A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - ITS BACKKKKKK

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:04 am

shadowgrin wrote:No biggie. I liked the pickup truck story and the statement about the fight. :lol:
There are only two things I disagree with that article, which will be addressed soon.

Looking forward to your reply!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:36 am

NLSCer Focus

Class of 2009

A Watson: 21.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.0 apg, 0.9 spg, .441 FG%, .368 3PT%, .775 FT%, 32.0 mpg

M Moore: 17.0 ppg, 4.3 apg, 1.0 spg, .467 FG%, .384 3PT%, .847 FT%, 26.5 mpg

M Must: 20.7 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 6.8 apg, 3.1 bpg, 0.8 spg, .518 FG%, .494 3PT%, .762 FT%, 38.6 mpg

Class of 2010

C Hova: 10.0 ppg, 7.8 apg, 0.9 spg, 1.4 topg, .436 FG%, .308 3PT%, .778 FT%, 30.2 mpg

M Nissley: 16.4 ppg, 4.7 apg, 2.0 spg, .448 FG%, .480 3PT%, 29.9 mpg

Class of 2012

L Washburn: 17.5 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 1.6 apg, 0.5 spg, 0.7 bpg, 2.0 topg, .437 FG%, .425 3PT%, .877 FT%, 32.2 mpg

A Spagnoletti: 14.8 ppg, 6.0 apg, .413 FG%, .349 3PT%, .880 FT%, 33.0 mpg

J Kalnins: 13.0 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 3.1 apg, 2.8 bpg, .477 FG%, .431 3PT%, .613 FT%, 34.1 mpg

L Lai: 10.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.4 topg, .439 FG%, .381 3PT%, .875 FT%, 17.6 mpg

Class of 2013

Leigh Meredith: 0.8 ppg, 1.4 apg, 0.3 spg, 0.3 topg, .250 FG%, .100 3PT%, .750 FT%, 6.7 mpg

Julian Martin: 17.0 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.3 spg, 2.7 topg, .432 FG%, .285 3PT%, 26.9 mpg

Jesrie Calimas: 1.7 ppg, 0.9 apg, .375 FG%, .866 FT%, 3.9 mpg

Christian Oliver: 4.4 ppg, 3.0 apg, 0.8 topg, .417 FG%, .829 FT%, 15.5 mpg

Dee Gilmore: 4.7 ppg, .487 FG%, .476 3PT%, 5.1 mpg

Don Elliot: 1.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.6 bpg, 7.7 mpg

Willie Lewis: 1.0 ppg, 0.4 rpg, 1.4 apg, .375 FG%, 4.7 mpg

Justine Crewhead: 0.9 ppg, 0.7 apg, 6.5 mpg

Jerry Manning: 0.7 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 1.6 apg, .500 FG%, 1.00 3PT%, .750 FT%, 4.7 mpg

Lev Brezhnev: 1.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.5 apg, 1.0 bpg, 22.5 mpg, 2 GP

George Koukoulis: New York Knicks IR

Luka Mandich: Austin Toros

Zee Otoo: Orlando Magic IR
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NLSCer Statistics

Postby |)e8* on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:18 am

2 rebounds, not bad
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:19 am

|)e8* wrote:2 rebounds, not bad

Player upgrade time is coming around soon with ASW so you can make your player better. :) But be happy Wizards are playoff contenders this season!
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Vote for Fisher!

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:29 am

Interview with NBA Draft Hopeful Shad O'Greene
Controversial prospect defends himself from accusations and his past
By Stephen A. Smith
ESPNNewYork.com

The following is a transcript of NBA Analyst Stephen A. Smith's live interview with NBA Draft prospect Shad O'Greene. You can listen to the interview and the full show on ESPN 1050 in New York from 7-9 p.m. ET

Stephen A. Smith: I'LL GO STRAIGHT TO THE POINT, ARE YOU A JUNKIE OR NOT?

SO'G: Definitely. Not.

Stephen A. Smith: ARE YOU LYING TO ME? ARE YOU LYING TO STEPHEN A. SMITH? A RECENT AP REPORT STATES THAT YOU ARE A CONVICTED DRUG USER. YOU DON'T MAKE A FOOL OF STEPHEN A. SMITH!

SO'G: It's a misunderstanding or lack of research on their part. I did check into a drug rehabilitation center but I was never convicted of any drug related crime.

Stephen A. Smith: SO YOU ARE AN ADDICT! WHAT SUBSTANCES DID YOU TAKE THAT MADE YOU ENTER YOURSELF INTO REHAB? COKE? CRACK? HEROINE? SPEED? X? MARIJUANA? CHEEZ DOODLES, WHICH BY THE WAY I MIGHT ADD ARE DELICIOUS.

SO'G: None of those stuff you mentioned. It was cough medicine or cough syrup.

Stephen A. Smith: YOU ARE GIVING ME BS RIGHT?! *licks Cheez Doodle bits of fingers* WHAT WOULD A GROWN MAN WITH DOODLES OF MONEY PLAYING FOR A PRO LEAGUE IN THEIR COUNTRY GET HOOKED ON COUGH MEDICINE WHEN YOU CAN EASILY BUY HIGH END DRUGS LIKE COCAINE OR X OR BUY A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF CHEEZ DOODLES?

SO'G: Every time we had a game I screamed a lot to my teammates. Whether I was on the bench or out there on the court. Even though I didn't have a cough, the medicine made my throat feel fine after all that exertion, I think you understand with all the screaming that you also do on your job, and it just went off from there until to the point that I was addicted to it an had to drink a bottle before and after every game plus in between quarters.

Stephen A. Smith: STEPHEN A. SMITH DOESN'T SCREAM LIKE SOME LUNATIC. IT MAY SOUND LIKE SCREAMING TO SOME HATERS BUT IT'S NOT. THIS IS MY NATURAL VOICE WHICH IS FILLED WITH CONVICTION AS I ALWAYS SPEW THE TRUTH!!! BACK TO YOU, WHY WOULD YOU SCREAM LIKE A MADMAN TO YOUR TEAMMATES?

SO'G: For one thing my former teammates don't know how to play defense. They defend like a bunch of pansies really, which annoys me. Another thing, not only do they suck on the defensive end but on offense as well. The idiots don't even know how to properly use a screen or pick, it's not like they are even good with iso plays. Seeing those things game in game out will eventually get to you until all you can do is scream at them or slap them in the face. Unfortunately I can't slap them in the face because I was under probation by the league for my previous behavior where I punched the referee and some lunatic fan so I just screamed at my stupid teammates all the time after that.

Stephen A. Smith: BUT THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT YOU WERE ADDICTED TO SOMETHING AND ENTERED REHAB...

SO'G: ...yes but I was never convicted of a crime that's why NBA Commissioner David Stern allowed me to apply for the NBA Draft when he focused on the facts and ignored the rumors...

Stephen A. Smith: ...DOESN'T MATTER! I AM RIGHT, YOU ARE AN ADDICT AND YOU ADMITTED TO IT! STEPHEN A. SMITH IS NEVER WRONG! NOW, HOW ABOUT THAT MISDEMEANOR REPORT THAT STATED YOU HAD STOLEN TOYS, SET IT ON FIRE, AND YOU WERE FOUND DRUNK THE NEXT DAY AND CONFESSED TO WHAT YOU DID? A CRIME IS A CRIME! HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT DRUGGIE?

SO'G: I did not steal those toys. I bought those legally with some money that I found on some boxes and cans marked with a red cross or something. Since no one claimed it from me after 24 hours, I think that makes it mine then. And since the toys are legally mine, I have every right to set them on fire...

Stephen A. Smith: ...BUT THE PICKUP TRUCK WASN'T YOURS! THE TRUCK BURNED ALONG WITH THE TOYS!..

SO'G: ..true but the owner did not press any charges so I still didn't commit a crime. Last I heard - the owner, and I emphasize which I have never met before in my entire life, was paid handsomely by the insurance company for the damages to his truck. I think I did a good thing for him by burning his truck.

Stephen A. Smith: IF YOU ARE INNOCENT AS YOU CLAIM YOU ARE THEN WHY DID YOU GET A MISDEMEANOR CHARGED AGAINST YOU?

SO'G: The charge is actually for being drunk when it's not allowed to drink alcohol or be drunk during that certain hour when the police found me...

Stephen A. Smith: ...IN A PLAYPEN! CARE TO EXPLAIN THAT?!

SO'G: I always wanted to sleep in it the same way you would want to be deep a bathtub of Cheez Doodles.

Stephen A. Smith: HARD TO ARGUE WITH THAT LOGIC. *licks Cheez Doodles off five fingers* EXPLAIN NOW WHY YOU QUIT ON YOUR TEAM DURING YOUR LAST GAME OF THE SEASON IN YOUR LEAGUE? YOU CAN'T DENY THE VIDEO EVIDENCE!

SO'G: I never quit on games. Never. If I have to wear a pink tutu on the court to win so be it but like I said before, my teammates have the basketball IQ of cockroaches. They didn't give any effort at all on both ends. It's like they sold the game and shite. I left out of disgusts for them...

Stephen A. Smith: ...IT'S NOT MR. SMITH! IT'S STEPHEN A. SMITH. YOU BETTER GET THAT RIGHT IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT TO THE BIG LEAGUE! EXPLAIN NOW WHY...

SO'G: ...thanks for granting me this interview but I'm afraid that's all the time I have to give to you...

Stephen A. Smith: STEPHEN A. SMITH DID NOT REQUEST AN INTERVIEW WITH YOU. YOU FOOLED STEPHEN A. SMITH INTO GOING WITH YOU WHEN YOU TOLD HIM THAT YOU HAVE A CRATE OF CHEEZ DOODLES...

SO'G: ...did you enjoy the two bags or not? You could just return that one bag left if you're not satisfied with the interview and have any complaints...

Stephen A. Smith: ...NO NO. NOT AT ALL MY MAN. ALL IS GOOD. JUST MAKE SURE YOU BUY THEM NEW STOCK NEXT TIME. THESE ONES YOU GAVE ME HAVE CRUSHED CHEEZ DOODLES IN THEM. WHAT A WASTE OF PERFECT CHEEZ DOODLES I SAY.

Aside from his New York radio show, Stephen A. Smith also host another radio show on ESPN 710 in Los Angeles from 6-8 p.m. PT. Both shows concentrate on local sports with a concentration on the NBA on game nights as both stations are the flagships for the Knicks and Lakers, respectively.

Yes people. Stephen A. Smith is back with ESPN. So better mark your calendar for the NBA Draft because Stephen A. Smith is back in the Draft!
Last edited by shadowgrin on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Valor on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:33 am

Nice recap, surprised to see Bogut in the Race and Ty not...

Good to see me breaking the 10 ppg barrier, despite getting half the minutes of my fellow NLSC class members, me and The X combine for more than 30 ppg at the two guard spot for the Mavs :headbang:

EDIT: Love the article shad
Last edited by Valor on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:33 am

Gosh, classic Stephen A... he is SHOUTING AT YOU SHAD!
Fresh8

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:36 am

Lol, I could literally hear Stephen A. Smith's voice booming in my head while reading O'Greene's article. :lol: Good stuff. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Stephen A Smith Debuts in ALIB!

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Axel. wrote:Lol, I could literally hear Stephen A. Smith's voice booming in my head while reading O'Greene's article. :lol: Good stuff. (Y)

A very good article indeed!
Fresh8

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Sit wrote:
The X wrote:EDIT: A bit of trivia, did you know that the Lakers put a rookie Vlade Divac on MJ in the NBA Finals in one game to try to slow him down :P

No. haha. How did he go?

:lol:
phpBB [video]

Sit wrote:Also... the way I like to play with Bogut is get him the ball in the paint. He will either pass to another open player or he will take the jumper if he has it, dunk, or back down on the defender and hook shot. Rarely I get him the ball outside of 8 feet from the hoop.

Does that sound like Vlade of the Kings? :)

Not really, a little maybe. Vlade could hit the 3, could play high or low. C-Webb & him switched between low & high post.

I was more looking at the assist numbers of Bogut. When Bogut entered the league I thought he was going to be a great passing big man ala Divac & Sabonis, would improve his outside shot & turn into a better Vlade. Unfortunately I've been wrong, he's completely different player. A lot better defender, rebounder & low post game, but a lot worse shooter & FT shooter & not as good a passer.

I miss that great Kings team :(
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:33 pm

mmm... how long did Divac keep that assignment? :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Sit wrote:
Axel. wrote:Lol, I could literally hear Stephen A. Smith's voice booming in my head while reading O'Greene's article. :lol: Good stuff. (Y)

A very good article indeed!

That was annoying to hear SAS in my head :cussing:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby George7 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Great article shad!!! Really really fun!

Btw, when the heck is going my player to get his playing time!! I just need some playing time!
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:25 pm

George7 wrote:Btw, when the heck is going my player to get his playing time!! I just need some playing time!

Keep earning those points ;)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Stealth Edge Spurs For Fourteen Straight

Image Image

JANUARY 2, SAN ANTONIOKevin Durant started the new year how he left off from the last year. Durant scored 41 points and added 11 rebounds in a tight 129-124 win against the Spurs. The win was Seattle’s fourteenth in a row and helps the side improve to 23-9.

Allen Iverson scored 33 points and Adam Morrison added 17 from off the bench. Jason Kidd made the game easy for his teammates with 13 assists. “It was an easy game tonight,” Durant boasted, “I was going easy on the Spurs to give them a chance but we all knew that I wasn’t going to let them get too close.”

Tony Parker led the Spurs with 31 points, 13 assists and Marvin Williams added 29 points. The Spurs record dropped to 12-20.

Read More…

Stealth Stampede Can’t Be Slowed

Image Image

JANUARY 3, DALLAS – Seattle completed their road trip to Texas with an impressive thumping of the Mavs in Dallas. The team now heads home to face their third Texan team, Houston, and look to extend their 15 game winning streak.

Seattle improved to 24-9 as they defeated the average 17-16 Mavs 137-111. Andrew Bogut led the Stealth with 23 points and 7 rebounds. Jason Kidd contributed a double double of 18 points and 15 assists. Adam Morrison, Allen Iverson and Kevin Durant each scored 17 a[piece.

Aaron Brooks led the Mavs with a career high 35 points from off the bench. Jerryd Bayless finished with 23 points, 8 assists and Dirk Nowitzki scored 18. Andrew Watson had an embarrassing night in front of his home crowd as Iverson held him to 4 for 13 shooting. Watson did notch 12 points and 10 assists.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Stephen A Smith on Shad | Games!

Postby Martti. on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:44 pm

U think you can match the Cavaliers 24 game streak? :lol:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Martti. wrote:U think you can match the Cavaliers 24 game streak? :lol:

Anyone want to make any predictions on how many wins I can get in a row? :)
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:34 pm

AmMo contributing! :bowdown2:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Houndy on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:03 am

18 games Sit
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:56 am

19 consecutive wins :cool:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby George7 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:00 am

you'll stop on 21 wins!
George7

Postby Mandich on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:02 am

17 straight. (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:17 am

24 wins
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby puttincomputers on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 am

22 straight.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Martti. on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:38 am

I'll go with 20.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame