A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 16

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Sit wrote:What did they do that was classy?

Respecting and cheering on Kidd after he went down (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 4 Recap

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Valor wrote:

That's not classy. It's expected in every sport. Not doing it would be not classy but doing it isn't classified as normal and expected sportsmanship. What would be classy is if the Kings came and helped Kidd out by carrying him to the sideline.

Maybe that's not what happens in Hong Kong but everytime a player is hurt and they leave the playing area, both teams will clap for them. (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:

That's not classy. It's expected in every sport. Not doing it would be not classy but doing it isn't classified as normal and expected sportsmanship. What would be classy is if the Kings came and helped Kidd out by carrying him to the sideline.

Maybe that's not what happens in Hong Kong but everytime a player is hurt and they leave the playing area, both teams will clap for them. (Y)

I don't expect that to happen in Toronto, or Cleveland if it's Lebron :lol:

don't watch hk pro league games (not even on tv) so don't know about that stuff
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:

Well, if people wish injury upon other players, that's a bit low. You never want to see other players get hurt no matter how douche they are.

But I mean, even in high school sports or social sports, everyone still claps for injured/hurt guys to come off field. Sign of encouragement and out of courtesy.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:

Well, if people wish injury upon other players, that's a bit low. You never want to see other players get hurt no matter how douche they are.

But I mean, even in high school sports or social sports, everyone still claps for injured/hurt guys to come off field. Sign of encouragement and out of courtesy.

I suppose, fortunately I haven't been involved in a game where someone was hurt enough to be helped off the court :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:

I suppose, fortunately I haven't been involved in a game where someone was hurt enough to be helped off the court :wink:

Yes. Well, point was that Kings fans weren't classy. End of story. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby C-77 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Also hoping for the Bucks to win :D
|Proud to be a Bedan|Bryan_C. is my cousin|Celtics & Magic fan|Pinoy Ako|

Follow me on Twitter

{♣NBA LIVE IS STILL LIVE!!♣}
C-77
We Do It For The City,We Do It for the fans

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm

megarover wrote:Sit what is up your bigs? They ain't scoring or rebounding which is sad for a tandem as talented as that.

David Lee has always looked pretty ordinary for me. Bogut was beaten by Jefferson tonight. He's pretty up and down. No standout rebounder for me unfortunately. They've had 2 bad games in a row :( I really need them to step up in Game 5.

|)e8* wrote:I was a fan of Chara until he joked about Ty's family

FYI, he's already made those jabs before. (N)

He likes to get into people's heads and doesn't care about the limits to which he goes to do it.

Lamrock wrote:Hope that wasn't Kidd's last game. Also, fuck Queenveland.

As I told you a few weeks ago, there was bad news. And it's in my next update.

dare wrote:what happened to the Bucks, Washburn needs to step up. Hoping for a Bucks win in 7

All the Bucks need to step up.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Jason Kidd: Separated Shoulder, Out 1-2 Weeks

SEATTLE, May 23 (AP) – It has been confirmed that Jason Kidd is injured with a separated shoulder after an awkward fall during the third quarter of Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals between Seattle and Sacramento. The veteran point guard is unable to play for up to 2 weeks.

This latest setback looks to put an end to Kidd’s final ever playoff campaign if Seattle do not eliminate Sacramento to make the NBA Finals. 40 year old Kidd has been the driving force of the Stealth during the postseason as he has posted impressive numbers of 8.5 points, 4.7 rebounds and 9.7 assists a game. Prior to the start of this postseason, there had been widespread talk that this would be Kidd’s final season and, thus, chance at winning an elusive NBA title.

Kidd has declined to talk about his playing future as his team gears up for their pivotal Game 5 clash in Seattle against the Kings. The team captain arrived to his team’s practise with his right arm in a sling. He appeared to be in high spirits and helped Head Coach Will Sit run the session.

The biggest question now is who will take over at point guard for Sit’s team. Allen Iverson, coming off a 37 point performance in Game 4, seems like the most probable replacement. However, Aaron Karl and Jao Wu have also had their names thrown into the mix.

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Injury Update

Postby |)e8* on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:02 pm

1-2 weeks, damn that blows
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby dare on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 pm

You said before that Aaron Karl can have some minutes due to him defending Westbrook, so that is the answer.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:14 am

As dare said, my money's on Karl, but AI on the starting lineup would be nice :cheeky:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:54 am

Start AI, you could use another cocky bastard in the starting line-up. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:10 am

Sit wrote: Kidd’s final preseason campaign ]

You mean "Post"season campaign :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:05 am

I hope that this wasn't the last game for J-Kidd. You need to stop those Kings.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby megarover on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:10 am

I think AI would be better off the bench. I'd rather one of the other two. I'm leaning towards Wu just to change it up.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby George7 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:01 am

That's too bad for you. If the Answer though can step up,you should use him as your starter PG.
George7

Postby The X on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:13 am

hova- wrote:I hope that this wasn't the last game for J-Kidd. You need to stop those Kings.

Given how Kidd's career has played out, it probably is
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:55 am

Chara is gonna get shot in Seattle
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kaiser_kobe on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:28 pm

ouch, that will truly hurt the team...so who will be starting at the point? Iverson? you should try him, maybe he'll go back to the vintage AI :)
See it and tell me what you think.

Toys for the Big Boys.
kaiser_kobe

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:28 pm

The X wrote:
hova- wrote:I hope that this wasn't the last game for J-Kidd. You need to stop those Kings.

Given how Kidd's career has played out, it probably is

Yep, I was pretty shocked that it happened. Ah well, adds more drama to the story. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Chara And Kings Take Advantage of Kidd Absence
Game 5, Western Conference Finals, 2013 NBA playoffs: Sacramento Kings at Seattle Stealth 108-99 (Sacramento lead 3-2)
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

MAY 24, SEATTLE (AP) – For the first time this season, the Seattle Stealth are in trouble. The first seeded Stealth are on the verge of elimination after the Sacramento Kings took a 3-2 series lead with Game 6 to be played on their home court.

Seattle certainly missed Jason Kidd as they played with zero composure down the stretch. Kidd’s replacement in the start lineup was Allen Iverson and ‘The Answer’ finished with a modest 7 points, 7 assists and 3 steals but does not look likely to start Game 6.

Kevin Durant redeemed himself for his Game 4 no-show with 27 points and Andrew Bogut added 22 but that was not enough to help the Stealth get past Moses Chara and his Kings.

Chara continued with his dominance as he put up 36 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists. Al Jefferson easily had his best game of the series with 26 points, 12 rebounds while Michael Redd and Russell Westbrook added 15 points apiece.

Chara seemed very confident heading into a home Game 6, “We can finish these guys off. They got lucky winning two games off us but we’re in a very good position right now. I’ve just got to keep my shooting going and I can get us over the line.”

The game was broken open by the Kings in the second quarter as they went on a ravaging 23-6 scoring run. The Kings won that quarter 37-19 and led at halftime 63-44.

Durant didn’t back down as he threw in 15 third quarter points and helped the Stealth win the third quarter 35-20. Seattle’s comeback lasted in the fourth quarter and eventually closed the gap. Back to back three pointers from Aaron Karl tied the game early in the fourth quarter. Unfortunately for the home side, that was as close as they would get. The Kings would regain their lead as Coach Sit sat out his starters for too long.

By the time Durant, Tyson and Bogut returned to the floor, the Kings were leading by 11 points again and there was just not enough time to have a shot at winning it. Sit lamented the loss as a costly learning experience for both himself and his players, “I learnt a lot tonight not to gamble too much. I apologise to the fans for being a little bit too cautious. I think it’s also a lesson for my guys to come out and finish the job earlier. We don’t want to be in these tough situations.”

Seattle now heads to Sacramento where they will face an in-form Kings squad without their influential leader Kidd. They will also face a hostile home crowd at Arco Arena and the pressure of possible elimination. Coach Sit stated that it will be crucial that his team responds to the pressure, “Not only will we be out (if we lose). We have a real shot at building some character in this team. We can show what we are truly made of.”

Durant, who has been up and down since the first round, was quiet after the game. His only statement all night didn’t even make sense, “I don’t want to look ahead right now. I think it’s important that I look at what went wrong tonight and try and figure out a way to play better in the next game. But I’m not going to talk about the next game until it’s over.”

Tyson might be playing in his last ever game for Seattle if they were to lose Game 6. The fourth year guard was excited about the upcoming challenge, “We have our backs against the wall. This is what we play for. We can bring the series back here.”

Notes: Russell Westbrook was booed by the Seattle crowd during player introductions. The only player who was booed louder was League MVP Chara… Aaron Karl’s impressive showing off the bench might have put him into contention for the starting point guard spot in Game 6… The injured Kidd has a separated shoulder and will be out for up to 2 weeks. The veteran had his arm in a sling as he sat next to Assistant Coach Rasheed Wallace and handed out water and towels during the game…

Box Score wrote:Seattle Stealth

SF Kevin Durant: 27 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 10-16 FG, 7-9 FT
C Andrew Bogut: 22 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks, 11-14 FG
SG Reshawn Tyson: 14 points
PG Aaron Karl: 12 points, 2 assists, 4-9 FG, 4-8 3PT
SF Trevor Ariza: 8 points
SG Allen Iverson: 7 points, 7 assists, 3 steals, 3-10 FG

Sacramento Kings

SF Moses Chara: 36 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 16-28 FG, 3-9 3PT, 1-1 FT
C Al Jefferson: 26 points, 12 rebounds, 11-13 FG, 4-6 FT
SG Michael Redd: 15 points, 7 assists
PG Russell Westbrook: 15 points, 17 assists

NBA.com wrote:Around-The-League Wrap-Up: Game 5

Bucks 99 (Gray 26 pts, 7 reb, 7 ast, Villanueva 21 pts, Washburn 14 pts, 10 reb)
@
Cavs 90 (James 31 pts, 7 reb, Gay 19 pts, Williams 14 pts)

[Cavs lead series 3-2]
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - GAME 5 RECAP

Postby Lamrock on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:04 pm

L-Train!

You just lost the series though. :cry: Maybe next year? Bogut clearly isn't the defensive beast here that he is IRL.
Lamrock

Postby |)e8* on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Tough man, tough
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby dare on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:28 pm

If you don't win this series then I'm going to expect this story to last a little longer.
dare
True kings have rings

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame