[46-36]History in the Making ※ Playoffs Preview!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: [2K11]History in the Making - Expansion Draft + FA Signi

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Darko!!! (Y) Unless you make some good trades, I see a 15-win season coming for this team. Much of the roster is made up of mostly garbage time players. :lol: Good luck with the team, you're probably gonna need it. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Murat on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:24 pm

Hey, you needed to pick Maurice Evans!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rise on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Jared Dudley? :lol:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Valor on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 am

Sit wrote:He was a shit starter dude.

Plus, I am not obliged to like every Laker. ;)

Fair enough

Axel. wrote:Darko!!! (Y) Unless you make some good trades, I see a 15-win season coming for this team. Much of the roster is made up of mostly garbage time players. :lol: Good luck with the team, you're probably gonna need it. :)

Yeah it looks that way right now, lets see if i can get anything good done :wink:

Badger wrote:Hey, you needed to pick Maurice Evans!

Opps, forgot about him...damn

z02 wrote:Jared Dudley? :lol:

Oh man, there were so many good players out there? :facepalm2:

Sorry about the lack of activities here guys, I just moved to Sydney and settled into my new place so it's gonna take some time before i can get back into NLSC activities agian :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:12 am

Looking at the protected players, you missed an opportunity not picking Greg Monroe. I did the same, protecting those 8 players, Portland offered me Aldridge for Monroe. :P
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Martti. wrote:Looking at the protected players, you missed an opportunity not picking Greg Monroe. I did the same, protecting those 8 players, Portland offered me Aldridge for Monroe. :P

Ahhh, well I figured I'll always miss out a few golden picks here or there :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 am

Chapter 2

As Leo Lai began his trip down the isle towards the center podium prepared inside Eden Park, he can't help but feel a little nervous about what was about to take place. Butterflies began churning in his stomach, a sensation that hasn't struck him since his high school playing days.
This is it, today is the day where everything will begin Lai thought to himself as he took a deep breath and took his strides onto the field.

Lai looked on from the podium, the stadium was packed and he could feel the anticipation of more than 50,000 people in the stands. All eyes were on him.
Lai walked forward and approached the microphone, it was time to do it
"Good Morning! Fellow Kiwis!" Lai yelled into the microphone, the crowd roared back in excitement "Today will mark the beginning of a new chapter in New Zealand sports history!"
"It is truly my honor today, to announce the name of your new team!"
Lai paused, and allowed the deafening sound of the crowd cheering to last for a moment before continuing.
"Please give it up, for your very own NBA team. The NEW ZEALAND PANTHERS!" Lai practically screamed into the microphone.
The crowd, on the other hand, did not exactly scream back in approval. There were some cheers, but it was mostly boos that would rival the famous ones from New Yorkers. Lai knew that Kiwis would have been the most welcomed name, but he wanted something different, something unique, and something, that would give this team the fierce identity that they would need.

He smiled, turned and unveiled the logo behind him, and felt the crowd's displeasure lightened somewhat. He had especially put a spin on the colour theme used, veering away from the traditional black, white and silver used, to a more fierce black, white and red. Red is for blood, that's what we're after Lai thought as he pulled the microphone over once again

"Now ladies and gentleman, it is my pleasure to introduce to you, the first ever head coach of your New Zealand Panthers!" Lai paused and drew the attention of the stadium "He is a five time MVP of the New Zealand Basketball League and captained the 2006 silver medal winning Tall Blacks squad at the Commonwealth Games. Please welcome, a ten time champion of the NBL, Pero Cameron!"

On cue, Cameron appeared out of the tunnel and jogged through the field and onto the podium, he shook hands with Lai, who gave him a Panthers jersey, and took over the microphone position. As Cameron began his speech, Lai gazed around the stadium, packed with enthustic fans, cheering for their new-found team.

Lai smiled, things are working out just fine.

✧✧✧✧✧

After all the processes in the arrival and settling of the 14 players, staff and equipment imported from America, the Panthers only had a little more than a week left before the season begins. They won't be having any preseason games, and only one week's worth of training camp.

It was going to be hard work, but Lai already anticipated this in his planning process. What he didn't anticipate, was how out of shape one his center Eddy Curry is. In addition to the strained hamstring that Curry has, the physical that every player took revealed his shocking weight of over 350 pounds. Lai did not believe it at first, but when the trainers showed him the data, he could only stare in disgust. So as he walked towards the training facility, he could already envision what he was going to see.

"CURRY, WOULD YOU RUN, OR AT LEAST JOG, INSTEAD OF WALKING IN THE PACE OF A SNAIL FOR ONCE!?" Cameron's yells was the first thing Lai hears as he walked onto the practice court "SCAL! STOP SHOWING OFF YOUR RING AND START PRACTICING!"
Lai watched for a while before walking up to his head coach for a conversation
"How's the team doing?" Lai asked carefully
"See for yourself, these guys are going to be trashed the first game we play" Cameron was grim "We need better players, right now we are as soft as pancakes"
"Well, we are an expansion team so can't expect much for now" frowned Lai "Just work with what you've got for now, I'll try to find some deals"

The two were chatting a bit more, but their conversation was cut short suddenly by sounds of scuffling on the floor.
"WHAT THE FUCK !?" It was Darko Milicic, apparently upset at fellow big man Reggie Evans "You fucking grabbed my nuts for what!?"
"Yo chill, not like I ripped them off" Evans was apparently laughing "Man, you have small balls"
"YOU CUNT, PUSSY! YOU THINK YOU ARE IMPORTANT?!" Darko was being restrained by his teammates "I'LL FUCK YOUR MOTHER'S CUNTS! YOU CAN SUCK MY COCK!"
At this point Evans backed off, and Milicic was restrained by training staff who have just arrived on the scene, but Darko was still shouting as he was being pushed back "I'LL FUCK YOUR MOTHER IN THE MOUTH! YOUR DAUGHTER TOO!"

Lai watched all of this unfold and shook his head, Not exactly the best of starts, huh
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:54 am

Kiwis reveal team name, jerseys and court

It was a significant day for the NBA, and in particular, the
brand new expansion team that is to be based in Auckland, New Zealand.

The team announced "Panthers" to be used as the team's name, and
although that didn't exactly meet the approval of the fans, the logo
design and colours certainly did.

Aside from the traditional Black and White, the Panthers have also
decided to add a touch of crimson red to their colour theme.

Below are photos of the team's logo, jerseys and court.

Logo of The New Zealand Panthers

Image Image
Home and away Jersey of the Panthers as worn by local star Kirk Penney

Panthers announce Head Coach

The New Zealand Panthers have announced the hiring of
former Tall Blacks captain and local favorite Pero Cameron as the
team's first ever head coach.

Cameron (36), is a ten time champion (one as coach) and five time
MVP of New Zealand's National Basketball League in his 16 year playing
career, he was named coach of the year in his first year coaching with
the Wellington Saints and is a silver medalist in the Commonwealth
games as the captain of the Tall Blacks.

Coaching at this level, however, will be completely new to Cameron and
he'll better adjust quickly if the talent depleted expansion franchise is to
evade the worse season in NBA history in their debut season.

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [2K11]History in the Making - Chapter 2 + Articles

Postby George7 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:58 am

Nice chapter there!!
Hopefully you can at least fight your first match,concerning what kind of a team you have :mrgreen:
George7

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am

Grading The Deal: Knicks Acquire Carmelo Anthony
Oct 10th, 2010 23:11 PM EST

When you have a chance to acquire a player that is capable of being the best player on the floor on most nights, and in the conversation on the others, you simply have to do it.

The universal consensus over the past few years has been that in order to win the Finals, or even to get deep into the playoffs, a team must have at least two of the absolute best players in the NBA.

Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire have their deficiencies that prevent them from consistently being top-five players in the entire NBA, but they are each generally top-15 players and each has the capacity to outplay their counterparts who are universally considered in that top-five.

The one offensive element separating Anthony from Dwyane Wade and LeBron James, who are the two best all-around wings in the game is as a passer. Anthony's assist rate has typically been half as high as Wade and LeBron despite having the ball in his hands with as much frequency. LeBron and Wade also give a more consistent effort defensively, though I expect that to change for Anthony with New York (at least for home games).

But Anthony is a better pure scorer than LeBron and should have significantly more NBA minutes remaining in his career in comparison to Wade. Carmelo uses his athleticism in a way that is more Muhammad Ali than Bo Jackson and because he already is a gifted scorer in the post, he should perform at relatively the same level as where he is today for another six or seven seasons.

The ancillary benefit of having Anthony and Amar'e on the floor together is the freedom that is created for New York's other scorers because of how difficult those two players are to cover without double-teams.

The Seven Seconds or Less system is all about finding the first open shot available and if they can acquire the right blend of spot-up shooters who can defend and rebound to go with Anthony and Amar'e, their potential will be maximized and this should be a team that ranks in the top three or four in points scored per 100 possessions on a consistent basis.

But the Knicks already rank eighth in this category, but just 20th in defense. Teams that compete for titles typically need to at least be in the top-10 in both areas, otherwise the deficiency is too easily exploitable in a seven-game series against those high quality teams.

Now that the two-star formula has been squared away for the Knicks in just a matter of eight months after striking out on LeBron, the remainder of their roster is problematic.

After dealing Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, Wilson Chandler for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter, Renaldo Balkman and Corey Brewer, the Knicks have considerably less depth in the present and less assets to acquire functional players in the future.

For the sake of sorting through one thing at a time, let's assume the Knicks are able to plug some holes with the likes of Earl Barron and move on to the key components.

One of the key elements from New York's perspective is how things compare between Billups and Felton.

Felton is having the finest season of his career and enjoyed a sizable bump playing in SSoL, and with Stoudemire as his pick-and-roll partner. But Felton also tailed off from his excellent shooting in the beginning of the season, hitting 36.7% of his three-point attempts and 47.5% from the field in November down to a three-point/field goal split of 29.0% and 37.3% in January.

Billups, on the other hand, has shot 44.1% from distance this season and only one season below 38.5% since becoming a regular a decade ago.

With Anthony and Amar'e dominating the ball around the bucket, floor-spreading shooting is essential and Billups is the better shooter without question.

Billups also is the better pick-and-roll player, makes better decisions in transition (particularly with controlling tempo) and also can exploit occasional mismatches in the post, which is not part of Felton's game whatsoever.

Defensively, neither player is very effective at this point in their careers, but I think there is a greater inherent trust in Billups, though Felton's younger legs would be preferred against the likes of Derrick Rose and Rajon Rondo.

By nearly every metric, Billups is the better player right now and particularly improves New York's chances in the playoffs where his pedigree is self-explanatory.

The only drawback is present continuity and that Billups is almost certainly a rental over the next 16 months. We will need to see where the salary cap goes for 2012 when Chris Paul and Deron Williams become free agents and if it is not promising for New York, finding a long-term solution at point guard becomes an absolute imperative that becomes difficult. The center position is also an area where they will need to get lucky as they did with Landry Fields, and Mozgov (who was signed as a free agent). Stoudemire is much more effective at power forward and that also ensure Anthony remains a big small forward instead of a small power forward.

The Knicks are in a similar situation in the middle of the season that the Heat faced after acquiring LeBron and Chris Bosh, as over-30 veteran minimums are needed to fill out the roster. New York has to hope for a veteran buyout at center, or perhaps get lucky with a 10-day contract D-League player.

The Knicks aren't expecting anything out of Williams, Balkman and Carter, but the addition of Brewer has some promise. Wing players with athleticism and anything resembling a decent jumper have historically thrived with D'Antoni and perhaps that formula could work with Brewer since he will receive consistent minutes backing up Fields.

Pragmatically speaking, the key losses for the Knicks are Gallinari and Mozgov.

Chandler has blossomed into a nice player, but they would have been unable to keep him this summer if they would have been forced to sign Anthony outright. Felton had a nice 50-game run with the Knicks, but he knew what he was getting into when he signed a two-year contract.

Gallinari has been a better perimeter shooter than expected when he was drafted sixth overall in the 2008 NBA Draft. His rookie season was almost lost entirely due to a back injury, but he has been durable ever since and has shown some glimpses of the playmaking off the dribble that made him such a highly coveted prospect in the first place. In a rebuilding situation where his usage increases and he gets to play off the dribble, Gallinari has the potential to become the kind of player that can average 20 points, three assists and six rebounds per 36 minutes.

Mozgov is the great unknown of the trade and was the sticking point over the final 24 hours of negotiations. He already is a serviceable center with his ability on the offensive glass and shotblocking, plus he has considerable room for improvement. His inclusion wasn't something that should have been a deal-breaker for either side and clearly the Knicks weren't prepared to wait Denver out.

Anthony gets to play for the team he strongly preferred all along and he also gets his extension. From those two vantage points in a vacuum, he is a big winner.

But he could have quite easily given the Knicks considerably more leverage by being more transparent in his absolute reluctance to sign an extension with the Nets. The deal made by the Knicks isn't an outright bloodbath, but they are trading away considerably more than what would have been necessary otherwise.

On Sunday after the All-Star Game, Anthony told me he wasn't "mad at Denver for asking for everything and the kitchen sink". Less than 24 hours later, the Nuggets pretty much received the kitchen sink.

In terms of trading away assets, the only players of consequence the Knicks didn't trade were Stoudemire and Fields. Considering they could have signed Anthony outright as soon as the offseason begins (after the CBA is agreed upon), the price they paid has to be classified as steep. But it was also a price that has to be classified as ultimately worth it.

Regardless of what one might think about Latrell Sprewell, Stephon Marbury or Allan Houston, the Knicks unquestionably now have their best player and second best player (however you want to rate them) since Patrick Ewing.

Grade for Knicks: B-

The Nuggets had very little leverage in this entire situation and have been saved by labor uncertainty, so David Stern's quest for greater NBA parity has its first winner.

Dealing with the Nuggets over the past few months, by all accounts, has been a grueling process with the front office consistently changing the finish line on their trade partners. They played the media very well, consistently stirring up the Nets and even bringing in the Lakers as innocent bystanders.

The package of Gallinari, Mozgov and Chandler lacks the potential for star power that Derrick Favors would have yielded, but these are multiple players worth considering as members of your core moving forward, or to be packaged in other moves.

It appears as though Felton (and possibly Mozgov) will be flipped in a side trade, so the Nuggets have several more steps ahead of them before their true trajectory becomes clear, but this is an excellent first step.

They may extend Nene, which would be a wise move since centers still in their twenties that can score as well as he can are extremely valuable. A trio of Ty Lawson, Nene and Gallinari could win 30 games per season until they are able to find an elite scorer to truly replace Anthony, but keeping Gallinari appears unlikely.

If Anthony were two years away from free agency, the return would have undeniably been much better but this is about as good as humanly possible considering the circumstances. But the Nuggets also were a few days away from going down the summer sign-and-trade route that only nets a TPE and a future pick or two.

Furthermore, the financial savings Denver receives is enormous because they were able to send out so much salary without needing to absorb the contract of Curry. Between the savings in salary and luxury tax, the Kroenke family is very happy that this trade was consummated in this way. Stan Kroenke has that Wal-Mart and real estate money, plus Arsenal, so he's had plenty of very profitable days in his lifetime already, but this is about as good as it gets from a sports perspective short of selling a team outright or signing a $3 billion television deal as the Lakers did last week.

Grade for Nuggets: A

Despite a limited NBA resume, Anthony Randolph is one of the more enigmatic players we have seen in recent memory. He was stuck in Don Nelson's doghouse with the Warriors and then Mike D'Antoni's with the Knicks, but he is a unique talent with elite shotblocking capabilities and a versatile offensive game.

Similar to his acquisition of Michael Beasley last summer, David Kahn has won a trade in terms of talent acquisition even if the mental part of Randolph's game and long-term fit is questionable.

Grade for Wolves: B+

Note: Yup, 99.9% copied from realgm.com, had to put this in 'cause the rosters I'm using didn't have this trade, so I will do it before starting the association mode
Last edited by Valor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [2K11]History in the Making - Chapter 2 + Articles

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am

George7 wrote:Nice chapter there!!
Hopefully you can at least fight your first match,concerning what kind of a team you have :mrgreen:

Cheers man, I fear this will be a longggg season haha
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am

Banner, Header, Signature, Logo Request

Hey guys, since I absolutely stink at photoshop, I would like to ask for assistance in making the banner and sig for this association. It should have the name "History in the Making" in it, but other than that it's up to you. Be creative :)

Additionally, I would like to ask for you guys to also make me a header to use in articles, one similar to this following one but with the grizzlies icon replaced by a Panthers icon and the Chicago logo replaced by a Panthers logo, with the words New Zealand Front Office instead of Chicago Front Office.

Lastly, for my roster list I wish to have a logo that I could use, something similar to this here -----> Image

The main colors are black and white/silver (like the NZ fern) as well as a splash of red (same shade as the Chicago Bulls red).

Your help would be greatly appreciated, I don't really have any rewards for this but I will remember that it is you who made this association possible (Y)
Note: if i decide to put in NLSCers, you will earn 5 points for each item (same system as in Road to Glory II)

Cheers
Valor

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [2K11]History in the Making - Graphics Request + Rosters

Postby Murat on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:13 am

whatcha think man?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lamrock on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:38 am

Here are some backups:

Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Badger, Thanks, it looks ok but I was thinking of separate ones for the association banner, a team roster header and a header for articles. :wink:

Lamrock, love it but I was thinking of going for a more professional outlook. Cheers anyways (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Justine. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Valor on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Justine., Cheers man, be perfect for me to use if the font was a bit clearer though, is that possible? (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [2K11]History in the Making - Graphics Request + RL Deal

Postby Justine. on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Let me try man.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby The X on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:36 pm

I saw Penney play in person last Sunday. Boy can ball. Too good for NBL :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Justine. wrote:Let me try man.

Cheers man

The X wrote:I saw Penney play in person last Sunday. Boy can ball. Too good for NBL :P

What!? You are so lucky man haha, he's like my second fav player outside the NBA
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Valor wrote:
The X wrote:I saw Penney play in person last Sunday. Boy can ball. Too good for NBL :P

What!? You are so lucky man haha, he's like my second fav player outside the NBA

Yeah, I was more or less courtside (3rd row, first 2 rows are reserved for family members & people in the know) of NZ Breakers-Gold Coast Blaze game last Sunday. Drove down an hour to the Gold Coast to watch the game. I think he went 6/7 from 3pt land, including a crossover, stepback turning 3 in some guy's face :P I can see why he didn't hang around in NBA, just lacked any NBA athleticism, plus he's white. He's got an NBA skill though, shooting the long ball. Was great to see him in person though.

I also came within a foot of Pero Cameron. My wife was shocked at how huge he was considering most basketballers are twigs. I am 6'2", 110kgs & she said he made me look like a weener just because he's like 6'4"/6'5" & a brick shithouse. Pero is a tank. He was actually a lot more muscly & in shape than I thought. From a distance he looks real fat but close up he's a tough SOB. Seems like a real nice guy. I thought about talking to him but thought it would've been rude to interrupt him as he was talking to someone he knew. Pero is Gold Coast's assistant coach.

Was a great game, double overtime. Penney scored like 35 points, hit 66% of his shots including 87% of his treys (6/7), so was all good :P

If you're living in Sydney or moving there then I'd suggest getting down to a Kings' game when the Breakers are in town (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Nets Acquire Deron Williams

The New Jersey Nets have officially acquired two-time All Star guard Deron Williams
from the Utah Jazz in exchange for guard Devin Harris, forward Derrick Favors, and cash
considerations, Nets General Manager Billy King announced.

The Nets will also send Troy Murphy to the Warriors for Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright
in a separate trade.

"We are very excited to add a player the caliber of Deron Williams to our roster," said King.
"He is one of the premier point guards in the NBA, and his skill and talent level will bolster
our franchise as we continue to build towards our goal of becoming a championship-caliber team."

The Nets had been pursuing Carmelo Anthony for several months, but Williams is not a
consolation prize from their perspective.

"This is not a plan B," Avery Johnson said. "It was just one that wasn't announced. One that
nobody got -- until recently. He's not a plan B. He's a plan A also. We've been working on this for a while."

Utah recently lost head coach Jerry Sloan and now they will begin rebuilding with the Williams' trade.

“We feel that we’ve addressed a current need at point guard with Deron’s departure, as well as the
future with draft picks and a big man,” said Jazz GM Kevin O’Connor. “To do so we had to give up
an All-Star, but we feel like this is a win for both sides.”

Hawks, Wizards Finalize Hinrich Trade

The Atlanta Hawks tonight acquired guard Kirk Hinrich and center/forward Hilton Armstrong
from the Washington Wizards in exchange for Mike Bibby, Maurice Evans, and Jordan Crawford.

“We felt we had a good opportunity to improve our ballclub by adding Kirk and Hilton,” Sund said.

“Kirk is a well-rounded player that gives us options at both guard positions. In addition to being a solid
and hard-nosed defender, he is a good shooter who can also distribute the ball. His resume includes
significant playoff experience as well. Hilton can play both center and power forward, and will add
frontcourt depth.”

Clippers Trade Baron To Cleveland For Mo Williams

The Cavaliers and Clippers have agreed upon a trade of Mo Williams and Jamario Moon for Baron
Davis, according to sources that spoke with Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports.

Williams is signed through the 12-13 season, though he has an early termination option for 11-12
and player option for 12-13, neither of which he's likely to utilize.

Davis is signed at a higher annual rate, but his salary for 12-13 is a partial/non-guaranteed season.

Davis signed a five-year, $65 million contract with the Clippers in the summer of 2008 in what
was originally intended to be a chance for him to unite with Elton Brand.

Davis was largely ineffective in his first two seasons on a Clippers' team that had been depleted,
but he came into the current season in better shape and energized by the emergence of Blake Griffin.

The Akron Beacon-Journal reports that the Cavaliers will not use their traded player exception from
the LeBron James sign-and-trade to complete this deal. Sending Moon along with Williams for the
contract of Davis works for Cleveland in terms of matching salaries.

Yup, another copy, paste and edit from me to get through the real life transaction...same trades except for the picks
Last edited by Valor on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:09 pm

The X wrote:
Valor wrote:

Yeah, I was more or less courtside (3rd row, first 2 rows are reserved for family members & people in the know) of NZ Breakers-Gold Coast Blaze game last Sunday. Drove down an hour to the Gold Coast to watch the game. I think he went 6/7 from 3pt land, including a crossover, stepback turning 3 in some guy's face :P I can see why he didn't hang around in NBA, just lacked any NBA athleticism, plus he's white. He's got an NBA skill though, shooting the long ball. Was great to see him in person though.

I also came within a foot of Pero Cameron. My wife was shocked at how huge he was considering most basketballers are twigs. I am 6'2", 110kgs & she said he made me look like a weener just because he's like 6'4"/6'5" & a brick shithouse. Pero is a tank. He was actually a lot more muscly & in shape than I thought. From a distance he looks real fat but close up he's a tough SOB. Seems like a real nice guy. I thought about talking to him but thought it would've been rude to interrupt him as he was talking to someone he knew. Pero is Gold Coast's assistant coach.

Was a great game, double overtime. Penney scored like 35 points, hit 66% of his shots including 87% of his treys (6/7), so was all good :P

If you're living in Sydney or moving there then I'd suggest getting down to a Kings' game when the Breakers are in town (Y)

Damn, that's just plain awesome (Y)

Yeah I'm in Sydney now for uni, if theres a chance I'll def go catch a game. Thx for the heads up X (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Good to see you pulling all these trades. I will do the same, makes the game more realistic to me.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:14 pm

hova- wrote:Good to see you pulling all these trades. I will do the same, makes the game more realistic to me.

Yup, definitely keeps the realism.

Although I guess mine isn't all that realistic in the first place haha
Valor
Fire GarPax

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood