Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Game: NBA 2K11
Platform: PC

Settings

Difficulty
All-Star

Game Style
Simulation

Quarter Length/Sim Quarter Length
Combine: 5 minutes
Summer League: 10 minutes
NBA/D-League: 12 minutes

Vitals

First Name: Kenny
Last Name: Young
Nickname: Skinny
Height: 6'5
Weight: 170lbs
Jersey Number: 4
Dominant Hand: Left
Position: Small Forward
Play Style: Slasher

The Prologue

Although he is one of the older players in the NBA Draft at 24, Kenny Young probably has the least amount of experience at the higher levels of competition. As a slashing small forward, Young dominated the NBL since his debut when he was 19. He earned himself a championship with the Brisbane Bullets, but in 2008 he would find himself moving to greener pastures once the club went defunct.

Young went on to play in Bulgaria, but initially didn't get much game time. He sat on the bench for PBC Lukoil Academic for the majority of his first season with them. He however broke out in his second and final season, leading the club the club in scoring (22ppg) and rebounding (11rpg), earning a reputation as one of the league's great driving players. Academic went on to win the Bulgarian Championships in 2010.

Taking a risk, Kenny left the club after his two year deal expired looking to have a shot at the dream of playing in the NBA. Will he get picked up in the draft? Or will he have to achieve the dream via a more difficult route?

Thought I'd try another My Player story since I can adjust the quarter lengths in NBA 2K11. This does not mean I'll be quitting my dynasty yet, it's just something to keep myself entertained while I can't get to my PS3 as much as I want to.
Last edited by Kenny on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Teams

Washington Wizards: 2010-2011
Denver Nuggets: 2011-present

Career Stats/Achievements

NBA Regular Season

YearTeamGPGSMPGFG%3P%FT%RPGAPGSPGBPGPPG
2010-2011WAS623826.3.429.000.8319.73.50.80.713.7
2011-2012DEN352028.461.179.83511.16.31.70.718.3
2012-2013DEN696928.7.517.323.87310.87.31.91.233.7

Playoffs

YearTeamGPGSMPGFG%3P%FT%RPGAPGSPGBPGPPG
2012-2013DEN2238.5.550.0001.00013.5125126.5

Weekly/Monthly Achievements

2012-2013
4 x West Player of the Month (January 2013, February 2013, March 2013, April 2013)
12 x West Player of the Week (Oct 28-Nov 3, Dec 9-15, Dec 23-29, Jan 13-19, Jan 20-26, Jan 27-Feb 2, Feb 3-9, Feb 10-16, Feb 17-23, Feb 24-Mar 2, Mar 3-9, Mar 24-30)

2011-2012
West Player of the Month (March 2012)
2 x West Player Of The Week (Mar 4-10, 11-17 2012)

2010-2011
East Rookie of the Month (December 2010)

Awards/Achievements (Career)

NBA Most Valuable Player (2013)
All-NBA First Team (2013)
All-Defensive Second Team (2013)
All-Rookie First Team (2011)
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 43 times in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:58 pm

As expected, the consensus number 1 John Wall was the first pick of the 2010 draft. However they got another intriguing pick with Kenny Young, who they selected 30th overall. The 6'5 small forward from Australia was a surprise first round selection, but it's believed that it was his rapport with John Wall in the combine was what propelled him up the draft board. TNT analyst Kenny Smith had this to say about the situation:

"The Wizards are looking to rebuild their franchise around Wall and to get someone in the draft who works well with him is an added bonus. In saying that though, Young needs to work even harder to be able to make it to that NBA level because of the way he plays." -Kenny Smith

Despite being a rookie, Young will be one of the older players on a youthful Wizards team if he makes it past the Summer League.

Now let's take a look at some of his strengths and weaknesses

Strengths

ImageImage
| Young and Wall developed a combination at the combine | He proved to be quite a capable post defender for his size |

ImageImage
| Tenacious rebounder | Sets good screens |

Weaknesses

Jumpshooting: He struggled in the initial stages of the combine. He relies a lot on getting to the hoop and his jumpshot is basically non-existant at this point.

Perimeter D: He really is a post player stuck in a perimeter player's body. In the combine he had a tendency to leave his assignments and make bad decisions.

Size: Not only is he undersized at 6'5, but he's also rather thin as well. This factor stops him from having a true position because he plays like a power forward but he's built like a shooting guard.
Last edited by Kenny on Mon May 02, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Regardless of what happens here, kudos to you for making such an epic looking player. If it is based on your real life self, that's an epic beard (Y)

This should be good though, given your proven dedication to sticking to stories/dynasties for the long term. (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Thanks X, the character is based off myself having my name and my physical attributes (except I'm really 6'4). My hair actually goes well past my shoulders and my beard is bigger than that at the moment, but it's a fair portrayal of what I'd look like if I was a video game character.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:12 pm

NBA Summer League

The Games

DET@WAS

DET: 92 (Jerebko 22, Long 18, Perkinson 14)
WAS: 77 (N Young 18, Booker 15, Wall 14)

Rebounds

DET: Perkinson 13
WAS: McGee 12

Assists

DET: Perry 9
WAS: Wall 6

The Story

Despite taking a 28-25 lead at the end of the first quarter, the Washington Wizards were unable to stay in the game with a dominant performance from Jonas Jerebko. Jerebko spoiled John Wall's debut performance in the summer league with 22 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists and 3 steals. Wall's debut was underwhelming overall with 14 points off 6/18 shooting from the field.

While Kenny Young almost reached a double-double (9 points, 9 rebounds), his performance was tainted with poor shooting as well, with 3 from 9.

WAS@IND

WAS: 81 (Booker 20, Wall 17, McGee 16)
IND: 70 (Hansbrough 24, George 15, Collison 10)

Rebounds

WAS: Young 14
IND: Hansbrough 11

Assists

WAS: Young 9
IND: Collison 6

The Story

After an underwhelming performance against the Pistons, the Wizards took charge against Indiana thanks to the efforts of Trevor Booker, Javale McGee and Kenny Young. All three players registered double-doubles, with the latter also 1 assist off a triple-double with 16 points, 14 rebounds and 9 assists. Booker top scored for the Wizards with 20 points and grabbed 11 boards boards, while McGee had 16 points and 13 rebounds.

John Wall struggled again from the field, scoring 17 points, hitting 7 of 21 attempts.

DEN@WAS

WAS: 83 (Wall 30, McGee 16, N Young 14)
DEN: 67 (Bailey 17, Fuller 16, Ross 14)

Rebounds

WAS: McGee 15
DEN: Bailey, Ross 8

Assists

WAS: Young 5
DEN: Lawson 6

The Story

John Wall finally arrived as the Wizards destroyed the Nuggets at home. Wall top scored with 30 points, while Javale McGee (16) and Nick Young (14) also made valuable contributions.

Despite scoring only 2 points off 2 shot attempts, Kenny Young crashed the boards with 12 as well as picking up a steal and a block to fill out his stat-line. At the moment he is looking probable to make the team after some solid performances in the summer league.

WAS@HOU

HOU: 74 (Patterson 17, Budinger 17, Hill 16)
WAS: 67 (Wall 14, Booker 13, McGee 10)

Rebounds

HOU: Hill 13
WAS: McGee 11

Assists

HOU: Taylor 2

The Story

After two emphatic wins, the Wizards came back down to Earth at the hands of Houston. Kenny Young seemed to get dominated by every match up he received that day and at one stage looked well and truly out of his depth against Chase Budinger. Everyone on the Wizards struggled from the field, with only Cartier Martin (4/5), Trevor Booker (5/9) and Javale McGee (5/9) breaking that trend.

Summer League Gallery

ImageImage
| Young's first hoop in the summer league | He proved to be a good shot blocking presense, averaging 1 a game during the summer. |

ImageImage
| His lack of size doesn't stop him from grabbing boards | And 1 Vs Indiana |

ImageImage
| Young's last game against the Rockets was rather forgettable | Young love :lol: |

---------------------------------------------------------------

Despite an ordinary last game against the Rockets, Kenny Young had an impressive lead up to that game. While his turnovers are a problem, his defensive hustle is the kind of thing the Wizards could really use off the bench. Will he make it to the roster? Or will he be D-League bound? Find out on the next post.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:26 pm

"The Decision"

With Kenny making the squad, Frenchman Kevin Seraphin gets waived.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm still deciding how to set up my recaps. It's going to be in a weekly format, with reports at the end of the month as well. I also might do a My Player blog to have a story from the player's perspective. I've played a few games ahead, so the recaps shall slow down eventually :lol:
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Looks good. Even if the Nuggets dynasty gets top priority, I'm excited about this. Anything short of 12 seasons is a disappointment. :P
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:30 pm

badreligionau wrote:Thanks X, the character is based off myself having my name and my physical attributes (except I'm really 6'4). My hair actually goes well past my shoulders and my beard is bigger than that at the moment, but it's a fair portrayal of what I'd look like if I was a video game character.

I'm 6'2" but all my created players are always 6'3" since NBA player heights are always taken with shoes on. Hence why players like Iverson & Nelson who are closer to 5'10" show up at 6'0". You play at Auchenflower? I'm guessing not as I'd probably remember a 6'4" long haired guy with a big beard? :lol:

Anyways, glad you made the team. Infinitely more interesting you playing for NBA team than the D-League (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Good luck with this one. Hope you get the success with this one as The Next Level rocks. On-story: I think Wall ruined your success. He gets too much minutes - you are playing 1/4 of the game.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Axel The Great on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:40 am

Cool, a My Player story by Kenny Young (Y) . Like X said, that's an epic player you created, and if he portrays your real life counterpart, then you're epic too. :lol:

Good to see you made the team. (Y) That near triple-double in the SL must've felt really good. If you perform well in the first 5-6 games, you'll move up to sixth man, that's what happened with Axel anyways. Good luck! :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby George7 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:30 am

Good luck on this homie! (Y)
I'll keep an eye on this,as i really liked your Denver Dynasty
George7

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:42 am

Nice man, as Lamrock said, I think the Nuggets will get priority but sporadic updates here will make me happy (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby megarover on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:45 am

Your Denver Dynasty was so good I know this one will live up to expectations.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Lamrock wrote:Looks good. Even if the Nuggets dynasty gets top priority, I'm excited about this. Anything short of 12 seasons is a disappointment. :P

Nice to have you on board again. I think the priority will change depending on how quickly I get through Fallout New Vegas. Living in a share house, I don't get to use the PS3 as often as I get to use my computer because I don't have to share my PC. So at times this will get a lot more posts and at other times the dynasty will. Either way it gives me two nice and different modes of ball that I can play... and the depth of the association mode just perplexes me right now.

After 12 seasons I'll be 36... will have to look at Andre Miller's career for inspiration ;)

The X wrote:
badreligionau wrote:Thanks X, the character is based off myself having my name and my physical attributes (except I'm really 6'4). My hair actually goes well past my shoulders and my beard is bigger than that at the moment, but it's a fair portrayal of what I'd look like if I was a video game character.

I'm 6'2" but all my created players are always 6'3" since NBA player heights are always taken with shoes on. Hence why players like Iverson & Nelson who are closer to 5'10" show up at 6'0". You play at Auchenflower? I'm guessing not as I'd probably remember a 6'4" long haired guy with a big beard? :lol:

Anyways, glad you made the team. Infinitely more interesting you playing for NBA team than the D-League (Y)

Don't really know much about Auchenflower, I was a northside guy for 4 years before I moved to the Woolloongabba area. I used to have a hoop in my yard but now the yard I have is taken up by a giant clothesline :lol:

Definitely great to make the team and it's a rather fun team too.

Badger wrote:Good luck with this one. Hope you get the success with this one as The Next Level rocks. On-story: I think Wall ruined your success. He gets too much minutes - you are playing 1/4 of the game.

Thanks Badger and it's great to see you back to your old name ;)

As for Wall, I think my bigger issues are with Josh Howard and Gilbert Arenas as I'm a swingman in this game... although I'm more built like a point guard.

Axel. wrote:Cool, a My Player story by Kenny Young (Y) . Like X said, that's an epic player you created, and if he portrays your real life counterpart, then you're epic too. :lol:

Good to see you made the team. (Y) That near triple-double in the SL must've felt really good. If you perform well in the first 5-6 games, you'll move up to sixth man, that's what happened with Axel anyways. Good luck! :)

It's a pretty accurate portrayal, but he looks more like Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters I think :lol:

This mode has improved great amounts since NBA 2k10 and I'm hoping to get far along into this story.

George7 wrote:Good luck on this homie! (Y)
I'll keep an eye on this,as i really liked your Denver Dynasty

Thanks George7, I'll try not to abandon my D too much, but at the moment I'm really enjoying this and I get to use my computer a whole lot more.

Thierry • wrote:Nice man, as Lamrock said, I think the Nuggets will get priority but sporadic updates here will make me happy (Y)

As I mentioned, it all depends on what my life is like at the time. There are points where I can use the playstation more and where I'm not too far into games like Fallout New Vegas and previously Red Dead Redemption. Once I tend to finish those epic games, I always fall back to good old Denver :D

megarover wrote:Your Denver Dynasty was so good I know this one will live up to expectations.

Thanks megarover, I'm glad you have faith in me. The Denver D is still going though... just at a lot slower pace now. I'm hoping it'll be the Robert Parish of dynasties :lol:
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Week 1: A Career Begins

I want the same suit-maker as Craig Sager... make it happen White Pimp!
Game 1: A Magical Upset

Ever since I was about 7 years old, there was two things I wanted to do in my life; make it to the NBA and marry Sandra Bullock. This week, I saw one of my dreams come true as I played my first NBA game in Orlando against the Magic. My first defensive assignment was Rashard Lewis... talk about getting thrown into the deep end! A guy who has unlimited range, is 5 inches taller than me and is as strong as anyone I've ever guarded, but I guess this is the level of competition I'll have to get used to if I'm to make it in this competition.

Overall I was pretty happy with my game. Even though Lewis top scored with 20 points, he got 8 out of 21, which isn't a bad effort defensively. I was equal second on the Wizards for scoring with 10 points. I also grabbed 5 blocks and dished off 2 dimes in 13 minutes. We ended up winning against the Magic 73-70 after 4th quarter rally that saw us out-score them by 10. Also in my first game, I experienced what it's like to get my shot blocked by Dwight Howard... and I'm sure it won't be the last time.

Game 2: Crashing back down to Earth

After experiencing the highs of winning in my first game, we were blown out in the second by the Atlanta Hawks. I was given 3 defensive assignments that night and none of them were a walk in the park. Now that Josh Smith has improved his shooting, he's an absolute nightmare to guard and a guy you don't want to see on the other side of you when you have the ball. He blocked 4 shots on the night, but I was able to get one back as I dunked the ball on him. Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford are also tricky guys to cover because both of them have range, as well as getting to the hoop as much as they want to.

I was given 15 minutes in this one and I scored 11 points and grabbed 3 boards. I registered 3 turnovers, which I wasn't happy about, but I got my first ever career block. The Hawks are a tough team and they'll give the Eastern Conference a good shake this year. However I feel with Wall-E, Gil and MG, we can improve this season and become playoffs bound again. As much as Waldo will become the franchise player, a lot will depend on Arenas because he's the proven big game player.

Box scores

WAS@ORL

WAS: 73 (J Howard 16, Arenas 10, McGee 10)
ORL: 70 (Lewis 20, Carter 14, Nelson 11)

POTG: Josh Howard 16 points (5-8 FG) 5 rebounds

Rebounds

WAS: Blatche 12
ORL: Howard 9

Assists

ORL: Nelson 6

The Story

The Magic were up by 13 at the half, but they were outscored by the Wizards 49-33 in the last 2 quarters of the game. They rallied behind Josh Howard, who scored 16. Gilbert Arenas, Kenny Young and Javale McGee eached scored 10 points, while Andray Blatche was two points off a double-double with 8 points and 12 rebounds, despite struggling with 2 of 12 from the field.

WAS@ATL

ATL: 79 (Johnson 19, Smith 18, Bibby 12)
WAS: 63 (Wall 16, McGee 11, Young 11)

POTG: Josh Smith 18 points (8-9 FG) 14 rebounds 2 assists 4 blocks 3 steals

Rebounds

ATL: Horford, Smith 14
WAS: McGee 5

Assists

ATL: Bibby 8
WAS: Wall 7

The Story

Washington were absolutely hammered off the boards as both Al Horford and Josh Smith grabbed 14 rebounds. John Wall was far more prominant in this game as he registered 16 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists and 2 steals. But both him and Arenas had their struggled from the floor as they went 11-30 combined.

Wizards Record: 1-1

A few stats

*At this point of the season, Kenny Young leads his team in PER with 39.99
*He is currently third in Rebound Rate with 15.0
*Third amongst all rookies in Offensive Rebounds Per Game with 2
*Fourth amongst all rookies in scoring with 10.5ppg

Kenny's Quote of the Week

After upset win against the Magic
Whew what a night. It's such a special feeling to be a part of a team like this. We've got so many great players on board here, and I know I've got a lot to learn. I'm just going to sit back and learn everything I can, and keep making my game better. Hopefully this is the first of many games to come, ya know?

Week 1 Gallery

ImageImage
| Getting pumped up before the first game | On for the first time |

ImageImage

| My first hoop | My dunk on Josh Smith |

ImageImage
| Dunking against the Hawks | Currently on the bench |

-------------------------------

First week is done and dusted. Thought I'd use this basic template for my weekly updates
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Thought of a caption contest?

badreligionau wrote:Image

"That taco place was nice, can't wait to return there... oh my bad, we can win this guys!"
:lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby dare on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Nice recap, what if Josh Smith block your dunk when his hands are inside the basket
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:50 am

Nice update, I guarantee that you will be traded to the Nuggets some time in this MP :lol:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Martti. on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:56 am

Good luck. I hope this runs longer then your last My Player story. :P

Score more!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby rise on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:04 am

Love it already! Good luck. :wink:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Kenny on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Thierry • wrote:Thought of a caption contest?

badreligionau wrote:Image

"That taco place was nice, can't wait to return there... oh my bad, we can win this guys!"
:lol:

That's a really good idea. Depending on whether I've captured anything funny or interesting enough, I'll post something for everyone to have a go at. I also want to make an NLSC draft class, but I'm not sure if that's possible on the My Player mode.

dare wrote:Nice recap, what if Josh Smith block your dunk when his hands are inside the basket

Hopefully it's a goal tend, but I'm not all that sure in this game... it hasn't happened to me yet thankfully.

Houndy wrote:Nice update, I guarantee that you will be traded to the Nuggets some time in this MP :lol:

For the sake of my minutes, I'm hoping Melo will be gone by the time I get there :lol:

Martti. wrote:Good luck. I hope this runs longer then your last My Player story. :P

Score more!

I've already played ahead, so I can put a guarantee on that ;)

And after two games I already have the weight of expectation... geez :lol:

z02 wrote:Love it already! Good luck. :wink:

Thanks z02 :D
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Week 2: More Inconsistancy Despite a Winning Week

Doing my Latrell Sprewell impression

Game 1: My almost-double-double

We started the week off at home against Philly. Got to see Evan again; him, Waldo and had a pretty good friendship over the combine. While it's nice to see him have success and become a starter, I'm glad he only scored 12 against me... Iggy on the other dropped 33 on us; he is absolutely insane! While Wall was quiet, Arenas was able to score 23 and Javale had 18 and 11. On a personal note, it was the biggest game of my career to date as I scored 16 and grabbed 9 boards... now I know how Blatche feels!

The boys got over the line in this one and that's all you can ask for.

Game 2: New York New York!

On a roll after our first game at home, I made my first trip to New York to play the Knicks. You've got to give it to those Knick fans, through thick and thin they come out in numbers. While defensively I had a decent game with 5 boards and 1 block, I only scored 6 points on 1 of 7 shooting... a big let down after my almost double-double effort. Fortunately even without me contributing much on the offensive end, we were able to get it done through Arenas (22), Wall (18) and Blatche (18). It was a close game, but Gil kept a cool head; he really is key when it comes to us being a contender.

Game 3: No perfect week yet

After winning our first two games by 4, we were on the receiving end of a blowout at home against Cleveland. Even without LeBron, these guys are a really good team. Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, Antawn Jamison, Anthony Parker and Joey Graham all put double figure scores up, while Arenas was our top scorer with 16. McGee and I both had 10 points each, but Javale had the double-double with 10 rebounds as well.

The real scary part about this game was I landed awkwardly on my ankle when I came down from contesting a rebound. The doc said I just twisted it and it should be right before the next game... still, it was enough to get me worried for a moment.

Box scores

PHI@WAS

WAS: 100 (Arenas 23, McGee 18, Blatche 16)
PHI: 96 (Iguodala 33, Williams 18, Turner 12)

POTG: Javale McGee 18 points (7-11 FG) 11 rebounds 2 blocks

POTG:

Rebounds

PHI: Speights, Turner, T Young 5

Assists

WAS: Arenas 5
PHI: Iguodala, Williams 4

The Story

The Wizards had 2 double-doubles on the night with both Javale McGee (18 points, 11 rebounds) and Andray Blatche (16 points, 10 rebounds). They almost had a third as Kenny Young notched up 9 boards to go with his 16 points. John Wall had a relatively quiet night with 10 points and 4 assists.

WAS@NYK

WAS: 106 (Arenas 22, Blatche 18, Wall 18)
NYK: 102 (Stoudemire 29, Azubuike 16, Chandler 15)

POTG: John Wall 18 points (7/14 FG) 11 assists 1 turnover

Rebounds

NYK: Turiaf 15

Assists

WAS: Wall 11
NYK: Azubuike 4

The Story

John Wall had the best game of his career as he got his first career double-double with 18 points and 11 assists. This helped offset possibly Kenny Young's worst game so far as he scored 6 points and shot dismally. Washington are proving to be a tough team when everybody helps out and contributes. They had 5 double-digit scorers on the night, including recent arrival Kirk Hinrich who scored 11

CLE@WAS

CLE: 96 (Williams 23, Hickson 14, Jamison 13)
WAS: 70 (Arenas 16, McGee 10, Young 10)

POTG: Mo Williams 23 points (10/18 FG) 2 rebounds 6 assists 2 steals

Rebounds

CLE: Jamison 13
WAS: McGee 10

Assists

CLE: Williams 6

The Story

Poor shooting really hurt the Wizards in this massive loss to Cleveland. Nobody on the team shot 50 percent from the field and to compound this problem, Arenas was 6 of 20. It was a poor display for their second game at home and one they'll like to put out of their minds as they move forward.

Wizards Record: 3-2

The Bizzaro Iverson

Yeah, putting in the extra time is huge. One of the things I like best about this team is the way we always push ourselves at practice. You're not going to build the type of team chemistry you need to be successful without putting in the extra work together."

Week 2 Gallery

ImageImage
| Blocking Iggy | ...and Chandler |

ImageImage
| Flying high | Hangtime |

ImageImage
| Winning is an amazing feeling | ...getting injured is not |

----------------------------------------------------

Currently I'm up to week 6 of this, so I'm pretty far ahead of where I've recapped so far. I'll probably do one of these weekly recaps a day until I'm caught up. Won't have one on Friday because that day is extremely busy for me. Week 3 should be up tomorrow :)

Edit: I won't be able to update my career statistics because the screen shots I took didn't involve any of my shooting percentages... should have an update by the end of the 5th or 6th week on that.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Week 3: I've made it!

My first billboard

What a crazy week! After my game against the Bobcats, Charlotte's owner Michael Jordan sent me a letter saying that he wanted me to be an ambassador for his brand! How cool is that? But it doesn't end there, despite a terrible shooting performance by me against the Bulls, I found out I have my own billboard now! All this happening in the 3rd week is absolutely insane but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Game 1: Soaring against the Rockets

Against the Rockets at home I recorded my first career double-double with 11 points and 16 boards. I also had 6 dimes to go along with that effort. It was such a relief to have this performance because now it feels like I really belong in this organisation and I've somewhat vindicated their draft selection. They aren't kidding when they say you can see Yao from space! Almost everytime I tried to drive to the rim, there was the Great Wall blocking my shot or atleast making it very difficult. He got 6 blocks on the night and probably about 3 or 4 of those came against me.

We ended up winning it by 3 points thanks to having 6 guys in double figures. John Wall was outstanding with 22 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists.

Game 2: Playing in front of MJ

Okay, so every player says they treat the Bobcats game like every other game... but knowing MJ was actually in the building for this one... holy crap! The guy who a whole generation idolised was in Washington, watching me play. I had to bring my game and in the end, I think I did pretty well. 14 points, 7 boards, 5 assists and 1 block is a solid outing, but my boy Gil was unbelievable! If anyone thought he was past it, this game proved them wrong as he scored 35 points. It was a nice team effort all round.

Getting the letter from MJ after this performance was a great way to cap off a nice two game stretch for me.

Game 3: Loss in Chi-Town

After playing against the team MJ owns, the Wizards and I played against the team he made his name with. Boozer absolutely dominated us on both ends; him and Joakim Noah are going to be a real force come playoffs time no matter who they play. I just couldn't get my offensive game going in this one. The Bulls played tough D and I couldn't get to the hoop as much as I wanted to. I also only shot 50 percent from the stripe, which really isn't good enough. On the plus side, I swatted away 3 shots and grabbed 8 boards though; it's comforting to know that if my offense isn't working, I can contribute other places to help my team.

Still striving for that perfect week... hopefully it'll come next time.

Box scores

HOU@WAS

WAS: 102 (Wall 22, Blatche 17, Howard 14)
HOU: 99 (Brooks 26, Martin 21, Yao 20)

POTG: Yao Ming 20 points (9/11 FG) 10 rebounds 1 assist 6 blocks

Rebounds

WAS: Young 16
HOU: Scola 13

Assists

WAS: Wall, Young 6
HOU: Brooks 8

The Story

-The second half of this game was even with both teams scoring 48 points.
-The Wizards had 6 players in double figures, led by John Wall who scored 22 points.
-Andray Blatche was incredibly efficient scoring 17 in 21 minutes.
-Kenny Young reached a career high 16 rebounds in this game, as well as recording his first double-double.

CHA@WAS

WAS: 101 (Arenas 35, Blatche 15, Wall 14)
CHA: 82 (Jackson 19, Wallace 18, Diaw 14)

POTG: Gilbert Arenas 35 points (10/19 FG) 6 rebounds 4 assists 3 steals

Rebounds

WAS: McGee 13
CHA: Wallace 10

Assists

WAS: Wall 7
CHA: Augustin 10

The Story

-The Wizards dominated the Bobcats in the second quarter, outscoring them by 20 (34-14)
-Gilbert Arenas scored 35 points in 32 minutes
-Stephen Jackson was 8-25 from the field and 2-9 beyond the arc

WAS@CHI

CHI: 83 (Boozer 22, Deng 16, Rose 10)
WAS: 70 (Howard 19, Wall 19, Blatche 14)

POTG: Carlos Boozer 22 points (7/8 FG) 11 rebounds 1 assist

Rebounds

CHI: Noah 13
WAS: McGee 14

Assists

CHI: Rose 4
WAS: Arenas 6

The Story

-Carlos Boozer was in vintage form, with 22 points and 11 rebounds. He was easily the best on the court.
-Even though Josh Howard (9/20) and John Wall (9/18) were solid from the field, Gilbert Arenas' poor shooting hurt the Wizards as he went 3/15.
-Kenny Young grabbed 8 boards and blocked 3 shots, but couldn't get going on the offensive end with 3 points.

Wizards Record: 5-3

The Wizards team effort against Charlotte
Such a great all-round game for the team tonight. It's so rewarding to see what this team can do when we're all on the same page. Winning is nice, but it's much sweeter when we really put it all together as a team, you know? And a win like this is a huge confidence boost, so let's hope we can carry that right into our next game.

Week 3 Gallery

ImageImage
| Taking on the other wall | Grabbing a career high 16 rebounds |

ImageImage
| Living above the rim | Rubbing Gil's head for good luck |

-------------------------------

Thought I'd try a more concise recap method. I know it lacks a little in detail about the game but I thought my player's blog covers it pretty well. Let me know what you think :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:15 pm

16/11 Trade News: Hinrich for Turkoglu

The Wizards have traded veteran point guard Kirk Hinrich to the Suns in exchange for Hedo Turkoglu and their 2012 first round pick. With both players being on the move during the off-season, they both find themselves in their third club in a single season.

While this clears up the log jam at point guard for the Washington Wizards, it creates a whole new one at the small forward position. Turkoglu will have to contend with Josh Howard, who has started all the games so far this season and up-and-comer Kenny Young.

17/11 Trade News: Wizards and Hawks complete 4 player deal

ImageImage

ImageImage

The day after trading Kirk Hinrich, the Washington Wizards have made a surprising move trading Andray Blatche and Al Thornton to the Hawks in exchange for Marvin Williams and Jordan Crawford. Al Thornton has recently fallen out of favour with Flip Saunders and the Wizards have been shopping him for a while... Andray Blatche moving on however is a surprise to everyone. Kenny Young recently let his feelings known on Twitter:

@KennyYoung4: Not feeling the Blatche trade; he's been big for us in several games this season... just not feeling it.

He later apologised for his tweet and avoided a fine.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood