A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - GAME 5 RECAP

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:50 pm

I think the postseason is pretty much over for Sit and his squad. I definitely expect a Durant trade. You don't have the chance to bring in another All-Star I guess, so you need to trade Durant for a decent package.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby The X on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Unfortunately my prediction was right. You needed to win game 4 to win title, otherwise you were done. You can still come back, but it's really tough right now. Chara is just too damn good (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby George7 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Damn!That is really tough situation for the Stealth!
Hopefully you can force a game 7,but with Chara performing that great....
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Lamrock wrote:Bogut clearly isn't the defensive beast here that he is IRL.

It's hard to play defense on 2K9 and on default sliders :lol:

dare wrote:If you don't win this series then I'm going to expect this story to last a little longer.

The story was going to last another 2 seasons regardless...

hova- wrote:I think the postseason is pretty much over for Sit and his squad. I definitely expect a Durant trade. You don't have the chance to bring in another All-Star I guess, so you need to trade Durant for a decent package.

Durant might not be traded... if we lose Ty in free agency.

The X wrote:Unfortunately my prediction was right. You needed to win game 4 to win title, otherwise you were done. You can still come back, but it's really tough right now. Chara is just too damn good (Y)

Chara is the MVP. (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Damn, I forgot this is still 2K9. :bowdown: Tough loss bro, AI was cold.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:47 pm

ChrisO0 wrote:Tough loss. You are definately missing Kidd and AI was obviously no replacement. I guess that Karl will have a great game and you'll tie the series. :cool:

Yep, Kidd is a beast for my team. Shame that he is gone :(

Thierry • wrote:Damn, I forgot this is still 2K9. :bowdown: Tough loss bro, AI was cold.

What's with the :bowdown: ?

Is it good/bad?
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:09 am

Sit wrote:What's with the :bowdown: ?

Is it good/bad?

Good! I mean, Association & Story of the Year 2010 on 2K9, that would be with a game from two years ago. (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:15 am

Thierry • wrote:
Sit wrote:What's with the :bowdown: ?

Is it good/bad?

Good! I mean, Association & Story of the Year 2010 on 2K9, that would be with a game from two years ago. (Y)

It's quite an enjoyable game. (Y)
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:27 am

Sit wrote:It's quite an enjoyable game. (Y)

Yes it is, I still have it installed, but with 2k11, you know. :wink:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:27 am

Thierry • wrote:
Sit wrote:It's quite an enjoyable game. (Y)

Yes it is, I still have it installed, but with 2k11, you know. :wink:

Of course. I haven't been playing 2k11 due to exams... and 2k9 is on and off. But I think this is good to continue after hearing all the other's association problems.
Fresh8

Postby Oskar on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:01 am

Damn, sucks with the loss, don't give up yet though, perhaps you can still get back into the series. Chara is damn good though, he's like Tony G in Poker.
Oskar

Postby Houndy on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:28 am

That loss stings worse than a bee bite. You'll beat Westbrook in Game 6.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby megarover on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:37 am

Win or Go Home. This will be hard with you going on the road
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:56 am

Well, I think that you will all be disliking who I startt at PG for Game 6 :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:16 am

Updated: May 25, 2013
If There’s Any Better Time To Prove It – It’s Now!
Four-time NBA Scoring Champion Kevin Durant has always called the Seattle Stealth ‘his team’. Now would be an opportune time to make the claim ring true.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Durant is a talented scorer but can he carry his team?

By Woody Hannes
ESPN.com Writer

Kevin Durant has become known for his favorite one liner: ‘My team baby’. Durant’s team, the Seattle Stealth, are one game away a second straight elimination at the hands of the Sacramento Kings. It’s as perfect a time as ever for Durant to lift ‘his team’ but something tells me that he either can’t or won’t do it.

Durant has always talked the talk but to be fair, Durant has also walked the walk. With the Stealth, Durant has made it to two Western Conference Finals and missed the playoffs just twice. Multiple All-Star and All-NBA team selections plus four scoring titles, Durant fit right into the franchise and was handed the keys to the team. He became the face of Seattle basketball by default and with the responsibility came a lot of power.

Durant has had his way throughout his entire career. Now he is in his prime and with his team on the brink of elimination, it’s time he repay Seattle for their faith in him. Durant has to give back by getting his team back into this series and willing them to victory. He is the only guy who is able to do it.

Durant has disappeared in these past few games ever since he didn’t get his way at the end of Game 2. Stealth Head Coach Will Sit gave the last shot to someone else. Durant wasn’t the man for the last shot and he has not been the same since. Durant looks like he has quit on his team. It’s sad because he has the talent to turn this series around. I mean, did anyone see that 15 point third quarter in the last game? He can control a game on his own. Unfortunately, he has chosen to take a backseat and watch his team fall in a 2-3 hole.

There was so much promise in the Stealth’s postseason campaign this year. Durant dominated in the first round and did a splendid job of sharing the rock during the second round. It’s sad that the Western Conference Finals has seen him contribute to his team’s crash and possible burn. Now coupled with the loss of shining light Jason Kidd, who knows if Seattle will be able to recover to force Game 7.

So much is on the line here in Seattle. Not only is an NBA Finals spot on the line but so is the credibility of this franchise. The fans have been patient with their team and this season marked the occasion where the Stealth have the best NBA record. That is no coincidence as they have the most talented team in the league by far. I don’t know if Durant understands that if he sabotages everything, he may never get a shot at winning a title again; at least not a surefire shot like this year.

I don’t even know if Durant is smart enough to see that his career and legacy could be defined by what he is doing (or not doing) in this postseason.

Durant is talented. He is the youngest scoring champion in NBA history and he is a 4-time NBA scoring champion. This season was his fourth in a row and there seems to be no slowing Durant down. He will probably have his fifth scoring crown in a row next year.

With his tremendous talent comes an ugly side of Durant. The egotistical side. The ‘hand me everything on a silver platter’ side of him. The one side no one saw coming from the down to Earth and lanky teenager who played his lone freshman year at Texas. Everyone has been left wondering what happened to him in between his rookie season and everything that has happened in the past few weeks.

How did Durant get so out-of-control?

The answer is simple. Durant was handed everything too easily and given too much power within the organization. Every key move Seattle has made can be linked to Durant (all too conveniently). It’s rumored that he asked for Russell Westbrook to be traded because he felt threatened by Westbrook’s potential (funny how karma hits back as Westbrook is carving up the Stealth this series). That was only the start of it all.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize why Durant preferred the team signing Jason Kidd over Steve Nash. Why did David Lee’s career stall after landing in Seattle? Why did Durant push for Andrew Bogut over Chris Bosh? What about Reshawn Tyson barely touching the ball as a rookie and second year pro?

More evidence of Durant’s hand prints over the running of the team? Durant’s insistence on starting a 40 year old Raja Bell or an overrated Adam Morrison over Tyson who has blossomed into an All-Star despite Tyson bring more talented than the aforementioned players. Durant pushing Will Sit out of the Head Office, which sort of backfired because Sit moved to the sideline to ‘fix the problems he created’. And recently, there has been talk of Durant pushing for the trading away of Tyson.

It’s clearly evident that Durant seems to have the final say in everything. Seattle does everything to appease him. Not since Adolf Hitler, Fidel Castro or Kim Jong-Ill has someone had so much power.

If that really is the case, I think it’s only fair to say that it’s time Durant did something to make all the trouble worth it.

It’s time to prove that this is really his team. It’s time to prove that he is worthy to have his team.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - GAME 5 + Woody Hannes Feature

Postby hova- on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:27 am

That's how it is. If he can't deliver, I don't want to see Durant's career being continued at Seattle. His trade value is still very high, so get rid of this fool before he destroy the organization completely.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:49 am

Great article. Here's hoping the Durantula can carry Seattle to a game 6 victory. Gotta say I doubt it though. Even if you do lose, you gotta keep the Durantula. He's the franchise and a classic anti-hero.
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:59 am

Loving the article bro. I guess that's a big difference from my threads, apart from the obvious reasons... your articles hit bullseye. When I do articles that long, I only hear negative comments, so props for that. :bowdown:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 am

Great article. You could replace IRL Lebron James with Kevin Durant & nobody would blink (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby dare on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:59 am

Well if Durant do carry the Stealth for a game 6 victory I think they are able to win game 7 unless the others didn't step up.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Houndy on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:31 am

If Durant can't get a championship this year, I would trade him in a heartbeat and let some unselfish basketball start
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby |)e8* on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Awesome article, hopefully Durant leads your team to victory!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:18 pm

The X wrote:Great article. You could replace IRL Lebron James with Kevin Durant & nobody would blink (Y)

That pretty much summed up my thoughts after the read (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Valor wrote:
The X wrote:Great article. You could replace IRL Lebron James with Kevin Durant & nobody would blink (Y)

That pretty much summed up my thoughts after the read (Y)

After having re-read the article... you are right. I didn't even think of it but Durant has taken the same career trajectory as real life Lebron. I guess my story reflects what could have happened to Durant. Aren't you all glad it didn't? I really did not model him to be like this - pretty amazing what the net result was!

|)e8* wrote:Awesome article, hopefully Durant leads your team to victory!

Thanks De8

Houndy wrote:If Durant can't get a championship this year, I would trade him in a heartbeat and let some unselfish basketball start

hova- wrote:That's how it is. If he can't deliver, I don't want to see Durant's career being continued at Seattle. His trade value is still very high, so get rid of this fool before he destroy the organization completely.

You guys really think I should trade away KD? I mean... as Lamrock says:

Lamrock wrote:Great article. Here's hoping the Durantula can carry Seattle to a game 6 victory. Gotta say I doubt it though. Even if you do lose, you gotta keep the Durantula. He's the franchise and a classic anti-hero.

Thierry • wrote:Loving the article bro. I guess that's a big difference from my threads, apart from the obvious reasons... your articles hit bullseye. When I do articles that long, I only hear negative comments, so props for that. :bowdown:

Thanks Thierry.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Durant's got a bit of Kobe in him too. When the team's losing everybody is all over him, but when they are winning, well that's what he's suppose to do being the team star & NBA scoring leader etc
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame