tied at the end. it ain't cheating if i'm just way too good to be playing on rookie difficulty :P
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby rise on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:42 am

Just had two uber-clutch moments today playing Mavs vs. Clippers. The score was 117-115 LAC winning, and we're playing in Dallas. 0.9 seconds left. Shawn Marion inbounded from half court and Dirk catches it and shoots a perfect 18-20-foot jumper. Then in overtime it was 125-121 Clippers. With ten seconds left, Dirk swished a three, then Jason Terry came out of nowhere to steal Blake Griffin's inbound pass to Eric Gordon. As the buzzer went off, Jason Terry banked in a crazy reverse layup. We won 126-125 and I just couldn't believe what I'd just done. :D
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Return to Other Basketball Games