A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - EARN POINTS - Question + Submissi

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:56 pm

The X wrote:I think if you win a title, then yeah, you may do it out of sentimentality. Otherwise, he's essentially in the same situation as he was with Dallas. Solid, veteran starting PG. Capable of big games, otherwise he's just solid. Can't defend quicker PG's (like Westbrook, the real deal Stealth PG).

The X puts up a pretty convincing argument. Any of the JKidd lovers able to argue against it?

Anyone able to justify that Kidd deserves a retired jersey even if we don't win a title?

EDIT: X, you should make your predictions before the game recap is posted if you want to participate for some endurance points!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Durant Lifts Stealth In Another Stellar Effort
Seattle Stealth at Portland Trailblazers: 148-141 (OT)
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

December 29, PORTLAND (AP) – Kevin Durant finished with his fourth consecutive game scoring over 40 points and the Stealth finished with an epic overtime win against their ‘I-5 rivals’ Portland Trailblazers.

Durant forced overtime at the buzzer in the fourth quarter with a fadeaway jumper over Brandon Roy. The superstar Stealth forward did not waste any time in the extra period as he scored 8 of his team’s 15 points in just a handful of minutes to put his team in a commanding position for the win. That capped a wonderful night in which Durant was just 1 point shy of his career high of 56 points.

“He (Durant) was just all over the place,” Roy said after the game, “He played a very good game.” Roy has had many scoring duels with Durant when their teams have matched up but he failed to match him on this occasion. Durant even forced Roy into 2 costly turnovers in the fourth quarter.

The Stealth used a 41-27 third quarter to get back into the basketball game after falling behind Portland early on in the match. Andrew Bogut held a pivotal role in the comeback as he was brilliant on both ends of the floor with 18 points, 17 rebounds and 10 assists. Allen Iverson was also important in the third period as he scored 13 of his 22 points in that quarter.

The fourth quarter saw both teams have a neck and neck battle to the final whistle. Roy actually scored back to back triples to push his team up by 8 points late in regulation. However, Durant (19 fourth quarter points) was brilliant as he had two steals off of careless efforts by Roy and finished with dunks that silenced the Portland faithful. After Ben Gordon was blocked by Bogut with less than a minute remaining, Durant once again delivered with a drive to the hoop. The Blazers called a timeout and Roy missed a three point attempt that would have sealed the deal with 10.4 seconds remaining.

After a Stealth timeout, Durant delivered his heroics by calling out an isolation against Roy and splashing in a fadeaway to force overtime. “What a shot,” Head Coach George Karl gushed after the game, “This is why he is the league MVP. Have we ever seen someone like him in recent times?”

Durant and the Stealth made sure there was no need for the dramatic as they took care of business in the extra time period. They easily cruised to victory with the momentum clearly in their favour and the Blazers looking broken after Durant beat them down in the dying moments of regulation.

Notes: The Seattle Stealth win streak is up to 12 games now… Seattle are first in the Division with Portland just behind them in second… With the first returns for the All-Star ballot soon to be released; Durant and Bogut are first in their respective positions. The injured Reshawn Tyson and veteran Jason Kidd are among the top votegetters for Western Conference guards…

Box Score wrote:Seattle Stealth 21-9 (31 – 24 – 41 – 37 – 15 – 148)

Kevin Durant: 55 pts, 9 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, 19-34 FG, 4-7 3PT, 13-13 FT
Allen Iverson: 22 pts
Andrew Bogut: 18 pts, 17 reb, 10 ast
Jason Kidd: 16 pts, 7 reb, 10 ast

Portland Trailblazers 20-13 (40 – 27 – 27 – 39 – 8 – 141)

Ben Gordon: 30 pts, 8 reb
Ramon Sessions: 26 pts, 11 ast
Brandon Roy: 23 pts, 9 ast, 5 to
Carlos Boozer: 19 pts, 10 reb
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:55 pm

COMPETITION TIME!

Image @ Image

12 game win streak! Can we get it to 13?

Will the Stealth beat Golden State in their next game? W/L (Correct Guess: 5 points)

Who will score more points? Monta Ellis or Louis Nixon? (Correct Guess: 5 Points)

How large will the winning margin be? More/Less than 15 points (Correct Guess: 5 points)

LAST GAME RESULTS

W, 55, Gordon

Marrti: 5
Newc: 5
Valor: 5
Puttin: 5
Thierry: 5
CHUCK: 5
Megarover: 5
Dare: 5
L-Train: 10
Z02: 5
De8: 5
Justine: 5
Last edited by Fresh8 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Seattle @ Portland

Postby Valor on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Win, Louis Nixon, More than 15
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:21 pm

55? you gotta be kidding. KD's on fire and I don't like that at all. About the GSW game:

W, Monta Ellis, less than 15.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Justine. on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:39 pm

I guess I must have 5 points since I guessed Stealth will win?
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:44 pm

hova- wrote:55? you gotta be kidding. KD's on fire and I don't like that at all.

You wouldn't have expected anything less with Ty sidelined? :P

Justine. wrote:I guess I must have 5 points since I guessed Stealth will win?

Fixed.
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 am

I got the closest to his scoring, sucks I was still off. 55, damn, no Ty is very beneficial to KD.

W, Nixon, More then 15.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Justine. on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:28 am

W Nixon Less
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby |)e8* on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:00 am

Win, Ellis, More
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:55 am

W, Nixon, less than 15.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby newc on Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:10 am

W, Ellis, Less than 15
newc

Postby puttincomputers on Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:42 am

Win, Nixon, Less
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby megarover on Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:51 am

W,Ellis, Less
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby The X on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:30 am

Bogut triple double, f*** yeah :cool:

Problem with your prediction game, you don't get comments on the recaps & games :idea:

Loss, Nixon (who else?), less than 15.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby dare on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:38 am

Great game by Durant and Bogut. So 4 of your players are going to be starters if the Allstar starts now. Wow

W,Monta,Less than 15
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:46 am

The X wrote:Bogut triple double, f*** yeah :cool:

Problem with your prediction game, you don't get comments on the recaps & games :idea:

Loss, Nixon (who else?), less than 15.

Yeah, I know. Shame nobody except a select few made mention of KD's 55 and you were the only one to speak of Bogut's triple double. (N)

It's definitely not going to be offered every game. We've just entered an exciting stretch of Stealth history :)
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:50 am

Win, Nixon, More than 15.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:51 am

Waiting for L-Train to tip before I post results.
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Win, Monta, Less than 15. Not a fan of this contest though.
Lamrock

Postby rise on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:03 pm

W, Monta,less
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:31 pm

40 Point Streak Ends But Winning Continues

Image Image

DECEMBER 31, GOLDEN STATEKevin Durant was 2 points shy of a fifth consecutive 40 points game but did not blame Coach Karl for sitting him out for the entire fourth quarter. “I’m here to chase a championship and not some silly records. Only Kobe (Bryant) was immature and insecure enough to do that,” Durant stated his near-miss of an amazing streak of games, “I don’t need to score 40 every game because everyone already knows I could do it if I wanted to.”

The Stealth got the 134-107 win against the Warriors. With their winning streak at thirteen to end the year, the Stealth were already looking to 2014. “It’s a new year and we are playing great basketball,” Jason Kidd said, “Staying with the team was the best decision I’ve made. This is a lot of fun.” Kidd also made clear his New Year’s resolution, “I want to win a title. I think this is one of my best chances to do it. There’s no question that it is probably my last chance to do it.”

Durant finished with 38 points and 7 rebounds. Allen Iverson scored 23 in his second start of the season and Andrew Bogut added 18 points and 8 assists.

The Warriors were overwhelmed by the team that defeated them in their last playoff meeting. Monta Ellis led the team with 28 points, 10 assists and Louis Nixon also had a double double of 23 points and 10 assists. “You couldn’t expect any team to beat us when me and Louis both have double doubles,” Ellis said, “I can’t believe it. Seattle are definitely the best team in the league.”

Read More…

Wolves Add Andrei Kirilenko

Image Image

JANUARY 1, MINNESOTA – The Minneosta Timberwolves acquired Andrei Kirilenko in a swap for Rashad McCants.The Wolves also got a future second round draft choice in the deal.

The 32 year old, 6’9” forward from Russia is averaging 4.4 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.9 apg in 15 mpg this season. He holds career averages of 11.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.1 apg, 1.8 bpg and 1.2 spg. Kirilenko has fallen out of favour in Milwaukee this season and the Wolves hope that he will be able to help add versatility to their core group of Kevin Martin, Luol Deng, Manfred Nissley and Janis Kalnins.

The Bucks traded for McCants, whom they hope will provide help at the shooting guard and point guard positions. The Bucks have been on a downward slide on the Eastern Conference standings and desperately needed a lift. McCants is averaging 11.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg in 19 mpg this season. He has played in 32 games. The 29 year old, 6’4” former Tar Heel was a starter last season for 50 games until Kevin Martin landed in Minnesota. He finished last season averaging 15 ppg and holds career averages of 12.2 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.6 apg and .477 FG%.

McCants has recently revealed that he was frustrated by the lack of playing time, not only behind starters Martin and Nissley but also behind veteran point guard Mike Bibby.

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Houndy on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Yes dammit, 10 points. Nice win over the easy Warriors.

Nice deal by the Wolves, they keep adding to their core (Y)
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:44 pm

Houndy wrote:Nice deal by the Wolves, they keep adding to their core (Y)

I actually think the Bucks were bigger winners. Adding a young guy to their guard rotation...

SG: Rip/Stevenson/McCants
PG: Conley/Farmar/McCants

McCants didn't really get in a better situation though did he? :lol:

On the plus side, the Bucks might be able to make a run at a big man to beef up their front court.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Warriors v Stealth

Postby puttincomputers on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Welcome to the pack AK47!
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame