A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born - Chapter 27: Anticipation

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:18 am

shadowgrin wrote:To Sit - :facepalm2:

To Shadow - :D
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:49 am

Ex-Cavs Guard Gibson Back With Nets

DECEMBER 10, NEW JERSEY – The New Jersey Nets signed Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson today. The contract details for the former Cav are unknown but sources indicate that it is a multiyear deal that lured the shooter back to the United States after a stint with CSKA Moscow.

After being slighted by the Cavs, Gibson decided that he could help the Nets in the Eastern Conference. Many believe that he signed with a former Eastern Conference foe because it would be a great shot for him to get revenge on the team that drafted him in 2006 in the second round. Gibson is now famous for missing the last shot of the 2013 NBA Finals. It was Game 7 and the last shot of the series could have won the Cavs the game as they were trailing by 2 points.

Forgetting about the final moment of his Cavs career, the 27 year old, 8 year pro has been a serviceable role player in Cleveland. Last season he averaged 9.8 points, 2.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists. He also shot brilliantly as clips of .500 from the field and .500 from the three point line. He holds career averages of 7.6 points, 1.6 rebounds, 1.6 assists, .481 FG% and .487 3PT%. His best shooting season was during 2009-10 when he hit at rates of .546 FG% and .585 3PT%.

Read More…

Source: Nets Trade Will Happen Overnight

DECEMBER 12, NEW JERSEY – Sources have leaked that the New Jersey Nets are to be involved in a blockbuster deal in the coming days. The Nets have been in trade talks for weeks now and league sources indicate that Nets GM Billy King is ready to pull the trigger in the coming days.

A Nets insider has confirmed that the team will receive an All-Star player in exchange for a package of young players including Jeremy Mason. To fuel further speculation, Nets center DJ Schmidt sat out his team’s practice for the second straight day and now there are rumors that he is potentially part of the trade package.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born - Chapter 27 + Nets Making Moves

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:52 am

I bet New Jersey ends up getting Bosh.
Lamrock

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:55 am

ESPN Insider
Jonas Kingly

Well folks I have some distressing news. I mentioned a few hours ago via twitter that a supposed FBI source leaked some information to me concerning a certain NBA persona. Well I now have the more than one high level national government employee, including one from the CIA, confirming my initial source. (If the CIA gets involved then something big is going on.)

While some of the official details are sketchy, here is what we know that has been released officially. 12 people were arraigned in Federal Court in the Seattle area on drug charges. While we do not know the names involved as of yet there were some well known people entering the courthouse. One of those people was David Stern. Just why was Stern there? Possibly to confirm some of the stories I am hearing.

Here is what a certain FBI official told me, this has also been categorically confirmed on condition of anonymity by a high level CIA official
FBI guy:
A short time ago Allen Iverson was arraigned in Federal court on drug and racketeering charges. David Stern showed up and with the help of some of his henchmen, aka lawyers, and tried to convince the judge that his good friend Iverson was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not only did it not work but Stern was told by the FBI that he and his lawyers had also been investigated due to their close interactions with Iverson over the years, however the CIA stated that Stern and his lawyers had been investigated and cleared! Stern looked around in completely stupefied expression and then fired the lawyers. Iverson then got a bright idea and hired them. While in the middle of all this Rasheed Wallace rushed in and started yelling at Iverson for being such an idiot to have met in such a public place. He said and I quote, "Iversooooooon! You idiot! Why did you turn the feds on me?! I told you you could not use my gun to protect yourself in case those memorabilia collectors were too aggressive!" At this point the judge looked at Rasheed and told him what was really going on. Rasheed got really quiet. He then asked, "so my gun was used in the commission of a felony? The judge said that his gun was used in the commission of a felony and that Rasheed needed some good legal council.

What are my thoughts on the matter? Assuming my sources are giving me the truth the NBA and particularly the Stealth are going to hope that Iverson is cleared. However, due to the international implications, rumors suggest that folks from China and Columbia may be involved, It is doubtful Iverson will play another game in the NBA if the sources are correct.
Last edited by puttincomputers on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Re: A Legend Is Born - Chapter 27 + Nets Making Moves

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:07 am

Three-Team Blockbuster Deal Confirmed

Image Image Image

DECEMBER 13, NEW JERSEY – All-Star forward Chris Bosh was finally traded after years of rumors. The ex-Toronto Raptor was involved in a blockbuster deal that included 7 players and
2 future draft picks. The deal is sure to cause much discussion in the coming months as Bosh joins a star studded team in New Jersey. The third team involved in this deal was the Philadelphia 76ers.

The Raptors (10-15) sent Bosh, 29, packing after many seasons of trade rumors and speculation. Bosh was in fact nearly dealt during the offseason to the Miami Heat but failed a physical. The forward is averaging 22 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.1 blocks this season. He holds career averages of 21.6 points, 9.6 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.3 blocks. The 29 year old was the fourth pick of the 2003 draft and joins Carmelo Anthony, the third pick of the same draft, in New Jersey.

“I’m so glad that we were able to pick up Chris,” Anthony stated, “I’ve played with him at the Olympics as well as in the past during the offseason and I am excited at him hooking us with us here in New Jersey.”

The Raptors also traded Mickael Pietrus (6.8 ppg) and a future first round selection to Philadelphia (11-12) in order to entice the Sixers to lend a hand in making a transaction work. The Sixers were needed to convince the Raptors to take the final step by sending them former Toronto favorite Vince Carter and his expiring contract.

The move gives Toronto more flexibility in the upcoming offseason with Carter’s moderately sized contract to come off the books. 36 year old Carter is averaging Vince Carter 15.6 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.9 assists this season. He holds career numbers of 22.3 points, 5.1 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 1.1 steals and has played for the Raptors, Nets, Knicks and Sixers during his 16 year NBA career. The Raptors also sent Sergei Alenichev to the Nets as a salary filler. The 23 year old is a 6’9” power forward from Russia who has spent his entire career in the D-League after being selected in the second round of the 2012 Draft.

The Nets (13-9) had to part with Jeremy Mason, Yi Jianlian, Bobby Simmons and a Cleveland Cavaliers future first round draft pick. Mason, Yi and the Cavs future first rounder were sent to the Raptors while Simmons was traded to the Sixers.

Mason, 25, was the first overall pick of the 2010 Draft. The Australian guard has enjoyed a solid career in New Jersey and heads to the Raptors where he might have to start on the bench behind Raptors shooting guard Larry Williams. However, Mason has stated that he would relish an opportunity in Toronto as he envisions himself capable of having a big role there in the future. Mason is averaging 13 points, 3 rebounds and 3.5 assists this season. He holds career averages of 14.2 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists.

Yi, 26, was the sixth pick of the 2007 Draft and was acquired by New Jersey in what was a controversial deal at the time. Over the past few seasons, Yi has become a fan favorite but his penchant for soft defense and taking wild shots has gotten under his coaches’ nerves. The Chinese forward is averaging 18.9 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.1 steals, 1.2 blocks this season. He is averaging 14.1 points, 6.6 rebounds, 0.7 assists, 0.9 steals, 1.2 blocks over his career.

Hova: Please Welcome Him Back

DECEMBER 14, TORONTO – Toronto Raptors point guard Chris Hova has pleaded with fans to welcome back, who he describes as, ‘the prodigal son’. “I know that once upon a time ago he disappointed all the fans here,” Hova stated, “In a sense, he was dead to many of us. I know (when I was young) that I was disappointed to hear how he quit on our franchise. But I believe that we can learn to forgive him and I hope that we can all welcome him back to the Raptors.”

Vince Carter was traded home to Toronto, the team where he rose to immense fanfare after winning the NBA’s Slam Dunk Contest in 2000. Carter was also an Olympic Gold Medalist that year and a rising star in the league. However, his fan favorite status wilted later on and was beyond repairable when he was shipped to the New Jersey Nets. Hova reflected on how popular Vinsanity became in Germany during the early 2000s.

After the Raptors win last night, Hova said in an interview that he had called Carter to welcome him to the team. Hova recalled, “Vince said that he is ready to come back and really play his best for this team. He said he has a lot of good memories here and can’t wait to redeem himself. I believe him one hundred percent.” Carter is averaging 15.6 points per game this season.

Read More…

Iggy Rips Carter

DECEMBER 14, PHILADELPHIAAndre Iguodala said that even though the Sixers didn’t get much in return, the three team deal that rid his side of Vince Carter might actually work out well by the theory of ‘addition by subtraction.’

“I’m glad that he’s gone,” Iggy told reporters after morning shoot around, “He’s somebody else’s problem now.” Iguodala was surprisingly harsh on his ex-teammate who actually helped the Sixers break out of the bottom tier of Eastern Conference playoff teams. However, Iggy would beg to differ on the perception that Carter helped transform his side into an elite one.

“Carter so happened to walk onto this team when we were starting to gel,” Iggy contests, “We had a great defensive scheme going and I got to give it to him because he bought into it for a few months. But after last season’s All-Star break, he started to lose focus and we started to look unsteady. This season, he quit on us and look at where we are now. Sure, we’ve lost a few guys but Vince Carter never played his best. Typical Vince Carter.”

Carter could not be reached for comment.

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born - BLOCKBUSTER THREE TEAM TRADE!!!

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:08 am

Holy shit, I totally fucking called it! :shock:
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:10 am

Lamrock wrote:Holy shit, I totally fucking called it! :shock:

Yeah. You tool! :P

I had to post it so that the 'wow' effect is still there. :lol: Thanks Lamrock.
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 am

So Tysons going to the Knicks?
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby newc on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:18 am

Houndy wrote:So Tysons going to the Knicks?

I think he stays.
newc

Postby Houndy on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:24 am

newc wrote:
Houndy wrote:So Tysons going to the Knicks?

I think he stays.

I hope not :lol:
Houndy

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:28 am

Well, Bosh had to leave. Hope Ty stays now.

Anthony was the 3rd pick in 2003, Darko was the 2nd
:wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Thief (1981), The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Mandich on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:39 am

Anthony was the 3rd pick in 2003, Darko was the 2nd :wink:

Wow Sit I thought you knew the legendary Darko was taken before Melo , an insane trade btw
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:44 am

L-Train's Words Of Wisdom wrote:

Oh My Bosh! Vinsanity Returns To T-Dot!

December 14, 2013 - Growing up, I preferred to have multiple favorite NBA teams to root for, so that I wouldn't always be bored during the playoffs. Unfortunately, those teams were the Sonics, Blazers and Toronto Craptors. Back in the day, Vince Carter was my favorite player, with his rim-rattling dunks and similarities to Michael Jordan. I thought he was going to carry Canada's only team to the promised land. Instead, he fizzled out after a 2001 playoff defeat, becoming "Half-Man, Half a season" and "Wince Carter" and by the end of 2004, he forced himself out of Toronto.

Rightfully so, the Raptors, to this day, have shown antipathy to Carter, booing him relentlessly whenever he visits the ACC. Upsetting the Raptors with his lower seeded Nets in the 2007 playoffs and beating the Raptors with game-winning reverse dunks hasn't helped. Now, the "prodigal son" (as my man Chris Hova calls him) is back in T-Dot, after being traded in a deal that sent now-former franchise player Chris Bosh to the Nets. I can't wait to see Vince's first Raptors home game in nine years!

An old forum signature I made as an angry teenager... yes, I'm a nerd...

The Nets get Bosh, which I couldn't care less about. Personally, I would have held on to Mason and Yi, but that's just me. I don't worry about aging power forwards who can't defend or pass a physical. I'd take Vince's corpse (sorry Vince!) over the RuPaul of "big" men any day. Meanwhile, Philly is giving up on the season, and rightfully so. They aren't going anywhere.

L-Train's definitive trade grades:

Milwaukee: A+ (for keeping our championship caliber core intact)
Philadelphia: B- (They wise know it's time to start rebuilding)
Toronto: B+ (I hate that they lost a pick, but they got better)
New Jersey: D (It's bad enough they have to play in New Jersey, but now they traded two solid young players for Bosh, who, with Melo makes the ultimate tandem of overrated players who don't defend)
Lamrock

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:49 am

Have you forgotten the history of the Vancouver Grizzlies. :?
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:55 am

No. I remember when they moved to Memphis, making the Raptors the only canadian NBA team
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:01 am

Bosh, Steele and Melo sound very strong. I'm guessing Ty stays. Or you work out that Z-Bo deal, you'd have to give up Lee and some others to take on his, and the others who were in that deal, salaries.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Re: A Legend Is Born - BLOCKBUSTER! + Drug Leak + L-Train

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:05 am

Thank you for your contributions Manfred and L-Train! :) love them!
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:12 pm

The Lewis Opinion

Not sure what to say about this deal. It seemed that we were more of a filler team, but let's see how we did in my opinion.

I'm glad Carter left, he really messed up the chemistry. Taunting me at practice, calling me a fail, and causing brawls with Iggy didn't help at all. Vince goes away, back to Toronto, to where he will get shot. This part of the deal, we did good. Glad General Management let him go.

We got Pietrus, Simmons, and a 1st round pick.... from the Cavs.. who are going to be contenders. Really, Pietrus isn't good, he's flat out decent. Better than me, and can add depth for Iggy. Simmons, forget him.

Overall, I thought we did decent. That is all.

-Lewis

Lewis is a no-name player form LSU, who is barely in the 76ers rotation. Everyone likes him, but Woody Hannes hates him. Likes: LeBron and Gray. Hates: Chara.
Houndy

Postby Valor on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 pm

I knew you wouldn't trade Ty (Y)

Props to the L-Train for guessing the bosh trade :chug:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Valor wrote:Props to the L-Train for guessing the bosh trade :chug:

Yes, part skill, part luck. ;)
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:51 pm

This trade must be the best thing that could happen. I may write an article today about it later. Maybe you could send me a pm with the Raptors exact record and some interesting stats of some players ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:03 pm

Nice to see my man Hov excited. :) I don't know why though... Was expecting everyone to say this was a crappy deal for torono.
Fresh8

Postby dare on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:04 pm

That was a crappy deal for toronto
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:09 pm

But Dare, they got Yi :P asian pride?
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:27 pm

It's just like Boshes ass needed to get move out of the town. His name is related to stagnation, and no one likes that. I will post the article soon, but first I need to update my own D ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame