A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 18: Who Wins?

Postby Lamrock on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:03 am

Shit man. How heartbreaking. :(
Lamrock

Postby Oskar on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:38 am

Ouch, that's too bad, especially for Kidd.. I love the fact you can accept a loss like this and go straight on to the next season, though. Can't wait for the next one, hopefully the team won't be too different, but a few new faces here and there would be pretty cool. I was sort of expecting for Durant to become less selfish after this, but I guess we'll see how you'll please the fans. :P
Oskar

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:30 am

I think durant finally realized he cant be the only man on the team even when he puts up huge numbers.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 am

shit, sucks about the loss :x

Iverson sounds like he was on fire in the fourth, too bad your guys faltered down the stretch on d (N)
Feel real bad for Kidd, but good luck next season :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:12 am

Shit bro, that's heartbreaking. Hope the Queens lose in the Finals
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:24 am

sonuvabitchsitchoked. :x
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:38 am

Eirsej wrote:Heartbreaking loss. If only Kidd wasn't injured, it would've been a different story.

I did like that Kidd got injured for story purposes. Not for losing though. Came at the worst time. He's never really been injured for me up until this point. :(

C-77 wrote:Tough tough loss man :| . Wonder what Durant is going to do

Well, he's going to do what he was doing at the end of the chapter :wink:

Thierry • wrote::cry: That sucks man... I really can't believe it...

You wanted a brawl and you didn't get one? Is that why you sad Thierry? :P

Martti. wrote:Sucks you couldn't give Kidd his title, I expect him to retire. You had Chara locked down, but Redd's three-pointer killed you.

It was a great season nonetheless. Sit got his COY and took the Stealth to the Conference Finals.

I hope you carry this on, however your roster might look like next season. :)

This was the greatest season indeed. We went all the way and had our ups and downs. We had the best regular season record and nearly made it to the NBA Finals.

Next season is going to be tough as will be revealed in the next chapter. Let's hope I can keep most of my squad in tact.

George7 wrote:Damn,that was bad.I really wanted Kidd to take the ring on his final season on your team.Maybe next yea you can do sth better.Nonetheless ,great effort.

Thanks G. Not sure if we will get back to WCF again next season though...

Lamrock wrote:Shit man. How heartbreaking. :(

Double whammy for you?

Oskar wrote:Ouch, that's too bad, especially for Kidd.. I love the fact you can accept a loss like this and go straight on to the next season, though. Can't wait for the next one, hopefully the team won't be too different, but a few new faces here and there would be pretty cool. I was sort of expecting for Durant to become less selfish after this, but I guess we'll see how you'll please the fans. :P

Does he sound less selfish? :lol:

puttincomputers wrote:I think durant finally realized he cant be the only man on the team even when he puts up huge numbers.

I don't think so.

Valor wrote:shit, sucks about the loss :x

Iverson sounds like he was on fire in the fourth, too bad your guys faltered down the stretch on d (N)
Feel real bad for Kidd, but good luck next season :wink:

We didn't really falter... Jefferson just stepped up. Redd just stepped up. Iverson wasn't on fire, he just hit two lucky shots. I didn't think the three would go in but it did... I was jumping up and down in the living room... That was a big big shot. We just couldn't stop the Kings from scoring in the end but I wouldn't call it faltering cause we contained them pretty well. At least it wasn't Chara single handily beating us.

Houndy wrote:Shit bro, that's heartbreaking. Hope the Queens lose in the Finals

I don't know who I'd rather see win. :lol:

shadowGrinch wrote:sonuvabitchsitchoked. :x

At least your boy Jao Wu will be looking at more playing time next season :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:01 am

Why would you want LeBitch to win?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby dare on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:07 am

Ouch tough lost man, now make a quick recap in the finals. It's not that exciting anymore. Anyways you got a big off season ahead of you, hope Ty doesn't leave the team.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 am

Valor wrote:

Why would you want LeBitch to win?

Why would you want Chara to win?

Both are equally homo
dare wrote:Ouch tough lost man, now make a quick recap in the finals. It's not that exciting anymore. Anyways you got a big off season ahead of you, hope Ty doesn't leave the team.

That was the plan re: NBA Finals recap
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:19 am

Easy, Chara is a cocksucker and LeBron actually stayed in this association
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby |)e8* on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:37 am

Fuck those Queens.Heartbreaking
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:56 am

Houndy wrote:Easy, Chara is a cocksucker and LeBron actually stayed in this association

Doesn't change the fact that he's an arrogant prick

Sit wrote:Why would you want Chara to win?

Both are equally homo

I don't want Chara to win, I want Westbrook and Shaq to win :)

I agree both are fags, but LeBron is more of a fag than Chara (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:38 pm

I wasted my 8888th post (N)

Ahh well, Chara & Kings will beat the Cavs in 5. Long live King Chara :bowdown:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Touugh loss. Honestly, that's what I thought. The Kings are just too good. I hope they will kick LeBron's ass now so that you can say you lost against the World Champ.

Looking forward to what's coming now. Really sucks to see, that you have not been able to win it again. I guess that's the destiny of some teams that never reach the finals (Suns, Adelman Kings ..)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Houndy wrote:Easy, Chara is a cocksucker and LeBron actually stayed in this association

Nicely justified. I guess. :)

|)e8* wrote:Fuck those Queens.Heartbreaking

Yes. Thank to 2K9 not able to defend in the post. I guess my team just weak on the defensive end in the post. :(

Valor wrote:

Doesn't change the fact that he's an arrogant prick

Sit wrote:Why would you want Chara to win?

Both are equally homo

I don't want Chara to win, I want Westbrook and Shaq to win :)

I agree both are fags, but LeBron is more of a fag than Chara (Y)

Valor - Westbrook is not to be supported if you support Seattle.

And Chara is a fag because he thinks he's better than Ty. Don't forget the college days!

The X wrote:I wasted my 8888th post (N)

Ahh well, Chara & Kings will beat the Cavs in 5. Long live King Chara :bowdown:

You didn't waste it. :) Durant lit it up. :)

hova- wrote:Touugh loss. Honestly, that's what I thought. The Kings are just too good. I hope they will kick LeBron's ass now so that you can say you lost against the World Champ.

Looking forward to what's coming now. Really sucks to see, that you have not been able to win it again. I guess that's the destiny of some teams that never reach the finals (Suns, Adelman Kings ..)

Well, I think it's realistic man. Moreso than other D's where people win in their 1st or 2nd year. But you are right, this season was the closest. Had Kidd not been hurt, I think I would have gone all the way. So much respect to him.
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:07 pm

sonuvabitchthexjinxedit! :x

Jao Wu's time baby!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:08 pm

shadowGrinch wrote:sonuvabitchthexjinxedit! :x

Jao Wu's time baby!

You ok there? :lol:

Anyways... before Jao Wu time... get ready for GRINCH TIME

It's like taking candy from a baby :)
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:01 pm

PM me the total points I have, if I earned any. :?

I'll probably request some more info based on the available points I have, but not now. I don't want to burden you with unnecessary work.

Unfortunately for our dear NLSCers, I know a few of the attributes that are position specific that will greatly affect the overall rating or I could just go the easy route and request Sit to spend all the points in dropping the Offensive and Defensive Awareness ratings of a player. :twisted:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 pm

shadowGrinch wrote:PM me the total points I have, if I earned any. :?

I'll probably request some more info based on the available points I have, but not now. I don't want to burden you with unnecessary work.

Unfortunately for our dear NLSCers, I know a few of the attributes that are position specific that will greatly affect the overall rating or I could just go the easy route and request Sit to spend all the points in dropping the Offensive and Defensive Awareness ratings of a player. :twisted:

Yeah, not now. We still got one round of predictions left. Plus I just finished my first exam tonight. :) 4 left to go. Yewww
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 am

Sit wrote:
Thierry • wrote: :cry: That sucks man... I really can't believe it...

You wanted a brawl and you didn't get one? Is that why you sad Thierry? :P

Lol no, I thought you could pull this off. Although a brawl would have been really cool :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:47 am

Sit wrote:Valor - Westbrook is not to be supported if you support Seattle.

But I loved how he paid Durant back in kind by sleeping with his girl and rubbing in his face :lol:

Sit wrote:And Chara is a fag because he thinks he's better than Ty. Don't forget the college days!

I remember them, dont worry. Just that Chara is slightly less of a fag than LeBron in my opinion :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 am

ChrisO0 wrote:Too bad you lost! Though I am really looking forward to next season. Not just because I will finally appear, but to see what changes will happen in Seattle. (Y)

Yep, the Summer sure is going to be exciting. (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:59 am

Seattle Falls Short In Gallant Effort
Game 7, Western Conference Finals, 2013 NBA playoffs: Sacramento Kings at Seattle Stealth 115-109 (Kings win series 4-3)
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

MAY 28, SEATTLE (AP) – It was a classic case of ‘too little too late’ for the number 1 seeded Seattle Stealth as the number 3 seeded Sacramento Kings held on for an exciting Game 7 win in the Western Conference Finals. Kevin Durant fell short of completing a performance for the ages. His 49 points, 9 assists, 4 steal performance could have gone down into the history books had his team won.

However, it will likely be forgotten because his team didn’t win and Durant knows that already, “Great performances are only great if you win. I scored a lot of points but we didn’t get the win. I suppose it wasn’t that great in the end. It’s a shame because I was really getting going.”

Durant was instrumental in helping keep the Stealth in the game. They fell into a double digit deficit at the start of the game as the Kings embarked on a 14-4 scoring run to begin the game despite playing on Seattle’s home court. It didn’t help the Stealth cause as second leading scorer Reshawn Tyson picked up 2 quick fouls and was on the bench early. Seattle finished the first quarter trailing 28-21 and Durant put the team on his shoulders as he scored 16 of their 28 points in the second quarter.

A Tyson dunk with 40 seconds left in the half tied the game for the first time of the night. The Kings would end up with a slight advantage at halftime: 54-49. The Stealth comeback was in vain as the Kings pushed the lead out to 15 points in the third quarter, thanks to some questionable shot selection from the Stealth including Allen Iverson who missed three times on three consecutive possessions. Tyson also picked up his fourth personal foul during that time and replacement Trevor Ariza didn’t make much of an impact in his place.

Durant was successful in a mini-run towards the end of the third period but NBA veteran Jerry Stackhouse had his own amazing run to halt the Stealth from getting any closer to the Kings. Stack hit a jumper and two three pointers in an improbably sequence that had the Stealth crowd silenced.

The final quarter saw the Stealth put up one last comeback which will be lauded as equally brave and amazing. Durant and his teammates shut down league MVP Moses Chara in the final quarter; forcing him to only 4 points. The Stealth offence was as free-flowing as ever with two separate scoring runs. Unfortunately, Michael Redd and Al Jefferson both stepped up when they were needed most.

Redd scored 11 of his 27 points in the fourth quarter; silencing critics of his who didn’t think he’d be capable of filling the shoes of Kevin Martin who was traded mid-season. Jefferson, the man Martin was traded for, proved his worth as he had 9 of his 23 points. The Stealth couldn’t contain him as he romped his way to a double double.

Durant put in a stoic performance as he hit shots left, right and centre on his way to 17 fourth quarter points. Iverson also came up big with 8 of his 14 points in the period including an improbable three pointer that gave Seattle some hope in squeaking out a win. The Iverson triple with 58 seconds left was followed by a Tyson dunk with 40 seconds to cut the Kings lead to 4 points. However, Jefferson’s monster three point play came at a crucial juncture for Sacramento and the 7 point lead was reclaimed. Durant and former teammate Russell Westbrook traded free throws before the League’s scoring champion hit a three pointer with 15 seconds left to once again make the deficit just 4 points.

It was a case of too little too late as Chara stepped up to the free throw line to ice the game with 7 seconds remaining. As the final buzzer sounded, the Kings celebrated at midcourt as Kevin Durant slumped to the ground in defeat. In the background, the Stealth fans were giving their team a standing ovation that would have been sweeter had they actually won and advanced to the NBA Finals.

Stealth Head Coach Will Sit reflected on his team’s season, “It was a great year. A bit of a shame about the end but we had a great year.” The NBA Coach of the Year also refused to comment on whether Kidd would have helped the Stealth win, “Jason is a great player and no doubt would have made a difference but I chose to go to war tonight with AI (Iverson) and he was terrific in the fourth. There’s nothing much else I could have asked for. Naturally I am disappointed but you have to take these losses. I hope we can make it back next year.”

After the game, Chara was already looking ahead to the next series, “We didn’t do it last year but I am sure we are going to beat the Cavs. We’re a much better team.” The League MVP also was not worried by the fact that his team has needed 20 games to get to the NBA Finals, “It just means that we are in top form right now.”

Notes: Durant’s scoring by the quarter: 6, 16 , 10, 17…

Box Score wrote:Sacramento Kings

SF Moses Chara: 28 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 11-18 FG, 2-5 3PT, 4-4 FT
SG Michael Redd: 27 points, 3 assists, 11-15 FG, 2-3 3PT, 3-3 FT
C Al Jefferson: 23 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks
PG Russell Westbrook: 15 points, 19 assists, 5 turnovers
SG Jerry Stackhouse: 13 points, 5-11 FG, 3-7 3PT

Seattle Stealth

SF Kevin Durant: 49 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals, 19-25 FG, 4-5 3PT, 7-7 FT
C Andrew Bogut: 17 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 blocks, 2 steals, 8-15 FG
SG Allen Iverson: 14 points, 7 assists, 4-13 FG, 1-3 3PT, 5-8 FT
SG Reshawn Tyson: 13 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals
PF David Lee: 12 points, 6-7 FG
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 7 Recap Posted

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:13 am

That's Durant? He looks toothless... or is that Roger Mason? :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame