A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby George7 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:33 pm

Martti., You have to be proud that your decision is as controversial as LeBron's one! :mrgreen:
George7

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Sit wrote:Also to Thierry... Ok article. You didn't say that you were shit at soccer haha and will Red Dead Redemption still be played in 2013? Haha.. Also Rubio hates you!

Shit at soccer? Oh, you don't know how soccer is lived over here. I rock. :lol: I still play Jazz Jackrabbit, won't Red Dead Redemption still be played in 3 years? Hopefully me and Rubio can put our differences in the past.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Don't worry guys, your characters will still get criticism in near future :)

Thierry Henry never said you were good man.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Lol no, he said, and I quote: :lol:

“He’s got a good touch,” Henry stated, “Must be an Argentine thing.” ....... “But he sucked.”
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Mandich on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:12 am

Undrafted European vow to surprise everyone and make the NBA

Undrafted Croatia point guard , Luka Mandich , is very optimistic about his future in the NBA. He said the only reason a NBA team hasn't picked him is his former problems with drugs and alcohol. „Maybe teams are thinking I'm not serious about this , and that I just want to make a little bit money and go back home to Croatia. Well no people, I am serious , I am talented , I am willing and I have more that plenty of motivation“ – the former highly regarded international prospect said.

„I know there are a lot of doubters out there, but that's okay , I like that. It is a challenge, and challenges are my specialties. Those people just motivate me more and make me more confident that I will succeed. In fact , if people don't like you, you are actually worth something“-Mandich is full with determination to make an impact in the greatest basketball league in the world, the NBA.

He is not one of those un exciting european players. With a wingspan of 6'5“ and vertical leap of 41 inches Mandich can throw down as good as any point guard in the game . „Dunking was my favorite thing about basketball a couple of years ago. I lived for he dunks , and I dreamed that one day kids will have my posters just like Vince Carters.“-Mandich said optimistically.

The 6 foot tall guard was actually surprised about not being drafted at first, because he did post great numbers overseas playing for Cibona Zagreb. 19.4 points a game, 8.2 assists a game, 4.1 rebounds a game, 1.6 steals and 0.5 blocks a game.

Mandich has talent, he has will , and if all things come together , he could make an impact in the NBA
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:13 am

2013 Offseason Recap

Summer League

Stealth Rookies Shine In Summer League

JULY 20 2013, UTAH – Seattle Stealth assistant coach Rasheed Wallace and second year players Jao Wu and Senso Rancati were not the only ones turning heads at the 2013 Utah Summer League. The surprising performances of the team’s three draft picks brought just as much positive feedback as Sheed’s near-perfect coaching debut and Wu’s and Rancati’s leadership and play.

PF and number 30 pick Jamaal Garrett averaged an impressive 10.3 points and 8.7 rebounds in 8 games for Seattle. Garrett was praised for using his size to beat the competition. SF and number 32 pick Peter Carpenter started all 8 games and averaged a modest 5.2 points. However, it was his contributions on the defensive end that raised eyebrows as he held Bucks’ second year pro Liam Washburn to 2 points and 1-8 shooting in one game.

Australian prospect and number 60 pick Rich Tyler wasn’t as impressive as his fellow draftees but Stealth GM Will Sit did mention that Tyler was going to be picked up by the team and developed. “We’d like to see how much he can improve over the season and also playing in the D-League.” As for Garrett and Carpenter, Sit stated, “I’m feeling that Jamaal might get a shot as the last man on our playing roster. Peter is definitely a year away from making the first team.”

Although the Stealth lost two key players in their rotation in PF Chris Wilcox and SF Trevor Ariza, second year players Wu and Rancati proved that they could be relied upon this season. Wu, the number 1 pick from the 2012 Draft, averaged a team-leading 18.9 ppg, 5.5 apg, 1.8 spg. Rancati, the number 10 pick from the 2012 Draft, was a surprising performer by averaging 16.3 ppg and scoring a Summer League-leading 2.4 three pointers a game.

Read More…

Martin Might Be Top Rookie

JULY 20 2013, CHARLOTTEJulian Martin has Bobcats President of Player Operations Michael Jordan licking his lips after averaging 22.6 ppg in Summer League play. Martin could redeem Jordan’s many mistakes over the years with player drafts for the Bobcats and an earlier stint with the Washington Wizards.

Martin was originally projected to be drafted in the second round after his draft plummeted following an off-court incident and altercation with a teammate at UCLA. However, a number of positive workouts put him back on tract and he was surprisingly selected by Charlotte with the fourth pick of the NBA Draft. Martin is relishing the second chance, “I was very lucky to be picked by the Bobcats. I’m going to play very hard to pay back the faith.”

Martin has outshined all his fellow rookies so far although one Western Conference scout cautioned, “It’s only Summer League. The NBA is a lot different to this environment.” Number one pick Coby Clark struggled for Toronto and finished Summer League with averages of 6.5 ppg and 7.2 rpg. Number two pick Sam Slater was able to average double figures, albeit on poor shooting percentages: 13.2 ppg on .398 FG% and .273 3PT%. Number three pick Christian Bullard didn’t fare any better as he averaged 8.9 ppg for the Spurs although he did play great defensively.

Read More…

Portland Picks Up Brezhnev

JULY 30 2013, PORTLAND – The Portland Trailblazers decided to award undrafted PF Lev Brezhnev with a 1 year contract after the 7 footer from Russia’s CSKA Moscow impressed them over Summer League play. Brezhnev only averaged 4.6 ppg and 2.3 rpg but was said to have shown much promise during training sessions.

The Russian national may have dropped out of the second round because he stay in Russia to train with the national side during the leadup to the NBA Draft. His agent, upon announcement of the deal with the Blazers, said that his client was ‘happy to secure a contract and is looking forward to working hard and cracking the rotation.’

Read More…

Knicks Sign Greek Rookie Koukoulis

JULY 30 2013, NEW YORK – PG George Koukoulis, 19, has always dreamed of playing in the NBA. That dream came true as the Knicks offered him a one year deal that will likely see him compete in the D-League but no less one step closer to the NBA.

Koukoulis, from Greece, comes over to America after plying his trade for Olympiacos since the tender age of 16. After 2 years training with the senior team, he finally joined them as a surprise starter last year after their starting PG was injured. Suddenly thrust into the spotlight, the youngster averaged a modest 3.6 ppg and 3.3 apg.

This past Summer he played three games for the Knicks’ Summer League squad before jetting to Greece to train and trial for his national side. Although he did not make the final cut, he was able to train with the team for the entire duration of the European Championships. The Knicks waited for him to return to the States before signing him up to his 1 year contract.

He made the foolish move of declaring for the NBA Draft after being advised that he was strong enough to be picked. However, poor workouts forced him to be left with no team to go to. Fortunately for Koukoulis, the Knicks are ready to take a stab at him and hope that it all works out for the best.

Read More…

Mandich Will Play For Toros

JULY 30 2013, AUSTIN – In some sad news, aspiring PG Luka Mandich was unable to secure an NBA contract. He will stay in America though to play for the Austin Toros in the D-League. The hard working player is fighting past alcohol and substance abuse to be able to play in the NBA.

Read More…

League Transactions

Calderon Joins Gasol For Lakers

SEPTEMBER 29 2013, LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Lakers traded for PG Jose Calderon and PF Udonis Haslem in a bid to stay in the playoff hunt as the careers of SG Kobe Bryant and PF Pau Gasol edge closer to a close. Calderon will join Bryant and fellow Spaniard Gasol in the starting lineup for the Lakers, which also features C Andrew Bynum and SF Trevor Ariza.

Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak said that Calderon had always been a target for the team but admitted that he never did a deal in high hopes that PG Rodney Stuckey would become a solid starter at the position. Kupchak made the tough decision of losing the defensive presence of C Brendan Haywood and a future first rounder in order to acquire Calderon. “I didn’t want to lose a pick as well as Brendan but we had to do what we had to do. Brendan loved LA but he will get more opportunities in Toronto. Sometimes you got to give to receive,” Kupchak said. PF Channing Frye was also traded to the Raptors in this deal.

Read More…

Bulls Cash In On Deng’s Expiring Deal

SEPTEMBER 29 2013, CHICAGO – SF Luol Deng had mentioned that he did not want to play for Chicago after his contract runs out and the Bulls cashed in on his expiring contract by acquiring C Roy Hibbert and veteran SG Stephen Jackson.

Deng, the number 7 pick of the 2004 draft, averaged 16 ppg last season. The 28 year old, 10 year pro has a 12 million dollar expiring contract. The Bulls opted to bring in 7’2” 17th pick of the 2008 Draft, Hibbert, who might start at centre for the team and 6’8” 35 year old Jackson who averaged a serviceable 11 ppg last season for the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The Wolves were happy to get rid of Jackson who was deemed disruptive in the locker room last season. Captain Mike Bibby said, “Stephen was really positive for us when he first got here but he’s really been holding us back a little bit in recent times.” The Wolves get Deng who is in his prime and a player who could thrive playing alongside SG Kevin Martin. Bibby noted, “This could be a very good season as we have quite a talented team.”

Read More…

Cleveland Trades For Passing Point Guard

SEPTEMBER 29 2013, CLEVELANDMo Williams’ time as starting PG is over after the Cavaliers finally got their hands on a pass-first playmaker. Cleveland traded SG Rudy Fernandez and a future first round pick to acquire PG Raymond Felton from the New Jersey Nets.

Felton demanded a trade out of New Jersey after becoming unhappy with the lack of playing time due to playing behind All-Star Barney Steele. Felton became disenchanted with playing second fiddle and struggled whenever the Nets used him at SG. The 29 year old averaged 10 ppg and 5 apg from off the bench for the Nets.

Fernandez leaves the Cavs and a crowded backcourt to join the Nets to play behind 2010 first overall pick Jeremy Mason. Fernandez is confident of competing for the starting spot though after the 28 year old averaged 9.6 ppg last season for Cleveland. “I had to play with Rudy Gay and Lebron James every day. I started most games and I was in the NBA Finals. I think I am capable to start for New Jersey Nets,” Fernandez told reporters after being introduced as a Nets player.

Read More…

Bosh Fails Physical, Nixes Trade

SEPTEMBER 29 2013, MIAMI – The blockbuster deal sending Chris Bosh to the Miami Heat has been cancelled after Bosh failed two physicals over three days. The All-Star PF will be playing for Toronto after all once the regular season resumes. Details of the failed physicals have not been disclosed to the media.

Heat SG JR Smith will return to Miami and claimed that he felt no ill feelings towards the franchise that nearly traded him away, “The NBA is a business. I’ve walked away from the Nuggets before for a better situation. Miami included me in this trade because they thought they would be in a better situation. I can’t do anything except play my tail off and prove that I am the best player they could have.”

Read More…

League News

Iverson Doubtful For Season Opener

OCTOBER 29 2013, SEATTLE – Seattle Stealth SG Allen Iverson is in serious doubt for his side’s season opener after getting hurt in a training session. Iverson is sidelined for 1-2 weeks with a strained hamstring.

Read More…

Kings Aim For Back-to-Back

OCTOBER 29 2013, SACRAMENTOMoses Chara is telling anyone who will listen that his team is good enough to be the first side to win back to back titles since the LA Lakers did it at the beginning of the last decade. “If we can win back to back titles, we are instantly one the best team of this decade,” Chara stated, “And I think that we really deserve that.”

The reigning MVP also aims to add to his collection, “I think I can repeat as MVP as well. As long as the Kings come in the top 3, I am going to be a back to back MVP.” The Kings are certainly capable of repeating as they enter the season with the same team as last season except for the absence of C Shaquille O’Neal and the addition of SF Rashard Lewis.

Read More…

Bosh To Stay In Toronto For Now

OCTOBER 29 2013, TORONTO – Toronto’s All-Star PF Chris Bosh is stuck in Toronto after the Raptors have failed to find a suitor for his services. Bosh would have been in Miami had it not been for a failed physical last month. Bosh will start Toronto’s season opener after sitting out the entire preseason schedule.

Read More…

Bucks’ Villanueva Disgruntled and Demands Trade

OCTOBER 29 2013, MILWAUKEE – PF Charlie Villanueva has issued an ultimatum: Play me or Trade me. The disgruntled reserve has received limited minutes because of Jay Gray and claimed that he understood ‘his situation’ but wanted more of a run. “I want to win as much as any other guy on this team,” he said, “But if I’m not getting minutes, I’d rather be somewhere else.”

Read More…

Splitter’s Freak Injury Postpones Debut Season

OCTOBER 29 2013, SAN ANTONIOTiago Splitter will not make his NBA debut for another year after breaking his leg in a freak biking accident. Splitter was holidaying in the Swiss Alps when he was forced off the road by a motorist whilst he was bike riding. The 7 footer from Brazil is yet to sign a deal with the Spurs.

The Spurs have stood behind Splitter and state that he will be signed to a deal next season. They also lamented the bad luck on the eve of the Euroleague MVP and champion finally joining their team. It comes as a huge disappointment as the Spurs prepared a roster spot and additional minutes for him. San Antonio signed Aaron Gray to a one year deal in light of this news.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Summer League, Trades, League New

Postby hova- on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:26 am

Ahh c'mon, Bosh is still there?? Well, with Haywood, Bosh, Clark, the soph (forgot his name) and me, we will have a nasty team. Still, it will take some time to get everybody the shots he likes. I hope I can deliver :D
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:40 am

hova- wrote:Ahh c'mon, Bosh is still there?? Well, with Haywood, Bosh, Clark, the soph (forgot his name) and me, we will have a nasty team. Still, it will take some time to get everybody the shots he likes. I hope I can deliver :D

Time for another splendid piece from Hov? :)
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:43 am

Nice twist with Bosh. Hova must be pissed. Speaking of pissed, L-Train is too good for Summer League. When's the last time a team assigned it's borderline All-Star SF to the Summer League?
Lamrock

Postby dare on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:58 am

MJ definitely picked the right guy this time.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Alpha_ on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 am

finally, my player found a home. lol. Chris Bosh staying? I thought he is headed to South Beach.
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby megarover on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:08 am

I was planning on posting an article but of course halfway through it the browser closed :?.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Lamrock wrote:Nice twist with Bosh. Hova must be pissed. Speaking of pissed, L-Train is too good for Summer League. When's the last time a team assigned it's borderline All-Star SF to the Summer League?

:S You're not a borderline All-Star. You're a very good roleplayer. And very good roleplayers play in Summer League. It's a testament to your work ethic. :) I mean... a very good roleplayer = Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison. Oh, Von Wafer and Brian Cook. :)

dare wrote:MJ definitely picked the right guy this time.

We will see. We will see.

King Dee wrote:finally, my player found a home. lol. Chris Bosh staying? I thought he is headed to South Beach.

Look up.

megarover wrote:I was planning on posting an article but of course halfway through it the browser closed :?.

Microsoft Word. ;)
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Bosh back to Toronto, don't like it :lol:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Thierry • wrote:Bosh back to Toronto, don't like it :lol:

And noone likes you. :lol:

Just joking!

Your article was a nice article btw. Top 3 for me after Martti and Hova. However, I'd like for you to sound more hated by Rubio because he does hate you.
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Thanks man :) Well, Rubio hates me now, hopefully we can work our backcourt partnership as the season rolls.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby |)e8* on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Ew bosh
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Mark. on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Top work Sit, been spending the last 3 nights catching up bit by bit as our broadband has been capped for a week and a half or something. Gotta say I love how the playoffs turned out (Y) I know it would have been sweet to see the Stealth win, but I think it sets this season up nicely.
Glad I stayed with the Hornets, CP3 is probably one of the superstars I would most like to play beside (I seem to play a lot better with a great playmaker) also im a pretty loyal guy so it suits my character that I would choose to stay after they saved me from the Charlotte situation..... actually thats probably a good theme for an article if I wanted to write one!
Will probs leave doing an article for a little bit though, any extra time I get is going into starting up my 2k11 Association.
Looking forward to the new season starting, glad you got Ty back, I would rather he stick around and you cash in on Durant if one of them has to leave.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Bucks' Washburn Taking New Approach In Sophomore Season

Image October 24, 2013 (AP) - "Our team, baby. Our team!", Bucks forward Liam Washburn exclaimed after a 105-93 pre-season win over the Sixers, in which the second year player notched 21 points, 8 rebounds and most notably, 7 assists. The new mantra, while clearly a parody of Kevin Durant's now (in)famous "my team" catch phrase, is no joke. Washburn, affectionately nicknamed "The L-Train" is serious business this year.

After a scorching hot start to his rookie season, Washburn ran into the all-too familiar face of adversity. He fell into a major shooting slump to finish the season, was narrowly upset by Janis Kalnins for the rookie of the year award, and suffered a heartbreaking conference finals defeat at the hands of his idol LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. After being compared to the great Larry Bird early in the season, Washburn was labelled a "black hole", due to his paltry 0.8 assists per game. Adding insult to injury, Washburn, who had considered himself a borderline all-star, was required by his team to play in the Summer League.

"I spoke to Liam this Summer, and you could just tell that he was upset," says teammate Jay Gray. "It was a real ego-ectomy for him, but he didn't let it get him down. He took it as motivation, and it shows in his play."

Washburn struggled in Summer League, attempting to be more of a facilitator, as well as the focal point of the offense. As a result, he committed over 4 turnovers per game, in addition to shooting 37% from the field. In pre-season however, he has looked like a new player, frequently leading the Bucks in scoring and averaging nearly 4 assists per game.

"He's really refined his game," says coach Scott Skiles. "I think people really underestimated this kid's work ethic and wrote off his potential due to his relative lack of athletic ability. He has the skills of a shooting guard, and yet he's almost seven feet tall. He's finally learning to use his size advantage and has also stepped it up on the defensive end. We may not be the most talented team in the league, but in Gray and Washburn we have a tandem built on basketball IQ and teamwork."

When we spoke to Washburn, he shrugged upon hearing his pre-season stats. "I used to be a huge stats geek. Last year, I would check Basketball Reference daily to see if my PER went up or down. However, I'm starting to realize that it's how you play that truly matters. Coach [Skiles] devised this thing called a 'Teammate Grade'. It rewards assists and good shot selection, but marks you down for bad spacing, calling for passes excessively, doing things that just causes you to lose games. That's what I'm about right now.'"

Most NBA experts are pegging the Cavaliers to return to the NBA Finals this season, but don't be surprised if athletic freaks LeBron and Rudy Gay are thwarted by Wisconsin's favorite students of the game.
Last edited by Lamrock on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lamrock

Postby dare on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Love the teammate grade, your player wears the Hawks uniform :lol: Nice article man
dare
True kings have rings

Postby hova- on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Good piece, Lamrock. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby George7 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Nice! Knicks will be good! Hopefully there will be some injuries in their SG spots,and give me some minutes!
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Finally Lamrock posts an article :) Love it man!

Yo yo Mark, thanks for posting!
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:17 pm

:lol: @ chris bosh failing his physical

Nice deal for the Bulls, getting rid of Deng for some solid pieces, Hibbert and Jackson will fill in nicely (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Valor wrote::lol: @ chris bosh failing his physical

Nice deal for the Bulls, getting rid of Deng for some solid pieces, Hibbert and Jackson will fill in nicely (Y)

Hibbert is young. S-Jack well past his prime. No idea how I would grade that deal. :P
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame