A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Offseason Recap + NLSCer Article

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:38 pm

puttincomputers wrote:will you be doing a complete draft summary?

No.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Improve Your Player and All-NEW Player Influence

Last chance for you guys to improve your players before the All-Star break. Please PM me your requests. Ensure that you know what attributes exist in 2K9!

Improve Your Player

Every participant has a certain number of points that they will be able to use on improving attributes of their virtual player. You only have one chance to use all these points so don’t waste your points (i.e. any leftover points are not able to be brought forward to the next tipping competition).

For every Skill-based attribute, it costs you 4 points in order to improve that certain attribute by 1. For every Physical-based attribute, it costs you 8 points in order to improve that certain attribute.

Skill-based attributes are skills like shooting, dribbling, passing, rebounding, etc. Physical-based attributes includes attributes like strength, speed, endurance, as well as mental attributes such as awareness. If you are unsure whether the attribute you want to include is a skill-based or physical-based one, you are able to post and pose your question.

A quick example of how to let me know how you want to improve your player:

Player: 75 points
Three point shooting + 5 (20 points)
Mid range shooting + 4 (16 points)
Layup + 3 (12 points)
Stamina + 3 (24 points)
3 Points left over that cannot be spent

All-NEW Grinch Effect

The Grinch will be able to deduct points that you have earned in the competitions so that you are unable to use them. I have decided that the Grinch will not be able to lower your ratings as it is more work for me. It is easier to deduct points before you can use them.

Every 1 point that the Grinch earns works out as 2 negative points. He can use negative points to deduct points that others have earned.

However, he is at liberty to use his points to improve the ratings of any player as well.

That is why the Grinch Effect is the wildcard of this interactive experience!

All-NEW Player Influence

Here is a brand new scheme that gives you more control over the fortunes of your virtual player.

Complain About Role On Team: 100 points
Demand Trade: 200 points
Demand Trade and Request Destination: 250 points

For Free Agents Only

Choose a preferred destination: 80 points
Choose 2 preferred destinations: 120 points
Choose 3 preferred destinations: 150 points

The points listed are minimum values. The more points you spend, the stronger your request will be. If you don’t like being a benchwarmer, you can complain about your role. The more points you use, the stronger your complaint will be. It may result in a teammate being traded away or you forcing your way into the starting five. For example, spend 150 points to complain about your role and you are more likely to succeed with your complaint than spending just 100 points.

If you don’t like your team, spend at least 200 points to demand a trade. To ensure your trade demand does not fall upon deaf ears, spend more points to get your point across.

There are no guarantees that your player’s wishes will be heard and the only way to get past this is to spend more points.

You can accumulate points during any time of the season by participating in contests and also by posting articles that provide a different view of my story. These points may be cashed in: at the conclusion of the postseason, before the regular season begins and All-Star weekend.

Prospects can only use their points during the preseason/before the regular season.

Good luck!

Points (Pending Grinch Effect)

Playoff predictions, awards predictions and other points have all been accounted for. As you will see below, all those who participated in the ‘random’ contests or posting articles have the most points. You can still post articles if you wish!

Martti. 167
Houndy 167
Thierry 110
Eirsej 148
De8 124
Chriso0 165
King Dee 137
Clutch 110
Megarover 95
Cartar 82
Mark. 55
Z02 75
Kaiser_Kobe: 60
Mandich: 10
NewC: 5
Shadowgrinch: 10 (Only one to get points for this past challenge. No one generated discussion... Grinch made me laugh)
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Pm sent
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:09 pm

|)e8* wrote:Pm sent

Cheers! Got it. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:14 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Bosh Traded To Heat

MIAMI, September 20 (AP) – On the eve of NBA teams starting training camp, the Miami Heat and Toronto Raptors have agreed on a trade that will send All-Star PF Chris Bosh to South Beach. The Heat have agreed to deal SG JR Smith, PG Luke Ridnour and two future first round draft picks for Bosh.

Bosh, 29, is an 11 year pro and averaged 25 ppg, 10 rpg last season for the Raptors. He has played for Toronto over his entire career but has been embroiled in trade rumours for the past 4 to 5 seasons. Bosh is excited about playing alongside All-Stars Michael Beasley and Dwyane Wade, “It’s great. I’ve played with both of these guys before. I’ve played with Wade for Team USA. We know how each other plays.”

Smith is a high scoring journeyman who averaged 24.4 ppg last season. The 27 year old 10 year pro is expected to start for Toronto and give PG Chris Hova another scoring option to work with. Smith will be excited to be the second scoring option behind rookie and first pick Coby Clark. Ridnour is a 32 year old veteran who has been brought in to back up Hova. The Raptors are reportedly to be involved in a separate deal that will send PG Jose Calderon to the LA Lakers.

Read More…
Fresh8

Postby dare on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Some realistic trade out there, when will Lebron take his talent to southbeach?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Alpha_ on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:11 pm

dare wrote:Some realistic trade out there, when will Lebron take his talent to southbeach?

I was about to say that. lol haha. Let's see if Wade-Bosh tandem will work.
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby Martti. on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:14 pm

Go Miami. I would've preferred a Bosh-Wade duo in Miami IRL.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Don't forget Michael Beasley who has blossomed into an All-star. Miami doesn't need Lebron.
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:58 pm

Hova, Clark give Raptors hope for 2013 campaign

TORONTO September 21 (CP) – Chris Hova and rookie Coby Clark are already working together for more than three weeks and seemed very self-confident as the Raptors' training camp started yesterday.

"We are really clicking, in all my years in Toronto we have not had such a special player like Coby (Clark)", Hova stated as the Raptors introduced their training camp roster to the media.

"Chris (Bosh) ... I mean, he was awesome, he's a good guy, but I've always said he does not lift this team to the Playoffs and he didn't", Hova described the situation last year, where the Raptors again failed to make it to the postseason with Bosh being their franchise player.

Now that Bosh got traded to Miami in exchange for the 27-year old swingman JR Smith and veteran point guard Luke Ridnour, it seems like a new era has began for the only canadian franchise in the NBA.

"I have never worked as hard during offseason as I did this summer", Hova said, who is said to be hitting the gym every day for more than four hours and also disclaimed playing for Germany past summer.

"Me and Coby, we ran drills in Derek Fisher's training camp and it really helped us to get to know each other", the german point guard described his latest activities. The ex-Laker veteran Fisher's (retired 2012) training camps have a very good reputation of being professional and also training how to understand the game better.

"I love being in Toronto, playing alongside Chris (Hova) and these other guys, I think we can make some noise in the East and make it to the postseason", an optimistic Coby Clark said while signing autographs.

The only problem in Toronto could be the unsatisfying situation of Spaniard Jose Calderon, who has not yet arrived in training camp after playing at the 2013 European Championship for his home country.

Calderon's name has been part of many trade rumours recently.

Read More…
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Crybaby Must...Miami Trade...

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:14 pm

I loved the article man. Did Fish really retire in 2012? :lol: Well, you showed great research man. Loved it. The entire article was great read. Really appreciate it man. This is what I aim for when I ask for sub,issions. Best NLSCer article so far. :)
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 pm

I'll probably write one too about my statement. I doubt it'll be as great as hova's, but I''ll give it a shot.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:52 pm

Can't wait for your response Martti!
Fresh8

Postby George7 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:53 pm

Davis:Must has to be a professional

PHOENIX,July 21(AP).A huge concern was raised into the Suns' organization, for newly signed PF out of North Carolina, Martti Must, after his controversial words,about his concerns for Suns' potential this season. There have been several players from the team,who are really frustrated with the Estonian,and some of them decided to talk on the press about this matter.

Suns starting PG,and a respectable player on the league, Baron Davis, decided to talk in deep about his thought on this matter,on ESPN.com.

"I'm really surprised with this kid" Said the veteran out of UCLA. "I believed that he moved to Phoenix because he knew he could do something great with this team. But after his statement on the press today (w.n.:yesterday), I really feel that he has an attitude which belongs to an amateur,not a professional player. If he signed only because there was a possibility Tyson would sign as well,then he did a mistake." He added clearly irritated. "If he doesn't think we can be successful then he shouldn't be coming here. Phoenix Suns is an organization who takes care of all it's members,and who is currently on a rebuilding stage,working hard and getting ready for a new season.We're not losers here.We're doing our best in order to win,and if he doesn't share the same spirit,he won't fit in here"

Davis concluded his little interview with a statement." Mr. Must , you have to act professionally ,and give your best in order to help this team win.Otherwise, demanding a trade won't be a bad idea"

It's still unknown how the solid PF will react on those late talks about himself and on the harsh comments from his new teammates,especially from Baron Davis and Nate Robinson, with the second calling Marrti Must "a crybaby". It's speculated that Must's reply will come on the next hours

Read More...

gave a shot on an article about the off-season :mrgreen:

I might try an article about my draftee as well. Is there anything new with him?
Last edited by George7 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
George7

Postby Eirsej on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:57 pm

I sent my pm. :D
Eirsej

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 am

If you can Sit, when you have time, post an article of how the Pacers are entering the season and then I can give it a shot too. :wink: And PLEASE, tell me my jersey number!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:03 am

George7, Only Nate called him a crybaby? I thought that's what he's known as around the entire league now :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:37 am

I actually thought hova's blurb was done by Sit, that's how well I was written. Wouldn't have noticed unless Sit said something :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby George7 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:45 am

Valor, Just wanted to show how pissed Nate was with Martti.! :P
George7

Postby hova- on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:57 am

Actually I did not think my article was all that good, but glad that you like it ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:19 am

I do like it because it's to the point and no showboating. :) I hate it when everyone writes their virtual player as a superstar or having the potential to be one. The only ones who haven't done it are you and The X.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:37 am

Admittedly though Sit, when you have your NLSC-er in other Associations/Dynasties, you write stuff as if they are a superstar or the one, so you can't be too hard on people that do it in yours :lol:

Anyways, at work at the mo. Got an idea for a quick, small article on my player. Just a matter of finding the time to do it. Maybe tonight if I'm lucky :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:38 am

The X wrote:Admittedly though Sit, when you have your NLSC-er in other Associations/Dynasties, you write stuff as if they are a superstar or the one, so you can't be too hard on people that do it in yours :lol:

Anyways, at work at the mo. Got an idea for a quick, small article on my player. Just a matter of finding the time to do it. Maybe tonight if I'm lucky :P

Ah but that's only because I'm a true star! :P Don't forget that I am better than Lebron in real life. :lol:
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Houndy on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:59 am

Zolio Resurrection not welcoming to Rookie Lewis

The star point guard of the 76ers, Zolio Resurrection has stated that he is not liking the 76ers' first round pick, Willie Lewis.

"I mean, for a kid picked 23rd? He talks too much. Someone needs to get him some duct tape, because we don't need some kid with a big ego ruining our team. We're a playoff team, not some team that needs a hero."

Ever since Willie Lewis' comments about Woody Hannes surfaced, many people have criticized him for his trash talking. But Lewis, 21, has not spoken to the Media ever since his rookie Press Conference, where he said that he hopes to work with the Superstar Point Guard in establishing a friendship-at least on the court.

"He may not like me, I may not like him. As long as we don't drag this onto the court, it isn't a big deal. See what's happening in Seattle? That's a big deal."

When asked about minutes, Lewis simply responded, "I can play the 2."

The 76ers, who were sweeped by the Nets, are in attack mode, trying to bring the hopes of a title to Philly. With Andre Igoudala, Elton Brand, and Resurrection, the team hopes for a more successful playoff run.

"You know, if Zolio and Willie can't get along, this is going to be a long season." said Vince Carter.

"They need to get together, have a beer, and talk about getting this team to a championship." said Elton Brand, who has clearly stated that he is excited this year.

Friend of Resurrection and Mavericks player Kenneth Dela Cruz has called out Lewis, calling him, 'Cocky, ignorant, and plain stupid.'

But in surprise, Andre Igoudala defended Lewis.

"I don't want some idiot with no knowledge of what's going on to be taunting my teammate. I don't care if he made some comments about a writer, if you wanna talk crap about my teammates, you're asking for it."
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 am

Sorry, forgot to add in the above recap that Zoilo has left and gone to Boston. The Sixers don't have anyone at starting PG atm. WIllie Lewis might even get to be a surprise starter. So you should change your article Hondo. (Y) Good effort though.

Sixers have Vince Carter, Andre Iguodala. They lost starting C (to Cleveland), PF (to Washington)and PG (To Boston).
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame