River Walk Chronicles ♦ ///

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Redemption • River Walk Chronicles

Postby mp3 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 am

Best of luck dude , dont make to many trades right off the bat :wink:
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

River Walk Chronicles ♦ Spurs Beat

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:44 am

Spurs sold to French billionaire Thierry Tirieux
    nba.com/spurs/beat | October 24th, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs owner Peter Holt has sold most of the shares of the team to French billionaire Thierry Tirieux, it was announced today, making Tirieux the new majority owner after the league approves the purchase. Former Spur and NBA champion David Robinson also purchased shares of the team making him a minority owner. The price of the transaction of Holt’s share of the team is undisclosed. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich commented, “the sale of Peter’s share of the team is a business decision. He is a close friend of mine, this will not change our relationship, as it goes well beyond business. I've heard Mr. Tirieux is a long-time and passionate Spurs fan and we are very happy to have him as a partner. And about David, we're gonna have to hold on him one more time (laughing). Seriously, every member of the Spurs organization is delighted to have The Admiral back on board.”

“After heavy deliberation, I have decided to sell my shares of the organization to David and Mr. Tirieux. I will continue to work alongside the other teams in the different leagues. This was a bittersweet business decision made on behalf of my family and myself. Thierry is a huge Spurs fan, an outstanding businessman, also is a close friend with Tony (Parker), and one of the most known people in France,” said Holt. “I want to assure all the wonderful Spurs fans that my decision will in no way affect my dedication and support for the organization.” Holt is no longer related to the Spurs, but still owns the WNBA's San Antonio Silver Stars, the AHL's San Antonio Rampage, and the NBA Development League's Austin Toros.

Tirieux, born in France in 1990, is the youngest owner in the NBA and the second European owner after New Jersey's Mikhail Prokhorov, and has been a Spurs season ticket holder for the last 5 years. “The team’s leadership and spirit of community engendered in this team is an inspiration to us all. Peter is a shining example of excellence on and off the court, and it is a privilege to have acquired his ownership position. Peter brought the excitement of the NBA back to San Antonio and gave them 4 NBA championships, and I hope that I, as the principal owner of the organization, make the team continue its growth as a success on the court, as a business success and as a valued community asset. My money is on bringing this city another couple of trophies.”

One of the top centers of his era, David “The Admiral” Robinson was a marvel of a basketball player and a respected figure off the court. A lean, muscular, 7-1 athlete, he was fast, strong and agile. In his first six NBA seasons he won Rookie of the Year, NBA MVP and Defensive Player of the Year awards, in addition to a rebounding title, a scoring crown, six All-Star bids, three selections to the All-NBA First Team and three selections to the NBA All-Defensive First Team. Robinson's lasting legacy was also defined by his status one of the pre-eminent philanthropists in all of professional sports. On March 23, 2003, NBA Commissioner David Stern announced that future winners of the NBA Community Assist Award would receive the David Robinson Plaque, with the inscription, “Following the standard set by NBA Legend David Robinson, who improved the community piece by piece.” Robinson said today, “it is an honor for me to be part of the Spurs family once again. Can't wait to see this new team on the court and re-unite with Tim (Duncan), Manu (Ginobili) and everyone else.” Robinson will also be an assistant general manager to GM R.C. Buford.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Facebook | Image Twitter | Image Texting | Image Podcast | Image MySpace | Image LinkedIn
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:30 am, edited 8 times in total.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Thief (1981), The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:54 am

Bomb Diggity wrote:I've heard your name pop up around associations/dynasties that go for a week or two then die and you make a new one, so.. in that case.. good luck! haha.

I'm a big fan of the big fundamental, and I read this amazing article on Manu in Slam #119. After that article I got a new appreciation for the dude and his style of play, anyway, as said, good luck. :)

Yeah, not proud of that. :shake: Also a fan of TD, and Manu is my fav player. Gotta get him to post some triple-doubles :cheeky:

dare wrote:Guys you give thierry another chance even though we already tried it 38 times (I think) there is no harm in giving him one more.

Thanks man, but yeah, I'd say around 46-48 times. :lol:

Clutch wrote:GL man! glad you fixed it

Thanks man... buckle up guys, this is going to be a long ride. :wink:

The X wrote:If I think a post is pure spam to take the piss out on Thierry's past failures then I will be using my mod powers to keep this thread on topic. As I've said previously, the joke has played its course. Obviously if he "Thierry's" this Association then it's open game, but until such time I'm going to allow Thierry one last, fair chance at an Association/Dynasty & hope he doesn't blow it.

That is all. Please continue.

Thanks Mr. X. :)

badreligionau wrote:Best of luck Thierry (y) if you keep this going, I'll do my best to follow. I wanna see TD get one more ring before he retires ;)

Thanks man. Must learn a lot from your stories. 2018!

De8 wrote:Good luck.If you lose interest and end this soon I shall chop your nuts off

Thanks, and don't worry, I shall chop them myself :P

George7 wrote:I will follow this and hopefully it can go far.

Good Luck and as all said here, give Duncan a last ring!

Thanks man, and that's the plan. At least 1 more ring for the Big 3.

newc wrote:Good luck!

and don't blow this one up too ;)

Thanks man, hopefully nothing happens. I've said this 5,438 times, but I'm already in plan of making backups :lol:

Valor wrote:A bit of an advice, don't recap all 82, no matter how mini they are since you will (anyone will) get burnt out :wink:
Just don't set any restraints on yourself as to what standard it must be, have fun and enjoy the process man

Good Luck (Y)
maksie wrote:good luck with this one and just what Valor said,dont recap all 82 !

I just want to recap all 82 to make it look like a story... I have some things I want to add so I don't get bored... might recap 3 or 4 games at the same time.

Cryme Tyme wrote:Always I say good luck, this time "good luck" too. I always hope for a successful association made by you.

an advice: it should be plain, so it'll be easier.

Thanks. :) Hope it will be successful.

.PorkyJoker.o6 wrote:Im A Manu Fan So, I Should Follow This.
Good Luck With This

A fellow Manu fan :D Thanks man!

Houndy wrote:I'll change my comment to good luck, even though as a mavs fan I hate the spurs

Lol man, thanks, I'm a fan of the Spurs but that doesn't mean I hate the Mavs. I like all teams...

hova- wrote:Good luck, homz. I hope you can make it this time.

Thanks man, hopefully you can follow later (I know some guys don't follow until I'm like, 15 games done). :wink:

mp3 wrote:Best of luck dude , dont make to many trades right off the bat :wink:

Thanks bro. I only have one deal I'm doing now, and no more trades until February.

Recapping, thanks a lot to everyone for the good luck wishes. And the story starts... NOW! :D
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Clutch on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:58 am

Thanks man... buckle up guys, this is going to be a long ride. :wink:

Censorship BITES DONG :crazy: I considered boycotting your Assoc. because of it, but realized i didn't lose sleep over it

anyhoo, as Chuck would say... GIIINOOOBILIIIII!!! :headbang:
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Re: Redemption • River Walk Chronicles ♦ Spurs Beat

Postby Axel The Great on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 am

Good team choice. Even though I'm a Rockets fan, the Spurs would be my team to support if the Rockets folded. Off-topic: I've been to the Riverwalk before, it's awesome. :D

Good Luck Thierry. Since you're a reader of my dynasty, I'll be a reader of your association, as long as you keep it going. :wink:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Bomb Diggity on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:01 am

Sounded like a good article, if everything you write is that long though, I think that it might be a strain for people to read it, so maybe only write stuff that long for important things, like the Spurs being sold etc. etc. :)
Bomb Diggity

River Walk Chronicles ♦ Spurs Beat

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:41 am

Spurs acquire Corey Maggette
    nba.com/spurs/beat | October 25th, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Spurs general manager R.C. Buford announced today that they have acquired swingman Corey Maggette from the Golden State Warriors in a trade that sent Richard Jefferson and Bobby Simmons from the Spurs to the Chicago Bulls, Charlie Bell and Dan Gadzuric from Milwaukee to Golden State, and Luol Deng from Chicago to Milwaukee.

An 11-year NBA veteran, Maggette averaged 19.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 70 games for Golden State last season. He ranked 17th in the NBA in scoring average and 19th in field goal percentage (.516), while holding the distinction of owning the league’s highest scoring average for a player who logged fewer than 30.0 minutes per game (29.7 mpg). Maggette was one of seven NBA players to average at least 19.0 points and shoot at least 50 percent from the field, and one of five NBA players to average double figures in scoring, shoot 50 percent from the field and 80 percent from the free throw line. His 7.9 free throw attempts per game ranked 7th in the NBA last season. “Corey has been a consistent scorer throughout his career,” said Buford. “He shoots a solid percentage from the field and has shown the ability to get to the free throw line. We’re looking forward to having him in a Spurs uniform and we wish Richard and Bobby the best of luck in Chicago.” Maggette will wear #5, previously worn by Curtis Jerrells, who was traded a couple of days ago to New Orleans.

San Antonio trades: Richard Jefferson, Bobby Simmons
    San Antonio receives: Corey Maggette

Lineup before (09/10): T. Parker / R. Mason / R. Jefferson / T. Duncan / A. McDyess ••• M. Ginobili / D. Blair / G. Hill / M. Finley
    Lineup after (10/11): T. Parker / M. Ginobili / C. Maggette / D. Blair / T. Duncan ••• G. Hill / A. McDyess / T. Splitter / A. Gee

Golden State trades: Corey Maggette
    Golden State receives: Dan Gadzuric, Charlie Bell

Lineup before (09/10): S. Curry / M. Ellis / C. Maggette / A. Randolph / A. Biedrins ••• A. Morrow / R. Turiaf / R. Williams / A. Tolliver
    Lineup after (10/11): S. Curry / M. Ellis / R. Williams / D. Lee / A. Biedrins ••• E. Udoh / C. Bell / D. Gadzuric / L. Amundson

Milwaukee trades: Dan Gadzuric, Charlie Bell
    Milwaukee receives: Luol Deng

Lineup before (09/10): B. Jennings / M. Redd / C. Delfino / L. Mbah a Moute / A. Bogut ••• J. Salmons / E. Ilyasova / D. Gadzuric / L. Ridnour
    Lineup after (10/11): B. Jennings / J. Salmons / L. Deng / L. Mbah a Moute / A. Bogut ••• M. Redd / C. Delfino / E. Ilyasova / L. Sanders

Chicago trades: Luol Deng
    Chicago receives: Richard Jefferson, Bobby Simmons

Lineup before (09/10): D. Rose / R. Brewer / L. Deng / C. Boozer / J. Noah ••• J. Johnson / K. Hinrich / T. Gibson / H. Warrick
    Lineup after (10/11): D. Rose / R. Brewer / R. Jefferson / C. Boozer / J. Noah ••• K. Korver / C.J. Watson / T. Gibson / B. Simmons

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Facebook | Image Twitter | Image Texting | Image Podcast | Image MySpace | Image LinkedIn
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:44 am

Clutch wrote:I considered boycotting your Assoc. because of it, but realized i didn't lose sleep over it

anyhoo, as Chuck would say...
GIIINOOOBILIIIII!!! :headbang:

Ah, that's evil man.

Manu's gonna burn a lot of defenses this season.
:twisted:

Axel. wrote:Good team choice. Even though I'm a Rockets fan, the Spurs would be my team to support if the Rockets folded. Off-topic: I've been to the Riverwalk before, it's awesome. :D

Good Luck Thierry. Since you're a reader of my dynasty, I'll be a reader of your association, as long as you keep it going. :wink:

Thanks man. Oh, I wish I could see the Riverwalk sometime in my life. :D

I jinxed myself saying I want to go a couple of years, so I won't say anything.

Bomb Diggity wrote:Sounded like a good article, if everything you write is that long though, I think that it might be a strain for people to read it, so maybe only write stuff that long for important things, like the Spurs being sold etc. etc. :)

Hehe, relax, only for that article, it was a paragraph from each point of view (Popovich, Holt, Tirieux and Robinson). Small pieces coming from now on, like the one I just posted. :wink:

Comments on the deal? Got into the Warriors-Bucks deal and worked from there. I'm really happy with my lineup now and I have to say, no more deals until February at least. Also edited the index with the sections. :)
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [0-0] River Walk Chronicles ♦ Spurs acquire Maggette [25

Postby dare on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:02 am

Good for Chicago and Spurs but I'm sure the Bulls can acquire a better player than Jefferson.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:38 am

I like the Bucks' lineup.

I was hoping Jefferson could get a shot to prove he can be a part of the team but Maggette is not a bad acquisition. (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby .PorkyJoker.o6 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:45 am

After Jefferson having a poor 09-10, Maggette wasnt a pretty bad acquisition (Y)
.PorkyJoker.o6

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Doesn't Golden State have Dorell Wright?
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Axel The Great on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Good acquisition. (Y) Love the way you went into detail about his stats. BTW, did you make those team logos? They're nice.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

River Walk Chronicles ♦ Thierry's Morning Coffee

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:48 pm

2010/11 Spurs Season Preview
    nba.com/spurs/morningcoffee | October 26th, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- Welcome to my "Morning Coffee" blog, Spurs fans. This is my first analysis of the Spurs and I know it's a long read. After 2 days of being around the team facilities and chatting with every person in the building, I've come across some interesting tidbits to discuss.

At precisely the time when much of the world thought he must have been drifting apart from reality, Richard Jefferson was, in fact, sailing above the clouds after his agent officially announced that he was opting out of the last year of his contract and giving up $15 million. Jefferson got a new four-year deal worth $33.8 million, and he believed the next leg of the journey would be smoother. But only 24 hours after Peter Holt sold me the team, Jefferson found himself being traded to Chicago along Bobby Simmons, after a 2-hour meeting I had with my friend & general manager R.C. Buford. A year ago, Jefferson had arrived in Gregg Popovich's squad as the centerpiece of a reconstruction project that was supposed to send the Spurs back into the upper echelon of the West, and once more jetting into championship contention. But instead it turned into a disappointing, turbulent flight that kept the seat belt signs lit for almost the entire year and I didn't want to take that risk again.

Enter Corey Maggette. From the trade press release: “Maggette averaged 19.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 70 games for Golden State last season (...) Ranked 17th in the NBA in scoring average and 19th in field goal percentage (.516), while holding the distinction of owning the league’s highest scoring average for a player who logged fewer than 30.0 minutes per game (29.7) (...) One of seven NBA players to average at least 19.0 points and shoot at least 50 percent from the field (...) One of five NBA players to average double figures in scoring, shoot 50 percent from the field and 80 percent from the free throw line (...) Ranked 7th in the NBA last season in free throw attempts per game (7.9).” I was impressed. As most Spurs fans have already pointed out to me in this past few days, the lack of accurate outside shooting was evident in last year’s playoff sweep to Phoenix. We have made moves to address this need, drafting James Anderson and a hired gun such as Gary Neal; Maggette also holds a .321% career 3PT%, but still, color me cautious. R.C., David "The Admiral" Robinson and me won't hesitate to shake the roster a little.

My friend Tony Parker is playing for a contract: Manu Ginobili was masterful in his contract year last term, and we're gonna need the same magic from Tony to have a chance at another ring. As the season begins, our own Big 3 of TP, Manu and Tim Duncan are all physically in the best shape of the past three or four seasons; none of them are recovering from offseason surgery; and none of them is worn out or beaten up from having played in the World Championships. And it will help that Brazilian rookie Tiago Splitter, a first-round pick in 2007, is finally making his NBA debut; if you ask me, the most anticipated move of our offseason was his addition and I'm really glad he's on board. Tiago finished his season in the ACB by winning the title and MVP award. He got married and we interrupted his honeymoon, even.

Checklist: bigger strengths. Our biggest point of pride, quite possibly the one thing we will do better than anything else: rebounding. Mr. Fundamental and Antonio McDyess have been among the league leaders in rebound rate almost every single year they’ve been in the NBA. This year we’ve got another young wing player that rebounds the ball very well for his position in the 20th pick overall Anderson. If I were Pop, I would replace Matt Bonner's last season minutes with a slightly better rebounder in Splitter. Then, the guy who had the highest rebound rate of any rotation player in the league last year and earned himself a starting spot this season, DeJuan Blair, who's quicker, stronger, and more athletic than he’s ever been. Quote me after the season: he’s going to be an absolute monster on the boards.

And our other strong point: defense at the rim. A top 5 team in this category last year. With Tiago and an improving Blair aboard, the interior defense isn’t getting any weaker. The improvements that Splitter and DeJuan bring to protect the paint should be more than enough to cover for any mistake from Timmy or McDyess. The Spurs defend well where it really matters the most: at the rim and around the arc - although the 3pt defense needs some improvement to get back to where it was during the seasons that ended with a trophy.

While there are a few other weaknesses for this team (as I said, outside shooting, maybe defense outside the paint), I must repeat something that’s irritated Spurs fans the past years -- the age issue. In my opinion, this is one of the last hurrahs for this historic group. Let’s face it: while the roster average age is relatively young compared to the rest of the league, this concern has been mostly directed to our three key championship cogs - especially Duncan. The team will live and die with its superstars; it’s probably that easy. But I'm certain we will continue to find a way to stay relevant, even if the core ages. If our Big Three aren’t playing at a championship-caliber level come May-June, unless George Hill or DeJuan suddenly make a quantum leap in terms of production to compensate or Maggette transforms into some sort of Fantastic Four, it’s going to be a tough, tough road. But hey, every new season, and now more than ever, with me taking the reign, I remain hopeful that the Spurs have a shot -- it’s been that way for more than a decade, right?

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [0-0] River Walk Chronicles ♦ Thierry's Morning Coffee

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:54 pm

dare wrote:Good for Chicago and Spurs but I'm sure the Bulls can acquire a better player than Jefferson.

Thanks man. Yeah the Bulls could acquire a better player, but I thought they already had Korver, James Johnson, Brewer, who can play at SF...

Sit wrote:I like the Bucks' lineup.

I was hoping Jefferson could get a shot to prove he can be a part of the team but Maggette is not a bad acquisition. (Y)
.PorkyJoker.o6 wrote:After Jefferson having a poor 09-10, Maggette wasnt a pretty bad acquisition (Y)

Thanks guys. Yep, really interesting team in Milwaukee. Never liked Jefferson, I hated him more when Bowen and Oberto were traded to get him. :( Corey's one of my favs.

Houndy wrote:Doesn't Golden State have Dorell Wright?

Oh yeah, didn't come up to my mind at the moment. He's on board.

Axel. wrote:Good acquisition. (Y) Love the way you went into detail about his stats. BTW, did you make those team logos? They're nice.

Thanks man. I'd say is my forte, association titles (lol) and articles... I know they are a little long, but there were some things I didn't want to leave off the text. And yes, I made all the logos (you can check the image location and change the team name to see them). :wink:
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Clutch on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:49 pm

damn... definitely not a fan of Corey Maggarbage (N)... better keep Timmy healthy and dominating or this'll be pretty difficult to follow
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby mp3 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Great job as usual with the layout , i actually love the Corey Maggette trade he's the type of player that once you get used to using can fill up a boxscore and ive never liked Jefferson going all the way back to his Nets days (Y)
mp3

Postby The X on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Don't like the deal for Bucks. I'd much prefer Maggette than Deng (N)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby dare on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Sorry to tell this but I did not even finish reading the blog, but I did try. :P I know its a preview of the team but it can be a little shorter than that. We all know what Mcdyess,Manu,Duncan,Parker,Blair and Hill can do and we know what to expect from them. For me is much better if you only focus on the new acquisitions like Splitter, Anderson and Maggette.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Martti. on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 pm

I like the deal, getting Maggette. But so far, the recaps looks even more detailed and there's still too much text imo.

Good luck. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby mp3 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:39 pm

Actually i would agree about the amount of text you put in this... less is more my friend.
mp3

Postby |)e8* on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:27 pm

reading that latest article gave me a headache, such small text
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby George7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 pm

Damn,i would prefer Deng for Richardson any day for the Bulls.
George7

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Mags can provide damage.... If he is used right
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Justine. on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Good trade. Jefferson is one who I admire in the past, sucks he's not that good now. Maggette can improve your offense force. Good luck (Y)
Justine.
Novakaine!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame