The NBA Live PC mod Requests Bin

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Re: The NBA Live PC mod Requests Bin

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:04 pm

I'm sorry, but that's being way too generous with Freestyle Superstars abilities and not really taking into account the ratings required to qualify for them, which in most cases are higher than the players in question should have given their in-game impact. I'm happy to look at some players again but I can tell you right now, I'm not making a lot of those changes because the player's stats, playing style and in some cases their impact at this point of their career just do not warrant the necessary boost to give them a FSS moveset.

Here are the Qualifying Ratings for Freestyle Superstars abilities:
http://www.nba-live.com/nbalivewiki/ind ... ng_Ratings

If you want to make some of those changes, use that to make the necessary ratings edits. I think you'll find in some cases, players are going to be really overrated in certain areas to qualify. Similarly, ratings sometimes make players qualify for FSS abilities that aren't necessarily ideal for them (Playmaker being a good example). The easy way around that is to disable the FSS ability that doesn't suit them and enable the one that suits them best.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kusport on Tue May 11, 2010 7:34 am

I Think it would be cool if you made old rosters
kusport

Postby Andrew on Tue May 11, 2010 8:49 am

Not really a priority at this time as those are lengthy, time consuming projects and this project is concerned with keeping NBA Live 06 up to date, but it's an idea to be kept in mind all the same.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby joebalabag on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:42 pm

andrew can you the sighshoot to realistic??like in nba live 08 TUP10? :roll:
joebalabag

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:54 pm

No, we can't do that with NBA Live 06.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Gigstaa89 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:14 pm

I think we want to change the shoe so its possible to change all shoes patches before the 2010-2011 playoff begins actually i have updated shoes in nba live 2005 so i tried to put it on the nba live 2006 then its works and i used its ok
NBA LIVE 2005 ROSTER PATCHER
NBA LIVE 2006 ROSTER PATCHER

Gigstaa89

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 pm

The shoes should work fine, it's just a matter of correcting all the assignments.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Gigstaa89 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Yeah, actually my project is Player Gear & Accessories UPDATED like sleeve, pad & rubberband. After the gear and accessories im started the shoe patches according to the team color :)
NBA LIVE 2005 ROSTER PATCHER
NBA LIVE 2006 ROSTER PATCHER

Gigstaa89

Postby AIftw on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:28 am

Just thought I would post here, as this is currently the most active 06 topic. I've come across, in my opinion, the sharpest lighting out there; here's the link: viewtopic.php?t=30540

The link is actually to melo15ca's cyberface posts, but the lighting he uses is fantastic. Does anyone know what this lighting for Live 06 is? Moreover, does anyone actually have this file, and has something similar been done for 08?

It looks similar to the lighting used for TUP 11 in this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDtUPPAmmfk. Does anyone know the lighting used in this video?

If the 06 PC Project is indeed still in the works, this would make an excellent lighting for it.
Thanks in advance for any information!
AIftw

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:00 am

I don't see a link for any lighting updates in that thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby AIftw on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Hey Andrew, thanks for your response :bowdown:. Yeah, I was just referring to the lighting in the photos since I couldn't find a link either. I was just curious if that particular lighting was popular and if there was a link to it anywhere. I think it's the best because it removes the unrealistic skin glare and also brightens the textures beautifully.

How about the lighting in the TUP 11 Youtube video? (Yes, I realize I just packed a TUP 11 Q into this thread, lol.)
AIftw

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:49 pm

I'm not sure if it's compatible to be honest.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby AIftw on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Hmm, I understand. I would love to make the 06-08 games look like the lighting in that initial link to the 06 cyberfaces; it's very Live 2005esque, haha. Hey, is the TUP 11 lighting in that Youtube video actually the lighting included in the TUP 11 download?

Well, thanks again, Andrew. :bowdown:
AIftw

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:03 pm

There are a few different lighting options, offhand I don't know which is which. I'm guessing it's one of them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby AIftw on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks for the replies Andrew; I looked up some tutorials on lighting and managed to recreate this lighting--http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?t=30540--pretty much indentically. I would be happy to donate it to the project or if anyone's interested.

Hey Andrew, I know you're busy with the roster updates and everything, but I just have a quick question about nick_collison's arena speech update. Does the arena speech update differ from individual player name speech ID updates? In other words, If I want the play-by-play commentary to say "Durant," is the audio file already around somewhere for download, and I just need to assign it in DBCommander? Or would I have to use Audy 06 to create speech files? Wait, does the speech ID update included in the PC Project contain any player speech ID updates?

Thanks again, I appreciate your time.
AIftw

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:11 am

If I recall correctly, we haven't been able to do anything with the commentary, just the arena speech.

As far as the lighting is concerned, by all means post a preview. I'd at least consider its inclusion or put it up as an optional add-on. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby vb9 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:27 pm

I wanted to ask if NBA Live PC Project includes AIACT?.. i would like someone to add bouncepasses to aiact if it is possible and reverse layup from under/behind the rim is unstoppable move no mather what you do, if anything could be done with that too i would appriciate it alot
vb9

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:47 pm

It includes the one Pdub made several years ago. No one's made a newer one since then, to my knowledge.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 06