Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:46 pm

Nice work here. I created my own player for My Player Mode but have been preoccupied with uni and my Association. Nice job as this is way better than what I was going to whip up! (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:53 am

Looking good man (Y) What a game against the Rockets! But not liking the Blatche trade...
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:56 am

Love it, one of the few successful My Player's here :o
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Kenny on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:37 am

Thanks for the feedback guys... things aren't look good though. I saved my file mid-game and now every time I go back into it, my 2k11 crashes. I'm so pissed off, I got through almost 6 weeks of it and the thought of starting again with the combine and a different team... Ahhhhh! I'll try to get this one back, but it looks pretty doomed
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:20 pm

That sucks. I heard patch has caused a few issues with My Player. You didn't have any other saves. I run 3 concurrent save files & always save Association just before starting a new game.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Ouch man, that sucks... the worst part is having to play the combine again! (N)
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Murat on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:31 am

badreligionau wrote:
Badger wrote:Good luck with this one. Hope you get the success with this one as The Next Level rocks. On-story: I think Wall ruined your success. He gets too much minutes - you are playing 1/4 of the game.

Thanks Badger and it's great to see you back to your old name ;)

As for Wall, I think my bigger issues are with Josh Howard and Gilbert Arenas as I'm a swingman in this game... although I'm more built like a point guard.

My legendary username :turrible: .
Are you a swingman? Oh well, these games sucks the My Player. I used to be used as a PG at NBA 2K10 when I was playing at Bobcats.

EDIT: WHAT? IS IT OVER? OH, COMBINE SUCKS FROM THIS ANGLE.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kenny on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:23 pm

The X wrote:That sucks. I heard patch has caused a few issues with My Player. You didn't have any other saves. I run 3 concurrent save files & always save Association just before starting a new game.

I'm hoping that the patch will fix my problem and if it does, I'll definitely have multiple save files.

Thierry • wrote:Ouch man, that sucks... the worst part is having to play the combine again! (N)

Uh, I know! I hope it doesn't come to that... just thinking about the combine is exhausting to me :lol:

Badger wrote:
badreligionau wrote:
Badger wrote:Good luck with this one. Hope you get the success with this one as The Next Level rocks. On-story: I think Wall ruined your success. He gets too much minutes - you are playing 1/4 of the game.

Thanks Badger and it's great to see you back to your old name ;)

As for Wall, I think my bigger issues are with Josh Howard and Gilbert Arenas as I'm a swingman in this game... although I'm more built like a point guard.

My legendary username :turrible: .
Are you a swingman? Oh well, these games sucks the My Player. I used to be used as a PG at NBA 2K10 when I was playing at Bobcats.

EDIT: WHAT? IS IT OVER? OH, COMBINE SUCKS FROM THIS ANGLE.

I'm going to try and revive it, but if the patch doesn't fix my problem, this thread could be doomed.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:27 pm

Week 4: What went up, came back down

Starting for the first time.

Game 1: The 20-10 Man

I got my the first start of my career against the Toronto Raptors. Playing in the NBA is incredible, but there's something special about having your name getting called out with the starters on your home court. We had a huge team effort in this game with both Gil and I scoring 20 or more each. I recorded another double-double with 10 boards, had 5 assists, 3 steals and 1 block. Starting definitely brought out the best of me in that game and I'm hoping to solidify myself as a legit threat in this league.

Game 2: Winning in Boston

After a great win against the Raptors, we were back on the road to face the Boston Celtics. Once again, props to the team for an outstanding team effort. We recorded a 20 point win against the Celtics without Ray Allen. This time it was John stepping up with 28 points and 7 assists. I'm really enjoying my starting role and my numbers are a lot better now because of it. I scored 18 points in 20 minutes, along with 8 rebounds, 4 assists and a block.

Game 3: ...and I come back to the ground

Even though we only lost to the Grizzlies by 6, it's a game I'd prefer to forget. I went up to grab a rebound and I twisted my ankle... again! While the prognosis is positive, the doc recommends that I sit out the game against the Pistons next week. I don't like missing games, but against Memphis it really was affecting my play, so it might be for the best. Wall-E had another great game with 22 points and 5 assists off 5-9 shooting... I think I'm going to begin his rookie of the year campaign!

Box scores

TOR@WAS

WAS: 89 (Arenas 21, Young 20, Wall 18)
TOR: 76 (Barbosa 22, Bargnani 17, Jack 12)

POTG: Kenny Young 20 points (9/15 FG) 10 rebounds 5 assists 3 steals 1 block

Rebounds

WAS: McGee 13
TOR: Bargnani 13

Assists

WAS: Arenas, Young 5
TOR: Calderon 6

The Story

-Washington started the 4th behind by 2, but outscored the Raptors 29-14 in the final period to win the game.
-Rookies Wall and Young both had outstanding nights from the field, with a combined 16-25.
-Andrea Bargnani and Ed Davis both patroled the lane with 5 blocks each.

WAS@BOS

WAS: 110 (Wall 28, Young 18, Howard 13)
BOS: 90 (Pierce 27, Garnett 17, Rondo 13)

POTG: John Wall 28 points (10-18 FG) 5 rebounds 7 assists 4 steals

Rebounds

WAS: Young 8
BOS: S O'Neal 10

Assists

WAS: Wall 7
BOS: Rondo 8

The Story

-The Celtics were without Ray Allen and had Nate Robinson start in his place.
-It was another great night of shooting for Wall (10-18) and Young (7-10).
-Marvin Williams and Jordan Crawford enjoyed solid debuts off the bench with 10 and 9 points respectively.

MEM@WAS

MEM: 106 (Randolph 25, Gay 24, Mayo 23)
WAS: 100 (Wall 22, Arenas 16, Jianlian 13)

POTG: Zach Randolph 25 points (10-14 FG) 8 rebounds 5 assists 1 steal

Rebounds

MEM: Gasol, Randolph 8
WAS: Jianlian 10

Assists

MEM: Conley 11
WAS: Wall, Young 5

The Story

-The Wizards were killed in the second quarter by 34-26 and that proved to be the difference in the game as the other 3 quarters were relatively even.
-Gilbert Arenas shot 7-17 from the field.
-Mike Conley registered a double-double with 10 points and 11 assists.

Wizards Record: 7-4

Kenny's Quote of the Week

On back-to-back games
I'm good. Just out here doin' work, you know. The team's gonna be fine too. We played plenty of back-to-backs before. This one's no different. We all do a good job taking care of ourselves. You gotta be an elite athlete to play at this level. I'd be disappointed if these guys let the grind get to them. We're beyond that at this point in our careers I think.

Week 4 Gallery

ImageImage
| A sweet fade-away | Dunking in Boston |

ImageImage
| Who says I can't shoot? | Not again! |

-------------------------------

I decided I'd continue on with my recaps in hope that the new patch will fix what's wrong with my save file. I think I have another week to recap before it's all caught up.
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kubik on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Oh yeah starting five! You may combine nice numbers with help from John Wall. Good Luck! :D
Kubik

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:11 am

Nice to see this reboot! (Y) 20-10, really nice games man.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Kenny on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Kubik wrote:Oh yeah starting five! You may combine nice numbers with help from John Wall. Good Luck! :D

Definitely awesome to make it. There's some stiff competition for my position with Josh Howard and Hedo Turkoglu in the side.

Thierry • wrote:Nice to see this reboot! (Y) 20-10, really nice games man.

Thanks Thierry... I have another week to recap, then I'm completely caught up with where I am currently. Hopefully the patch can fix my problem and this will be back on track again.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:21 pm

20/11 Trade News: Washington and Cleveland complete deal

The Washington Wizards have sent Yi Jianlian to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for power forward JJ Hickson. It's believed that Hickson and Byron Scott didn't see eye-to-eye on his role with the team, so he demanded for a trade.

Projected Starters
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby tengpoy08 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:45 pm

claude daniels
6'6'' 186 lbs atlethic pg( i like to edit him to sg)
simulation (superstar level)
draft by indiana
29 games per season

i can't believe i won both mvp and rookie award
now currently playiong eastern conference finals against miami
tied 1-1
ill post my vids when my first season is done

this is it my player mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFns834rv38
tengpoy08

Postby Kenny on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Good News Everyone!

The patch has come out and it has solved my problem! The story stays alive!

Expect more updates coming soon :D
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Awesome! Moar Kenny Young!
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Superb news man! :D Also downloaded it and finally, a proper court for the Cavaliers...
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Murat on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Yippee!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kenny on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Houndy wrote:Awesome! Moar Kenny Young!

Thierry • wrote:Superb news man! :D Also downloaded it and finally, a proper court for the Cavaliers...

Badger wrote:Yippee!

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I've sure missed playing this mode.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Week 5: First DNP and Going Back to the Bench

$hard gets denied!

Game 1: My first miss

After starting two games last week, I found out how frustrating it is to not play at all in this game against the Pistons. It was tough seeing the boys lose, but they put up a really good effort and kept it really close. While I saw the game from the best seat in the house, I also was unfortunate to see Josh Howard get his nose broken from that very seat as well. It was nothing untoward, he just copped an accidental elbow from Ben Wallace on the double-team. John Wall had another mad game with 17 points, 8 assists and 4 steals. With him on the team, I can kind of slip under the radar and do my thing when I get back.

Game 2: One Falls...

I returned to the bench for the game against the home game against the Sixers. I couldn't really get my offensive game going, but I almost had a double-double with 10 rebounds and 9 assists. We lost by 12, but the main story of this one was that Arenas went down clutching at his ankle. Prognosis was that he's going to miss up to 5 weeks with a severely sprained ankle. Just what we need!

Game 3: ...And Another Follows

It hasn't been a great week and we dropped our third game of the week with a double digit loss to Atlanta. It was possibly the toughest game of my career so far, having to match up with Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford and Mike Bibby. All three of those guys are mad ballers and I was a huge fan of Bibby back in his Sacramento days. But all that aside, it was also probably my best all round game of my career yet. I almost had a triple-double with 15 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists; not to mention I swatted away 4 shot attempts. On the downside, I turned the ball over 5 times, which frustrated me quite a lot.

But enough about me, the team suffered another set back with JJ Hickson going down. Prognosis? Another severely sprained ankle and up to 5 weeks on the sidelines... what is it with this team and ankles?!

Game 4: Finally a win!

After three losses to start the week, we finally got a win against the Magic! Now, let's get the bad part of my performance out of the way; I got another 5 turnovers. I'm not happy with this stat, but having a slashing mentality, it's bound to happen. I'm a volume ball handler... yes.

Despite this stat, I managed to pick up the performer of the game with 21 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal and 1 block... all in 27 minutes. I love bringing the energy off the bench and I wouldn't mind one bit if I stayed there for the rest of the season. Getting gametime and being productive is all that matters![/quote]

Box scores

WAS@DET

DET: 93 (Hamilton 26, Stuckey 23, Gordon 10)
WAS: 92 (Arenas 22, Wall 17, McGee 15)

POTG: Richard Hamilton 26 points (8-14FG) 1 rebound 3 assists

Rebounds

DET: Maxiell 12
WAS: McGee 14

Assists

DET: Stuckey 5
WAS: Wall 8

The Story

-The 3rd was tied at 72-all
-Arenas was 9-23 from the field and 1-7 from 3 point range
-Jason Maxiell had a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds

PHI@WAS

PHI: 91 (Young 22, Iguodala 18, Williams 15)
WAS: 79 (McGee 16, Arenas 13, Hickson 12)

POTG: Thaddeus Young 22 points (8-11 FG) 8 rebounds 2 assists 1 steal 1 block

Rebounds

PHI: Hawes 9
WAS: Young 10

Assists

PHI: Iguodala 4
WAS: Young 9

The Story

-Thaddeus Young was extremely efficient, with 8-11 from the field and hit his only 3 point attempt.
-Arenas scored 13 before falling to an ankle injury.
-Wizards rookie Jordan Crawford shot 2-11 from the field. He will be getting more shots now Arenas will miss some playing time.

WAS@ATL

ATL: 94 (Crawford 25, Johnson 24, Smith 14)
WAS: 82 (Wall 19, K Young 15, N Young 11)

POTG: Jamal Crawford 25 points (10-19 FG) 6 rebounds 3 assists 2 steals

Rebounds

ATL: Smith 12
WAS: McGee 17

Assists

ATL: Bibby 10
WAS: Young 9

The Story

-Inefficient shooting: new starting two-guard Nick Young shot a miserable 3-18 from the field.
-JJ Hickson left the game early with an ankle injury
-Andray Blatche scored 12 points and 6 rebounds against his old team

ORL@WAS

WAS: 104 (K Young 21, Wall 19, Turkoglu 19)
ORL: 69 (Lewis 20, Howard 12, Bass 9)

POTG: Kenny Young 21 points (8-16 FG) 6 rebounds 8 assists 1 steal 1 block

Rebounds

WAS: McGee 16
ORL: Howard 16

Assists

WAS: Wall, Young 8
ORL: Williams 3

The Story

-The Wizards outscored the Magic 21-9 in the 3rd. A big part of this was $hard's awful night. 9-28 from the field doesn't sound bad, but this includes 2-16 from beyond the arc.
-The Wizards had 5 double-digit scorers. Along with the 3 aforementioned, Nick Young scored 14 and Javale McGee had 10.

Wizards Record:8-7

Kenny's Quote of the Week

Not time to panic
Uh, it's tough to say. I think we just have a perfect storm of guys who aren't hitting on all cylinders at the moment. I think, as a team, we just need to figure out where things started going wrong and correct that. I urge our fans to not get frustrated though. We'll get back on track soon.

Week 5 Gallery

ImageImage
| Driving to the Hoop | Just because I'm smaller doesn't mean I can't get in your grill! |

ImageImage
| It's nice to have Dwight watch someone else dunk for a change | I say no to Bibby! |

A Few Random Facts

*Kenny still has the best PER on the team with 27.72
*In the Wizards he's currently 2nd in rebounds (7.4) and 3rd in blocks per game (1.1)
*A stat he wouldn't like is that he's currently leading the team in turnovers per game with 2.9
--------------

I'm thinking about simplifying my game recap format with just stats and scores. I could see myself getting burnt out pretty quickly with the current presentation. Let me know what you think :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:46 pm

End Of November 2010: Around the League

Standings

EAST

Heat 15-3
Magic 13-5
Bucks 12-5
Cavaliers 10-7
Celtics 10-7
Hawks 11-8
Knicks 11-9
Wizards 8-8
---
Bulls 7-8
Pistons 8-10
Nets 7-12
76ers 6-12
Pacers 5-11
Bobcats 5-12
Raptors 4-13

WEST

Mavericks 11-6
Kings 10-6
Lakers 11-7
Jazz 11-8
Nuggets 9-7
Spurs 9-8
Thunder 10-9
Warriors 9-9
---
Hornets 8-9
Suns 8-9
Grizzlies 8-11
Timberwolves 7-10
Rockets 7-10
Trail Blazers 6-11
Clippers 6-12

Monthly Awards

Players

LeBron James [MIA]
Kevin Durant [OKC]

Rookies

John Wall [WAS]
Wesley Johnson [MIN]

League Leaders

PPG

[OKC] Kevin Durant 31.5
[LAL] Kobe Bryant 27.9
[MIA] LeBron James 27.5
[ATL] Joe Johnson 26.6
[NYK] Amare Stoudemire 26.3

RPG

[ORL] Dwight Howard 12.6
[LAC] Chris Kaman 12.1
[WAS] Javale McGee 11.6
[SAN] Tim Duncan 11.5
[NOH] Emeka Okafor 11

APG

[BOS] Rajon Rondo 11.5
[DAL] Jason Kidd 10.3
[TOR] Jose Calderon 8.8
[NOH] Chris Paul 8.4
[PHX] Steve Nash 8.4

SPG

[SAC] Tyreke Evans 2.9
[NOH] Chris Paul 2.8
[SAN] Manu Ginobili 2.7
[UTA] Andrei Kirilenko 2.5
[LAL] Kobe Bryant 2.5

BPG

[MEM] Marc Gasol 2.2
[WAS] Javale McGee 2.1
[ORL] Dwight Howard 2.1
[ATL] Josh Smith 2.1
[TOR] Andrea Bargnani 2 (lol!)

Rookie Leaders

PPG

[WAS] John Wall 15.8
[LAC] Blake Griffin 13.1
[WAS] Kenny Young 13.1
[TOR] Ed Davis 12.8
[MIN] Wesley Johnson 12.5

RPG

[LAC] Blake Griffin 9.1
[TOR] Ed Davis 7.8
[WAS] Kenny Young 7.7
[NJN] Derrick Favors 7.2
[MIN] Wesley Johnson 6.7

APG

[WAS] John Wall 6.1
[WAS] Kenny Young 4.6
[PHI] Evan Turner 3.3
[HOU] Ishmael Smith 1.5
[POR] Armon Johnson 1.2

SPG

[WAS] John Wall 1.7
[PHI] Evan Turner 1.1
[LAC] Al-Farouq Aminu 0.9
[MIN] Wesley Johnson 0.9
[MEM] Xavier Henry 0.9

BPG

[NJN] Derrick Favors 1.9
[TOR] Ed Davis 1.6
[OKC] Cole Aldrich 1.4
[MIN] Wesley Johnson 1.4
[WAS] Kenny Young 1.1
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:59 pm

End of November 2010: Team Review

Current Rotation

Injuries

ImageImage

Gilbert Arenas: Severeley Sprained Ankle (Mid December) | JJ Hickson Severely Sprained Ankle (Mid December)

Josh Howard day-to-day with a broken nose

Team Leaders

PPG

Gilbert Arenas 16.5
John Wall 15.8
Kenny Young 13.1
JJ Hickson 12.1
Javale McGee 9.8

RPG

Javale McGee 11.6
Kenny Young 7.7
JJ Hickson 6.1
Gilbert Arenas 4.3
John Wall 3.8

APG

John Wall 6.1
Kenny Young 4.6
Gilbert Arenas 3.9
Hedo Turkoglu 1.9
Javale McGee 1

SPG

John Wall 1.7
Gilbert Arenas 1
Javale McGee 0.5
Josh Howard 0.4
Marvin Williams 0.4

BPG

Javale McGee 2.1
JJ Hickson 1.1
Kenny Young 1.1
Hilton Armstrong 0.5
Josh Howard 0.4
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:19 am

33 minutes per game, nice. And just saw the Hickson trade :shake: Loving it!
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:36 am

So who's responsible for all of the ankle-breaking crossovers? :P It's good to see you move up to 6th man (although that is pretty easy, lol), and hopefully with more minutes, you'll be able to lead all rookies in scoring, assists, and rebounds. (Y)

LOL at Bargs averaging two blocks a game.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Kenny on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Thierry • wrote:33 minutes per game, nice. And just saw the Hickson trade :shake: Loving it!

Hickson has been a pretty good team mate so far. He actually passes me the ball!

Axel. wrote:So who's responsible for all of the ankle-breaking crossovers? :P It's good to see you move up to 6th man (although that is pretty easy, lol), and hopefully with more minutes, you'll be able to lead all rookies in scoring, assists, and rebounds. (Y)

LOL at Bargs averaging two blocks a game.

I'd say Arenas but he's one of the players injured, so I'll blame Jordan Crawford ;)

Bargs' block stats are pretty ridiculous.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood