[CYOA] Final Chapter?

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

[The Other Guys] NLSC Draft Contest

Postby KidJustin on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Contest: #1 The Debut
Predict what Blake Griffin's stats will be in his first regular season game in the NBA?
Use the chart below:
Code: Select all
[b]Points:[/b]
[b]FG%:[/b]
[b]FT%:[/b]
[b]Rebounds:[/b]
[b]Assists:[/b]
[b]Steals:[/b]
[b]Blocks:[/b]
[b]Turnovers:[/b]

Contest type: Prediction
Rewards: Winner(s) will receive 1 Point per category correct 2 Points per % category correct - a Maximum of 10 Points *If Blake records a 0 stat for any category then no one is awarded points for that category
Length of Contest: Open until: posting of Clippers first game (don't worry, I might not have it up soon so you all have time)
Rules: Agents must post their answer to the contest on this thread only to be accepted. Once the Agent makes their submission, it is final unless I (KidJustin) allows otherwise.
Hint: N/A

Good luck! :mrgreen:
Last edited by KidJustin on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
KidJustin

Re: [The Other Guys] LAC Association

Postby Psychedelic™ on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 pm

FG%: 53%
FT%: 85%
Rebounds: 13
Assists: 3
Steals: 1
Blocks: 1
Turnovers: 3

And kindly post a screenshot of his first ever dunk in your Association. :cheeky:
Psychedelic™

Postby dare on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:44 pm

FG%: 52%
FT%: 78%
Rebounds: 15
Assists: 2
Steals: 2
Blocks: 2
Turnovers: 4
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Warlock95 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:52 pm

FG%: 56%
FT%: 80%
Rebounds: 13
Assists: 3
Steals: 3
Blocks: 0
Turnovers: 4
I once had a decent signature, then it took an arrow to the knee.
Warlock95

Postby Bucket on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 pm

FG%: 0.498
FT%: 0.650
Rebounds: 12
Assists: 1
Steals: 2
Blocks: 3
Bucket

Postby George7 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:59 pm

Points:28(Pretty high but yeah,I expect Blake to be dominant)
FG%:55%
FT%:78%
Rebounds: 14
Assists:3
Steals:2
Blocks:5
Turnovers:5
George7

Postby KidJustin on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:27 am

J-Bark #95, u might want to change ur blocks because if he gets 0 then no one gets the points

might as well guess any number
KidJustin

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:19 am

FG%: 70%
FT%: 70%
Assists: 4
Steals: 1
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

[The Other Guys] Media - Breaking News Around the NBA

Postby KidJustin on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:47 am

TWO TEAMS WITH BIG MOVES BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS
I don't know if Blake Griffin scared them away, but just before the start of the new season the San Antonio Spurs and the Chicago Bulls have made a major change to their organizations. No players were traded, but their legacies will not be forever changed.

The San Antonio Spurs owner Peter Holt has reportedly sold the majority of his shares to French billionaire Thierry Tirieux, some shares were also sold to Spurs legend, David Robinson. This is not Thierry's only stint in the NBA however, he is also an agent for his cousin, Argentinian Superstar Albano Spagnoletti, who is projected to enter this years NBA draft. Wonder what kind of deal would work out if the Spurs are able to steal this overseas stud in the upcoming draft?

Read More...

And the Chicago Bulls on the other hand fire two from their front office and hire Scottie Pippen as VP and former Greek standout George Koukoulis as GM. George, actually, has an eerily similar name with a potential draft prospect; there has been no word however if there is any relations.

Read More...

Hope you guys don't mind :mrgreen:
...oh George can change the names of ur draftees if you want and unless you dont mind the last line :P
Last edited by KidJustin on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
KidJustin

Re: [The Other Guys] Chapter I + Contest 1 + Media News

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:50 am

Nice. Let's just say we are cousins. :lol:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby KidJustin on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:55 am

Thierry • wrote:Nice. Let's just say we are cousins. :lol:

Twin cousins? :lol:
KidJustin

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:58 am

Lol yeah, you're right.

Then change my name to "Albano Spagnoletti" (my real name) and France --> Argentina as my country.
:)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby KidJustin on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:05 am

how about now? :mrgreen:
KidJustin

Postby Bucket on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:38 am

:lol: Twin Cousins :lol:
Bucket

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:19 am

There's no real picture of Tirieux, so, no problem :lol:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:22 am

Good luck with this, your Live 08 dynasty was very good. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby rise on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:33 am

FG%: 50%
FT%: 75%
Assists: 5
Steals: 3
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby KidJustin on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Valdis wrote::lol: Twin Cousins :lol:

:mrgreen:

Thierry • wrote:There's no real picture of Tirieux, so, no problem :lol:

maybe we might have one in this association...or better yet. NLSC contest for portrait submissions of what they think he looks like? :lol: :wink:

Martti. wrote:Good luck with this, your Live 08 dynasty was very good. (Y)

Thanks Martti., i only learn from the best :mrgreen:

....hm still missing Justine. on the contest. i was debating about doing the first game tonight...maybe ill just do it tomorrow. unlock some more jordan shoes in the mean time
KidJustin

Re: [The Other Guys] Media - Breaking News Around the NBA

Postby Warlock95 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:16 pm

KidJustin wrote:
TWO TEAMS WITH BIG MOVES BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS
I don't know if Blake Griffin scared them away, but just before the start of the new season the San Antonio Spurs and the Chicago Bulls have made a major change to their organizations. No players were traded, but their legacies will not be forever changed.

The San Antonio Spurs owner Peter Holt has reportedly sold the majority of his shares to French billionaire Thierry Tirieux, some shares were also sold to Spurs legend, David Robinson. This is not Thierry's only stint in the NBA however, he is also an agent for his cousin, Argentinian Superstar Albano Spagnoletti, who is projected to enter this years NBA draft. Wonder what kind of deal would work out if the Spurs are able to steal this overseas stud in the upcoming draft?

And the Chicago Bulls on the other hand fire two from their front office and hire Scottie Pippen as VP and former Greek standout George Koukoulis as GM. George, actually, has an eerily similar name with a potential draft prospect; there has been no word however if there is any relations.

A Frenchman with an Argentine cousin...GM and draft prospect with same name...I think the NBA in the alternate dimension is weirder (I once got a generated rookie in Live 08 named Glen Davis).
I once had a decent signature, then it took an arrow to the knee.
Warlock95

Postby George7 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:39 pm

KidJustin, I'll go with Thierry's way.Me and myself are cousins.We were both playing on Olympiakos,but my knee injury(refer to my story :mrgreen: ) made me take over Olympiakos Front Office,and after my success I got on the Bulls.On the other hand,my cousin(or my other self) is still on Olympiakos after the departure of the GM Character! Now both try to be successful in the NBA world by different positions!
George7

Re: [The Other Guys] Media - Breaking News Around the NBA

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:16 am

J-Bark #95 wrote:A Frenchman with an Argentine cousin...GM and draft prospect with same name...I think the NBA in the alternate dimension is weirder (I once got a generated rookie in Live 08 named Glen Davis).

I was born in Argentina and he was born in France, but we are cousins. That's not weird at all :|
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby KidJustin on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:01 am

George7 wrote:KidJustin, I'll go with Thierry's way.Me and myself are cousins.We were both playing on Olympiakos,but my knee injury(refer to my story :mrgreen: ) made me take over Olympiakos Front Office,and after my success I got on the Bulls.On the other hand,my cousin(or my other self) is still on Olympiakos after the departure of the GM Character! Now both try to be successful in the NBA world by different positions!

awesome (Y)

i'll work on writing up bios on all the NLSC draftees tonight since i got ur info and get the first game going too

stay tuned!
KidJustin

[The Other Guys] NLSC Draft Prospects

Postby KidJustin on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:13 pm

LA Clippers Prospect Scout, Robert Hall, dropped this off in Neil Olshey's desk.
Let's take a look shall we....

NLSC Draft Central

Meet the 2011 Draft Class

Name: Jerome Barkhorn aka "Warlock"
Pos. PG
School: Liberty City Community College
HT: 6'6" WT: 250lbs. Age: 21
Scouting Report:
First think Adam Morrison, then shave the stash, and add a WHOLE LOT of talent and you just got Jerome Barkhorn. He does not get as much rep as he should playing for a community college, but his talents are so undeniable that Sports Center has taken notice with this highlight, hitting 4 3-pointers in less than 40 seconds, which started with a highly contested 3 pointer, two consecutive steals and 3 pointers, a rebound and a half court game winning buzzer beater. Barkhorn is a big kid, but tends to play small. If he can improve his strength and rebounding, he may be able to transition into a solid Point Guard/Wing hybrid.

Name: Patrick Freeman aka "The Free Man"
Pos. PG
School: Kentucky
HT: 6'4" WT: 215lbs. Age: 19
Scouting Report:
When does Calipari's luck of talented point guards run out? It seems like never with 19 year old phenom Patrick Freeman handling the ball. Despite his small frame, Freeman has a real knack for the getting the rebound, which means he seems to be a walking triple-double every night. He is also slowly, but surely improving his on-ball defense and getting in the passing lanes and may very well be able to get a quadruple-double in his rookie season. The only knock on this kid is that he needs to develop a killer instinct, prospects have yet to see him take a clutch shot. Let's hope the NBA spot light doesn't scare off this young talent.

Name: Julian Martin & Valdis ''Money'' Iesalnieks
Pos. PF/C & C
School: UCLA
HT: 7'0 & 6'11"WT: 245lbs. & 271lbs. Age: 20 & 19
Scouting Report:
So I cheated on this report and did two guys in one...
There has not been many scouting reports on Martin, but he has been a very steady big for UCLA. Martin is a really cool individual and a real team player. When the very expressive Valdis Iesalnieks joined the Bruins he insisted on being the starting center, even though Martin is an inch taller, Martin allowed him to and decided to move over to the PF spot. This duo has is a real "Twin Tower of Power" (Valdis) for the Bruins, swatting everything on defense and dunking every time on offense. In an interview with the two Valdis was quoted by saying, "You can call me Money and him Problems, you want to know why? 'Cuz Mo' Money, Mo' Problems!" Martin just looked over and said, "Don't listen to him, My name is Julian Martin."

Name: Albano Spagnoletti
Pos. PG/SF
School: Argentina
HT: 6'8" WT: 245lbs. Age: 21
Scouting Report:
One of the top prospects coming from overseas. Spagnoletti has been compared to NBA players such as LeBron James and has played along side international great Manu Ginobili of the Spurs. Speaking of the Spurs, Spagnoletti's French billionaire cousin Thierry Tiriuex has just bought a majority of the ownership of the Spurs. A back-to-back MVP and points and rebounder leader over those two seasons, Spagnoletti is smart, athletic, and a great defender. What he lacks in emotions, he makes up by being a very strong character in the locker room. Sounds like a perfect Spur don't you think? Expect talks between whoever drafts him and the Spurs, well unless they steal him in the draft.

Name: Justin Jones
Pos. PF/C
School: Baylor
HT: 6'11" WT: 235lbs. Age: 19
Scouting Report:
Last year no one thought Baylor would still be a force in the NCAA with several key players graduating, well they proved everyone wrong by making it to the Elite Eight before falling to the #1 seed Duke. This year they are set to improve and adding in big man Justin Jones at center only improves their chances. This kids offensive arsenal is truly unbelievable. There really isn't a shot he hasn't liked. He has post moves and 3 point range. Think of the excitement of Amar'e Stoudemire with the big man stroke of Rasheed Wallace. The main thing he needs to prove scouts is that he can play some credible defense.

Name: Zee Otoo
Pos. SF/PF
School: North Carolina State
HT: 6'9" WT: 235lbs. Age: 20
Scouting Report:
Shooting the ball is like hitting a golf ball in the ocean for this lefty, "splash" every time. His body is build like the ultimate wing player and he plays like one too. His most notable play appeared on SportsCenter when swished the ball about 34 feet away from the basket, in a close game, with his right hand, oh and the clock was not winding down or anything. After the shot he just calmly walked back on defense, after the game he said "I was just bored and wanted to try it."

Name: George Koukoulis
Pos. SG/PG
School: Greece
HT: 6'3" WT: 190lbs. Age: 19
Scouting Report:
He is really only hitting the map now, so this is all I could gather from him. George Koukoulis, the new GM of the Bulls sent me to Greece to check this kid out. Same name, weird right? Well it appears that they are very close cousins, they even played together. They were known as "δίδυμο ξαδέλφια" or "Twin cousins". GMGeorge suffered a career ending injury while PlayerGeorge continued his career and agreed to enter this years draft after his cousin helped convince him. Anyways, this kid is a real hustle player, never gives up on any possession. Just make sure he stays away from traffic, he tends to miss those opportunities.
Last edited by KidJustin on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KidJustin

Re: [The Other Guys] NLSC Draft Prospects Report

Postby Bucket on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Nice update. Twin towers like Sampson and Olajuwon...
Bucket

[The Other Guys] NBA HEADLINES

Postby KidJustin on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:43 pm

NBA HEADLINES - Walker and Iverson signed, Kidd plans on retiring, Rhino Injured.

Antione Walker returns to the NBA
Anitone "Shimmy" Walker, who has been playing for the Idaho Stampede (NBDL) has returned to the NBA when the Pheonix Suns offered him a 1 year $473K contract.
Walker, "I wasn't sure about coming back, but when Steve Freakin' Nash calls you to join his team, you can't say no."

Walker did not disappoint as he debut and helped the Suns win their season opener against the Hawks with a double-double (22 points 10 rebounds) and going 2-4 from beyond the arc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason Kidd has announced that he will retire with Mavericks at the end of this season
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Craig Smith suffered a Strained Abdomen and will be out for the first 1-2 weeks of the season
The Wizards have signed Free Agent Allen Iverson to a 1 year $5.76M contract
For all the people that thought Gilbert Arenas (now a Magic) and John Wall would be a problem, look out for Iverson-Wall. Also Nick Young, who was expecting to be the starting SG may soon be disappointed with the team's decision

Last edited by KidJustin on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KidJustin

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood