A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby The X on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Tell me about it with real life commitments. At times you'll get a roll on with games then you won't get to play for a week or two.

As for the rankings, as long as Jay Gray is above Martti Must in the PF rankings all will be happy (except one) :P

With centres, maybe just do top 5 due to talent shortage with just missed out section.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Trade

Postby hova- on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Sit wrote:I've got to say the two hardest rankings will be the centres and small forwards. Will be tough to fill up the centres article and how you you differentiate between Lebron, Chara, Durant? (Don't answer that... it's rhetorical.) :wink:

Sounds like a good job for Woody Hannes ;) At least Chara has a ring.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mandich on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:25 pm

GOAT
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 pm

hova, it's Willard Smith who writes Ball Don't Lie.

And mandich... No goats in here.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Houndy on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:01 am

I like Willard Smith. He always says that both teams played hard
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:46 am

Houndy wrote:both teams played hard

Sheed!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:07 am

The X wrote:Tell me about it with real life commitments. At times you'll get a roll on with games then you won't get to play for a week or two.

As for the rankings, as long as Jay Gray is above Martti Must in the PF rankings all will be happy (except one) :P

With centres, maybe just do top 5 due to talent shortage with just missed out section.

That (Y) :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:01 am

Willard Smith doesn't say 'both teams played hard'. :S
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:11 am

Yes he does, he told me at dinner
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:55 am

Willie Green is a nobody.
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:37 am

I know right?
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Damn right. Speaking of the Draft, results will be up soon. In the works of the next chapter update and then Draft will be here.

Hype it up draftees!

10 player points awarded to you if you do an article about your draftee. 25 points for the best article (Judged by the me, Grinch, Valor, hova- and L-Train - they haven't signed up, this is called conscription).

In order to keep it in line with the association:

1. just search your character's name in the search function on this site and you will know how much you can tinker with your own story.
2. You also know what you're projected as from a few pages ago.
3. Go ahead and may the best article win!

* Note: There are so many active threads in this sub forum. It's great! (Y)
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NBA Draft: Hype It Up!

Postby dare on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Something to prove
By: Julian Martin

You’re nothing, go back to your f*ck*n country!” One UCLA fan shouted… Those were the words I heard after we lost to Virginia. We had a big lead in that game and because of me we lost…

And it all happened in the night when I declared I’m about to go on the grandest stage of them all, the NBA. My draft stock definitely fell after that game. Heck I didn’t even want to play basketball anymore; I just stayed in my room watching that last game. Then I noticed that sentence, “You’re nothing, go back to your f*ck*n country!” Here I’ am playing for your team and someone will say that just because of that one game, I understand their feeling but what do my country supposed to do with it?

For those who didn’t know I’m a Filipino, sure I heard of bad things about my country. People looking down on us but to actually heard and feel it. It hurts so much.

Now I know my mission and that is to show the heart and pride of the Filipino’s. I’m going to the NBA to prove what Filipino can do. I’m going to show them that we can compete on the highest stage, that we can succeed for who we are.

I’m Julian Martin a Filipino and I’m going to conquer the NBA…

Note: That was the answer of Martin when he was asked about why he had a rank up from a second rounder to a top 5 in the mock drafts.

A pretty shitty article
dare
True kings have rings

Postby megarover on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:10 pm

I'll post mines a bit later even though it really isn't an article.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Great idea, I'm a tough grader and pretty sharp on the use of diction and the overall structure so watch out :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Valor wrote:Great idea, I'm a tough grader and pretty sharp on the use of diction and the overall structure so watch out :P

Thanks for agreeing to judge.

Judging Criteria

Judges, if you accept to help judge, please judge on the basis of the following criteria and give each article a score out of 10 in each criterion.

Relevance - How relevant it is to the story, that is, keeping with the theme, storyline and realistic. (I think I will be the harshest critic on this one)
Communication - How well the article is written since it makes it interesting to read by holding the readers' attention.
Enjoyability - Overall enjoyability of the article. Take into account whether it's actually meaningful and a good read overall. Mere showboating is boring!

Thanks guys!
Fresh8

Postby George7 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:30 pm

going to post mine soon!
Really like this idea!
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks G!
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm definitely going to judge those articles (I feel honored :P ). You want a simple PM with a ranking of the articles or a public post in this thread with an exact analysis of each article on it own?
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby George7 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:36 am

G's Blog

Introducing my self

Hello everybody,this will be the place where you can learn things about me.And also a place where i'm going to share you my thought regarding my career in the NBA!

Who Am I

I'm George Koukoulis. I'm a part of the 2013 NBA Draft,and ready to make my dream true.Play in the NBA. I was born in Athens,Greece 19 years ago,and made my first steps as a player on a local club , Arion BC, before being signed by Olympiacos BC.Now, I'm just days before an NBA team chooses my talents, and give me the chance to play on the NBA. I'm a 6'1'' SG, known mostly for my penetration game,passing and lockdown D. On the later years though,I was able to get my shooting better and despite not being a strength of mine,I have shooting abilities relevant with a SG.

My idols were several.From the one and only Michael Jordan,to the sensational PG Derrick Rose,whom I got many aspect of his game. Last year though there was another ones who affected me that much.The Seattle Stealth. I was amazed by what a team,starting with a good squad but not that great, can achieve. With hard work,turning Kevin Durant into one of the greatest today,and pairing experience and youth together on a really successful team. They made me understand that with hard work I can do everything.And that's what I did the past few months. Getting my self ready to take part on this.

How Did I Got Here

Many friends of me didn't believe I could do something as a basketball player. Before some years,I was just a weak guy,with no real playing skills,but with only two things,passion and vision on the court. From the team I started,Arion BC, I was just a 2nd tier player,with no real skills.Though my passion,and hard work,made me even better. I improved one aspect each time,and month after month I was a better player. Stood out on the semi-pro leagues and at the age of 17, Olympiacos' scouts find me out, after a success our team had on a tournament. Got a trial with the team,and after that I was signed by Olympiacos, clearly one dream which came true. But always my dream,every player's dream, was to play to the NBA. The greatest league on the world. I tried hard and clearly tried to make my chances better of being inducted to the draft.I attended many summer camp,when scouts from all the big leagues are gathered.

And on the summer of 2012,I got a call from an executive of Olympiacos. Scouts from the NBA came over at some games of 2011-2012 league,in order to see me.He said though,that it was too early to try my luck on this league. But I decided to do this now.I realised that I had a chance,and despite being so early,it was now. I'm not the big name, I'm not the one who needs the spotlight.I never was. Being projected on the 2nd round is something which I knew already. I will try to seize the opportunities and make a career. After a great year on the 2012-13 season, I'm ready for the best and waiting

Now What?

Ready for the greatest moment of my life so far. As for what should be my favorite destination. Some of you who might know me better,know the answer. Of course the Bulls. A team I really love ,but struggling lately. Who will choose me? I really don't know. Whoever will be, I will try to be even better and help them much despite knowing that I'll get few chances. Those 1-2 minutes I'm gonna play each game,i'm gonna give 100%.

Take care, George.

Hopefully you liked it :mrgreen:
If i have time ,I'm going to make some more blog posts after some time.Like a view of mine for league's news and personal achievements
Last edited by George7 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
George7

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:24 am

I walked through the streets of Downtown New Orleans, trying to get into the Arena. You see, when you help LSU reach the NCAA Championship game, you get free Tickets for life. I like seeing the Hornets, Globetrotters, or some college team, so I always use every one of them.

Today, I invited my pal, fellow draftee Coby Clark, to a Harlem Globetrotters game. We both sat courtside, talking with some fans, who thankfully didn't know who we were. Coby and I walked around, looking for a seat, when suddenly a Raptors scout came. You see, the Raptors won the lottery, and were projected to draft Coby with the pick. The scout invited us to his box, and we agreed.

We went inside his Luxury Box, as he asked Coby some questions about his college career, his life, and some other stuff. After Coby was done, he turned to me.

"You know that many scouts are talking about you," said the Raptors scout. "Even if you're a late round pick, your Hail Mary against Memphis helped your stock."

"What about the Championship? Did you even care about that?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, we did. Coby is the best defender in the country, so scoring 13 points is pretty impressive."

I flashed a grin at Coby, who laughed back. We all decided to watch the First Half. The scout offered us a soda, which we both accepted.
"So, can I interview you?" asked the scout.

"Uhhh.... sure?" I said, shocked.

"Ok, let's go."

You know, I wasn't really recruited that much. I had SMU, Baylor, and LSU on my list. SMU and Baylor had practically promised me redshirt spots, while LSU had promised me a minimal role. I committed to LSU, and started my career under Trent Johnson, who became my best friend and my mentor.

In my freshman year, I averaged 2.2 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 4 assists in about 6 minutes of play per game. Coach Johnson told me that he wanted to slowly develop me, and that I could rebound over any Power Forward. I laughed at the Power Forward statement. But against Central Michigan, I soared over some 7'0 Center for a rebound and a putback jam, which made Number 1 on SportCenter's Top Plays. Besides that, I averaged a 4.0 GPA. It was a good Freshman year.

In my sophmore year, I averaged 10.3 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 8 assists. After our starting point guard (who's name I forgot) left, Coach Johnson put me as starter. I finally started to become a Jason Kidd; a Point Guard who could shoot, rebound, and pass. That's what many analysts said about me. "This kid can freaking shoot, pass, and rebound. That reminds me of two people; LeBron James, and my man Jason Kidd." said Woody Hannes on his College Basketball preview. I also got the nickname "Mr. Sink-It-In-Your-Face" after nailing 3 buzzer beaters in the faces of a Rutgers player, a Mississippi State player, and an Ole Miss player (Mississippi starting sending hate mail in, which made me laugh.) I averaged a 4.0 GPA.

In my Junior year, I averaged 16.9 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 8.5 assists. This year was my monster year. I was the star of LSU. Against Arizona State in the NIT Tip-Off Tournament, I scored 32 points, dished 11 assists, and grabbed 10 rebounds for my first career triple double. Arizona State's star, Ray Ryan, was ejected after punching my teammate Jake Nebbler, in the face after a hard foul. That's when we took over, and we won, 97-63. A blowout win against a quality team. We got into the NCAA Tournament as the 13th seed, and lost to Oregon 86-70.

In my Senior year, my final year at LSU, I averaged 21.8 points, 8 rebounds, and 9.7 assists. This year is what I call my Hardwood Year. I won SEC Player of the Year, MVP of the SEC Tournament, and The Bob Cousy award for best Point Guard. That year, my best game had to be against Oregon. Ironically, we were the 4 seed...... against Oregon, the 13th seed. We crushed them, with a 45 points, 5 rebound, and 12 assist outburst by your truly, to help us dominate Oregon 115-67. How we got there, was a cakewalk. Coby was injured in the championship game, so we won 86-82. Kentucky still had Crawford, who had 30 points. I carried my team to the National Championship game, with a Hail Marry that made Don Elliot cry, and then lost to Coby. It was a hard fought game, but they shut me down. Kudos to them. Averaged a 4.0, graduated with a degree in Law.

"Damn, that's one story." said the scout.

"Thanks."

"Tell me about that Oregon game again....."
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 am

hova- wrote:I'm definitely going to judge those articles (I feel honored :P ). You want a simple PM with a ranking of the articles or a public post in this thread with an exact analysis of each article on it own?

Thanks hova.

I will keep it transparent. PM me your judgment. Scores for each criteria and a line or two for a summary and a total score. I will post everyone's scores up once I get them all.

I will set a 1 day deadline for additional articles to be submitted.
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Will wait for the other articles.

George's article had some potential, if only he presented it in different form. Just browsed it and it already reminded me of what one former NBA draftee did irl. Good thing is, George is now out of the Grinch's hate radar.

Will PM Sit the scores, while my comments will be posted here when all submissions are done.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:52 pm

This will be like Idol, X-Factor, ***** Got Talent. Our judging panel includes a nice guy (L-Train), in-between guys (Valor, Hova), dude who is realistic (me) and hopefully a really really mean dude who will break the contestant's hearts (Grinch)

(Y)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:53 pm

I'll wait for the other ones to be posted before submitting my scores (Y)

EDIT: put me in the realistic category too, when it comes to English there's no "Mr nice guy" involved :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame