A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Houndy on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:36 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'll make a new one tomorrow, or later today
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Offseason Recap + NLSCer Article

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:20 pm

Pacers Insider • Spagnoletti going one step at a time
    nba.com/pacers/insider | September 22nd, 2013

INDIANA -- Albano Spagnoletti gingerly slides his hand next to a ice-cold can of Pepsi. Suddenly his hand slides and the drink is all over the carpet. His face contorts in pain, as if the Pacers' shooting guard collisioned with Yao Ming. He breaks out laughing: no harm, no foul at all. Welcome to Albano's day off. These are heady times for the charismatic Argentinian standout, who enters his second NBA season. He was seen as mid-to-late 1st round pick, until he posted some incredible workouts and ended up being picked in the Top 3: third to the Indiana Pacers. Spagnoletti and the Pacers posted a 33-49 record last year and missed the playoffs, but the Argentinian hopes to “step up my game and hopefully get more minutes.” As the Pacers' seventh man last season, Spagnoletti posted averages of 11.7 points, 2.1 rebounds and 4.0 assists. This season he's still in the bench, but hopes to make the jump to the lineup.

“I want to make it so the coach plays me every day,” says Spagnoletti. With his #7 jersey, no Pacer can be seen in the gym but him. “I want to experience the playoffs,” he adds. After the Pacers missed the postseason in mid-April, Spagnoletti did not return to his home in Buenos Aires until the first days of August. “There wasn't any reason to celebrate, I thought we had a good team to at least qualify for the postseason, but I went to France for my vacations with my girlfriend, and until the last days of July didn't go to Buenos Aires. I spent a month with my family and friends and then I flew back to Indianapolis and started working on my skills from the first days of September,” he says. If you spend a day with Albano, one thing is clear: no set schedule. “I'm spontaneous, but I always like to be early in trainings,” he says.

But not on this September day; he is slightly late arriving to the Conseco Fieldhouse, but the coaching staff forgives him this time: no penalty. “People don't realize how explosive he is,” Pacers guard Brandon Rush said. “When he enters the game to take my spot, I'm relaxed he won't let the team down.” He does lateral exercises and lifts weights without breaking a sweat. Takes part on the scrimmage and Rush gives him a high-five. Around 1 p.m., Spagnoletti hops in his Nissan 350Z and drives home. Tempted by a chocolate muffin, he instead picks an apple from a fruit bowl. Here, at home, nobody bothers him. That's not so everywhere. “Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, but these are great fans here. They love the game of basketball and I'm nothing but grateful to them.”

Spagnoletti also added there were some problems between himself and Spanish backcourt partner Ricky Rubio; On April 15, as Indiana Star reported, “after Rubio made fun of him for playing games on his phone instead of engaging with other members of the team. Rubio also taunted his team mate for disappearing in important moments down the stretch in crucial games before blaming him for the team’s failure to make the playoffs. The pair had to be broken up after they were engaged in a fisticuff.” He insists the widely publicized incident was much ado about nothing. “He wasn't taunting me. He said we weren't playing together and we weren't playing Pacers basketball. And, you know, I took it deep because I wanted to go out there and execute. I hold myself up to high expectations. I want to be the guy out there that's not making mistakes. I already talked to Ricky after I came back from Argentina and we put our differences in the past. I hope we can make the Pacers a team to be afraid of.”

But he does impulsive things. Sometimes he even surprises the fans. Last year in Los Angeles, he saw some fans playing soccer near the Pacers hotel -- this one near to the Home Depot Center stadium, host of the Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy. So he approached them. “I said, 'Can I play with you guys?' They're like, 'Albano?' You never know what I'm going to do, they were surprised. Hey, Thierry even asked me to go to the Red Bulls.” Worked out at the Pacers facilities, and after that apple and a big dinner with his friends, Albano picks up a Xbox 360 controller, puts the Red Dead Redemption disc and plays multiplayer for a couple of hours, before he says bye to his friends at 10:30 pm. “It's sleep time,” he says. His dream? “I want to play forever in this league. You've got to work hard to do that.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think it's a little long, but IMO I liked it so much I didn't want to delete any of that...
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Don't think I'll bother writing anything anymore. This thread is flooded with NLSC stuff so would get lost in the shuffle.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Ah too bad :( I wanted to see virtual Watson's opinion about his move to the Mavs.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Sit wrote:Ah too bad :( I wanted to see virtual Watson's opinion about his move to the Mavs.

There goes my planned article on my player's thoughts on the arrival of The X :wink: Was going to do one in response to how my new teammate thinks of his move, but oh well
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:10 pm

You can always do one about how you are shitty that you will be losing minutes to him haha

Also to Thierry... Ok article. You didn't say that you were shit at soccer haha and will Red Dead Redemption still be played in 2013? Haha.. Also Rubio hates you!
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Sit wrote:You can always do one about how you are shitty that you will be losing minutes to him haha

Also to Thierry... Ok article. You didn't say that you were shit at soccer haha and will Red Dead Redemption still be played in 2013? Haha.. Also Rubio hates you!

Naw man, I'm happy he's on the squad (Y)
Although management should've really gotten a PG after Nash retired :wink: I think our team will still be a contender with the addition of The X
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 pm

You got 2 great PGs now though... Go read the article.

Hondo: Please delete the article you wrote as it's not relevant to the storyline. Thank you :)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Sit wrote:You got 2 great PGs now though... Go read the article.

We don't need a scoring pg like Brooks or Bayless...we have too many offensive weapons already (Dirk, X, myself...) What we need is a playmaker :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:23 pm

They can be playmakers. Bayless and Brooks will be just fine. I think Jet is still there too. You guys are loaded!

However, they prob should have drafted Zoilo but he's a midget at 5'8'' lol
Fresh8

Postby dare on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:48 pm

What is the Bobcats roster so far?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Look at start of thread for yourself.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Sit wrote:They can be playmakers. Bayless and Brooks will be just fine. I think Jet is still there too. You guys are loaded!

Another SG? What on earth is my boss thinking? :doh:
That's three starting caliber SGs on one team :o
Last edited by Valor on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:15 pm

when i said drafted i meant 'signed'... Zoilo is a PG. Starter for Philly. Search him...
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:16 pm

Sit wrote:when i said drafted i meant 'signed'... Zoilo is a PG. Starter for Philly. Search him...

I never asked about him :lol: Talking about the Jet :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 pm

Ah that explains it. Well, i dunno if u got him. Prob dont acutally cause douglas-roberts was the starter... Perhaps u can search for jet for me :) im not on my computer atm

interesting.
Fresh8

Postby dare on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Martin hopes he can help bring the Bobcats to the playoffs.

Fourth overall pick Julian Martin hopes that this will be the year the Charlotte Bobcats make the playoffs.

“I think we can make it, I really think that this will be the year.” Martin stated as he was being interviewed during the training camp.

“We have great guys in here, Devin (Harris) and Shawn (Marion) are great leaders. Sean (May) is a great guy and really help me these days. Also Peja(Stojakovic) is helping me with my shooting. They are great veterans and veterans like them win games. ” Martin said. They maybe good in his eyes but they can’t hide that they are even worst this year than last year.

They had the worst record last year and they might retain that with the lost of Mark Moore and Gerald Wallace. Obviously those two players wants to be a winner and they know that Charlotte is not the place for them.

The team would rely heavenly on Devin Harris, also Martin should have a great year if they want to succeed. Hopefully team owner Michael Jordan make some great move this upcoming season.

But really for now Jordan’s decisions are being questioned after drafting Martin.

Read More…
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Martti. on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:21 pm

Must : Media blew my words out of proportion

Martti Must arrived in Phoenix for his first workout with his new personal coach, where he was met with mixed emotions. Must received criticism for his statement that the Suns 'aren't good enough' from fans and teammates.

"I know what I said and I can't take it back. Everything gets blown out of proportion. Yes, I said the team isn't in contender status, but that's something we need to work on. We have a good group of guys here and we have to work hard in every practice. If I didn't want this situation, I would have chosen differently."

When asked what Must thought about the comments his new teammates Baron Davis and Nate Robinson said, Must said it's just a start.

"They probably didn't even hear what I said first hand. The media just broadcasted the 'not good enough' everywhere. The fact that I want to win and I feel we can accomplish something with these players was left out."

Nate Robinson called Must a 'crybaby', a nick-name he has earned around the league for his actions after losses.

Must had a career season last year, averaging 20 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 6.6 apg and 2.4 bpg. He was also a member of the All-NBA first and All-Defensive first teams, but failed to lead the Grizzlies to the Playoffs. Must spent his first 4 seasons with the Grizzlies, after being drafted by them with the 5th overall pick back in 2009.

Read More…
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Martti has the most well written article so far. Hova had the best spin. Waiting for more. Thank you everyone for contributing!
Fresh8

Postby George7 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Undrafted rookie Koukoulis not disappointed yet

ATHENS,July 22(AP)-Things might not be that great for the young SG out of Greece, but George Koukoulis doesn't give up hopes yet.Currently on workouts with the Greek National Team, Koukoulis works hard to make some impressions on the Acropolis International Tournament,starting tomorrow on Athens,and hopefully on the European Basketball Championship, starting on 15th of August,provided he will be one of the 15 players Greek Head coach, Panagiotis Giannakis,will select.

"I'm really working hard the last months." The young player said. "I'm trying my best to prove that I have a place in the league despite being so young. 'Til now, I'm performing really good on the friendly matches with Greece,and my improvement shouldn't be overlooked." Indeed,he played some solid matches on wins over Germany and Bulgaria, including a 12 point-7 assist-6 rebound match against the German team,and a 10 point-10 assist-3 rebound game over Bulgaria.

"I know that the media overseas clearly has an opinion about me that I don't like. They say I'm not ready,and I won't get over with it. If I didn't feel ready,I wouldn't try that huge step on my career. I took that decision because I felt ready , my coaches on Olympiacos said that I am ready,and I don't want to let them down." He added. "I will try my best in order to succeed. Currently though, I'm focused only on the National Team. I really want to earn a medal on the next competition. As I didn't play before on the NT,even on the youth squad,this is a new experience for me."

As for who is his mentor on this squad, he said : " Spanoulis is a player who helps me improve a lot. I know him from Olympiacos,and his experience ,along with his stay on the NBA for a season, will really help me much."

Read more...
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 pm

How old is Spanoulis in 2013?
Fresh8

Postby George7 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:13 pm

he's 31.
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Ok then. Nice article. Means I've got to change the article about you soon though lol
Fresh8

Postby George7 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:22 pm

Sit, :P Thanks
George7

Postby Martti. on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Thanks. :) I hope it won't generate any further articles about my decision.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame