A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Vote for Fisher!

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Good luck!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby The X on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Sit wrote:You gotta update your Wolves tho!

I haven't had a chance to play Playstation in about a month so that's why there are no updates. Life with wife & kid does that.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:36 pm

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:You gotta update your Wolves tho!

I haven't had a chance to play Playstation in about a month so that's why there are no updates. Life with wife & kid does that.

Just keep writing good updates for me then :P I'm not gonna complain!
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:02 pm

League News

New Nets Making The Most Of Things

NEW JERSEY, Jan 1 (AP) – Chris Bosh is fitting in nicely in New Jersey alongside fellow 03 draftee Carmelo Anthony. The duo believes that they can lead the Nets to the NBA Finals this season if they can ‘make it work’.

“We have a really great opportunity to achieve something special here,” Bosh said, “I could not have wished for better place to be.” Bosh is the type of scorer that the team has desperately needed. His post game compliments Anthony’s scoring style and is refreshing for Nets’ fans who have been annoyed in the past by the erratic game of Yi Jianlian – although talented, his offensive repertoire clashed with Anthony’s too much.

With the two forwards leading the team in scoring, they are supported by the all-around brilliant Barney Steele and surrounded by a deep bunch of role players including ex-Cavs guard Daniel Gibson. The Cavs are at the top of the East standings and Gibson says that he cannot wait to face them in the playoffs, “There’s a lot of bottled up feelings. The only to let it out would be against them on the basketball court.”

Read More…

Suns Still Trying To Move Lopez

PHOENIX, Jan 1 (AP) – Robin Lopez is definitely out of Phoenix; the only question is when. There are a few teams after the services of the former Stanford player with the 7 footer’s size big on team wish lists. The Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat, Sacramento Kings, Atlanta Hawks and Washington Wizards have all put their bids in for Lopez.

It is reported that the Suns are not interested in sending Lopez to a Western Conference foe and that the Hawks and Wizards are frontrunners to acquire the services of Lopez as they are able to offer a slew of draft picks for him.

Read More…

Draft Prospect Jennings Calls Rubio A Bust

INDIANA, Jan 1 (AP) – Brandon Jennings has launched a taunt all the way from Europe at Ricky Rubio in Indiana. “He’s a bust for sure,” Jennings told an ESPN columnist who was interviewing him, “There’s no question about it. I said it back then (in 2009) and I am going to say that I told you all so.”

Rubio had an impressive start to the season but a slump in December has seen his numbers dip below the double digit mark in both points and assists. Rubio has defended himself by saying, “Brandon Jennings doesn’t know what he is talking about. I put my team first and I know how to play proper basketball. I remember when we played in Europe, he wasn’t very good. My friends (in Spain) are telling me that he still doesn’t know how to play.”

When asked to elaborate, Jennings explained, “He’s (Jennings) always falling over.”

Read More…

Yao Calls For More Help

HOUSTON, Jan 1 (AP) – Yao Ming is scared that he will retire without a NBA championship and has lobbied to his front office to ditch the youth movement and trade for veterans to support him. Yao has openly stated that he wants to stay with the Rockets for his entire career but is worried about whether the franchise will ever be competitive before he calls it a day.

“I want to have some more success in the playoffs,” Yao said, “Our team is not strong enough for that right now. I hope that we can fix that. I do like the young players and I want to help them but I want to win also.” Yao’s anxiousness is understandable as he has tasted success on the international stage but still has not had a meaningful playoff run in his NBA career.

Teammate Shane Battier has endorsed Yao’s position, “We have one of the youngest teams in the NBA and that’s not going to get us far in the West. I know that I’m not going to be around much longer but I do hope that the team helps reward Yao for all that he’s done here.”

Read More…

Shad O’Greene Intends To Enter Draft

NEW YORK, JAN 1 (AP) – Controversial Philippines forward Shad O’Greene is in a tug of war with United States immigration and a race against time to be granted entry into the country. The convicted drug user has just been allowed to enter the NBA Draft after months of communications with the league head office and now faces his toughest battle: getting a working visa.

O’Greene, 22, has convinced the league to allow him to play in their league if he were to be selected in this year’s Draft. O’Greene’s criminal history and substance abuse was the reason for his application to enter the Draft last year was denied. His strangest misdemeanor was an incident where he had stolen toys from a toy store and burnt them in a pickup truck. He was only found to be responsible after admitting to the crime when police found him drunk in a children’s playpen of a parent’s room the next morning.

The PBA Defensive Player of the Year cause further outrage after fighting a fan in a PBA game. In a popular press release, O’Greene had stated, “You should see the other guy.” Assault charges against O’Greene were dropped but the damage was done and David Stern made the call to block O’Greene from entering the league. However, it appears that Stern has been convinced that O’Greene does not pose any risk to the league’s reputation after months of arguing that he has been receptive to rehabilitation and will agree to be on his best behavior if he were to play in the league.

O’Greene has stated that he hopes his hard-nosed defense reconciles fans with the ‘throwback era where everyone was bashing each other up and being physical like Chuck Norris.’ The PBA star was voted the most hated player in the Philippines for the second straight time last year and has just controversially quit the league by leaving his team in the fourth quarter of a recent game.

Read More…

Player Awards

Player of the Month

East: Jay Gray
West: Martti Must

Rookie of the Month

East: Coby Clark
West: Christian Oliver

All-Star Voting

Eastern Conference

Centers: D Howard 1 213 443, DJ Schmidt 968 969
Power Forwards: C Bosh 1 318 947, J Gray 1 109 309, M Beasley 1 105 415
Small Forwards: L James 2 092 636, C Anthony 1 313 199, L Odom 988 460
Shooting Guards: G Arenas 1 465 459, A Iguodala 1 348 916, D Wade 1 352 573
Point Guards: B Steele 1 388 040, D Rose 1 171 707, C Hova 1 005 260

Western Conference

Centers: A Bogut 1 499 488, A Jefferson 950 826
Power Forwards: M Must 1 646 452, P Gasol 959 194
Small Forwards: K Durant 1 696 929, M Chara 1 573 329, B Roy 1 559 723
Shooting Guards: K Bryant 1 548 406, R Tyson 1 311 432, OJ Mayo 1 103 803
Point Guards: C Paul 1 784 800, D Williams 1 590 113, J Kidd 1 412 066

Race 2 MVP

1. Kevin Durant, SF, Seattle Stealth
29.3 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.5 bpg, .554 FG%, .429 3PT%, .902 FT%

This guy should have won player of the month. His team lost just once all November. He has increased his scoring average to close to 30 points per game and is shooting at an outrageously efficient clip. “This guy is the league MVP,” Head Coach George Karl has stated time and time again this season. I know what you are thinking – why would you listen to his own coach? Well, ask anyone in the league and they are calling Durant the best player at this moment. (Well – anyone but the next two players)

2. Lebron James, SF, Cleveland Cavaliers
24.8 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 6.5 apg, 1.9 spg, .491 FG%

Lebron James is in the second spot because his Cavs are the best team in the league. This season, new addition Raymond Felton is able to find James for good open looks and James is capitalizing by making 1 out of every 2 shots he takes. That field goal percentage would look even more impressive if he’d just hit shots from beyond the arc.

3. Moses Chara, SF, Sacramento Kings
23.5 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 6.9 apg, 1.5 spg, .488 FG%, .944 FT%

Is Moses Chara having an off year? Some would say so because of the lower numbers across the board and the career low three point shooting percentage. If you asked me, he’s having a great season. If it had not been for the Stealth’s freak run of late, the Kings would still be at the top of the West. And he might be shooting very poorly from beyond the arc but he is still the most lethal shooter in the league – and the player you want with the last shot in the clutch.

4. Chris Paul, PG, New Orleans Hornets
22 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 7.4 apg, 2.3 spg

Chris Paul is loving playing in New Orleans right now thanks to having a consistent sidekick in Mark Moore and the ability to sit back and have longer rests with the dependable sixth man Martell Webster. His assists average is nowhere near his customary double figure output but that’s just because the Hornets play a very unselfishly and swing the ball around multiple times before scoring. It’s much different when everything had to happen through Paul.

5. Andrew Bogut, C, Seattle Stealth
15 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 5.9 apg, 2.3 bpg, .536 FG%, .333 3PT%

Bogut could improve his .661 FT% but that’s the only thing bad we can say about him. He is the best passing big man in the league and one of the most underrated defensive players in the league. Bogut doesn’t average a double double nor does he rank in the top scorers’ list but he is still an MVP candidate. Without him, the Stealth would not be where they are now.

On the bubble: Carmelo Anthony, SF, New Jersey Nets; Brandon Roy, SF, Portland Trailblazers; Jay Gray, PF, Milwaukee Bucks; Martti Must, PF, Phoenix Suns; Andre Iguodala, SG, Philadelphia 76ers

Rookie Rankings

1. Coby Clark, C, Toronto Raptors
15.5 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.5 bpg
(Drafted 1 by Toronto)

Second amongst rookies in scoring and first in rebounding… Tied career high 23 points and added 13 rebounds against Washington Wizards… Could improve his work on the glass as he has only grabbed double digit boards three times during December… Proving to be a dependable scorer – scored in double digits in every game except for one game against Golden State…

2. Julian Martin, SG, Charlotte Bobcats
17 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.5 apg, 2.7 topg, .432 FG%, .285 3PT%, .740 FT%
(Drafted 4 by Charlotte)

Leads all rookies in scoring… Returned from injury early December… Had 25 points in second game back from injury… Has scored at least 17 points in 9 of 15 games this month… Has ended December with three consecutive 20+ point games…

3. Sam Slater, SG, Detroit Pistons
5.1 ppg, 2.8 apg
(Drafted 2 by Detroit)

Stepped into a starting role after Rip Hamilton was traded away… Is very up and down but finds ways to help team when he isn’t shooting well… Team was 4-0 when he scored in double figures in December… Third amongst all rookies in scoring…

4. Christian Oliver, PG, Houston Rockets
4.4 ppg, 3.0 apg
(Drafted 6 by Houston)

Leads all rookies in assists… Although it is early days, Oliver has been tipped as a trade asset for the Rockets… If he got the minutes, he would be a contender for rookie of the year but the Rockets are loaded in their backcourt…

5. Tracy Kenndy, C, Miami
2.4 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.8 bpg
(Drafted 49 by Miami)

Third amongst all rookies in rebounds and blocks… Surprisingly starting games for the Heat now… Don’t expect for him to be starting much longer as Pat Riley is working hard to get a trade to happen and bring in a starter…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - ITS BACKKKKKK

Postby hova- on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:33 pm

Good to see my man Coby at the top. Bogut's a dark horse for the MVP ... 5 apg is nice. Btw, meet me at the All-Star Game :D
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:51 pm

I don't think you will make the ASG. Sorry hova. Maybe next season though. You're just not scoring enough :(
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Pretty crazy to see Bogut top 5 in the MVP race. Maybe cutting Ty lose wouldn't be so bad after all, seeing as how he's been the third fiddle. Fans and journalists be hating on me cuz I'm white.
Lamrock

Postby dare on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Love the article about O'Greene. Also I could improved those 3 point shots, IRL I'm more of a threat beyond the arc than in mid range. :D
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Warlock95 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Sit wrote:- O’Greene’s criminal history and substance abuse was the reason for his application to enter the Draft last year was denied. His strangest misdemeanor was an incident where he had stolen toys from a toy store and burnt them in a pickup truck. He was only found to be responsible after admitting to the crime when police found him drunk in a children’s playpen of a parent’s room the next morning.

- The PBA Defensive Player of the Year cause further outrage after fighting a fan in a PBA game.

- The PBA star was voted the most hated player in the Philippines for the second straight time last year and has just controversially quit the league by leaving his team in the fourth quarter of a recent game.

Arenas' gun scandal is nothing compared to this. Watch out for Shad bringing a chainsaw to the local day-care center, breaking in and carjacking from a Ferrari showroom, digging huge holes on the interstate, blasting heavy metal music outside his house at 4 AM, drugging farm animals, indecent exposure, the list goes on.
I once had a decent signature, then it took an arrow to the knee.
Warlock95

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Lamrock wrote:Pretty crazy to see Bogut top 5 in the MVP race. Maybe cutting Ty lose wouldn't be so bad after all, seeing as how he's been the third fiddle. Fans and journalists be hating on me cuz I'm white.

I was quite shocked to see him there too. He's actually number 3 in the MVP race in the game after Kevin and Lebron. Chara and Paul round off the top 5.

dare wrote:Love the article about O'Greene. Also I could improved those 3 point shots, IRL I'm more of a threat beyond the arc than in mid range. :D

I think it's not because you are a poor shooter, it's because you have shit decision making. :P

J-Bark #95 wrote:
Sit wrote:- O’Greene’s criminal history and substance abuse was the reason for his application to enter the Draft last year was denied. His strangest misdemeanor was an incident where he had stolen toys from a toy store and burnt them in a pickup truck. He was only found to be responsible after admitting to the crime when police found him drunk in a children’s playpen of a parent’s room the next morning.

- The PBA Defensive Player of the Year cause further outrage after fighting a fan in a PBA game.

- The PBA star was voted the most hated player in the Philippines for the second straight time last year and has just controversially quit the league by leaving his team in the fourth quarter of a recent game.

Arenas' gun scandal is nothing compared to this. Watch out for Shad bringing a chainsaw to the local day-care center, breaking in and carjacking from a Ferrari showroom, digging huge holes on the interstate, blasting heavy metal music outside his house at 4 AM, drugging farm animals, indecent exposure, the list goes on.

Thanks for checking in and putting in valuable comment. :)
Fresh8

Postby The X on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Bogut is putting up Vlade Divac type numbers. Is he playing like a younger Kings' version of Vlade? I love Vlade :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:20 pm

The X wrote:Bogut is putting up Vlade Divac type numbers. Is he playing like a younger Kings' version of Vlade? I love Vlade :cool:

I haven't seen the younger Vlade actually. I would imagine that he is playing like Divac but more ferocity in the paint. He will go up for the dunk if he has it. If not, I enjoy the back down and baby hook left or right. He's a very very good player.

I reckon this is where me and you will definitely enjoy the Bogut Experience - hopefully will happen IRL next season. :D
Fresh8

Postby The X on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:23 pm

I like the older Vlade. I actually meant Bogut was playing like the Kings' version of Divac (with more scoring), but he's quite a few years younger :wink:

EDIT: A bit of trivia, did you know that the Lakers put a rookie Vlade Divac on MJ in the NBA Finals in one game to try to slow him down :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:26 pm

The X wrote:I like the older Vlade. I actually meant Bogut was playing like the Kings' version of Divac (with more scoring), but he's quite a few years younger :wink:

EDIT: A bit of trivia, did you know that the Lakers put a rookie Vlade Divac on MJ in the NBA Finals in one game to try to slow him down :P

No. haha. How did he go?

Also... the way I like to play with Bogut is get him the ball in the paint. He will either pass to another open player or he will take the jumper if he has it, dunk, or back down on the defender and hook shot. Rarely I get him the ball outside of 8 feet from the hoop.

Does that sound like Vlade of the Kings? :)
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Great work! Kidd, Ty, Durant and Bogut all with 1.3M+ votes, Durant and Bogut starters.

POTM, I like. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Martti. wrote:Great work! Kidd, Ty, Durant and Bogut all with 1.3M+ votes, Durant and Bogut starters.

POTM, I like. :)

I hope that all 4 can be in the ASG like this year's Celtics. But Kidd is not going to make it in easily. :(
Fresh8

Postby Kubik on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:47 pm

I love your writing skills! All articles are awesome!
Kubik

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Kubik wrote:I love your writing skills! All articles are awesome!

Thanks Kubik! :)
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:25 pm

How shadow didn't comment on this yet? :P

At least Jennings didn't call me a bust. He's a friend of mine. We share birthdays :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Hehe, great articles. Gotta agree with Jennings, Rubio is a bust
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Martti. on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:23 am

Jennings knows what's his talking about.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby puttincomputers on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 am

You might need to fix something Sit.
"Jennings explained, “He’s (Jennings) always falling over"

:wink:
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:04 am

Sit wrote:hope to get some more updates into january 2014 as well before my girlfriend returns on wednesday.

Sit will be busy. :cheeky:

Shad O’Greene...The convicted drug user...substance abuse

The hell man. The hell. You did not only ran away with his back story, you also took the kitchen sink. :lol: :(
Drugs are bad mmmkay. :shake:

You forced me to write an article you piece of Sit.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:36 am

Dude! I didn't get the story from L-Train so I've had to make up your story from scratch. Be grateful :P
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:20 am

No biggie. I liked the pickup truck story and the statement about the fight. :lol:
There are only two things I disagree with that article, which will be addressed soon.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame