A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born - Trade + Comp!

Postby puttincomputers on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:58 am

Class of 2009
Must
Manfred Nissley
Kalnins
Gilmore
Last edited by puttincomputers on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Re: NLSC Stats, Trade Rumours, Injury, Trade

Postby Valor on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:04 am

Sit wrote:Guess you're not used to this since Leo Lai is usually a stud in real life. :D

fixed :cool:

Best of the classes?

Andrew "The X" Watson - Gotta support my teammate and fellow Kiwi (Y)

C Hova - more all rounded than Nissley

L Washburn - just cause he's playing with Jay Gray

Julian Martin - other guys arn't even playing so...
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:12 am

Andrew "The X" Watson is a model player. Though never an all-star, Watson had an excellent rookie season, and was a key piece to a title contender Nuggets team. Furthermore, I'm sure The X approves of how his career has gone.

Martti "Martti." Must became a star. His and Ty's careers have been among the interesting sidelines to this story and he has enjoyed the most success.

Liam "L-Train" "Peja 2.0" "Lamrock" "Three's Company" "Seattle's Best" Washburn for obvious reasons.
Lamrock

Postby Lightning Strike on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:34 am

What does Ty's contract look like? Is it possible that he can ride out the end of the year with the Nets then hop ship to the Knicks?

Still waiting on those B.Roy numbers. :P

Best of the draftees:
2009: M.Must - He gets the most minutes than A.Watson who has a higher scoring average, but Must is averaging 11 rebounds per game and has higher stats in every other category, I would rather have him on my team.

2010: M.Nissley - Doing more with the ball with less minutes, that may be because of a bigger role on the team but the numbers don't lie. That free throw percentage is a killer though.

2012: J.Kalnis - Scores less points, but 3 blocks a game is a valuable stat (lets say those 3 blocks lead to a 6 point swing, add those onto Kalnis' ppg and now he has a higher scoring average than L.Washburn).

2013: J.Martin - Nobody else is doing anything yet. :P
Orlando Magic Fantasy Association
I prefer to contribute to other user's stories than spend time on my own, sorry if updates are far between.
Lightning Strike

Postby Houndy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:13 pm

2009: Must: Listen, this kid has been through tears, teammates hating, and people calling him a bust. But currently, he is averaging a double-double, proving to the league that he wasn't a bust.

2010: Niessly: Even though I dislike him, he still does more compared to Hova. It's sort of unfair to have the two compared, with Manfred being one of the good players of his team, and Hova stuck between Bosh and Clark. Nevertheless, Hov can do beter in 30 minutes.

2012: Washburn: He has the biggest role by far on the Bucks, and has learned to play well with Jay Gray. Compare him with Albano, and he does better in the same amount of minutes.

2013: Martin: Honestly, being picked number 4, he is the one who has gotten playing time. The rest of the league's NLSC'ers are essentially
A. D-League
B. 5 minutes per game or
C. IR
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Lightning Strike wrote:What does Ty's contract look like? Is it possible that he can ride out the end of the year with the Nets then hop ship to the Knicks?

Still waiting on those B.Roy numbers. :P

B Roy numbers are up in one of the recent updates.

Ty's contract is just signed. Max deal. You got to read the articles and story for context. ;)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby dare on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:53 pm

2009| Andrew Watson - Even though Martti Must have better numbers I think Watson is the best on this class. Why? Because he is a winner, he plays for a contender Nuggets and now trying to make the Mavericks a champion.

2010| Nissley - Well did not really know what this guys brings but he got better numbers than Hova, plus I think he is the leader of the Wolves.

2012| Washburn - One of the factor for the Bucks deep playoff run last year. Also he got robbed as the ROY last year.

2013| Martin - I'm the only one out there really, plus I did help my team get the 5 straight wins. Hoping that this will be the year the Bobcats make the playoffs.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Can't believe everyone is going for Dare. He's killing his team with his turnovers and shooting. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby dare on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:07 pm

I think I'm going for Iverson's record, we all know the Bobcats sucks at offense so I need to throw more shots. more attempts = more chance the ball will go in = scores.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby |)e8* on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:38 pm

2009- Must
2010- Nissley
2012- L Train
2013- Meh :lol:
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Re: A Legend Is Born - Hype

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Yo Lamrock, I'ma let y'all finish but uh... Sit is the best at hype of all time. Of all time!

Alright guys, got an update coming tonight. Hype this shit up!
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Martti Must and Andrew Watson are the only ones that can be considered 'good' NLSCers.
Choosing amongst the rest is basically picking the least of the worst.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby newc on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Class of 2009
Martti Must - MVP candidate, averaging a double-double, but most improtant - leader of his team, which is a winning team, while Watson and Moore are second options behind Nowitzki and Chris Paul.

Class of 2010
Manfred Nissley - Chris Hova has more assists, but he has been ineficient scoring wise, averaging only 9 ppg, which is too low for the most talented guard in the team. Nissley in the meantime puts a nice 17 and 5, while playing alongside all-star Kevin Martin in the backcourt.

Class of 2012
Janis Kalnins - looses to Washburn only in points per game, while in other categories he is ahead. Not to mention, that he won Rookie of the Year award last year, despite the fact, that Al Jefferson was eating up most of his minutes at the center till February.

Class of 2013
I'll go with Dee Gilmore here, 5 points in 5 minutes is a good scoring spark from the bench, which would be useful for every team.
newc

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Karl: Stay Focused

DECEMBER 9, SEATTLE – Seattle Stealth Head Coach George Karl called a team meeting to get his young players to settle down amidst all of the criticism from media and fans as well as the circus surrounding Reshawn Tyson trade rumors. Karl told reporters that he addressed the issues with his team because it was ‘time to get back down to Earth and focus on delivering results.’

“I told my guys that we need to stick together and be committed to the franchise,” Karl said, “We’ve got a lot of work to do if we are to be competitive.” When questioned about Tyson and a deal that could see him end up with the Knicks or Nets, Karl replied, “Losing Reshawn would be tough but we could handle it. Right now, he’s just got to stay focused and play team basketball.”

Karl was also asked about Kevin Durant’s season so far. Karl stated that Durant wasn’t playing particularly well but he was not to be blamed for it, “We’ve got a few guys who are playing for themselves and not the team. Kevin isn’t getting the same looks as he used to because of his teammates as well as other team’s defending him like they do.”

“In due course, Kevin should be back to normal,” Karl added.

Read More…

Stealth Win Streak Up To Five

Image Image

DECEMBER 12, CHICAGO – The Seattle Stealth earned their fifth win in a row with a 99-86 win against the Bulls in Chicago. Stephen Jackson scored 22 points and Derrick Rose added 21 points, 10 assists, 6 rebounds but also had 5 turnovers.

Reshawn Tyson led Seattle with 25 points while Kevin Durant struggled again but still reached 19. Allen Iverson continued his strong play of late with 18 from off the bench. Head Coach George Karl happened to be pleased with his team’s recent hot streak, “At the end of November, the team was not going to well and I sat my players down to have a chat. They agreed to give it their all and block out all the distractions. I’m pleased that I went to that length to get them to talk it over and now we are playing great basketball.”

After this fifth straight win in Chicago, the Stealth lie at 14-9 and are 1.5 games behind 16-8 Portland for the lead in the Northwest Division.

Read More…

Stealth’s Iverson Back In Stride

DECEMBER 13, SEATTLE – NBA veteran Allen Iverson has been playing well since Coach George Karl agreed to give him more minutes. In his past three games, he has scored 21, 23 and 18 points whilst playing 33, 34, 30 minutes in each respective match.

All three games have been wins and Iverson has been shot at least .500 in each. Subsequently, his scoring average has risen to 11 points; a welcome sight for Coach Karl after Iverson was averaging around 7 points a game just three weeks ago. “Allen has definitely shaken off the rust and recovered from injury,” Karl said, “I’ve coached him for so long that we have a good understanding of each other and I can tell you now that he still has a lot of basketball left in him.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born - Hype + Update

Postby Kubik on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Five games in a row! Keep it up!
Kubik

Postby Lightning Strike on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:27 pm

Sit wrote:B Roy numbers are up in one of the recent updates.

Ty's contract is just signed. Max deal. You got to read the articles and story for context. ;)

Lightning Strike wrote:Oh boy Brandon Roy, those are good solid numbers on the board but .287 from 3 and .697 at the line?! It's early in the season so hopefully those percentages stabilize out, but I would like to see his current 3PA and FTA numbers.

Sorry, I meant his 3PA and FTA numbers.

I must have missed the part where it said he was signed for a max contract, thanks for clearing it up though. :)
I prefer to contribute to other user's stories than spend time on my own, sorry if updates are far between.
Lightning Strike

Postby newc on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:29 pm

What is up with KD? :|
newc

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 pm

newc wrote:What is up with KD? :|

“We’ve got a few guys who are playing for themselves and not the team. Kevin isn’t getting the same looks as he used to because of his teammates as well as other team’s defending him like they do.”
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Class of 2009 - Martti Must. All-Star, All-NBA, All-Defense, leading the league in PER.

Class of 2010 - Manfred Nissley - A very efficient scorer it seems.

Class of 2011 - Janis Kalnins - ROY, great shot blocker and rebounder.

Class of 2012 - Julian Martin - Despite the inefficiency, does actually score on a night-to-night basis.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lightning Strike on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Read the new updates, Karl saying that Iverson "still has a lot of basketball left inside of him", damn. The Seattle Stealth trainers must hold the secret to Steve Nash's conditioning.

Congratulations on the win streak, hope you can keep it going. (Y)
Lightning Strike

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Ok, with the question here is what I would have accepted.

2009 - Martti Must because he is a legit MVP candidate. He is single handily keeping the Suns above .500. Andrew was also acceptable as he is a efficient scorer however, Must has to be regarded as the number 1 choice as he does everything. Not to mention, he is one of the top rebounders and the league leading shot blocker.

2010 - Manfred - he is starting at PG for the Wolves and putting up some pretty good stats. From last checking, Wolves have a pretty good SF-SG-PG tandem. Deng is averaging close to 20 ppg, Martin is averaging about 21 ppg I think and Manfred is averaging about 17 ppg. I was expecting a breakout season from Hova but he is doing terribly...

2011 - Kalnins or Washburn. Washburn is the better player and on a winning team. Kalnins is also solid averaging a double double. Too close to call.

2012 - Dee Gilmore - This is the tiebreaker as most of you picked the guys above. Dee is on a winning team and surprisingly playing a part in it with his outstanding accuracy from the field and behind the arc. Julian has been a blackhole, not seen since Lamrock graced the floor in his rookie season. 1 assist per 1.9 turnovers is woeful.

And NewC is the winner of 25 points. :)
Fresh8

Postby Lightning Strike on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:26 pm

I chose the volume scorer instead of someone who actually plays an efficient role, can't believe I left my post unedited when I noticed that.
Lightning Strike

Postby newc on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:30 pm

hell yeah :headbang:
newc

Postby The X on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:31 pm

To break it down:

This isn't even a question. Martti Must is the best NLSC-er, no doubt about it. If it was who has had the best career or who is more likeable then you may get different answers, but let me just say, the package of skills that Must brings to the court at his height are once in a generation. The same can't be said for Watson or Moore. He may not have had the sort of team success and has had his fair share of emotional outburst, but the kid is young, maturing and still improving. I foresee him settling his beef with his Suns' teammates and starting to return to his best in the second half of this season and going from strength to strength. Must has Hall of Fame potential, he just has to keep his head in the game.

If the question was best player first two seasons, then yeah, I'd say Watson. Best player first three seasons and it's pretty neck and neck between Must & Watson, but I'd give nod to Watson marginally. But picking Watson as best player of class is a clearly sentimental pick, much like one would be picking Grant Hill to an All-Star for Suns in a comeback year.

It's a shame Mark Moore doesn't get his due credit. Kid can ball. He is the second best NLSC talent but for some reason he has fallen into Charlotte's web (Bobcats-Hornets) of bad luck. Why the heck are Hornets only playing him 26 minutes per game? Play him an extra 10 minutes per game and he's an All-Star.

Final word on Must, he beat the great Jay Gray for All-NBA 1st team honours. Enough said.

X's 2009 Rankings: 1. M.Must, 2. M.Moore, 3. A.Watson

Sorry Manfred, you're playing on a shitty T-wolves team, so your stats are already padded. Furthermore you are shooting free throws worse than Andrew Bogut (is that possible?). That alone means I can't rate you best in class. I probably won't put you in top 3 either since your first few years were shite :P

Top PG has to be Clippers' starting PG Ray Lliach. He's probably not noticed much anymore because a promising Clippers went south fast. Shame he can't get to a better team (N)

Dela Cruz is in second, a do-everything player that made the All-Star team.

As for the third and final pick, Chris Hova gets edged out by former number 1 pick (ahead of Jay Gray :cool: ) Jeremy Mason. I don't really know what Mason is doing in New Jersey stats wise, but I'm sure his first few years have been better than Hova's.

X's 2010 Rankings: 1. R.Lliach, 2. K.Dela Cruz, 3. J.Mason

The voters for rookie of the year made a mistake. Nothing against Kalnins, but Washburn was the best rookie in the league last season. He even improved on his play in the playoffs and helped the Bucks advance. That can not be understated. He's a well-rounded forward, but I'm not so sure of his upside and am thinking, what you see now is what you are going to get, give or take a few points per game.

Janis Kalnins is a very close second and will probably surpass Washburn as best rookie in class in a year or two. Kalnins has even made the game a lot easier for Nissley as he had defended the rim well and let Manfred gamble on defense on the perimeter.

There's a bit of a drop-off to third, which I'd give to Albano Spagnoletti. He's got some raw talent, but his shot selection has something to be desired. Am interested to see if he is a career Larry Hughes or whether his shooting numbers will increase with time.

Sorry Leo, you are just too far down the pecking order and haven't yet had a chance to shine. Your time will come (Y)

X's 2012 Rankings: 1. L.Washburn, 2. J.Kalnins, 3. A.Spagnoletti

I will withhold my votes since it's too early to tell. Ask again next season.

X's 2013 Rankings: Votes withheld
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Sit wrote:And NewC is the winner of 25 points. :)

This sucks. I started writing this an hour ago but had to go help with baby and other stuff. If you're going to open it up you've got to give people a chance to finish what they're writing :(
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame