A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born - Hype + Update

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 pm

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:And NewC is the winner of 25 points. :)

This sucks. I started writing this an hour ago but had to go help with baby and other stuff. If you're going to open it up you've got to give people a chance to finish what they're writing :(

Ah yeah. Sorry :(

I didn't know you would write a response. :lol:

But don't be too disappointed. I am awarding you 25 points as well because that is the most thorough analysis in a while from any participant. (Y)

Some Notes In Response To The X

- Mark Moore's main backup is Martel Webster who is a favorite for sixth man of the year. Moore is averaging 16 ppg, Webster is averaging 15 ppg... Moore is capable of averaging more than 20 a game but I guess he is too much of a team-first guy and doesn't complain of his role
- Jeremy Mason averages double digits over his career
- Lliach is hurt so hasn't done too much this season but he was the man carrying the Clippers since his rookie year
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Martti. on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Forgot about Lliach. :doh:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby The X on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Sit wrote:
The X wrote:
Sit wrote:And NewC is the winner of 25 points. :)

This sucks. I started writing this an hour ago but had to go help with baby and other stuff. If you're going to open it up you've got to give people a chance to finish what they're writing :(

Ah yeah. Sorry :(

I didn't know you would write a response. :lol:

But don't be too disappointed. I am awarding you 25 points as well because that is the most thorough analysis in a while from any participant. (Y)

I don't want the points. Since NewC is the winner, if you feel you have to give token points for participation then just give the points to Manfred. God knows his player needs it (I'm just playing puttin, your guy is solid, you were just the fall guy :P ).

I just wanted to do a proper summary since people were spouting out Nissley when he is maybe the 4th best NLSC player in his class at the moment. How quickly they forget he was a bench player for first couple of seasons only averaging a couple of points per game. I didn't know you had posted your winners until I tried to post mine. Ahh well, such is life.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Martti. wrote:Forgot about Lliach. :doh:

If you want to talk about the best NLSCer in that draft class whether they have been featured or not - then Kenneth Dela Cruz might be your man. The Mavs small forward does everything - sorta like Andrei Kirilenko - and is an All-Defensive player in the NBA. Always appears in the defensive player of the year awards race. :)

The X wrote:I don't want the points. Since NewC is the winner, if you feel you have to give token points for participation then just give the points to Manfred. God knows his player needs it (I'm just playing puttin, your guy is solid, you were just the fall guy :P ).

I just wanted to do a proper summary since people were spouting out Nissley when he is the 4th or 5th best NLSC player in the class. How quickly they forget he was a bench player for first couple of seasons only averaging a couple of points per game. I didn't know you had posted your winners until I tried to post mine. Ahh well, such is life.

If you say so. :lol:

His draft class (ranking NLSCers only): 1. Lliach/Dela Cruz... 3. Mason... 4. Manfred... 5. Hova

But since only Hova and Puttin are following now, I guess that's why everyone else has been forgotten since I'm not going to post the stats of the others. You sorta get sick of posting stats of 20 different players. Takes way too long to update. :)

EDIT: Also X, any comment on the Mavs trade? Not sure if you are a fan of Hedo. haha
Fresh8

Postby The X on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:54 pm

For some reason I thought Louise Nixon was a NLSC-er :lol: Anyways, swapped him out & put in the forgotten Dela Cruz. Didn't realise he was an All-Star :o

Your question was asking for the best NLSC-er in each draft class. I didn't realise you were only wanting discussion on the best active NLSC-ers, as I could've saved some research time & not bothered putting together a proper analysis together. I'll fall into line with others next time and try to keep it more concise :P

EDIT: Anyways, I'd like to put the 25 points to good use. No son of God should not be hardy. All available points should increase Manfred's Hardiness rating. He shall remain injury free, and so shall it be done.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Chapter 27

David Stern sat opposite Will Sit and Vince Thompson.
“The league takes drug violations very seriously,” Stern stated the obvious, “Criminal behaviour also warrants expulsion from this league. Will, I am sure that you would understand all of this.”
Sit nodded.
Stern looked at Vince, “Agent Thompson, I believe that the player involved deserves to be treated fairly so I will launch an internal investigation into the matter.”
Vince nodded.
Stern continued, “However, please let your superiors know that the NBA is happy to pay a bond to keep him out of prison. We do not want any unwanted media attention in the interim.”
Vince argued, “That’s not our jurisdiction.”
Stern laughed, “I know. I will contact the appropriate people accordingly. Once I have a review into this matter completed, I will deal with it in due course.”
Stern switched his focus to Sit, “I know that you, for one, will appreciate procedural fairness.”
Sit remained silent.
“Once this gets out, the league is going to suffer a lot of backlash. I think it would be best that we make sure all the facts are right and corroborated,” Stern explained, “For the time being, I trust that the feds will not leak any facts to the media.”
Vince asked him, “Is this some sort of cover up or something? I’m sure the public would want to know who this player is!”
“For that confidential information to be released, it not only damages my league’s reputation as well as this player’s welfare and chances of a fair trial,” Stern answered, “Thank you gentlemen for this meeting. I am sure we will be seeing each other again soon.”
Sit and Thompson left Stern’s office in a hurry. The Commissioner was, understandably, not in the best of moods. Stern watched the pair leave and then called an old friend of his from Law School. As he waited for him to pick up, Stern thought to himself I’m too goddamn old for this shit.
“Hey,” Stern said to his friend, “I need you to get onto someone in Seattle so that we can get one of my players out of trouble.”

Sit was enjoying his beer when Nets General Manager Billy King arrived.
“Will Sit?”
Sit got up and shook King’s hand, “Billy. How are you doing?”
They sat down and King ordered a drink.
“It’s nice to meet you in person,” Sit stated.
“You too,” King replied, “What brings you into New York?”
“Business as usual,” Sit was vague.
“Ok then,” King said, “Let’s get down to business. Have you thought about my offer?”
Sit pulled out the printed email, “Yi, Mason and Simmons? That’s not a bad offer but I’m sure you’d part with more.”
King laughed, “You’re getting three for one. These guys would keep you as contenders. Kevin Durant will have two great shooters to spread the floor for him.”
“But Yi doesn’t play defence,” Sit laughed, “And he doesn’t box out.”
“What if I threw in Rudy?”
“Fernandez?”
This piqued Sit’s interest.
King nodded, “You are a fan aren’t you?”
“Are you telling me you are offering me Yi, Mason, Simmons and Rudy as well?”
King nodded again, “As long as you throw in someone to match salaries. We want Tyson a lot. We’re willing to go ahead with this.”
This was by far the most generous offer Sit had heard in all the negotiations he had been through. Sit finished his beer and out the empty glass back on the table. He wiped his top lip with the back of his palm.
“Wow,” Sit was a little flabbergasted, “That’s quite an offer.”
King looked at his watch, “Sleep on it Sit. I need to go now but you know that we are keen.”

George Karl had the team together in the Stealth’s meeting room at the training facility. He looked up and down the table at his players’ faces. The inconsistency during the season was not acceptable for him and he knew that everyone was waiting for him to tell them. However, he wasn’t going to tell them what they were doing wrong or that they were not playing well enough.
“You all know that you aren’t playing any good,” he said, “I’m going to be frank. You’re all playing like crap.”
No one said anything. No one said a word. Karl looked around and couldn’t see where Adam Morrison was.
“Where’s Adam?” he asked.
Everyone looked to their left and right.
“I guess he’s not here,” Kidd spoke up.
Karl pushed on, “I know that there are a lot of things going on right now but we just need to stick together and stay committed to this franchise. We have a special team here. It’s about time we play like one. That’s all I’m going to say today so let’s go out there and practice like a team that actually gives a damn about winning.”
The players got up and, one by one, shuffled out of the room.
Karl called out, “Kevin, I need to have a word with you.”
Durant stopped at the door and turned around.
“Yes Coach?”
Karl pat him on the shoulder, “You ok son? You haven’t been yourself lately?”
Durant complained, “Haven’t you felt that Tyson is playing selfishly? He ain’t passing me the rock coach. This isn’t right.”
Karl said to him, “I will have a word with him.”
Durant smiled, “Good.”

Sit had a few hours before the flight out of New York. He had just finished another beer and quickly glanced at his phone for the time. Isaiah Thomas was late but what else could Sit expect. His secretary had foolishly scheduled this meeting for him when he had no interest whatsoever in talking to the Knicks. Thomas bounced through the restaurant door and spotted Sit. He was panting as he took his seat.
“Will,” Thomas sounded like he was about to pass out, “Thanks for waiting.”
Sit raised wasn’t too impressed, “I’ve got to get to the airport and you’ve made me wait for nearly half an hour.”
Thomas grinned, “Trust me, it will be worth the wait. I’ve got a third team ready to help us out.”
“A third team?” Sit quizzed him.
“Yes,” Thomas replied, “A third team. A Tyson trade should be a lot more enticing.”
“Hit me,” Sit stated.
“How does Lamar Odom, Ron Artest and Zach Randolph sound?”
“We’re doing a deal with the Nuggets?”
“Yes!”
“How are we going to match the salaries?” Sit was baffled.
Thomas was equally confused, “I never thought about that.”

After a win against the Bulls, Ty was pulled aside by Coach Karl.
“Reshawn,” Karl said to him, “You’ve got to share the basketball.”
Ty couldn’t believe his ears, “What?”
“Kevin is the leader of this team,” Karl reasoned with him, “I know that you might not agree with him all the time but that should not translate onto the court. To be a great player you have to share.”
Ty frowned and protested, “Hold up Coach! I think you got something wrong here.”
Karl exclaimed, “Sorry son but sometimes this is how things go. We need Kevin involved to win games. He commands the defensive attention and we need to allow him to have the ball in his hands. This is how we stay dangerous.”
Ty threw his arms in the air, “Unbelievable!”
Karl pleaded with his young player, “I believe that you will do the right thing for us.”
Ty withheld the anger within, “I can’t wait to get off this team. This is unfair!”
Karl wanted to give him time to chill, “Don’t take it personally. You might not even be here tomorrow so it’s only fair to your teammates and Kevin that you do the right thing.”
Karl left Ty wondering what was happening. Ty was thinking to himself, We just won our fifth game in a row! And it was because of me! Why the hell am I supposed to defer to a wanker like Durant?! Karl entered into one of the rooms further down the corridor where he would be interviewed by a few beat writers. Suddenly, his phone rang. Karl looked at the caller ID and looked around to make sure no one was listening in on him. It was Sit.
“George.”
Karl was trying to keep his voice down, “Yes?”
“A heads up,” Sit replied, “I’ve had someone tell me that the Nets are ready to make a big deal. I think it’s just about done.”
Karl knew that something might have been coming up, “That’s great news.”
“Yes!” Sit was excited, “I’m just waiting for King to call me. I will keep you updated.”
Last edited by Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 pm

The X wrote:Anyways, I'd like to put the 25 points to good use. No son of God should not be hardy. All available points should increase Manfred's Hardiness rating. He shall remain injury free, and so shall it be done.

Noted.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born - Chapter 27

Postby Martti. on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Rudy was the reason you pulled the trigger? Oh god no.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Re: A Legend Is Born - Chapter 27: Anticipation

Postby George7 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Do the trade with Knicks and Nuggets!!!I don't know how you can match the salaries,but it would be better than the Nets' trade!And you can involve me to the trade as well :cheeky: I can cover Ty's spot! :mrgreen:
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:14 pm

The X wrote:Your question was asking for the best NLSC-er in each draft class. I didn't realise you were only wanting discussion on the best active NLSC-ers, as I could've saved some research time & not bothered putting together a proper analysis together. I'll fall into line with others next time and try to keep it more concise :P

I do appreciate the time you put into your analysis. That's why I was willing to award you points, whether you wanted them or not.

As for the time issues, I am trying to get this story going faster and that is why sometimes I only put in an 8-10 hour turnaround. I know that it is unfair to those who aren't going to see the competitions. Obviously, what happened to you was not a good scenario. I apologize for that.

Martti. wrote:Rudy was the reason you pulled the trigger? Oh god no.

What's wrong with Rudy? He was a near-championship winner with the Cavs last season! :)

George wrote:Do the trade with Knicks and Nuggets!!!I don't know how you can match the salaries,but it would be better than the Nets' trade!And you can involve me to the trade as well :cheeky: I can cover Ty's spot!

You can rot on the IR :P
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 pm

I just can't stand him. The way he requested trade this season IRL, complaining about playing time. Plus, he's a Spaniard, I hate all of them. :mrgreen:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby George7 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Sit, Nah!I just need to be given a chance! :mrgreen:
My talents can't be hold for too long!
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Martti. wrote:I just can't stand him. The way he requested trade this season IRL, complaining about playing time. Plus, he's a Spaniard, I hate all of them. :mrgreen:

Now I know why you hate Ricky. :)

George7 wrote:Sit, Nah!I just need to be given a chance! :mrgreen:
My talents can't be hold for too long!

You do realize you got to battle AI for the starting spot? While in New York... there's really no one there. Well - there is Nick Young.
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:29 pm

lol @ Isaiah. I love Rudy, pull the trigger!!!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby The X on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Sit wrote:I do appreciate the time you put into your analysis. That's why I was willing to award you points, whether you wanted them or not.

It's passed and a moot point now. newc was the winner so he gets the spoils for the win. I missed the boat on the competition as I was too late so it's fair that I miss out. I am sure there are others who missed out because they read your post too late. Good to know about your normal time limit for future reference.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:05 am

Wow, things are shaping up. I hope that you can turn things around with a deal, because there is no room for regression in Seattle. sad to see Ty going and not KD, but that's how it is ..
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Houndy on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:30 am

Nice trade, with this, the Nets become even better
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:15 am

The X wrote:For some reason I thought Louise Nixon was a NLSC-er :lol: Anyways, swapped him out & put in the forgotten Dela Cruz. Didn't realise he was an All-Star :o

Your question was asking for the best NLSC-er in each draft class. I didn't realise you were only wanting discussion on the best active NLSC-ers, as I could've saved some research time & not bothered putting together a proper analysis together. I'll fall into line with others next time and try to keep it more concise :P

EDIT: Anyways, I'd like to put the 25 points to good use. No son of God should not be hardy. All available points should increase Manfred's Hardiness rating. He shall remain injury free, and so shall it be done.

Thank you very much! :cool:
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:30 am

So, if Ty goes to New Jersey, you're staying with the Stealth? I'd love a Nets spinoff with Ty there. :cheeky:

And for one, you'd get acceptable jerseys
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:54 am

Stealth, Nets, close to deal; Knicks not out of it

According to many sources, the Seattle Stealth and the New Jersey Nets are nearing a deal that would send Reshawn Tyson to the Nets.

This deal has been expected, as Tyson was expected to be traded after he signed a max deal with the Stealth. The situation got worse, as Tyson was confronted by coach George Karl to stop playing selfish. That was the last straw for Tyson, as he was seen yelling some profanities at Karl.

Tyson and star Kevin Durant have never really played well together. Many altercations were reported between the two, and only one could stay.

The possible Big 3 of Tyson, Carmelo Anthony, and Barney Steele seems real now. People in New Jersey already bought some customized Tyson jerseys from NBA.com. However, their celebration seems premature, as a three way deal between the Stealth, New York, and Denver is still not out of the picture.

The Knicks and Nuggets are offering Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, and Zach Randolph. They need to find a way to match salaries though.

"If they can match the salaries, Seattle will have two offers to look at," said a source close to the situation. "The offers are almost identical talent wise."

According to ESPN's Woody Hannes, the Nets are offering Rudy Fernandez, Yi Jianlian, Bobby Simmons, and Jeremy Mason. The Stealth would need to match salaries, but would accept.

Tyson's first choice would be New York, but would be open to join a better situation in New Jersey, according to his agent.

"Reshawn wants to win. He would join any team, to win."

When asked about the trades, Anthony smiled and said, "If Reshawn comes here, expect championships for a while."
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:46 am

It's KD's team baby!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:57 am

Twitter from @Russell Westbrook
I have been hearing rumors of a major trade taking place. The rumor states that Reshawn Tyson is going to be traded. Did they forget their mistake in trading me? Kings v Nets for Championship next 5+ years. Rivalry baby!

Twitter from @Jonas Kingly ESPN insider
Stealth will rue the day of TY trade. Especially considering the news that was leaked to me by certain supposed FBI guys.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:07 am

Always love Isiah. You appear to be pretty close to a Ty trade, but I feel like this is a smokescreen. Hope so...
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:01 am

Everytime Lamrock says smokescreen, I think of Pokemon. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:10 am

To Sit - :facepalm2:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin