A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Tyson/Chance To Earn Player Point

Postby The X on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Sit wrote:
The X wrote:
Sit wrote:
Martti. wrote:This will be an important season for Seattle. I'm surprised Ty stayed as a Stealth, I guess Magic had something to do with it. :)

I sort of cheated with that. Didn't want to lose Tyson. :P

Boo (N) That's real disappointing to hear. Taints it for me a little. Hope Ty breaks a leg in season opener (N)

Oh well. I had to because it would have been unrealistic if he just bailed despite me being able to offer more money and more years. Not to mention to go to a team like Phoenix.

Also, Chara was signing in whacky places despite coming off a title. :roll:

Okay, 2k9 is dodgy then if Chara is signing elsewhere. Tyson in Phoenix however isn't so bad. It's not turrible, that's for sure :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:
The X wrote:
Sit wrote:
Martti. wrote:This will be an important season for Seattle. I'm surprised Ty stayed as a Stealth, I guess Magic had something to do with it. :)

I sort of cheated with that. Didn't want to lose Tyson. :P

Boo (N) That's real disappointing to hear. Taints it for me a little. Hope Ty breaks a leg in season opener (N)

Oh well. I had to because it would have been unrealistic if he just bailed despite me being able to offer more money and more years. Not to mention to go to a team like Phoenix.

Also, Chara was signing in whacky places despite coming off a title. :roll:

Okay, 2k9 is dodgy then if Chara is signing elsewhere. Tyson in Phoenix however isn't so bad. It's not turrible, that's for sure :cool:

My hand was sort of forced. As you will soon see, the logic of 2K9 is pretty bad... Boston ended up with 3 star PGs.

EDIT: I'm working on team and player ranking articles. Hopefully won't be too long of a wait in between my Offseason roundup and those articles I'm writing. :) Once all are finished, the 2013-14 season begins!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby |)e8* on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:51 pm

- Who is the man? KD (28ppg) or Ty (23ppg, 5rpg,5apg)? Durant even though he is a dick
- Will Sit make any moves or is the team good as it is? More moves, one or two trades
- Is David Lee a flop as a Stealth player (has not reached double digit rebound average in any season on the team)? Yes, trade this guy!!
- Will Bogut be an All-Star again? Yup
- Will Kidd's body hold up? Well he was injured in the playoffs, and he is getting old so no
- Will Adam Morrison be a better fit than Trevor Ariza? His stache is better than Ariza
- Will the Stealth be as successful with Karl at the helm? How many wins?Yes, 59 wins
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Tyson Signs.

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Who is the man? KD (28ppg) or Ty (23ppg, 5rpg,5apg)?
- I will go against the flow and say it's Ty's time now. Fresh off a max deal and adding another year on his belt he should be able to continue to blossom and take over the team from Kevin "Dickhead" Durant (Y)

Will Sit make any moves or is the team good as it is?
- I reckon a minor deal here or there will make the team better, but mainly the same team should be good

Is David Lee a flop as a Stealth player (has not reached double digit rebound average in any season on the team)?
- No, the level of talent he's playing with is too much. In the case of rebounding, there's Andrew Bogut sharing the front court with him, the wing players Durant and Tyson can both grab boards and lets not forget about the triple double machine in Jason Kidd. Lee is doing just fine

Will Bogut be an All-Star again?
- If no injuries and no different in the system, yes

Will Kidd's body hold up?
- In limited minutes and perhaps even a bench role, yes

Will Adam Morrison be a better fit than Trevor Ariza?
- Hard to say, the Stealth loses a ton of defense from Ariza but having a good shooter to space the floor and allow the others to drive to the basket is important

Will the Stealth be as successful with Karl at the helm? How many wins?
- Karl is still a very good coach and it shouldn't be much different from last season, I say 58 wins
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:43 pm

2013 Offseason Recap

Retiring Players

Name, Position, Years Pro, Age

Marcus Camby C, 17 years, 37
Bobby Jackson PG, 16 years, 40
Grant Hill SF, 19 years, 40
Matt Harpring SF, 15 years, 37
Shaquille O’Neal C, 21 years, 41
Cuttino Mobley SG, 15 years, 38
Steve Nash PG, 17 years, 39
Michael Doleac C, 15 years, 36

Retiring Coaches

Maurice Cheeks, Sixers, 12 years
Nate McMillan, Blazers, 13 years
Mike Brown, Cavs, 8 years

2013 NBA Draft

1. Toronto selects C Coby Clark (Kentucky)
2. Detroit selects G Sam Slater (George Washington)
3. San Antonio selects SG Christian Bullard (Pepperdine)
4. Charlotte selects SG Julian Martin (UCLA)
5. Boston selects PG Flo Ruf (Germany)

For Draft Analysis, click here.

Seattle Stealth Transactions

Seattle signs and trades SF Trevor Ariza for SF Adam MorrisonRead More…
Seattle signs PG Jason KiddRead More…
Seattle signs SG Allen IversonRead More…
Seattle drafts PF Jamaal Garrett, SF Peter Carpenter, SG Rich TylerRead More…
Seattle signs SG Reshawn TysonRead More…

Free Agency

Mavs Upgrades Raises Title Hopes

July 15 2013, DALLASAndrew Watson was swayed by Steve Nash and the Dallas Mavericks at the last minute. ‘The X’ could not say no to a shot at winning an NBA championship and signed a 4 year deal worth 45 million dollars to lend his services to the Mavs. Dallas also signed Aaron Brooks for 3 years on a 30 million dollar deal.

“After my run with Denver (Nuggets) when I first got to the league, I have to say that winning an NBA championship has always been an aim for me,” Watson explained, “I did want to commit to the (Houston) Rockets but I have to apologize to them. I don’t have much time left in my career and this was too hard to say no to.” The 32 year old 10th pick of the 2009 NBA Draft will slide into the starting 2-guard spot alongside Jerryd Bayless in the Mavs backcourt. Watson holds career averages of 18.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.7 apg, .460 FG% and .400 3PT%.

Watson will be joined by former Rockets PG Brooks. The 28 year old is coming off a season with the New York Knicks and is relishing a chance to play back up to Bayless. “The Mavs have got a good squad,” Brooks said, “I’m looking forward to being a part of what may be ahead.”

Although losing Nash to retirement, the Mavs have a shot at contending for a championship. Bayless has always been a stellar sixth man in his Blazers and Mavs days and should fill in Nash’s shoes competently. Watson is the shooting guard that the Mavs have needed for so long. Dirk Nowitzki may still be a shadow of his old self but he is still a capable scorer. Hedo Turkoglu can still shoot from range and spread the floor while Samuel Dalambert is a solid presence on the boards and in the paint. The old age is balanced out with fresh legs in defensive player of the year candidate Kenneth Dela Cruz and promising prospect Leo Lai.

Read More…

Defending Champs Sign Chara, Lewis

July 15 2013, SACRAMENTOMoses Chara, unsurprisingly, resigned with the Sacramento Kings for the max 6-year 120 million dollar deal allowed. The surprising pickup of the Summer was Rashard Lewis and a move that is sure to make the Kings favorites to repeat as NBA champions. The title team remains intact but for the addition of veteran sharpshooter Lewis.

The 34 year old will enter his 17th NBA season and is likely to come off the bench for the Kings. The Kings anticipate for Lewis to play the role that starting SG Michael Redd used to play: come off the bench and knock down shots. Lewis has averaged 18.6 ppg over his 16 year career; his first 9 seasons with the Seattle Sonics and the last 6 with the Orlando Magic.

Lewis was excited with the switch, “I weighed it all up and decided that the Kings give me the best shot to win a title. I’m happy to join the defending champions.” Lewis signed a 2 year deal with the Kings.

Read More…

Cleveland Finally Adds Another Big

July 15 2013, CLEVELAND – The Cleveland Cavaliers come off their demoralizing defeat in the 2013 NBA Finals with a consolation prize in the form of 7’2” C Byron Brock. The signing of Brock has reignited the passion and fanfare in the city; talk of a championship has just begun again.

“The people of Cleveland never stop dreaming of winning a title,” Lebron James said, “Adding Brock and (Terrell) Hicks are definitely the right moves. It’s a shame to see Boobie (Daniel Gibson) go but we are getting two great guys into the ball club. This is without a doubt an important move to keep up with the rest of the league.”

Brock joins the Cavs on a 5 year, 81 million dollar deal. Brock was drafted by the Knicks in 2009 with the number 4 pick but off-court issues forced him to be traded to the Philadelphia 76ers before his second season began. The 25 year old has slowly improved and averaged 9.5 ppg and 7.7 rpg last season. He is expected to form a helluva 1-2 punch in the paint for the Cavs with Joakim Noah.

Cleveland also added the 11th pick of the 2009 Draft, SG Terrell Hicks, whom was not wanted back by the Toronto Raptors. Hicks felt betrayed by the team that drafted and developed him, “It’s their loss if they don’t want me back. I’ve moved onto better things with this ball team here.” The 6’6” Hicks will come off the bench for the Cavs who were intrigued with his shooting ability (.410 3PT%) as he seemingly replaces Daniel Gibson.

Read More…

Moore Stays Loyal To Hornets

JULY 15 2013, NEW ORLEANSMark Moore, 26, was tempted to sign with the Memphis Grizzlies but instead chose to be loyal and stick with the New Orleans Hornets after they had saved him from the Charlotte Bobcats in the middle of the last season. Moore has averaged 17.8 ppg and 4.6 apg over his 4 year NBA career after being drafted by the Bobcats in 2009 with the 9th overall draft pick.

Read More…

Suns Settle For Martti Must

JULY 15 2013, PHOENIX – Estonian PF Martti Must brushed off suggestions that he was not content with being the Phoenix Suns’ consolation prize, “Reshawn (Tyson) is a great player. I used to play with him at North Carolina. He’s a good friend and I don’t mind being second to him.”

Must was able to sign a 5 year, 86 million dollar deal with the Suns after Tyson had said no to the same team. Must left the Memphis Grizzlies after 4 seasons and being picked by the franchise in 2009. The 25 year old had a career year last season: 20 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 6.6 apg, 2.4 bpg. He is hoping to continue with that form with the Suns as he lines up alongside former All-Star Baron Davis.

“I told my agent that I wanted to play with at least one other All-Star,” Must said, “Baron has all the experience and the tools to help me. I think I can also help him and the Suns get back to the playoffs.”

Read More…

Other Notable Signings

Elton Brand signs with the Washington Wizards for 2 years/13m…
Chris Wilcox replaces Brand in Philadelphia on a 4 year/40m contract…
Daniel Gibson is looking to play in Europe after the Cavs refused to offer him the money he wanted…
Andray Blatche signs a 5 year deal for the Memphis Grizzlies…
Gerald Wallace heads to Orlando…

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Offseason Recap

Postby Houndy on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:19 pm

Go Mavs!
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Alpha_ on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Good acquisitions for the Cavs! (Y)
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby hova- on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Wow, the X on the Mavs with Dirk, that must be the team I'm rooting for this season. (Seattle-Dallas Conference Finals).

Other than that, some decent signings here and there, Noah and Hicks will be interesting, I honestly did not know Hicks before.

Good stuff, keep it coming (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby |)e8* on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:47 pm

I have to battle Brand for starter position :/
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby George7 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 am

Nice moves for Seattle there securing Ty!!

As it seems my player is still without team...
George7

Postby Mandich on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:30 am

- Who is the man? At this point Durant, who knows maybe things will change next season, but for now, KD is no.1 on your team , he just gets it done
- I think there will be a trade but Ty is too good for you to trade him
- A little bit disappointed in David Lee, I'm expecting a trade for a big man
- I don't think Bogut will be an all-star. Ty will need more space to blossom into a true superstar so it means less touches for Bogut
- Yes, the guy was rock solid throughout his whole career. Reduced numbers for sure, but with this team it won't be a big problem
- Not a chance, Ariza is a defensive stopper and a good shooter from beyond the arc, he can be a good player off the bench at best
- I'm predicting 52-57 wins and a trip to the NBA finals, but i don't expect you to win it yet, I think you are aiming to make Ty's story very similar to Jordan's. And he didn't win his first ring until his 7 th season
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Martti. on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:35 am

So Barkley settled for me.. Not sure the Suns are the team that will make a deep Playoff push. What's the rest of their roster like?
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:45 am

So much for me getting a starting spot this season...oh well, I welcome a seasoned veteran like The X (Y) Hope he can mentor me into a better player
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:14 am

Can't wait for a Barkley-Martti article :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:29 am

Crybaby Must, you are flanked by Baron Davis, Leandro Barbosa, Nate Robinson, Jason Richardson in he backcourt. Can't think of who is in the frontcourt but they desperately needed you. Look on page 10-12 and you should see their roster... Most of it is intact. Phoenix aren't bad, you will make them better.
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:34 am

Surprised to see myself in Dallas. I guess Steve Nash got into my ear in the off-season. I've got a feeling money came into it. That's a big deal & sets me up financially for the rest of my life. I'm guessing with the great talent that the Rockets added that they weren't going to pony up that sort of cash & length of deal, right? Should be interesting how the season goes.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:42 am

The X wrote:Surprised to see myself in Dallas. I guess Steve Nash got into my ear in the off-season. I've got a feeling money came into it. That's a big deal & sets me up financially for the rest of my life. I'm guessing with the great talent that the Rockets added that they weren't going to pony up that sort of cash & length of deal, right? Should be interesting how the season goes.

I think the Rockets offered a larger contract. You must have opted fo a chance to win a title. The Mavs split their cap space between you and Brooks which was actually a smart move. I was impressed with the logic. Don't know why you didn't stay in Houston but the move to Dallas makes sense.

Dallas has a great team.

Hova - the Cavs signed Brock. Noah was there last season. Brock used to play for Philly who are now fucked cause they lost three starters: Brock, Ressurreccion and Brand. :S
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Tyson Signs.

Postby megarover on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:03 am

- Who is the man? KD (28ppg) or Ty (23ppg, 5rpg,5apg)? Durant is undoubtedly still the man in my book. Durant hasn't even hit 30 yet and is in his prime. Ty is a lot like Pippen or a younger Kobe in the way that he brings an all around approach to the game. He isn't as good as a rebounder or passer as Pippen and not as talented offensively as Kobe but hopefully he will improve in those areas. One thing for sure is he is one heck of a second option.
    - Will Sit make any moves or is the team good as it is? I think you should move Lee. I was very high on his signing but he just isn't getting it done.His best attribute scoring is redunant on a team with Durant, Tyson and Iverson and he doesn't seem to show up in big games anyways.. Some moves should probably be made to get him off your hands. Maybe Bosh, Must or perhaps even STAT!
    - Is David Lee a flop as a Stealth player (has not reached double digit rebound average in any season on the team)? Do you have to ask. **** YEA
    - Will Bogut be an All-Star again? I see no reason not. A capable scoring in the post and a nice defender usually earns you an All-Star selection
    - Will Kidd's body hold up? Keep his minutes low and gradually bring up your young PG's and I see no reason not.
    - Will Adam Morrison be a better fit than Trevor Ariza? I dont really think so but I've always been a big Ariza fan since his stint in LA. In 09 I felt he was a major reason we won the title while at the same time Stache was sitting on the bench cutting his toenails. He is great in the open court while being a solid shooter and nice man defender. What else do you want from a role player?
    - Will the Stealth be as successful with Karl at the helm? How many wins?
With a team this talented the only way they aren't successful is if the team plane crashes. I'm predicting 58 wins for this team.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:19 am

I expect a Heat-Like situation. Karl will suck, and you will take over
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Houndy wrote:I expect a Heat-Like situation. Karl will suck, and you will take over

If I was going to be Head Coach, why was I booted out in the first place? You should really think before you post. :P
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:21 pm

If you sorta read my comment, I said that you would takeover midseason..
Houndy

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:22 pm

Willie Lewis, a future GM he ain't. That's for sure.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:27 pm

shadowGrinch wrote:Willie Lewis, a future GM he ain't. That's for sure.

Agreed. (Y)

:lol:

Hondo, you should read my post and interpret it. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Must: Suns Not Good Enough

PHOENIX, July 20 (AP) – Newly signed PF Martti Must may have claimed that he was confident and excited about joining Phoenix but sources have revealed that it may all be a charade. In what will be disappointing for Suns fans, the Estonian All-Star has allegedly said, "(I am) not sure the Suns are the team that will make a deep Playoff push." This has caused anger amongst the senior playing ranks at the ball club with All-Star guard Baron Davis being one of many voicing displeasure at their new team mate's attitude.

"If he doesn't think we can be successful then he shouldn't be coming here," Davis told a reporter on the phone. SF Jason Richardson also responded to a question for his thoughts, "I think that if he wants to have a whinge then he should have stayed with the (Memphis) Grizzlies. We work hard here in Phoenix and if he think we're losers then he shouldn't come here. Wait till we see him for training camp." PG Leandro Barbosa, in Brazil with his national team, was shocked that Must would say such a thing, "I though he was a professional."

Perhaps the harshest jibe was that of PG Nate Robinson who stated, "Maybe the crybaby needs his dummy."

Suns General Manager Charles Barkley could not be reached for comment. The Suns Organization explained that he was away for the opening of a new Las Vegas casino.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Offseason Recap + NLSCer Article

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:11 pm

- Who is the man? KD (28ppg) or Ty (23ppg, 5rpg,5apg)? Ty, since he is a team player
- Will Sit make any moves or is the team good as it is? Sit will make at least 1 move. I predict 2.
- Is David Lee a flop as a Stealth player (has not reached double digit rebound average in any season on the team)? NO!
- Will Bogut be an All-Star again? Possibly. But not likely, he is getting older now.
- Will Kidd's body hold up? Yes, his injury was a fluke due to the NBA's Brett Favre.
- Will Adam Morrison be a better fit than Trevor Ariza? No, he will be one of the players that I would put on the trading block.
- Will the Stealth be as successful with Karl at the helm? How many wins? Yes, 74

will you be doing a complete draft summary?
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame