A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - TOP TEN NBA TEAMS YO

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:23 pm

And considering the Stealth aren't really into playing D, The Kings are going to murder them if they ever meet in the postseason again.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Houndy on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:08 pm

The Kings man, hell of a team that [insert GM name here] has made.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Lucky #7 for the Bucks. Not like they'll need it, considering they have the two best players in the NBA.
Lamrock

Postby |)e8* on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Lol @ Lamrock. Damn the Kings look tough
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Justine. on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 pm

The Kings will repeat imo. The squad is deadly.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Now It's Your Chance!

NLSCers, now that I have posted the season previews, it's your turn to submit some articles in anticipation of the start of the season. The best articles will get points. I want to see predictions for the season or a different spin on things that have not been covered. Keep it within the realm of realism and you will be rewarded. People who write about their virtual selves will be penalized. Let's keep things a little interesting. :)

Judges of quality of your articles will be SHADOW and THIERRY. You will get scores out of 5 from those 2 and me. (see below). Peer review is often the best review.
Last edited by Fresh8 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Calling for Submissions

Postby puttincomputers on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:17 am

ESPN KiDS Magazine
Lebron James, JR.

I was asked to give my predictions for the New Season.
Here they are.

30 Cavs
29 Cats
28 Wizards
27 Pistons
26 Knicks
25 Rockets
24 Celtics
23 Pacers
22 Nuggets
21 Bulls
20 Spurs
19 76ers
18 Heat
17 Grizzlies
16 Blazers
15 Hawks
14 Suns
13 Lakers
12 Raptors
11 Jazz
10 Clippes
9 Wariors
8 Nets
7 TWolves
6 Bucks
5 Magic
4 Mavs
3 Kings
2 Stealth
1 Hornets

You may be asking why I want my dad's team to be so bad. You might wonder if I have inside information. Well I do have inside information. By now you are gasping and saying the Cavs are crazy to trade my dad away. Well don't fear. The only inside info I have is that his son, me, misses him since he is rarely home. Mom is getting fed up as well. He rarely comes even when its a home game. We keep warning him that all that partying will catch up to him someday. btw dad if you read this, Lambros has been hanging round our place while you and the rest of the team are partying.

For the rest of predictions.
East Conf champs, Magic (over Nets)
West Conf champs, Stealth (over Hornets)

Finals champ, Stealth
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:40 am

There should be a penalty for badly written articles. Like the one above this post.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Martti. on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:41 am

Do you still want me to write the article about my season opener?
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:58 am

ESPN KiDS Magazine
Lebron James, JR.

Seriously? :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:09 am

I'm not speaking on Sit's behalf but you guys should at least give a little bit of effort in writing your articles.

That retarded article above merely lists his power ranking without giving a reason why and simply added some retarded bs about family that doesn't even relate to the story (this association) and topped it off with a prediction retardation.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby puttincomputers on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:21 am

Thierry • wrote:
ESPN KiDS Magazine
Lebron James, JR.

Seriously? :lol:

lets see here. ESPN could put out a kids magazine by 2013

Lebron James Jr would actually turn 9 on October 9th, 2013

Said possible Magazine could ask NBA Star's kids to give their input.

Sit wrote:Now It's Your Chance!

NLSCers, now that I have posted the season previews, it's your turn to submit some articles in anticipation of the start of the season. The best articles will get points. I want to see predictions for the season or a different spin on things that have not been covered. Keep it within the realm of realism and you will be rewarded. People who write about their virtual selves will be penalized. Let's keep things a little interesting. :)

its a spin on something that was never covered and could be in the realm of possibility.

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
puttincomputers

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:24 am

puttincomputers wrote:lets see here. ESPN could put out a kids magazine by 2013

Yeah I know, but I really don't see ESPN with a kids magazine and even less, a 9 year old putting power rankings out there like John Hollinger :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:29 am

puttincomputers wrote:lets see here. ESPN could put out a kids magazine by 2013

its a spin on something that was never covered and could be in the realm of possibility.

You didn't exactly cover anything new. You merely did a power ranking in the shitty guise of it being from a 'new' magazine.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:54 am

Shadowgrinch and Thierry will be judges of the articles. A Grand Prize of 100 points up for grabs. It is also up to their discretion to suggest other rewards/penalties (yes, penalties) to me to dish out to you. If no one submits anything worthy of the top prize then the 100 points shall not be claimed.

Judges, please give a score out of 5 for each article upon it's posting.

And Martti, I've already done an article for you about your season opener. Will be posted soon.

As for the first submission by Manfred, I award 1/5.
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:57 am

Sit, okay. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:07 am

Thanks Martti. If you write something, maybe you can give us a look into Charles' lifestyle and his chances as an NBA gm? I've already given you a little start in the stories with his krispy kreme eating. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:21 pm

Justine, I appologise to you for some poor reporting. Your player was never drafted by the Cavs. He was in fact the 22nd pick for the Clippers. Sorry man. He is still alive. :) You will be playing for the Cavs though. We will make it that the Cavs traded for you on draft night for a future first rounder.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Calling for Submissions/Apology

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Crewhead Death Confirmed As An Internet Hoax

OCTOBER 30, CLEVELAND – Cleveland Cavaliers rookie and 22nd pick Justine Crewhead is alive and well after reporting to practice this morning. Crewhead had been missing for a week and the subject of death rumors this past week. The former Kentucky player has told reporters that he was away from the team for a family emergency and could not get in contact with the organization to inform them of his whereabouts.

The swingman whom was traded from the Clippers for a first round pick on Draft Night is ready to continue preparing for the start of the NBA season.

Read More…
Fresh8

Postby Eirsej on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:03 pm

If I'm a Cavs player, I'd be scared if someone I know dead, would suddenly show up for practice. :lol:
Eirsej

Postby puttincomputers on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:46 pm

ESPN
Kaltone Robertson

What a turn of events. Young nba player Justine Crewhead suddenly showed up out of the blue at practice. As you remember he is guy that was reported DOA at Justine Crewhead's house. We have now learned that not only was it not Justine Crewhead of the Cavs, but it was actually the wrong address on the Police Report that was released to the public (the internal report had the correct address). There was in fact a person was killed at 1589 James Lane, Road, Justine Crewhead's address is 1589 James Lane, Lane. This person's name incidentally was Justin Crewdine and looked very much like Justine Crewhead.

Cleveland police have apologized for the egregious error. They cite a lapse in the PR dept. for the incorrect address. However what is disconcerting is that they say that the baggie beside Justin Crewdine actually had Justine Crewheads name on it. Police are considering the possibility that this was a botched attempt on the life of Justine Crewhead.

Here are my thoughts on the case. Could Crewhead have been told by the FBI to leave town without notice after the botched attempt? Could the error by the Police PR Dept been deliberate to give the real killers a false sense of security?

In other news Lebron James refuted the stories abut him that his son put into the ESPN KiDS magazine. Here is part of what James had to say.
"I don't know what got into my son. All I know is that he knows now what corporal punishment means."

puttincomputers

Postby dare on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Wow Justine I think is the most interesting rookie, Gender unknown and has the ability to resurrect himself :lol:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Justine. on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Beware :twisted: :lol:
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:47 pm

puttincomputers wrote:James had to say.
"I don't know what got into my son. All I know is that he knows now what corporal punishment means."

Too bad LeBron doesn't know what that means irl. :proud:

I'll wait for other articles before giving puttin a score.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby dare on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Team Summary

Don’t expect too much from them
These are the following teams that you might see in the bottom of the standings.

Charlotte Bobcats
-Gerald Wallace is not with the team anymore after years of disappointment, Devin Harris cannot carry this team alone and most likely the team will end up with the worst record again.

Detroit Pistons
-Brook Lopez is not showing the star caliber the team expects from him, the team is not really build to be a playoff team so Rip Hamilton might finally leave Motor City.

Denver Nuggets
-Much like the Pistons the Nuggets are on their way to rebuild, Chris Kaman is one of the most talented big men on the league but you can’t really expect a lot with his teammates unless the old T-mac will come back.

Memphis Grizzlies
-This team missed the playoffs even with the huge efforts from Martti Must last season, so what more can you expect when he is not with the team?

Houston Rockets
-Even with the talented young men I don’t expect Houston to be better, not with an injury prone franchise player shouldering all the load of his team.

It could happen
These are teams that maybe can qualify in the playoffs but by a long shot.

Chicago Bulls
-They have a good balance team; the key is if Derrick Rose plays like the franchise player he should be. Stephen Jackson is a great player and can compliment Rose but they need to add more shooters in the team.

Indiana Pacers
-Danny Granger is definitely the star of the team, but if Ricky Rubio can’t improve his offense the team can wave goodbye to their playoff dreams.

Washington Wizards
-With the recent signing of Elton Brand and Klemen Pirc the team got the talent to make the playoffs, they just need to learn how to play with each other.

San Antonio Spurs
-It looks like this team will take a long time before they become a contender again. But you can’t deny the fact that they still got Tony Parker and Tim Duncan, they will be as competitive as ever.

Philadelphia 76ers
-Losing three starters is a big deal as those players were the key with their great defense last year. Unless Wilcox and Perkins can matched Brock and Brand’s numbers.

Keep a close watch to them
These are teams that can be the surprised team this season, teams that can make a major move that will rock the league.

Boston Celtics
-Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. I doubt those three want to be a lottery team again. They have their so called Celtics pride with them and I’m sure they will make a huge move for a final run.

LA Lakers
-When you have a player named Kobe Bryant no doubt that you’re going to play hard. Ariza and Calderon are great acquisition and this might all they need to get that trophy.

Minnesota Timberwolves
-A young and talented team. With the acquisition of Kevin Martin they bring a great scorer. Luol Deng is a good veteran that can help the team through tough times. This year is the best chance for the Wolves to make the playoffs.

Toronto Raptors
-Coby Clark did struggle on the Summer League but I think he is ready to contribute on this team. Chris Bosh name is still mentioned on trade rumors but with the talent they got playoffs spot is not possible.

Phoenix Suns
-If Martti Must carries the Grizzlies then it would be fun to see what he can do with Suns. If they get to the playoffs then Must can be consider as a MVP candidate.

On the bubble
These are teams that made the playoffs last year but in danger to lose their spots or go down a little bit.

LA Clippers
-Other teams in Western Conference improve their team but the Clippers did not do much. They need to add more depth if they want to have a shot of being a playoff team.

New York Knicks
-They made it last year despite having a poor record, they still eyeing Reshawn Tyson but they continue their losing ways Tyson might lose interest on them. Everybody wants to be on a winning team.

Utah Jazz
-They have Lawrence, Johnson, and Williams as their core. But they need more to stay in the wild wild West. They should focus on getting a better center.

Portland Trailblazers
-They really missed Steve Nash now, Ramon Sessions is a good guard but cannot compliment Roy and Gordon. Gordon must realize that he throwing a lot of shots is hurting the team.

Miami Heat
-The failed trade might hunt them this season, J.R Smith can’t really play with Beasley and Wade. Also aside from those three the team lacks great role players. Expect some more trade for this team.

Pretenders
These are teams that are great on paper and maybe division leaders but lack something to be called contenders.

Golden State Warriors
-Their high scoring offense managed to get 50 wins but to be a great team they need to learn to play defense. Defense is the key to win championships.

Milwaukee Bucks
-They made a great run last year and Jay Gray is one of the reasons of it. But the guy needs some serious help. The Bucks need to trade for another player that can carry the team if Gray is not performing well.

New Jersey Nets
-The team got the talent and loaded with great players, they looks good on paper the only problem is they don’t know how to compliment each other. Carmelo Anthony needs to step up as the leader of this team.

Orlando Magic
-Well they got rid of Lewis and managed to sign Gerald Wallace. Also Dwight Howard is becoming one of the most dominating men on the league. This team looks great on the defensive end but how about on offense?

Atlanta Hawks
-They still think that they can be champions; they have amazing leaders with Ginobili and Prince. Unless Josh Smith and Al Horford step up their game they are far from competing with the real contenders.

Contenders
The great teams, the team to beat, the contenders.

New Orleans Hornets
-The team got knocked out on the first round but with Chris Paul being more comfortable with his new teammate Mark Moore expect this team to make a huge run in the season.

Dallas Mavericks
-With the acquisition of Andrew Watson the team now got the depth that they lack before. Dirk Nowitzki is still the star; they got good bench players with Aaron Brooks and the improving Leo Lai.

Seattle Stealth
-Kevin Durant continues to be one the great player in the league and he also bowed that they will win it all this year. The only problem now is the age of this team and the chemistry.

Cleveland Cavaliers
-They got Byron Brock and Raymond Felton in the off season. With these two they now have the most talented staring five in the league. Not to mention the “King” Lebron James is hungry for a ring.

Sacramento Kings
-Loaded from 1 to 12, the defending champions added another scorer with Rashard Lewis. The Kings can pushed to back to back titles and also have back to back MVP with Moses Chara leading the team.
dare
True kings have rings

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame