A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born - BLOCKBUSTER! + Drug Leak + L-Train

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:35 pm

December 16, 2013
Trade Reaction: NBA Three-team Blockbuster
By Willard Smith

New Jersey Nets receive Chris Bosh, Sergei Alenichev

The Nets just lost three solid players in order to get one All-Star. My question is: will this deal be worth it in the long run? What has made the Nets stand out was their depth but it is understandable why a deal has taken place. After a number of years hovering just above .500, I guess it was time for a change.

Mason and Yi were starters while Simmons came off the bench as a solid sixth man. All three players were hard workers and each had their own strengths. Mason is a superstar quality shooter, Yi is a potential All-Star and Simmons is a versatile role player.

The Nets get in return a player who is not regarded as a ‘hard worker’. Bosh may be an All-Star but he was only one because of how crap the Raptors were. Bosh isn’t the type of player who will play hard off the ball on offence. And does he even play defense? Bosh averaged 2 blocks a game two seasons ago and has struggled to average 1 block a game ever since. His points and rebounding numbers have also dipped since his ‘career year’ 2 seasons ago.

One thing is for sure and that is that Bosh is probably going to play super hard. Perhaps this is what the .500 and underachieving Nets need. Bosh will pair up with fellow 03 draftee Carmelo Anthony in what is a tantalizing starting five on paper. I have to say that this might work in the short run and we will see the Nets shoot up to the top of the Eastern Conference standings. My main concern is whether Bosh’s focus will extend beyond 2013-14.

Projected Starting Five: Barney Steele | Rudy Fernandez | Carmelo Anthony | Chris Bosh | DJ Schmidt
Trade Grade: A-

Toronto Raptors receive Jeremy Mason, Yi Jianlian, Vince Carter, Cleveland Cavaliers Future First Round Pick

The Raptors actually did pretty damn well for themselves. Jeremy Mason is going to help spread the floor with his shooting stroke. The first overall pick of the 2010 NBA Draft is in a contract year and I am predicting steady results from him in his new home of Toronto. This guy is able to average 13 points on limited shots on the stacked up Nets – imagine how he will go with so many more extra shots on the Raptors. Yi will be a very popular acquisition because of his nationality and also because he is an underrated talent. This guy has improved tremendously over the years and the Raptors will need to thank the Nets for the time spent on Yi.

For me, it’s great to see Carter back in Raptors’ colors but I’m pretty sure Raptors fans are going to hate this! It’s quite comical that he has been brought back to the fold but that’s what a new owner will do. Toronto is no doubt hoping that Carter’s presence on the team will bring back more fans for the ailing franchise. It is predicted that Carter will be fighting Mason for minutes at small forward. Mason probably will not start ahead of Raptors’ fourth year SG Larry Williams. My sources have informed me that Carter will be the starting 3-man in Toronto although I think that he would be better suited coming off the bench.

The Raptors also locked up further security by acquiring a future first round draft choice. It is the Cavs’ pick that the Nets got in the Rudy Fernandez deal. Not a bad trade for the Raptors seeing that they have been trying to offload Bosh for a while. Everything makes so much sense with Coby Clark and Yi Jianlian forming the Raptors’ new ‘twin towers’. Mason, Williams and Hova form a young, talented backcourt while Carter will hopefully receive a warm welcome back (Don’t hope for this too much as chances are that everyone still hates him in Toronto).

Projected Starting Five: Chris Hova | Larry Williams | Vince Carter | Yi Jianlian | Coby Clark
Trade Grade: B

Philadelphia 76ers receive Bobby Simmons, Mickael Pietrus, Toronto Raptors Future First Round Pick

The Sixers were needed to make the Chris Bosh deal work because the Raptors did not think they were getting enough in return for the All-Star PF. All parties were lucky that the Sixers had a vested interest in getting rid of Vince Carter at the same time that Toronto were thinking of asking to have him back. Andre Iguodala had complained to the Sixers’ brass that Carter was a ‘cancer in the locker room’ and that his poor defensive efforts really hurt the ball club.

Philadelphia got a modest return on the 36 year old Carter. They were able to get Bobby Simmons and Mickael Pietrus; both players will help shore up a thin frontcourt. Pietrus, in particular, should be regarded as a solid pickup because he will bring more of a defensive focus to the team that is predicated on its ability to shut down opponents. Toronto also gave up a future first round pick to Sixers in order to coerce them to get involved in the three team trade.

Projected Starting Five: Delonte West | Andre Iguodala | Mikael Pietrus | Chris Wilcox | Kendrick Perkins
Trade Grade: B+
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A Legend Is Born - BDL analysis

Postby George7 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Wow!That was a surprising move!So the deal with NYK for Ty will be done?
George7

Postby megarover on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:01 am

What a sudden trade but this places them among the elite if they weren't already. They gave up a bunch of depth though but they still got me and Felton in the backcourt.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:15 am

Felton is gone... But you got Gibson now. So that ain't bad!
Fresh8

Postby megarover on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:38 am

And just when I thought I was moving up the depth chart :x
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 am

Be glad that Ray is gone and you don't have to be a fourth stringer :P

Can't remember who the backup PG is in NJ...
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:02 am

Nets, Sixers Battle After Recent Trade

Image Image

DECEMBER 16, PHILADELPHIA – The New Jersey Nets and Philadelphia 76ers were part of one of the biggest trades in years two days ago. Chris Bosh passed his physical in the morning and made an earlier than expected debut for the Nets as they tested out the new makeup of their team against the Sixers.

Bosh finished with 18 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 blocks in his debut. Carmelo Anthony led the team with 25 points, 10 rebounds and DJ Schmidt added 24 points and a career high 8 assists. Barney Steele, who had 12 points and 9 assists, gave his approval to his new teammates Bosh and Daniel Gibson (8 points). “It’s pretty exciting,” Steele said, “I think we have the best team in the Eastern Conference now. It’s no joke. We haven’t even practiced together and we looked pretty good.”

Despite the strong individual performances from the Nets players, Andre Iguodala led 6 other players in double figures with 29 points and hit the game winner in a thrilling comeback win at home. The Sixers were happy without the presence of Vince Carter on the team and celebrated the 119-117 win as if it was a playoff win. “I think we can,” Iguodala answered when asked if the Sixers could make a run for the playoffs.

SG Rudy Fernandez got his first start with the Nets and finished with 9 points.

Read More…

Vince Carter Makes Raptors Homecoming Debut

DECEMBER 17, TORONTO – The Toronto Raptors lost to the Golden State Warriors 112-88 in Vince Carter’s first game back with the Raptors. Carter was not welcomed back by Toronto fans who booed and jeered at the former face of the franchise. Raptors PG Chris Hova recently asked fans to accept Carter again.

Carter led the team with 22 points on 8-15 shooting from the field. Hova had 12 assists. Jeremy Mason scored 16 points in his debut since being traded from New Jersey. Fellow former Net Yi Jianilian struggled to get to 6 points and 4 rebounds. Rookie big man Coby Clark was also underwhelming in his first game out of Chris Bosh’s shadow as he shot 1 for 9 and finished with 4 points and 7 rebounds.

Monta Ellis led the Warriors with 32 points, Andris Biedrins added 25 points, 9 rebounds and Louis Nixon had 24 points, 12 assists, 5 steals. The Warriors cruised to victory against the Raptors and Toronto fans had left the arena by the start of the fourth quarter.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born - Bosh, Carter debuts!

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 am

Hell yeah, 12 dimes for me. Sorry that I did not yet comment on the trade, but had no time today. Maybe tomorrow. Expect an article soon ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 am

hova- wrote:Hell yeah, 12 dimes for me. Sorry that I did not yet comment on the trade, but had no time today. Maybe tomorrow. Expect an article soon ;)

If you had 12 more, maybe you could have won. ;)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Why are the Raptors fans still booing VC? They booed him cause he left, now he's back they are still booing him? (N)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Everybody Hates Vince ;)
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Stop hating on my man VC. He'S a veteran now. His role is to support Hov & Clark, nothing more ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:05 pm

hova- wrote:Stop hating on my man VC. He'S a veteran now. His role is to support Hov & Clark, nothing more ;)

But he led you team in scoring man? :P
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:42 pm

Jeff Green To Indiana

Image Image

DECEMBER 17, INDIANA – The Detroit Pistons continued to disassemble their basketball team with a clear view to rebuilding. Versatile swingman Jeff Green is the latest Piston to be traded out of the motor city and he along with SG Mo Evans and PF Leo Givens were dealt for four expiring Pacers contracts: Steve Francis, Wes Patrick, Travis Diener and Troy Murphy.

The Pistons wanted to get rid of Green’s huge 13 million dollar contract. Green should become the sixth man for Indiana. He is a versatile player and who will undoubtedly help the 16-8 Pacers, currently third best in East.

Read More…

Dallas Adds Brad Miller

DECEMBER 18, DALLAS – NBA veteran C Brad Miller said that he was not ready to retire from professional basketball just yet and the Dallas Mavericks came calling as a result. The Mavs are excited to add the all-around skilled big man to their team. Dallas has been struggling this season and hope that three new additions in Miller, JJ Hickson and James Posey will help to solidify their playing roster in a bid to make a run for the playoffs.

Dirk Nowitzki, who has recovered from injury, was pleased with the news that the team signed another center after the young Jason Smith was dealt for forward Posey. “I feel that we have one of the most balanced rosters in Dallas in a while,” Nowitzki stated, “I just hope that we can pull it all together and make our record better.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:49 am

Stealth Star Tyson Unhappy

DECEMBER 18, SEATTLEReshawn Tyson has been struggling because of a sprained ankle but that might not be the only thing bothering him. Despite the Seattle Stealth’s recent form, Tyson has seen All-Star PF Chris Bosh moved to the New Jersey Nets and his own hopes of a team switch fade.

“I thought I would be going there (to New Jersey) but I guess I’m not so lucky,” Tyson said, “When I signed here (in Seattle), I was promised that I would be traded. I don’t know why these guys are holding onto me.”

Tyson is averaging close to 25 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists per game this season. However, the Stealth have had their most healthy stretch of wins with Tyson less active on the offensive end. Earlier this month, Head Coach George Karl and Team Captain Kevin Durant called Tyson out for being selfish and playing out of the system.

Tyson has remained silent but yesterday retaliated to those claims, “George doesn’t run any offensive sets or gets us to play defence so how can there be a system? Kevin Durant can’t call anyone selfish – he should look in a mirror.”

Tyson said that he would continue to play hard for Seattle but that his patience was wanning thin with the organisation. He also stated that he was keeping an eye on rumours that the New York Knocks are in talks with the Stealth about a three-team trade. Karl, Durant and GM Will Sit were unable for comment.

Read More…
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:01 am

Sit wrote:He also stated that he was keeping an eye on rumours that the New York Knocks are in talks with the Stealth about a three-team trade

The New York Knocks. Gold :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:03 am

Gotta love dem Knocks :lol:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks guys. (Y)

I realised I misspelt but didn't change it because of my forgetfullness. Silly me, :facepalm:

Anyways, I'm not sure if it's as funny as Melo the 2nd pick...
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 am

Rubio: Trade Spagnoletti

DECEMBER 19, INDIANA – Indiana Pacers PG and MVP candidate Ricky Rubio has delivered a furious barrage of insults towards team mate and second year SG Albano Spagnoletti. He concluded the podium interview by lobbying Larry Bird to trade away the Argentine.

Spagnoletti made headlines after he sat down at midcourt in the middle of a recent Pacers home game. The Argentine complained after the game that Pacers fans were not noticing him and cheering enough for him. He also complained of fans booing him everytime he had a shot attempt in games, whether made or missed.

Rubio ripped through Spagnoletti after the game, “I told him that he was a bad basketball player and a bad team mate. I told him that he should quit if he really wants to.” Rubio alleged that Spagnoletti has threatened to quit basketball numerous times this season, “Everynight he plays bad and everynight he says he wants to quit. I am still waiting for it to happen. My teammates are betting he won’t reach halfway of this season.”

Rubio made a dare to Bird, “I want him to be traded. We already have a new player (Jeff Green) who is a lot better than him.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Man, screw Rubio then. I tried to have a better relationship with him, but looks like he won't listen. This has no coming back :lol:
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Thierry • wrote:Man, screw Rubio then. I tried to have a better relationship with him, but looks like he won't listen. This has no coming back :lol:

You're the one who sat down in the middle of an NBA game. :roll:
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Yeah, I read that... ridiculous. Why did you write that? :lol:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Thierry • wrote:Yeah, I read that... ridiculous. Why did you write that? :lol:

:lol: Thought it sounded funny :)
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born - Thierry v Ricky

Postby |)e8* on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:13 pm

HAHA i wished Thierry get traded
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Re: A Legend Is Born - Thierry v Ricky

Postby Houndy on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Rubio is a whore, no one gives a fuck what the kid says. Let management do their work. Thierry, stop crying. -Willie Lewis

Kiss my ass Rubio
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame