A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born - Thierry v Ricky

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:19 pm

|)e8* wrote:HAHA i wished Thierry get traded

To Washington? :p

Houndy wrote:Rubio is a whore, no one gives a fuck what the kid says. Let management do their work. Thierry, stop crying. -Willie Lewis

Kiss my ass Rubio

Why you making enemies with the Pacers? They're gonna steamroll you :lol:
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Houndy on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Cuz I'm a trash talker. Rubio sucks dick
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm hoping Bird trades Rubio away from speaking way too often. He's unbearable! :x
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:54 pm

Houndy wrote:Cuz I'm a trash talker. Rubio sucks dick

You should trashtalk someone your level of talent. :P

Thierry • wrote:I'm hoping Bird trades Rubio away from speaking way too often. He's unbearable! :x

I think you're going on the trading block :P
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:24 pm

But I never do that :lol:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Houndy wrote:But I never do that :lol:

I know. :) That's why you are the most outspoken rookie ever.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born

Postby Valor on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Sit wrote:
Thierry • wrote:Man, screw Rubio then. I tried to have a better relationship with him, but looks like he won't listen. This has no coming back :lol:

You're the one who sat down in the middle of an NBA game. :roll:

ouch Thierry, ouch :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Thierry • wrote:Man, screw Rubio then. I tried to have a better relationship with him, but looks like he won't listen. This has no coming back :lol:

Even Leo doesn't do that. :)

Leo is cheering like a good cheerleader should :D
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:

And scoring 10 points a game with no minutes :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Kalnins Starts All-Star Campaign

DECEMBER 19, MINNESOTA – Wolves C Janis Kalnins has started a viral Youtube campaign to win himself votes for the All-Star ballot. The European big man has asked Wolves fans to vote for him and to convert all of their votes for former Wolves C Al Jefferson to votes for Kalnins.

Kalnins’ appears on his Youtube clip and states boldly, “I am the number one centre in the Western Conference. You all need to vote for me!” Kalnins has improved considerably from his rookie season and is often singled out by fellow sophomore Liam Washburn as an overrated ‘Euro stiff’.

Kalnins has a dig at Washburn in his video, “That nerdy guy in Milwaukee is the most overrated player in the NBA. Even Darko is better than him!”

Read More…

Pippen: Derrick Rose Needs To Improve

DECEMBER 19, CHICAGO – 6-time NBA champion Scottie Pippen has singled out Chicago Bulls PG Derrick Rose and called for him to ‘step up or step aside.’

“Chicago needs a real leader,” Pippen said, “Rose has had his shot for two or three seasons now and he still hasn’t figured it out. Some guys are leader-material. I think Derrick is a great player but he isn’t your Chris Paul or Jason Kidd. He’s more of a Mo Williams.”

Rose has struggled in his role as the Bulls’ lead guard and at times looks overwhelmed on the court. A few weeks ago, he was even asking the front office to bring in some more help. Pippen thought those requests were a sign of Rose throwing in the white flag.

“He’s not confident with the roster he has,” Pippen said, “Real leaders go out and make their teammates better. Derrick has not done that. It’s time we make a deal to bring in someone who will make their teammates better. Maybe Derrick will get better.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:

And scoring 10 points a game with no minutes :lol:

Don't you feel good?
Fresh8

Postby newc on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 pm

yeah, vote for Kalnins, and not that nerdy guy in Milwaukee :lol:
newc

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:49 pm

newc wrote:yeah, vote for Bogut, and not that nerdy guy in Milwaukee :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Sit wrote: He’s more of a Mo Williams.”

:turrible:
This only happens in your 2k9 association man, D-Rose kills everybody in real life :scold:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote: He’s more of a Mo Williams.”

:turrible:
This only happens in your 2k9 association man, D-Rose kills everybody in real life :scold:

Thought that would get a reaction out of you :)
Fresh8

Postby Mandich on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Forgot how D Rose isn't a star in your association . . really hope he becomes one (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby hova- on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Hov Illustrated wrote:

Hova happy that Toronto drama has found an end

DECEMBER 20th, TORONTO – Toronto point guard Chris Hova is looking forward to a decent future with the Bosh-less Raptors.

If you ask Chris Hova about the last two months and how he had to deal with off-court distractions, the German native point guard holds his tongue. He seem to think twice about what he's saying to the media right now.

When Chris Bosh first was traded to the Miami Heat in September, it was Hova who had the courage to vocalize about what most Raptors players, the fans and the executives thought. "Chris Bosh does not lift this team to the Playoffs", were the words Hova found after the trade of the Raptors go-to-guy. It was a tough conclusion of the whole situation, but Hova did not lack of any evidence, as the Raptors had not been to the Playoffs the seasons before.

But things often turn out other than expected. Bosh failed the medicals and the trade to the Miami Heat did not happen.

"It was a tough time, you know. What I said did not really help us to get together and play better as a team", 4-year veteran Hova said. "We did not talk to each other for almost a month and it also seemed like the relationship of Chris (Bosh) and Coby (Clark) was pretty fierce".

Coby Clark, the number one pick of the 2013 NBA draft was already praised as the new franchise player of the only Canadian franchise in the NBA, although Bosh was still part of the team.

The Raptors started into the season like they did in the seasons before, with losses piling up. A 6-12 record after the first 18 games could not even express the problems the team had off the court. Chemistry problems. "We were like Chris (Bosh) and his squad, and Coby (Clark), me and our guys, it was horrible", Hova says. "You cannot win in such a situation".

Even more strange, that Chris Bosh was experiencing another All-Star season nevertheless. The 29 year old power forward scored 24.8 points per game and added 10.3 rebounds.
Coby Clark was also showing his potential and was personally successfull earning Eastern Rookie Of The Month honors with 14.5 points and 8.5 boards per game.

But the team simply did not click. "We all noticed, that Chris (Bosh) wants to leave and although he did not talk very much, he made things clear with his behaviour off the court. He completely backed out".

So for Hova, who is averaging 9.4 points and 7.7 dimes per game in 30.7 minutes this season, a trade was imminent. So it was for Bosh. And so it was for Jerry Colangelo.

The Raptors received former number one pick Jeremy Mason, Yi Jianlian from the New Jersey Nets and Vince Carter from the Philadelphia 76ers in a three way deal which sent Chris Bosh to New Jersey to play alongside Carmelo Anthony.

"It's really the first time I am really happy since a long time", Hova says with a smile on his face. "I love the potential of our team. Coby (Clark) will get more shots now that Chris (Bosh) is gone. And Vince (Carter) can really help us with his veteran leadership and his deadly stroke".

Asked wether or not he can understand the displeasure of the Raptors' supporters regarding Carter's comeback, Hova stays loyal with his team mate.

"His parting was not very nice, that's for sure", Hova understands, "but for me he is a living legend and a lost son of the city. And I think he can really help us, so we should stay together", the German says.

The Raptors are now looking to start over completely with their only All-Star gone and Hova looks into the future optimistically.

"We can definitely make some noise and if our young core keeps improving, I think we have a shot at the Playoffs", the point guard says with his eyes wide open. "That would mean a dream come true for me, and I am working even harder now to give the team a lift".

We will see what the Toronto Raptors have left in the tank, but at least the atmosphere of the squad has turned around completely. One thing is for sure: Chris Hova will still think twice about every word he is saying to the media, because now he knows how things can happen and contaminate the fresh air of a NBA franchise.

Read More…
Last edited by hova- on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Thanks for the article Hova :)

I will get a picture for you to put at the top of it. (Y)

Great read (Y) (Y)
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born - Lots of Updates + Hova exclusive!

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Durant Leads Bucks Slaughter
Milwaukee Bucks at Seattle Stealth: 106-128
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

December 17, SEATTLE (AP) – Kevin Durant and the Seattle Stealth romped to their seventh straight win by methodically ripping apart the Milwaukee Bucks. If you had watched only the first quarter, you would have thought that Seattle were in for a long night. However, the Stealth pulled through from the second quarter onwards to cruise to victory.

The Bucks raced to a blazing start behind strong first quarter efforts from Jay Gray, Jordan Farmar and Liam Washburn. The Stealth barely kept with the away team and did well to finish the first quarter just 10 points behind the Bucks.

“To give up 44 points in the first quarter was bad,” Durant said, “But we gave them a bit of their own medicine after that.”

The Bucks hardly looked like the team in control from the first quarter as they were rattled by an aggressive Stealth attack. Washburn scored 2 points in the second quarter to get his tally to 10 and did not score a point after the middle of the second quarter. “We didn’t even need to try to shut down Washburn,” Head Coach George Karl said, “We let Jay (Gray) do whatever he liked and it was a good strategy because he doesn’t have strong role players supporting him.”

Seattle held the Bucks to 16 points while scoring 40 points in the second quarter. “This was a bad loss for us,” Gray stated at the end of the game, “What can I say? Seattle is just a very very good basketball team.”

Notes: Seattle’s seven game winning streak is their longest of the season so far… Seattle plays in Miami for a chance to extend the streak to eight…

Box Score wrote:Milwaukee Bucks 13-14 (44 – 16 – 19 – 27 – 106)

Jay Gray: 30 pts, 15 reb, 4 ast, 7 blk, 13-26 FG, 1-3 3PT, 3-3 FT
Jordan Farmar: 17 pts, 6 ast, 6-9 FG, 3-5 3PT, 2-3 FT
Rip Hamilton: 15 pts, 6 ast, 2 stl, 7-12 FG, 1-2 3PT
Liam Washburn: 10 pts, 4-16 FG
Mike Conley: 6 pts, 3-14 FG

Seattle Stealth 16-9 (34 – 40 – 18 – 36 – 128)

Kevin Durant: 35 pts, 8 reb, 3 stl, 13-23 FG, 1-2 3PT, 8-8 FT
Allen Iverson: 19 pts, 8-15 FG, 3-7 3PT
Reshawn Tyson: 15 pts, 7 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 7-15 FG
David Lee: 14 pts, 12 reb
Andrew Bogut 13 pts, 11 reb, 8 ast, 4 blk
Jason Kidd: 10 pts, 10 ast
Fresh8

Postby Mandich on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:19 pm

44 pts in a quarter ? Defensive minded team is the Stealth , right ? :lol: Jay Gray is a beast (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:46 pm

For Lightning Strike...

B Roy (later in season)

.342 3PT%... 51/149
.725 FT%... 156/215
Last edited by Fresh8 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Kubik on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Great win! Everybody in your team is hot :wink:
Kubik

Postby The X on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Jay Gray is a killer. Shame he doesn't have the support. There is a reason I went to Dallas over Milwaukee :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:10 pm

mandich wrote:44 pts in a quarter ? Defensive minded team is the Stealth , right ? :lol: Jay Gray is a beast (Y)

Since when were we defensive minded? :lol:

Kubik wrote:Great win! Everybody in your team is hot :wink:

Thanks Kubik.

We are playing great basketball right now.

The X wrote:Jay Gray is a killer. Shame he doesn't have the support. There is a reason I went to Dallas over Milwaukee :P

Yep, the Bucks just aren't that good unfortunately. :(
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Updated: December 20, 2013
Gibson : I Want Revenge!
The Cavs player who missed the most important shot of the 2013 NBA Finals wants a shot at his former team.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gibson is back in the NBA with the Nets; the team he helped beat in the Eastern Conference earlier this year

By Woody Hannes
ESPN.com Writer

I asked Boobie Gibson, “How did it feel for the Cavs to cut you off like that?”

Silence.

It was complete silence from the 27 year old who spent 7 years with the Cavs. Gibson just shook his head and said nothing. As I sat there awkwardly, I tried to think of something to say to break the ice. When an idea popped in my head, Gibson coincidentally spoke up first. He said, “It’s about how I felt before. It’s about how I’m feeling now and what I want to do about it.”

There are no words to describe how I felt for the Cavs and how they treated Boobie Gibson. He was a player who worked hard and improved every single year. He was a player they developed since picking him up in the second round of the 2006 NBA Draft. And the worst part was that Gibson was a friend of Lebron James’.

I am emphasising the ‘was’ in that last sentence.

“Lebron was my friend,” Gibson told me, “I was hurt that he didn’t want me back on the team. He didn’t even say it to my face but my agent told me that Lebron got the call from the Cavs and he told them to spend their money on the new guy.”

The ‘new guy’ happens to be Terrell Hicks; a former top prospect from the Toronto Raptors who was looking for less money than what Gibson was trying to command. For our purposes, I can say that Hicks has fit in well in Cleveland and doing a very efficient job from off the bench in Gibson’s capacity – as a spot up shooter. When I mentioned this to Gibson, he hit me back with a very good point.

“It’s not about the money or the role or anything,” he said, “It’s about loyalty. The team didn’t show me that loyalty and Lebron surely didn’t stick by what I thought was a bond that we shared. I thought we were friends.” Gibson told me that since leaving Cleveland, Lebron has not even contacted him.

Gibson remembers ‘the shot’ everyday he switches on his television or computer and sees NBA highlights or news. He remembers how it fell short and delivered the Kings a title on a platter. Yes, the game was not lost on that one shot and one player should not shoulder all of the blame. However, Gibson came out of that NBA Finals series as the biggest loser. He lost his place with the Cavs and he also lost his place in the NBA.

After Cleveland made the shock move of not resigning him, Gibson made his way overseas where he has been playing for CSKA Moscow. In Russia, Gibson concentrated on being a more complete point guard. He not only got better in the small amount of time over there but he also got a taste of what it felt like to be a star. “I was sometimes the main option over there,” Gibson laughed, “I was relied upon to put the ball in the hoop night in and night out.”

Gibson did not disappoint his fans as he averaged a team leading 13.8 points per game. “I know that 14 points doesn’t jump out at you but the European game is different. We had three or four others averaging double figures. That doesn’t happen in the NBA.” Gibson also got the honour to play with another former Cav: Trajan Langdon. Langdon, a former Blue Devil and three-year NBA player, tutored Gibson every practice. Gibson said that he appreciated the lessons learnt from the 37 year old.

“He (Langdon) really helped me rebuild my confidence. He told me that he saw the highlights and he saw that shot I missed,” Gibson explained, “He told me that sometimes things don’t always go your way and that you just have to pick yourself up again if it don’t.” Gibson spent hours in the gym with Langdon working on his already lethal jumper, “He taught me a thing or two. The best part about Trajan is that the first day I met him, he asked me if the NBA was still a goal. I told him that it was and he told me he was going to try his best to help me get back there.”

A few months later and by exercising a clause in his contract with Moscow, Gibson was headed back on a plane bound for New Jersey. The Nets called just after a Euroleague game against Regal FC Barcelona (Indiana Pacers Ricky Rubio’s former team) in which Gibson top scored with 22 points, including five three pointers. He was about to get on the team bus when his cell phone rang and his manager told him that he was wanted back.

“Which team?” Gibson asked.

His agent replied, “The Nets.”

Gibson was still laughing when I interviewed him when recalling the conversation with his agent. “I told him,” Gibson had a wide grin, “That it’s funny that the Nets wanted me. I guess they remembered me from the playoffs.”

“Did you say yes straight away?” I asked him.

Gibson was honest, “Beggers can’t be choosers. It’s every kid’s dream to play in the NBA and who am I to say no to an offer.”

“So no other factors affected your decision?”

Gibson paused for a moment and then said it.

“Give me Cleveland in the playoffs this year. I can’t wait to face them.”
Last edited by Fresh8 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame