A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Warriors v Stealth

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:54 pm

puttincomputers wrote:Welcome to the pack AK47!

A nice addition if you ask me. (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Seattle @ Portland

Postby hova- on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Lamrock wrote:Win, Monta, Less than 15. Not a fan of this contest though.

Same here. Good win over the Warriors though. At least Ellis led them, so I got a few points.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby newc on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:05 pm

Welcome AK47 ;) You can always come to J-Kal if you want to talk in your native language :D
newc

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Seattle @ Portland

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:22 pm

hova- wrote:
Lamrock wrote:Win, Monta, Less than 15. Not a fan of this contest though.

Same here. Good win over the Warriors though. At least Ellis led them, so I got a few points.

As I told Lamrock today, I'm discontinuing the competiion. :)
Fresh8

Postby The X on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:11 pm

Good idea discontinuing the competition. You spend all the time doing the recap, Durant is putting up crazy numbers & frankly nobody gives a shite because we get to do silly predictions :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:19 pm

The X wrote:Good idea discontinuing the competition. You spend all the time doing the recap, Durant is putting up crazy numbers & frankly nobody gives a shite because we get to do silly predictions :P

Yep, that is true.

Plus had a few chumps come out of the woodwork. ;) Just like the Darko Challenge. I will keep his runnin how it is just so I know who the real followers are!

I'm going to get your picture now!
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Sit wrote:
The X wrote:Good idea discontinuing the competition. You spend all the time doing the recap, Durant is putting up crazy numbers & frankly nobody gives a shite because we get to do silly predictions :P

Yep, that is true.

Plus had a few chumps come out of the woodwork. ;) Just like the Darko Challenge. I will keep his runnin how it is just so I know who the real followers are!

I'm going to get your picture now!

(Y) Never was a real fan of all the prediction games, glad to see you getting back on track :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: A Legend Is Born III - "Porter" Jackson's Mavs Piece

Postby The X on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Updated: December 31, 2013
Texas Conundrum
The veteran-laden Dallas Mavericks seem all set for post-season success, but do they have what it takes to get past the seemingly insurmountable challenges that will face them out West?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bringing in three time NBA champion James Posey was just one move that the Mavs have made as they try to piece together a team capable of winning it all.

By Cedric "Porter" Jackson
ESPN.com Writer

In what is becoming a familiar scene in Dallas, Dirk can be seen sharing a joke and laughing on the bench with new teammates Andrew Watson and James Posey. During a timeout minutes later, Watson pulls guard Leo Lai aside to offer him some advice after he commits a bad turnover that costs the team a basket at the other end. Lai listens intently to what Watson has to say, nods a lot, gets a tap on the back then heads to the bench. The Mavs’ veterans seem generally invested in their younger teammates’ success and development as much as they do their own. Team success is paramount. Surely this doesn’t sound like a 17-14 team that is in a dogfight in the Western Conference, a team that is barely holding onto the seventh seed if the playoffs started today, but it is.

The current predicament was not suppose to be the case, not after its exciting playoff run last season, and not after beefing up their backcourt (Watson and Brooks) over the summer to add to their core (Nowitzki, Bayless and defensive dynamo Dela Cruz). Problem is that they won’t surprise anybody, opposing teams are ready for them. That and the simple fact that the teams around them in the West also got better.

Looking at their roster makeup, you really have to wonder if the Dallas Mavericks have what it takes to win a title. They are missing the quintessential ingredient required for a championship, a bankable superstar. You look around the league and you see Moses Chara, Lebron James, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul. Each player’s respective teams has got a bankable superstar and a legit shot at a title every year. Dallas does not have one. I know sentimentality means that you can’t look past Dirk Nowitzki, but frankly whilst he is well respected around league circles, he just isn’t the player he was a few years ago and is clearly in the twilight of his career, averaging only 18ppg on 44% shooting from the field this season. His team’s window has not yet closed though as we’ve seen Detroit win a title without a legit superstar in the mid noughties, as did Atlanta in recent years, but those teams are the exception, not the norm.

When asked about the early season struggles, Watson had this to say, “we’ve got a lot of new guys, myself, Aaron (Brooks), James (Posey), JJ (Hickson) and Brad (Miller). You can’t expect us to all gel overnight. Dirk also missed a chunk of time earlier this season, now he’s starting to work his way back. If we can get everybody together, healthy, with some time on our sides, I really like our chances.” Nowitzki chimes in shortly after, “I like our depth. You look at the recent championship teams and they all have great bench depth. You can’t win without that. The front office has done a great job of adding that depth over the summer and more recently.”

The Mavs’ front office may not be finished wheeling and dealing though with various rumours floating around that Cuban has commissioned his GM to find a starting centre. In the meantime, the Mavs currently have no shortage of veterans on their roster and are looking very old with Nowitzki, Posey, Watson and Brad Miller all being well on the wrong side of 30. Each of these players now has many years under their belt and the wisdom that comes with that. They have all been in situations where their team has succeeded and struggled and know what it takes to win ball games, so they are not worried. Maybe they should be, because I’m worried for them, worried that their season will be over by late April or early May unless something special clicks between now and then. Most of all I’m worried that Dirk will end his career like his good friend Steve Nash did, ringless. Let’s hope Cuban and his front office cronies have another ace up their sleeves, because they need it.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:50 pm

awesome article, glad to see my new veteran teammate giving me advice and helping me improve (Y)

p.s. i really do commit some bad turnovers in real life too, you nailed it completely X :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Great article. :applaud:

Came together well didn't it? :)
Fresh8

Postby The X on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Sit wrote:Came together well didn't it? :)

You threw a few snags in there though with Mavs' rumours, but yep, came out alright, even though the focus ended up being completely different than what I expected it to be.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:00 pm

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:Came together well didn't it? :)

You threw a few snags in there though with Mavs' rumours, but yep, came out alright, even though the focus ended up being completely different than what I expected it to be.

That was my bad :lol:

Forgot that I had that update coming up :(
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - ESPN.com Porter Jackson Article!

Postby Houndy on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Nice article x
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Mandich on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:41 pm

Will the Stealth beat Portland in their next game? W/L - L

How many points will Kevin Durant score? 40

Who will score more points - Brandon Roy or Ben Gordon? Roy
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:36 am

mandich wrote:Will the Stealth beat Portland in their next game? W/L - L

How many points will Kevin Durant score? 40

Who will score more points - Brandon Roy or Ben Gordon? Roy

:roll:
Fresh8

Postby Mandich on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:10 am

Damn I realized my mistake just now , sorry Sit :oops:
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Martti. on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 am

I love that mandick got every answer wrong. :lol:

As always, good read. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:50 am

Martti. wrote:I love that mandick got every answer wrong. :lol:

As always, good read. (Y)

In case you didn't notice, The X wrote that one. :)
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:52 am

Top notch piece by the X-traordinary. Good work (Y)

Oh and mandich's stuff was also classic. NOT
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: A Legend Is Born III - News Updated

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:57 am

Lamrock wrote:Sit is so mean to his assistant!
Haven't you learned by now that Sit's an ass?

Lamrock wrote:Aaron Karl! Great news for Jao Wu.
Valor wrote:Haha Aaron Karl, nice! Jao Wu gets more minutes now! (Y)
Sit wrote:
The X wrote:So what's the purpose of getting rid of Aaron Karl? Did you just not like him or something?

Karl was sort of expendable. Also gives Jao Wu a bit more of a shot to develop. Main reason was that it's part of the story. Something a little different.
Thierry • wrote:Shadow's gonna be happy. More minutes to Wu. (Y)

YES! :cry: [/joy]
SUCK IT X!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:59 am

hova- wrote:Top notch piece by the X-traordinary. Good work (Y)

Oh and mandich's stuff was also classic. NOT

It's quite sad he missed all of the tips especially when they are at the top of the thread. :lol:

Anymore pieces from you Hovs? :P

And Goddamn Shadow is bringing his hatorade into the thread. - Sidenote: where have you been in these past few weeks?
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:15 am

Hate is such a strong word. If I have known earlier that Jao Wu was finally getting some space for minutes I would have been nicer. :lol:

Life ma mein. Things to finish when dem peeplez depend on you to do it else they'll kill themselves, I think they can and will. :lol:
Even didn't sleep for a day and a half at one point this past week. Kept going by eating every 5 hours and a regular intake of energy drinks every 10 hrs. All is good for now again.
Will probably disappear again. Just trying to catch up with the stories here after learning the delay BS that is 2K11 patch for PC.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:52 am

shadowgrin wrote:Hate is such a strong word. If I have known earlier that Jao Wu was finally getting some space for minutes I would have been nicer. :lol:

Life ma mein. Things to finish when dem peeplez depend on you to do it else they'll kill themselves, I think they can and will. :lol:
Even didn't sleep for a day and a half at one point this past week. Kept going by eating every 5 hours and a regular intake of energy drinks every 10 hrs. All is good for now again.
Will probably disappear again. Just trying to catch up with the stories here after learning the delay BS that is 2K11 patch for PC.

I know what you mean. Energy drinks are going to kill you though. Try not to get addicted to them. :P
Fresh8

Postby Mandich on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 am

Stop calling me mandick guys it's really annoying :?
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:43 am

Wow, nice article X (Y) And I like that roster... Nowitzki, Bayless, Posey, Hickson...
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame