A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable Association and My Player stories.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - TOP TEN NBA TEAMS YO

Postby Brawn Shadley on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:23 pm

And considering the Stealth aren't really into playing D, The Kings are going to murder them if they ever meet in the postseason again.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Kenny on Create A Legend mode wrote:I was fumbling around with the controls and making a lot of mistakes. If you’re about realism in NBA games, but you lack the experience in this type of game mode, I’d suggest starting with a player like Kwame; it really does feel like an authentic experience straight off the bat.
Brawn Shadley
NLSC's Jefferson Davis/The Questioneer

Postby Houndy on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:08 pm

The Kings man, hell of a team that [insert GM name here] has made.
Houndy
I guess I'm back?

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Lucky #7 for the Bucks. Not like they'll need it, considering they have the two best players in the NBA.
Lamrock
I can change this now.

Postby |)e8* on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Lol @ Lamrock. Damn the Kings look tough
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Justine. on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 pm

The Kings will repeat imo. The squad is deadly.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Sit on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Now It's Your Chance!

NLSCers, now that I have posted the season previews, it's your turn to submit some articles in anticipation of the start of the season. The best articles will get points. I want to see predictions for the season or a different spin on things that have not been covered. Keep it within the realm of realism and you will be rewarded. People who write about their virtual selves will be penalized. Let's keep things a little interesting. :)

Judges of quality of your articles will be SHADOW and THIERRY. You will get scores out of 5 from those 2 and me. (see below). Peer review is often the best review.
Last edited by Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sit
Fresh

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Calling for Submissions

Postby puttincomputers on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:17 am

ESPN KiDS Magazine
Lebron James, JR.

I was asked to give my predictions for the New Season.
Here they are.

30 Cavs
29 Cats
28 Wizards
27 Pistons
26 Knicks
25 Rockets
24 Celtics
23 Pacers
22 Nuggets
21 Bulls
20 Spurs
19 76ers
18 Heat
17 Grizzlies
16 Blazers
15 Hawks
14 Suns
13 Lakers
12 Raptors
11 Jazz
10 Clippes
9 Wariors
8 Nets
7 TWolves
6 Bucks
5 Magic
4 Mavs
3 Kings
2 Stealth
1 Hornets

You may be asking why I want my dad's team to be so bad. You might wonder if I have inside information. Well I do have inside information. By now you are gasping and saying the Cavs are crazy to trade my dad away. Well don't fear. The only inside info I have is that his son, me, misses him since he is rarely home. Mom is getting fed up as well. He rarely comes even when its a home game. We keep warning him that all that partying will catch up to him someday. btw dad if you read this, Lambros has been hanging round our place while you and the rest of the team are partying.

For the rest of predictions.
East Conf champs, Magic (over Nets)
West Conf champs, Stealth (over Hornets)

Finals champ, Stealth
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Brawn Shadley on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:40 am

There should be a penalty for badly written articles. Like the one above this post.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Kenny on Create A Legend mode wrote:I was fumbling around with the controls and making a lot of mistakes. If you’re about realism in NBA games, but you lack the experience in this type of game mode, I’d suggest starting with a player like Kwame; it really does feel like an authentic experience straight off the bat.
Brawn Shadley

Postby Martti. on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:41 am

Do you still want me to write the article about my season opener?
Martti.
DPOY

Postby #thierry on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:58 am

ESPN KiDS Magazine
Lebron James, JR.

Seriously? :lol:
“The Takeover”, my weekly radioshow. Image
#thierry

Postby Brawn Shadley on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:09 am

I'm not speaking on Sit's behalf but you guys should at least give a little bit of effort in writing your articles.

That retarded article above merely lists his power ranking without giving a reason why and simply added some retarded bs about family that doesn't even relate to the story (this association) and topped it off with a prediction retardation.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby puttincomputers on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:21 am

Thierry • wrote:
ESPN KiDS Magazine
Lebron James, JR.

Seriously? :lol:

lets see here. ESPN could put out a kids magazine by 2013

Lebron James Jr would actually turn 9 on October 9th, 2013

Said possible Magazine could ask NBA Star's kids to give their input.

Sit wrote:Now It's Your Chance!

NLSCers, now that I have posted the season previews, it's your turn to submit some articles in anticipation of the start of the season. The best articles will get points. I want to see predictions for the season or a different spin on things that have not been covered. Keep it within the realm of realism and you will be rewarded. People who write about their virtual selves will be penalized. Let's keep things a little interesting. :)

its a spin on something that was never covered and could be in the realm of possibility.

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
puttincomputers

Postby #thierry on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:24 am

puttincomputers wrote:lets see here. ESPN could put out a kids magazine by 2013

Yeah I know, but I really don't see ESPN with a kids magazine and even less, a 9 year old putting power rankings out there like John Hollinger :lol:
“The Takeover”, my weekly radioshow. Image
#thierry

Postby Brawn Shadley on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:29 am

puttincomputers wrote:lets see here. ESPN could put out a kids magazine by 2013

its a spin on something that was never covered and could be in the realm of possibility.

You didn't exactly cover anything new. You merely did a power ranking in the shitty guise of it being from a 'new' magazine.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:54 am

Shadowgrinch and Thierry will be judges of the articles. A Grand Prize of 100 points up for grabs. It is also up to their discretion to suggest other rewards/penalties (yes, penalties) to me to dish out to you. If no one submits anything worthy of the top prize then the 100 points shall not be claimed.

Judges, please give a score out of 5 for each article upon it's posting.

And Martti, I've already done an article for you about your season opener. Will be posted soon.

As for the first submission by Manfred, I award 1/5.
Sit
Fresh

Postby Martti. on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:57 am

Sit, okay. :)
Martti.
DPOY

Postby Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:07 am

Thanks Martti. If you write something, maybe you can give us a look into Charles' lifestyle and his chances as an NBA gm? I've already given you a little start in the stories with his krispy kreme eating. :)
Sit
Fresh

Postby Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:21 pm

Justine, I appologise to you for some poor reporting. Your player was never drafted by the Cavs. He was in fact the 22nd pick for the Clippers. Sorry man. He is still alive. :) You will be playing for the Cavs though. We will make it that the Cavs traded for you on draft night for a future first rounder.
Sit
Fresh

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Calling for Submissions/Apology

Postby Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Crewhead Death Confirmed As An Internet Hoax

OCTOBER 30, CLEVELAND – Cleveland Cavaliers rookie and 22nd pick Justine Crewhead is alive and well after reporting to practice this morning. Crewhead had been missing for a week and the subject of death rumors this past week. The former Kentucky player has told reporters that he was away from the team for a family emergency and could not get in contact with the organization to inform them of his whereabouts.

The swingman whom was traded from the Clippers for a first round pick on Draft Night is ready to continue preparing for the start of the NBA season.

Read More…
Sit
Fresh

Postby Eirsej on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:03 pm

If I'm a Cavs player, I'd be scared if someone I know dead, would suddenly show up for practice. :lol:
Eirsej

Postby puttincomputers on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:46 pm

ESPN
Kaltone Robertson

What a turn of events. Young nba player Justine Crewhead suddenly showed up out of the blue at practice. As you remember he is guy that was reported DOA at Justine Crewhead's house. We have now learned that not only was it not Justine Crewhead of the Cavs, but it was actually the wrong address on the Police Report that was released to the public (the internal report had the correct address). There was in fact a person was killed at 1589 James Lane, Road, Justine Crewhead's address is 1589 James Lane, Lane. This person's name incidentally was Justin Crewdine and looked very much like Justine Crewhead.

Cleveland police have apologized for the egregious error. They cite a lapse in the PR dept. for the incorrect address. However what is disconcerting is that they say that the baggie beside Justin Crewdine actually had Justine Crewheads name on it. Police are considering the possibility that this was a botched attempt on the life of Justine Crewhead.

Here are my thoughts on the case. Could Crewhead have been told by the FBI to leave town without notice after the botched attempt? Could the error by the Police PR Dept been deliberate to give the real killers a false sense of security?

In other news Lebron James refuted the stories abut him that his son put into the ESPN KiDS magazine. Here is part of what James had to say.
"I don't know what got into my son. All I know is that he knows now what corporal punishment means."

puttincomputers

Postby dare on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Wow Justine I think is the most interesting rookie, Gender unknown and has the ability to resurrect himself :lol:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Justine. on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Beware :twisted: :lol:
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Brawn Shadley on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:47 pm

puttincomputers wrote:James had to say.
"I don't know what got into my son. All I know is that he knows now what corporal punishment means."

Too bad LeBron doesn't know what that means irl. :proud:

I'll wait for other articles before giving puttin a score.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby dare on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Team Summary

Don’t expect too much from them
These are the following teams that you might see in the bottom of the standings.

Charlotte Bobcats
-Gerald Wallace is not with the team anymore after years of disappointment, Devin Harris cannot carry this team alone and most likely the team will end up with the worst record again.

Detroit Pistons
-Brook Lopez is not showing the star caliber the team expects from him, the team is not really build to be a playoff team so Rip Hamilton might finally leave Motor City.

Denver Nuggets
-Much like the Pistons the Nuggets are on their way to rebuild, Chris Kaman is one of the most talented big men on the league but you can’t really expect a lot with his teammates unless the old T-mac will come back.

Memphis Grizzlies
-This team missed the playoffs even with the huge efforts from Martti Must last season, so what more can you expect when he is not with the team?

Houston Rockets
-Even with the talented young men I don’t expect Houston to be better, not with an injury prone franchise player shouldering all the load of his team.

It could happen
These are teams that maybe can qualify in the playoffs but by a long shot.

Chicago Bulls
-They have a good balance team; the key is if Derrick Rose plays like the franchise player he should be. Stephen Jackson is a great player and can compliment Rose but they need to add more shooters in the team.

Indiana Pacers
-Danny Granger is definitely the star of the team, but if Ricky Rubio can’t improve his offense the team can wave goodbye to their playoff dreams.

Washington Wizards
-With the recent signing of Elton Brand and Klemen Pirc the team got the talent to make the playoffs, they just need to learn how to play with each other.

San Antonio Spurs
-It looks like this team will take a long time before they become a contender again. But you can’t deny the fact that they still got Tony Parker and Tim Duncan, they will be as competitive as ever.

Philadelphia 76ers
-Losing three starters is a big deal as those players were the key with their great defense last year. Unless Wilcox and Perkins can matched Brock and Brand’s numbers.

Keep a close watch to them
These are teams that can be the surprised team this season, teams that can make a major move that will rock the league.

Boston Celtics
-Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. I doubt those three want to be a lottery team again. They have their so called Celtics pride with them and I’m sure they will make a huge move for a final run.

LA Lakers
-When you have a player named Kobe Bryant no doubt that you’re going to play hard. Ariza and Calderon are great acquisition and this might all they need to get that trophy.

Minnesota Timberwolves
-A young and talented team. With the acquisition of Kevin Martin they bring a great scorer. Luol Deng is a good veteran that can help the team through tough times. This year is the best chance for the Wolves to make the playoffs.

Toronto Raptors
-Coby Clark did struggle on the Summer League but I think he is ready to contribute on this team. Chris Bosh name is still mentioned on trade rumors but with the talent they got playoffs spot is not possible.

Phoenix Suns
-If Martti Must carries the Grizzlies then it would be fun to see what he can do with Suns. If they get to the playoffs then Must can be consider as a MVP candidate.

On the bubble
These are teams that made the playoffs last year but in danger to lose their spots or go down a little bit.

LA Clippers
-Other teams in Western Conference improve their team but the Clippers did not do much. They need to add more depth if they want to have a shot of being a playoff team.

New York Knicks
-They made it last year despite having a poor record, they still eyeing Reshawn Tyson but they continue their losing ways Tyson might lose interest on them. Everybody wants to be on a winning team.

Utah Jazz
-They have Lawrence, Johnson, and Williams as their core. But they need more to stay in the wild wild West. They should focus on getting a better center.

Portland Trailblazers
-They really missed Steve Nash now, Ramon Sessions is a good guard but cannot compliment Roy and Gordon. Gordon must realize that he throwing a lot of shots is hurting the team.

Miami Heat
-The failed trade might hunt them this season, J.R Smith can’t really play with Beasley and Wade. Also aside from those three the team lacks great role players. Expect some more trade for this team.

Pretenders
These are teams that are great on paper and maybe division leaders but lack something to be called contenders.

Golden State Warriors
-Their high scoring offense managed to get 50 wins but to be a great team they need to learn to play defense. Defense is the key to win championships.

Milwaukee Bucks
-They made a great run last year and Jay Gray is one of the reasons of it. But the guy needs some serious help. The Bucks need to trade for another player that can carry the team if Gray is not performing well.

New Jersey Nets
-The team got the talent and loaded with great players, they looks good on paper the only problem is they don’t know how to compliment each other. Carmelo Anthony needs to step up as the leader of this team.

Orlando Magic
-Well they got rid of Lewis and managed to sign Gerald Wallace. Also Dwight Howard is becoming one of the most dominating men on the league. This team looks great on the defensive end but how about on offense?

Atlanta Hawks
-They still think that they can be champions; they have amazing leaders with Ginobili and Prince. Unless Josh Smith and Al Horford step up their game they are far from competing with the real contenders.

Contenders
The great teams, the team to beat, the contenders.

New Orleans Hornets
-The team got knocked out on the first round but with Chris Paul being more comfortable with his new teammate Mark Moore expect this team to make a huge run in the season.

Dallas Mavericks
-With the acquisition of Andrew Watson the team now got the depth that they lack before. Dirk Nowitzki is still the star; they got good bench players with Aaron Brooks and the improving Leo Lai.

Seattle Stealth
-Kevin Durant continues to be one the great player in the league and he also bowed that they will win it all this year. The only problem now is the age of this team and the chemistry.

Cleveland Cavaliers
-They got Byron Brock and Raymond Felton in the off season. With these two they now have the most talented staring five in the league. Not to mention the “King” Lebron James is hungry for a ring.

Sacramento Kings
-Loaded from 1 to 12, the defending champions added another scorer with Rashard Lewis. The Kings can pushed to back to back titles and also have back to back MVP with Moses Chara leading the team.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby hova- on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 pm

The lonely Buck?
By Carl Column, NBA.com
Posted on October 29th 2013

Jay Gray has never been doubted since his arrival in the NBA. Not by anyone. Not by a bit. And there had been enough facettes of his games you could moan about.

Listed at 6-9, 215 lbs., Gray never had the body of a real power forward. He had neither the height to assert himself on high rebounds, nor the weight to box out his man and get the lower rebounds. He was too small, too wiry, just not the prototypical physical appearance of a NBA power forward.

Doubts? Never. Jay Gray came into this league and proved himself from the very first match. Always focused, always giving 100%, Gray showed that the key to personal success is will & self assurance. He never gave a thing about the scouting reports, the experts saying "he's too small for the NBA, too raw offensively".

After posting 20 and 10 in his final year at TCU, Gray was taken as the second pick of the 2010 draft by the Bucks (behind Jeremy Mason, know who's better?) and he came to play. He was the first player ever in the NBA to win the Defensive Player Of The Year Award and the Rookie Of The Year Award in the same season. Further, he led the league in rebounding per game (13.0) and was voted into the All-Star Game, the All NBA 1st team and the All NBA Defensive 1st team.

The Bucks though, only improved by 8 wins in his first season (27-55 in 09/10 to 35-47 in 10/11). The team was still in rebuilding mode and no one made the rookie responsible for missing the Playoffs. The team was just missing the right keys to unlock the post season door. But nobody doubted that Gray was the Bucks' lock pick of the future.

Without any decent acquisition, Milwaukee went into the 2011-2012 campaign, and Jay Gray did not say a word. He is not the type of guy to point his finger at you. He puts his hand on his chest and says "I need to work on my game". He never demands anything. He just works hard and gives.

Despite a great 11/12 season where he once again led the league in rebounding (12.4) and also showed great improvement offensively (23.9 ppg), the Bucks did not make the cut. They improved their record by two wins compared to the season before, but even dropped two spots in the East (from 10th to 12th).

It was a sign that one player cannot make it alone, a sign the Bucks' front office did not realize, or did not want to realize.

Jay Gray once again made the All NBA 1st team and the All Defensive 1st team, but the situation seemed to become similar to Kevin Garnett's situation with the Timberwolves a decade ago.

Rookie support

Jay Gray must have been happy when the Bucks selected Liam Washburn with their 8th pick in the 2012 draft. Washburn, a decent shooter and great complementary side kick to Gray, definitely helped the Bucks to take their next step. The front office also added veteran Marcus Camby, and finally Gray got the supporting cast he needed.

He never would have said a word though. "I like our roster and I hope I can help to get to the post season this year", Gray said at the Bucks season opening press conference that year. He said that the year before and before his rookie campaign, although he seemed more shy at that time".

The Bucks still did not have a very good squad, but it seemed like Washburn, who enjoyed a great rookie campaign, and Camby, who provided some defensive help for Gray, were the right choices of the Bucks front office. Milwaukee hung on for a positive record, the first in four years (44-38) and was able to grab the fourth spot in the East.

Jay Gray was doing everything for his team once again, even when it meant to give up the ball more often or sit on the bench here and there. The league-wide attention went down and Gray, still more than solid, only made it to the All-NBA 2nd team holding averages of 21 and 11. He didn't care. This guy is all about team, humble and playing the right way, a coaches dream. No attention, no problem.

"It was more of a motivation for me to work even harder", he said after the regular season. And he did so.

Jay Gray single-handedly destroyed the Miami Heat in a six game series averaging more than thirty points and eleven rebounds. It was the first Bucks Playoff series won since the days of Ray Allen & Sam Cassell.

In the second round, he helped his Bucks to beat the Champion Atlanta Hawks in six games. And despite great efforts like his epic 21/18/9 game six vs the Cavs, the Bucks couldn't prevail in the Eastern Finals.

What's next at Milwaukee?

So why is this article called "the lonely Buck"? For a fan of humble, fundamental basketball players like me, the whole Milwaukee situation just does not feel right. Jay Gray looks so much like the Kevin Garnett of the 2000s that it hurts.

The Bucks lost Marcus Camby, Jay Gray's frontcourt partner this season will be Hilton Armstrong. Deshawn Stevenson will start at the two-guard spot. The bench is loaded with stars of yesterday like Antawn Jamison and Andrei Kirilenko. Unless Liam Washburn does not surprisingly turn into an All-Star this season, the Bucks won't make any noise in the Playoffs.

And Jay Gray? He won't say anything. He will work even harder on his game, he will try to motivate his team mates, but he will never make it to the finals.
Last edited by hova- on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby |)e8* on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Sit, what number do I wear? Can you tell me?
|)e8*

Postby Brawn Shadley on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Oh dare...

Sit wrote:Now It's Your Chance!

on the bright side, yours is better than puttin's, but still...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby dare on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Oh damn I thought were going to have our own rankings because of what puttin did. Oh well I could just delete it or edit it with an article if the judges are okay with that.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Dare: 2/5
Hova: 4/5 (would have liked to see mention of Michael Conley who has been a big part in Bucks' resurgence and their second best player!)

Hova is the benchmark for me right now! (Y) Keep them coming.

And don't forget the 2 other judges still gotta give scores and they may have different tastes to me.
Last edited by Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sit
Fresh

Postby dare on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:15 pm

Well this one is definitely going to be a battle between Martti,Lamrock and Hova. If those 2 submit one.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:24 pm

I will allow users to submit 2 articles so Dare gets a second chance.
Sit
Fresh

Postby Brawn Shadley on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:53 pm

Yeah, hova owns it right now. Do note that I'm a Jay Gray homer.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby George7 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Bulls new season still a big question mark
By Sam Smith

===================================================================================================================================================
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or endorsed by the Chicago Bulls. All opinions expressed by Sam Smith are solely his own and do not reflect the opinions of the Chicago Bulls or their Basketball Operations staff, parent company, partners, or sponsors. His sources are not known to the Bulls and he has no special access to information beyond the access and privileges that go along with being an NBA accredited member of the media.
===================================================================================================================================================

Clearly the Bulls are on a difficult situation those last 2-3 years. They are capable of being a playoff team, having some great players on their squad,but they are also capable of a mediocre team as they showed last year, failing to play on the post season,and confusing even the most optimistic fans of the team.

I don't know if this team will make a good season or again a mediocre season,but they indeed have some solid players who can really help in many ways.
First off,Derrick Rose. In my opinion,he will be the barometer on how this year will go. 5 years ago, he was selected with the first overall draft pick by the Bulls,and all were hoping for him to be the face of the franchise and the player who can answer all Bulls fan prays for a championship. But for various reasons,he hasn't so far. From my point of view there are two main reasons for his average performance so far.First,he was asked to be the leader too quickly. He wasn't ready and it ruined him.And second he was in the need of the mentor.An experienced PG who could help him develop his game better.Now,he has to find the solution on his own. He has to find a help in order to make the late,as it seems, breakout. All in Chicago are still waiting for him to deliver what they expected 5 years ago.Can he?

A big question mark as well is the rest of the perimeter players. Jackson and Howard are not the players that Rose can utilize offensively as the team's PG. They're solid players,with lots of experience,but at this stage of their careers they can't be anything more than Role Players. None of them is the scoring threat Ben Gordon was,or even Luol Deng was.None of them is fresh and explosive as before.And the Sefolosa-Crawford duo from the bench is not something special,like when the coach had John Salmons and even Kirk Hinrich or Ben Gordon coming from the Bench back in the mid 00s'. A shake up is needed,in order to come a player who can be solid,fresh and great scorer. I would choose Reshawn Tyson to come and frame Derrick Rose,as there are many rumors of him not wanting to be on the shadow of Kevin Durant anymore, but his case is clearly tough for the team.

On the paint area though things are better for the team,with three great options in the squad. Roy Harmon and Eric Smith are clearly solid players for the starting spots in C and PF positions,and especially the latter is a young player who is considered a progressive talent and can revive the spark on the paint ,Chicago has missed so much in the last years,after the huge loss of Joakim Noah,who went to Cleveland and the Cavs,forming a great contenting squad,able to get the King a ring.And not count Roy HIbbert out yet.He's a solid big man out of Georgetown,and Georgetown clearly has the fame of developing great Big Men the past years. He might not had the development many would expect,but he's a sixth man many would love to have on their team.

This season can be a great chance for rebuilding,and why not for re-entering the playoffs again after a long period out.

AROUND THE LEAGUE

As for the rest of the league, the league winners will probably be from the West again,with two teams sharing the spotlight and one Eastern team trying to be a little surprise. The Stealth and the Kings are again the best teams on the league,with the current champions having a great advantage because of the squad they possess.The MVP Moses Chara,and some great second guns like Westbrook,Redd and Jefferson paired with a solid bench.

The Stealth are still "Kevin's Team" with great Starting 5,but they lack of bench options.Iverson is old,while the rest of the bench is just good,but not something great.Coach George Karl returns on the team after a short unsuccessful attempt of the talented GM(but not that talented Coach as it seems) Will Sit to take the championship, and we all want to know,how this will affect Team's motivation and morale.One thing is rumored heavily though,that Durant will be really satisfied from the front office changes.

And there comes a third team in the equation. The Cavs.With a great starting 5 of Felton,Gay,James,Noah and Brock and along with Mo Williams,Papadopoulos,Hicks and Brewer coming up from the bench ,this team is clearly a completed team with respectable options for every position.If James is the leader again and the amazing player we all know,the can be a huge surprise,and get the ring after many failed tries the previous years.
Last edited by George7 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George7

Postby Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:19 pm

2.5/5.

D Rose averaged 16 ppg, 6 apg last season. His best of his career so far. He is not a big name at all in this virtual NBA.
Sit
Fresh

Postby George7 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:25 pm

But I said that he, despite his abilities and his all-star caliber, has to find what is that obstacle which is stopping him from being that great player.

I mean,as Smith is the Bulls insider he knows what Rose can do.But he also knows that there is still something holding him back.
George7

Postby Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:27 pm

My point is that he doesn't have those abilities or 'all-star caliber' ;)
Sit
Fresh

Postby George7 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:28 pm

I see.Maybe I can edit this a little?
George7

Postby |)e8* on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:34 pm

Im gonna post mine tommorrow. When will this close/end
|)e8*

Postby George7 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Rose paragraph edited.
George7

Postby Sit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:41 pm

It will close when I post the season opener.

And De8, I didn't check your number. Sorry.
Sit
Fresh

Postby |)e8* on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:03 pm

aw I can't think of anything to write about
|)e8*

Postby The X on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Sit's you're a bit harsh. I'd give hova a 5/5. He should really save those quality articles for his own Association if you ask me :lol:

I do agree with hova's assessment of Bucks. They really needed a better starting SG than Stevenson & Camby's loss can not be understated.

EDIT: Nice work on 20-11 & 10-1. Only just read them now. Been that busy in last week didn't get a chance before sorry :wink:

And to the guys who said I can't let down Mavs, I expect my numbers to drop from 18ppg early in my career to closer to 13-15ppg as team has more depth at my position & I'm there to win, not be an All-Star
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Not going to write an article as I have my hands full with uni and accommodation applications, but will definitely enjoy the reads (Y)
Valor
MVP

Postby Lamrock on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:50 am

Phenomenal article about my Bucks. L-Train wasn't covered enough, being the first option and obvious star of the team, but whatevs.
Lamrock
I can change this now.

Postby Valor on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:53 am

I love how almost every other NLSC player/rookie/prospect apart from perhaps me and The X and Hova are huge narcissists in the ALIB Trilogy :)
Valor
MVP

Postby hova- on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:08 am

Ohhh, Valor, you know why I wrote this article, don't you? Gimme that 100 points and get Chris Hova into the All-Star game. :)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Brawn Shadley on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:42 am

Valor wrote:I love how almost every other NLSC player/rookie/prospect apart from perhaps me and The X and Hova are huge narcissists in the ALIB Trilogy :)

You forgot Martti. Not narcissistic. Crybaby.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby Sit on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:10 am

The X wrote:Sit's you're a bit harsh. I'd give hova a 5/5. He should really save those quality articles for his own Association if you ask me :lol:

I do agree with hova's assessment of Bucks. They really needed a better starting SG than Stevenson & Camby's loss can not be understated.

EDIT: Nice work on 20-11 & 10-1. Only just read them now. Been that busy in last week didn't get a chance before sorry :wink:

Hova's article was great but was just missing that one extra thing. Dunno what it is but it's the X-factor. But you have seen how no one has got a passing grade from me except Hova and George.

And glad you enjoyed the 20-11 and 10-1. Was a bit confused about what you were talking about. :lol:

Lamrock wrote:Phenomenal article about my Bucks. L-Train wasn't covered enough, being the first option and obvious star of the team, but whatevs.

You're lucky he even called you a potential All-Star bloomer. That's where he lost 0.5 marks.

hova- wrote:Ohhh, Valor, you know why I wrote this article, don't you? Gimme that 100 points and get Chris Hova into the All-Star game. :)

You're the front runner for the points. But the skill upgrade requirements have changed to make it harder for you kids.

And Marrti Must belongs in his own category... along with Sasha.
Sit
Fresh

Postby Sit on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:30 pm

August 15, 2013
Much Watch Games For 2013-14
By Willard Smith

The NBA’s official schedule for the upcoming season was released a few days ago and so now it is time to have a look at some much anticipated matchups. Some also double as nationally televised games, so make sure you set your DVRs or get your tickets because these games are going to be great!

October 28: Opening Night

The Milwaukee Bucks headline opening night by taking on the Cleveland Cavaliers in a rematch of the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals. The Cavs have added three key players in C Byron Brock, SG Terrell Hicks and PG Raymond Felton. The Bucks have not made any upgrades to their roster over the Summer. This opening matchup should be heated as the Bucks want to start their season a high after being eliminated the by the Cavs.

The other games see the Wolves and Lakers do battle in LA. The Knicks host the Bulls in the third game of the night; the Bulls will be reminded that the Knicks knocked them out of the postseason earlier in the year.

October 29: Must Opens Against Memphis

Martti Must and the Phoenix Suns will host the Memphis Grizzlies in their opening game of the 2013-14 season. Must has gotten off the wrong foot with his teammates in Phoenix but will have time to rectify all of that as they prepare for camp. The Grizzlies will get to see their former leader in new colors as they come to Arizona. Must’s former teammate OJ Mayo has vowed to lead the Grizzlies to the playoffs; something that Must never did. Don’t forget to write down January 30: That’s when Must and the Suns visit Memphis, which is sure to get hostile.

November 3: Playoff Preview?

Seattle hosts one of the defending champs in what is sure to be a drama-filled matchup. The Stealth were defeated in 7 games by the Kings in the last Western Conference Finals. Jason Kidd was hurt during the series and had to watch from the bench as the Kings beat the Stealth at home in Game 7. Both teams have essentially the same squads. It will be the first chance for fans to see what might be a preview of the Western Conference Finals should the two teams meet for the third straight year.

November 16: Crash is back!

Gerald Wallace returns to Charlotte to take on former teammates Devin Harris and Shaun Skinner. Crash’s hustle and toughness will be sorely missed as he takes plays for the Magic in a bid to play deep into the postseason. Wallace’s departure from Charlotte was sad because he was a foundation player for the club. However, it is understood that management allowed him to leave after so many years of service to the ball club. It will be interesting to see what kind of reception he gets from the fans in his return.

November 24: First Round Rematch

New Orleans were supposed to make the second round and challenge the Sacramento Kings for a spot in the Western Conference Finals last season. Enter the number 7 seeded Dallas Mavericks as first round opponents. Chris Paul is probably still spewing over his side’s first round exit. The Mavs have a few new faces but the style of play will be the same as they host the Hornets in their first duel since that Game 7 win in New Orleans. Dallas gets their turn to host the Hornets 4 days later for Thanksgiving (below).

November 28: Thanksgiving

Eleven games will be played for the national holiday. The most intriguing matchups: Seattle at New York and New Orleans at Dallas.

Everyone loves to play at Madison Square Garden and when the best team in the league rolls around, Knicks fans will be there in their fullest numbers. Another subplot to take into account is the fact that Stealth SG Reshawn Tyson will either be playing for New York or returning home and playing in front of friends. The Hornets were surprised in the first round of the last playoffs by the Mavs and get a shot at revenge in the regular season as they visit the Mavs.

November 29: The X Returns

Andrew Watson and the Mavs play a tough second game of a back-to-back in Houston where he will surely meet a hostile crowd. Watson had pledged his allegiances to the Rockets before being swayed by Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Mark Cuban to join Texan rivals Dallas. Dallas has the talent and depth to play deep into the playoffs while the Rockets have a young team that will surely need time to gel. Maybe with a bit of fire in his belly, Yao Ming scores 50 points on this night!

December 25: Christmas Day

The NBA has scheduled 5 games for Christmas Day. As you tuck away into your warm dinners and open all of your presents, be sure to keep an eye out for these games and storylines:

Memphis at Orlando: OJ Mayo leads the Grizzlies into battle against Dwight Howard and the Magic. Can Emeka Okafor size up to his fellow 2004 draftee?

Dallas at LA Clippers: These two Western Conference studs will play first at STAPLES and providing a precursor to Knicks-Lakers. This game might actually overshadow the next one as Lliach-Stoudemire take on the talented Mavs.

New York at LA Lakers: Former Laker Lamar Odom and the Knicks take on the Lakers on their home court. What better Christmas present is there for those fans who love a marquee matchup? Tickets are sure to be expensive for this one.

San Antonio at Minnesota: The young Wolves host the veteran Spurs in an evenly matched contest.

Miami at Chicago: Wade loves playing against the Bulls in Chicago. Let’s hope that it’s not a blowout and the Bulls give a performance that fans can cheer about.

December 27: Bosh’s Christmas Carol

Chris Bosh will get a bit of the Christmas Carol treatment (when Scrooge meets the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come) as he and the Raptors visit the Heat in Miami. This will no doubt be a reminder of sorts to Bosh of the preseason trade that fell through and a look at what could have been for him. Bosh could have been played with Dwyane Wade and Michael Beasley had it not been for two failed physicals. He will get to play on the Heat home court and think about all the what if’s associated with that deal.

January 6: Most-anticipated Game of the Season

Lebron James was devastated that his Cavs lost Game 7 of the NBA Finals in the last minute. The Cavs have upgraded their roster and added imposing big man Byron Brock to the fold. This should be a good season for Cleveland and this Finals rematch is going to be the most eagerly anticipated game of the season. Reigning MVP Moses Chara is most probably going to have a lot to say about this game with a month leading up to it. Don’t forget that the Kings host the Cavs about 3 weeks later on January 30 where Lebron and the Cavs will have a shot at revenge on the court they lost the Finals on.

January 9: Spanish Fiesta!

The Lakers host the Pacers where LA fans will get to see the magic of Ricky Rubio. Rubio and Marc Gasol get to take on compatriots Pau Gasol and Jose Calderon in a reunion of sorts for the Spain national team members. Rudy Fernandez is probably feeling a little bit left out in New Jersey right now.

January 21: Moore Has A Point To Prove

Rookie Julian Martin gets to match up against the player he sort of replaced: Mark Moore. Moore has fired many barbs at the Bobcats and Michael Jordan ever since being traded to New Orleans. The Kiwi has criticized the franchise’s lack of ability to ‘build a winning roster’ and even called out Jordan for being ‘lazy’ and ‘incompetent’. Those are some harsh words from the player MJ had himself drafted. Moore will want to prove his point when he and the Hornets play in Charlotte.

February 15: 2014 All-Star Game

This season’s midseason showcase will be held in New Orleans. Will Chris Paul be able to win All-Star MVP in front of his adoring home crowd?

March 13: The Other NBA Final?

Seattle and Cleveland looked likely to compete against each other last season for the NBA title but things did not fall their way. Is this nationally televised game in Seattle going to be a preview of what might eventuate this season if everything goes right?

April 15: Last Day

Last season five team’s fates were decided on the last day of the regular season. Those triumphant were joyous (New York and Portland) while those that failed probably couldn’t sleep for months (Chicago, Memphis, LA Lakers). This year could be the same with 14 games to mark the end of the regular season.

Some gems may include:

Bucks at Pacers
    Rockets at Spurs
    Kings at Jazz
    Suns at Clippers
    Heat at Knicks
    Sixers at Cavs
    Grizzlies at Mavs
    Raptors at Warriors
    Nuggets at Wolves
Last edited by Sit on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sit
Fresh

PreviousNext

Return to Association & My Player Hall of Fame