A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - GAME 5 + Woody Hannes Feature

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:54 pm

The X wrote:Durant's got a bit of Kobe in him too. When the team's losing everybody is all over him, but when they are winning, well that's what he's suppose to do being the team star & NBA scoring leader etc

Yep, I'm trying to show two sides to the story. You will see some comments from Bogut in the next game recap that gives a different view of Durant - admittedly, Bogut is Durant's best buddy on the Stealth in this story.

I guess the superstar effect that you described happens for all players who want to be stars. They have to be strong enough to take those punches and criticisms before they can take the praise. (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Martti. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 pm

When Ty's gone, Durant can score 30 again without another scorer stealing his shots.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby George7 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Really enjoyed the article.Hopefully Durant will be the player who can help you win the series and make a comeback.
I really want him to play along with Tyson for a while though.Together they can be unstoppable!
George7

Postby BD1899 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:55 am

Really hoping the Seattle Stealth can win their next game. Would be nice to see you come away with a championship trophy after everything you've had to put up with from Durant.

Original image by freshcontrast
BD1899

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:57 am

Thierry • wrote:When I do articles that long, I only hear negative comments, so props for that.
Because Sit knows how to build-up his long stories from the current situation of his association that makes readers wanting more to read and he also has that sense of timing knowing when to break out the long articles that fit very well with the current events of his association.
On the brink of elimination in a conference finals isn't exactly the same weight as preseason or early regular season games that don't even play into the playoff picture.

Sit wrote:Well, I think that you will all be disliking who I startt at PG for Game 6 :)
Jao Wu!? :o :bowdown:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby The X on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:13 am

shadowGrinch wrote:
Thierry • wrote:When I do articles that long, I only hear negative comments, so props for that.
Because Sit knows how to build-up his long stories from the current situation of his association that makes readers wanting more to read and he also has that sense of timing knowing when to break out the long articles that fit very well with the current events of his association.
On the brink of elimination in a conference finals isn't exactly the same weight as preseason or early regular season games that don't even play into the playoff picture.

Agreed, Sit has great characterisation and he are insightful columns, not narrative descriptions. It takes time, best not to compare yourself to the best. Alright to aim to be as good or better the best, just don't measure yourself off it yet. Agreed about the playoff vs pre-season/regular season thing.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:27 am

Lol yeah, I really can't compare myself to Fresh :mrgreen:

Will try to post less or smaller articles then.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Desire (2017), Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:47 am

Thierry • wrote:Lol yeah, I really can't compare myself to Fresh :mrgreen:

Will try to post less or smaller articles then.

Size isn't the issue, it's content. Anyways, enough talk about your Association in here. Back to LIB III, Game 6 should be interesting. I am expecting a Stealth victory (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:25 am

I want some hype! Go game 6 recap !! ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:58 am

I will post Game 6 recap tonight. Just studying for 5 exams atm so expect a little delay in between updates. :)
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:34 am

The X wrote:Size isn't the issue, it's content.

Oh got it. No more talk about it then. :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Desire (2017), Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:02 am

:facepalm:

It's going to be Allen Iverson starting huh? Not Jao Wu. *sigh*
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:31 pm

shadowGrinch wrote::facepalm:

It's going to be Allen Iverson starting huh? Not Jao Wu. *sigh*

I knew you'd be disappointed.

What happened to the hype that Hova tried to start?
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:54 pm

Durant Leads Stealth, Forces Decisive Game Seven
Game 6, Western Conference Finals, 2013 NBA playoffs: Seattle Stealth at Sacramento Kings 93-90 (Series tied 3-3)
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

MAY 26, SACRAMENTO (AP) – After a defeat in Game 5, Seattle Stealth youngsters Jao Wu and Aaron Karl called a players-only meeting. In it, they expressed to the older players how much they wanted everyone to come together to stay alive in the Western Conference Finals. They said that no matter what each individual wanted to achieve, they had to share one common goal: win a championship for Jason Kidd.

“Jason has gotten us this far,” Karl stated, “I would think that it would be tough for him to watch us fall like we have. J (Jao) and I thought enough was enough and it was time to get everyone on the same page. We know that Coach (Sit) has tried his heart out to get through to everyone but it wasn’t working. It was time that one of us said something.” Wu admitted, “I’m only a rookie and Aaron is nearly as young as me. We thought it was a long shot. But for Jason, we had to try something.”

The miracle they were hoping for eventuated and the Stealth’s players regrouped overnight. Kevin Durant led the charge with 34 points as Seattle played on a united front. Durant and Reshawn Tyson set aside their differences to power the Stealth to a win with their backs against the walls. Tyson ended with 17 points and Andrew Bogut added 22.

Durant and Tyson both declined to comment after the game and the team sent Australian All-Star Centre Bogut to conduct the podium interview. Bogut spoke of his two team mates, “They’re playing together again out of respect for Jason.” Bogut also noted that it was great to see Durant play good again and defended his captain for the recent criticism he has received in the media, “Kevin was having a few off-nights. He is an awesome player so don’t try and say that he quit on the team just because he didn’t deliver on one night.”

Moses Chara led the Kings with 29 points and Russell Westbrook had another double double of 21 points, 11 assists. Michael Redd and Al Jefferson added 14 apiece.

The focus was on Durant and Chara all night as the two stars did battle, which seemed to have been won by Durant. Although Chara had 19 points in the first half in comparison to Durant’s 16 and the Kings did hold a lead at halftime (47-42); Durant ended the third quarter with a three point play, drawing a foul off of Chara. That would extend Seattle’s lead to a game-high 9 points at 69-60. Another highlight from Durant was in the final quarter where he soared over Chara to grab a rebound and went coast to coast for the dunk.

Chara was left red-faced after badly missing a three pointer late in the game that could have cut his team’s deficit to one point. On the next possession down the court, Durant would hit a triple in his face to extend Seattle’s advantage to 6 points. Even though Chara would later hit a long range shot with 11 seconds left to cut the Stealth lead to 3, it was too late for any comeback. Chara made note of the pivotal exchange between him and Durant, “I had a chance to help us gain a lot of ground. Things didn’t go my way. Time to move on and think about winning Game 7.”

Chara also refused to acknowledge the fight shown by the Stealth and instead blamed his teammates for giving Seattle a shot at taking the series at home, “Everyone played bad on my team. I’m carrying them and they’re just not performing.”

Head Coach Will Sit praised his young players for their initiative and maturity, “I’m happy that my guys pulled for me at the last minute. Now it’s time for us to go home and defend our home court.” Sit also took a swipe at Chara as well as possibly playing the ‘mind trick’ card with his teammates, “Moses Chara might be the League MVP but he sure isn’t the League’s best team player. What kind of leader would openly criticise his teammates like he does. If I was a player, I would hate to be his teammate. Why don’t any of the Kings stand up to him?”

Notes: Jason Kidd was on the Stealth bench helping the coaching staff again. His right arm is still in a sling… Allen Iverson started at point guard again and was solid with 7 points and 11 assists… Karl and Wu didn’t manage to get off the bench but were the most popular players in the locker room after the game for questions from the media… Seattle won the game thanks to a 27-13 third quarter…

Box Score wrote:Sacramento Kings

SF Moses Chara: 29 points, 4 assists, 2 steals, 11-22 FG, 3-9 3PT, 4-5 FT
PG Russell Westbrook: 21 points, 11 assists
SG Michael Redd: 14 points, 5 assists
PF Al Jefferson: 14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 7-9 FG

Seattle Stealth

SF Kevin Durant: 34 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 12-15 FG, 1-2 3PT, 9-9 FT
C Andrew Bogut: 22 points, 5 rebounds, 11-14 FG
SG Reshawn Tyson: 17 points
PF David Lee: 8 points
SG Allen Iverson: 7 points, 11 assists

NBA.com wrote:Around-The-League Wrap-Up: Game 6

Cavs 100 (James 20 pts, 9 reb, 6 ast, Noah 13 pts, 12 reb, Gay 19 pts, 8 reb)
@
Bucks 95 (Gray 21 pts, 18 reb, 9 ast, 3 blk, 2 stl, Washburn 17 pts, 10 reb, Conley 15 pts)

[Cavs win series 4-2]
Last edited by Fresh8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby dare on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:59 pm

It was close but a win is a win, I thought you're going to use the rookies. After what Chara said to his teammates I'm expecting a collapse for the Kings in 7.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:29 pm

dare wrote:It was close but a win is a win, I thought you're going to use the rookies. After what Chara said to his teammates I'm expecting a collapse for the Kings in 7.

When did I say I would play the rookies?

And Aaron Karl isn't a rookie. :)

ChrisO0 wrote:Great win!

Thank you loyal German follower.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - GAME 6. Kevin's Team! Kevin's Tea

Postby The X on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:55 pm

Yep, I knew you would will out a win. Let's hope you can do the same in game 7 :P

Jay Gray wasn't far off a 20-20-10 triple double. Shame the Bucks went down, but not a surprise.

I'm guessing you are going to post game 7 & then take a hiatus for exams. Am I correct?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:00 pm

The X wrote:Yep, I knew you would will out a win. Let's hope you can do the same in game 7 :P

Jay Gray wasn't far off a 20-20-10 triple double. Shame the Bucks went down, but not a surprise.

I'm guessing you are going to post game 7 & then take a hiatus for exams. Am I correct?

Game 7 will come. :) A hiatus is also on the cards, yes.

As for Gray, he did awesome. At the end of the day, his team is not deep enough. Hopefully Milwaukee picks up a secondary star to play alongside him. Otherwise, it will be KG in Minnesota all over again. (N) At least Gray got outta the first round in his first go. :)

Just thank Durant for hitting big shots. He was great from behind the arc. Points were flowing. (Y)
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:00 am

You once again got out of a tight spot, now let's hope game 7 will run in your favour. Too bad you will have those exams ... exams are D-killers, I'm glad I will only have a spanish exam this semester, nothing else.

You know what would be cool?

I'd love to see a player card of Moses Chara. Just a little card with his personal info and his career total/averages. He's in the league for some time now, I'd love to see his numbers.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:05 am

I can't make any fancy player cards but this offseason, I will do a Hova requested update with some career and season totals for some players then. :)

Well, since its the Free Agency of Chara and Ty's draft class, I will feature them.

How bout that?

Also, got 4 law exams and an econ one. Pretty happy with econ since I have not gone to any classes and have got 34/50 marks so far. Final is worth 50 marks... so will pass without having gone to any classes or study. :) In the midterm, I went in having not read anything. And the assignment, that was a load of shit. I am much harder working with my law subs though. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:07 am

"Player card" was pretty much my way to say "post some numbers". You don't need to be fancy. Just put in College, age, height, weight, years pro and the stats. That's all I'm asking for ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:08 am

hova- wrote:"Player card" was pretty much my way to say "post some numbers". You don't need to be fancy. Just put in College, age, height, weight, years pro and the stats. That's all I'm asking for ;)

Ah ok. Well, I will do some kinda article. Maybe a Ball Don't Lie one. Just a re-draft like I did a few pages back cept with the player numbers in it as well. :)

Or maybe your boy Woody can do an article about the draft itself.

Or maybe I will be boring and just post numbers and stuff. :)

EDIT: Any good suggestions? As in, what kinda article I can do for it?

EDITx2: I know what I'm gonna do. Thanks kids. :)
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:34 am

Way to stay alive! Goodluck in Game 7!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Martti. on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:56 am

Durant had a good game for a change. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:06 am

Martti. wrote:Durant had a good game for a change. :)

He's better than you.
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame