A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Top Shooting Guards + Logo Vote

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:11 pm

There will be a template/form for you to fill in. You will prob find it in ALIB II... just give me main details... Will try my best to work your story in :)

Also, you gonna read it all in one sitting? I think the only one who has done it is Dare. Mad props to him (Y)

As for Melo's whereabouts, will let you discover all the moves as you read. More enjoyable that way too man.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Pistol on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Alright sounds good. I am going to get some sleep right now, I'm mad tired from the beach today. I got a nice long free day tomorrow with nothing but time on my hands. I will turn on the NFL playoff games on the TV and start from ALIB II and try to read all the way through so I can catch up with everyone else. Looking forward to the story.
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Agent420 wrote:Alright sounds good. I am going to get some sleep right now, I'm mad tired from the beach today. I got a nice long free day tomorrow with nothing but time on my hands. I will turn on the NFL playoff games on the TV and start from ALIB II and try to read all the way through so I can catch up with everyone else. Looking forward to the story.

Don't expect too much man. It's not that good. :lol: It's overrated.

Enjoy your sleep!

And welcome back to the Association family :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:28 pm

MILESTONE POST - 3500 REPLIES, 30000 VIEWS

Wow, I didn't even realize that we made it to 3500 replies!

Thank you everybody for your continued support. This is a huge milestone! I want to put it all into perspective...

A while back, I passed the milestone set by ALIB II. I think that association had the most replies in any Dynasty/Association Thread on the NLSC. So it was pretty special. However, L-Train suggested that I not write up a milestone because I had done quite a few around that time. So I waited out till now when I got to 3500. Well - this one is even sweeter because it coincides with me bumping over the 30,000 view mark too.

Shout outs to the following...

Lamrock: He is the man and by far one of my best followers as his articles for my D are just awesome. (Y)

The X: Gives me great feedback and really heading that Jay Gray bandwagon! He is probably one of my best followers because he remembers the Generics!

Thierry: Awesome as an example for me of what not to be. :P Just kidding, he always takes my lame jokes well haha

Dare: Great follower who likes the Lakers and doesn't give me shit for not liking his D. Sorry man :P

Martti: Thanks for being a great sport. You have the most talented NLSCer, you also make my favorite Dynasty Story!

Hova: Missing In Action but definitely one of my favorite posters on these forums. This guy always gets so involved with my story. Love it! And wrote a great piece on Jay Gray as well.

Valor: He probably hates me for Leo Lai being stuck on the Mavs bench but he is a good kid whom I enjoy talking to off-forum.

Hondo: Enthusiastic follower who keeps this association going. Thanks man!

Chriso0: Dunno where he's gone but he has been there from day 1 of ALIB II I think. This guy is great and although he hasn't been around, I hope he's still reading.

Manfred: Love your contributions in here. Always a joy to read your posts.

Shadowgrin: I don't think we ever really talked to eachother on the forums and in fact, when he posted in ALIB II at the start, I was thinking 'what the hell'. But now I can say that the Grinch is a lot of fun (altho Hondo wouldn't agree). I'm glad to have you following man!

De8: How could I have forgotten about De8! He is another very loyal follower!

There's been lots of others who have come and gone (kaiser_kobe, Dee, Lightning Strike, Skillz), guys who pop in every once in a while (like George7, newc, Cartar, Justine, mandich).. I count all of you as followers! And hopefully new guys like Kubik and Agent420 become followers too.

Thank you for all the support guys and please keep reading as this season could be huge for Seattle basketball!
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Fresh8

Postby dare on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:34 pm

First one congrats on the 3500
dare
True kings have rings

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Top SGs + Logo + Milestone Post!

Postby |)e8* on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:52 pm

congratz dude
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Mandich on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Congrats for 3500 ,
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby The X on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Better top 10 SG list (Y) . I never expected my guy to make top 10 as I know it's one of deepest positions in the league. Top 15 is pretty good though IMHO :P The only person that I'm disappointed about in the list is OJ Mayo at number 10. Surely you can't put that chump ahead of me :P

Let's keep this one rolling (Y) I admittedly tune off a bit at times during regular season, but playoffs always reel me back in. I'm trying to keep a little bit more up-to-date as it's easy to fall behind with all the comments & subplots that go on. I think AILB III is actually turning into more of a collaborative effort than AILB II, that's probably why I enjoy it a little more (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Yep, I forgot all about Mark Moore. I was going to put him at 10 and must have overlooked it and put in Mayo because I think he is going to have a breakout season. And don't thank me, thank Willard.

Also, ALIB III is great collaboratively. I owe it all to everyone. I think it is a testament to how much you guys enjoy this just because you guys write articles for me. I don't think it's something that's been done to this extent before. I got the idea from Andrew Begley writing a piece for me in my 2005 Lakers and decided to give it a go here. Also came up with the idea of everyone controlling the fates of their characters. I think those two moves were the best things to ever happen to this story.

I want to keep this rolling and for now, 2K11 can sit on the shelf and I only play it on and off.

A bit sad but I really am enjoying ALIB III. (Y)

I was thinking for administrative purposes, closing this thread if it reaches 100 pages and starting a new thread to continue - if I am continuing it. Don't know as it's so far off. :P
Fresh8

Postby The X on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Re Mr Moore, before you even put list up I was expecting him to go number 10 & my guy just missing out.

I think close off thread after end of playoffs like you did in ALIB II, that's an appropriate tie-off point. Although at this rate that could be a long way from now. If you hadn't started season, I'd say do it now. I could merge some of current season stuff to new thread, although could be a shit of a job :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Re Moore: I was going to put him at 10 but obviously had a writer's block or something. I knew I was missing something! Sorry Mr Moore. I do admit he deserves to be at 10 more than OJ!

As for closing off the thread, we will see how this season goes. :)
Fresh8

Postby George7 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Congrats Sit for the 3500 replies!Man,that's a lot of posts and lot of pages too :shock: :applaud:
I wish my Bulls could go half far as your has gone so far!
George7

Postby Martti. on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:58 pm

:chug:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby newc on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:14 am

This is truly a legend in the association section. Congrats (Y)
newc

Postby puttincomputers on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:22 am

:applaud:
congrats! it has fun to read every one of these posts. even the hateful posts by certain individuals towards me. :lol:
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Houndy on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:28 am

Congrats man, I loved reading your articles and your Chapters. It's amazing. Someone should show this off at OS, because no association there would even be close to this one. Go Stealth!
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:53 am

I expect 'ALIB IV - Jao Wu Unleashed' to follow ALIB III.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Martti. on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:18 am

Jao Wu IS the legend that is born.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Axel The Great on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:48 am

Congrats on the milestone Sit! These past few weeks I've just been checking in but not commenting, and I understand why this is the Story of the Year. You've got some :bowdown: worthy writing skills! Congrats again. (B)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:21 am

As Agent420 said, nice to see Arenas on the Top 10 list.

Congrats on the 3500, bro. :beer: Thanks for the shoutout
:lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:00 am

Congrats on yet another milestone and thanks for the shoutout. Combined with ALIB 2, you have nearly 7000 replies!

SG list looks okay, but it's stupid that the Defeat have two of the #1 players at their positions, yet can't make it out of the second round.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:36 am

The Defeat lost a big chunk of their bench last season. Their second strength was their strong bench. They're doing ok this season though.

And what is the OS chise section like? I'm not going over but whooever posts there from here could be so kind to post a link of my 2 stories? ;)
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:41 am

Their section leaves something to be desired. NLSC definitely rules this niche hobby.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:50 am

I remember at the end of ALIB II someone tried to recruit me there :lol:

So is it super professional there or something?
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:57 am

There are few monster threads like this one, and they are pretty outdated. None of the innovation's we've made in the last five or so years with off-court stories, graphics, follower interaction and such are present, and most stories resemble my mediocre old Warriors 2K7 association.

What I don't like is that rather than forum threads, they are presented as blogs. Personally, I like them to go from start to finish, like a story.
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame