Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's ... - Who hired Hova?

Postby puttincomputers on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Sweet! And the move to Seattle is a logical choice.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby hova- on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Lamrock, glad you like the choice, Kings roster is really very promising, many big bodies, two superb role players and a potential go-to-guy in Evans.

The X, ye, I'd also love to make a real expansion draft ... I hope that 2k can get that into the game anytime.

maksie, glad you like, thx for following.

Martti., I really need a team with cool colours/jerseys/court when making a dynasty ... I just can't stand some teams outfit and it kills me when I play with them ;)

Sit, glad your down ... I take your greatness as an idol a bit I guess, I also want to make generated rookies count in this one ... oh and I'm also in Seattle, but I guess that's just a random relation to your D.

puttincomputers, I had to look for a team on the pacific or northwest division. The Kings were the most realistic choice since they are in talks to move away in real life either.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:49 am

I wasn't pleased with the locale. :P But I won't stop you. I do like the Sonics and at least I can still say I have the ugliest jerseys on the forums. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby hova- on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:58 am

I really did not think about it before posting ... the Stealth is something completely different :P Actually you got the OKC roster ... about the jersey thing ... I don't know one team that could compete with you in that regard ...
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby hova- on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:35 am

So that's it, I'm back into NBA business and after moving into my fresh accommodation I decided to have a look on Sonics.com to analyse the roster of my new squad.
SONICS.COM wrote:Image

"Definitely better than what Larry and MJ left me with the Bobcats", I mumbled as I broke down my roster.

Frontcourt

Geoff Petrie definitely did a good job boosting the Kings' frontcourt in the offseason. It also seems like he will be my assistant GM with the Sonics from what I heard lately.

C

We have no All-Star center in our lineup, but I can name you 25 other teams who haven't either. So in that regard, I think we have a pretty deep center position. Sam Dalember can give you length, rebounding and shotblocking as well as solid one-on-one post defense. Demarcus Cousins is some big talent. His body combined with his quickness and developing skills on offense makes him a threat downlow now already. Hassan Whiteside dropped a bit in the draft, but despite his rawness, I think he can develope into a solid NBA big.

Grade: All in all I like our center position and I think we can work with that in the future (although Sam's contract is horrible). GRADE B-

PF

On the power forward spot we can fall back on one of the NBA's best role players in Carl Landry. He is the complementary key to both Dalembert and Cousins, as he can do a little bit of everything. Jason Thompson is a great offensive rebounder and mid range shooter, but he still needs to get tougher in the paint and especially on defense. I'm not too sure about his role right now, but he's definitely a guy you can throw in next to a tough center, like Aldridge/Camby on Portland. I doubt that Darnell Jackson will see much playing time.

Grade: Our power forward is solid, but I still hope that we can improve on this position via our guys developing. GRADE C

SF

The small forward starting job goes to Omri Casspi. Just like Landry, I find him to be the perfect role player. He can hit the mid range shot, pass the ball and go to the basket. I hope he can improve his rebounding and be a bit tougher in the paint using his size. Antoine Wright finds himself ahead of Donte Green as I really appreciate his defense against scoring wing men. Still these guys will heavily compete for minutes on the three. Oh, and forget Marcus Landry, I guess there's only one reason for him being on the roster ...

Grade: Casspi is a decent all-around player. The rest is semi-NBA material. We might try to get another swingmen in the offseason. GRADE C-

Backcourt

SG

Breaking down the two-guard spot, where would this team be without Tyreke Evans? He's the key to our success in this league. The goal is to give him mismatches on offense so that he can use his ability to drive to the bucket. I hope he can improve on his jump shot though. Off the bench Francisco Garcia should help us with his shooting. I also see him playing the three alongside Tyreke at times for some drive&kick action. Luther Head may only see limited minutes, but he can play the point either and I plan him to be in our rotation.

Grade: Evans is an upcoming star in this league. Garcia's a decent bench player. GRADE B

PG

I have summed up our playmaker position as the biggest weakness. Beno Udrih does not only earn too much money, he is also a below-average playmaker in this league. Pooh Jeter is a rookie, and honestly, what can you expect from a guy named Pooh? I hope Udrih can take another step as I don't want Tyreke Evans to play the point, but seriously, even with Luther Head in our rotation, we need a better point guard. Be it via draft or free agency, this is where I want our team to improve.

Grade: Definitely the weakness on our roster, PGs will be the major concern in our personal plannings. GRADE D

So after all, I set five goals I want to achieve in our first season:

ImageReach the Playoffs (hey, it's possible)
ImageGet Tyreke into the All Star Game (possible)
ImageCousins for All Rookie First Team (definitely possible)
ImageWin over 60% against the East (a bit difficult)
ImageFinish 2nd behind the Lakers in the Pacific Division (difficult)

You guys can vote for the goals that you think I will reach and will collect points. I'm still not too sure what you will achieve with those points, but I have something on my mind.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:45 am

hova- wrote:I really did not think about it before posting ... the Stealth is something completely different :P Actually you got the OKC roster ... about the jersey thing ... I don't know one team that could compete with you in that regard ...

I'm kidding man. I know you will do a fine job. :)

Reach the Playoffs (hey, it's possible) - No
Get Tyreke into the All Star Game (possible) - No
Cousins for All Rookie First Team (definitely possible) - Yes
Win over 60% against the East (a bit difficult) - No
Finish 2nd behind the Lakers in the Pacific Division (difficult) - No
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: Hov's Sonics - Roster Breakdown

Postby Martti. on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:47 am

I think you'll get Tyreke to the All-Star Game and Cousins All-Rookie team, but not more. The division is tough with Phoenix there and the West in all is tough for you to make the Playoffs. Having a winning record against the East appears doable, but I don't think you'll win 60%.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:01 am

Oh, loving the team choice. Can't wait for the start :cheeky:

Finish 2nd behind the Lakers in the Pacific Division (difficult) - Yes
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby puttincomputers on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:31 am

Reach the Playoffs (hey, it's possible) - Yes
Cousins for All Rookie First Team (definitely possible) - No
Win over 60% against the East (a bit difficult) - Yes
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby The X on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:15 am

Hmm, I dunno know. It's hard to get my head around the Kings in Seattle. Then again, was probably the same for Lamrock getting his head around Durant & Sonics being in OKC. Ahh well, OKC Durant >>> Sonics' Durant.

As for expansion draft, you'd have to do it in roster sort menu before you start an Association. Use the 95-96 Sonics roster, get rid of oldies then 'select your team'. I believe each NBA team could protect about 8 players on roster. That will naturally mean teams like the Knicks will not protect Eddy Curry, & the same league wide, bad contracts will be left unprotected. That's why teams like Raptors & Grizz pick low salary guys who are under-appreciated (i.e. Doug Christie, Blue Edwards FTW etc). That was my plan, & who knows, it still might happen :lol: A 31 team league :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 am

Love it man, bringing back the Sonics makes everything feel nostalgic again.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:07 am

Would probably rate your frontcourt higher. Dalembert is very solid and Cousins looks like a beast. Furthermore, Carl Landry's a fringe all-star! Miss the little in-game pics of your players

As for your goals...

Reach the Playoffs (hey, it's possible) - No (You have the talent to theoretically make it, but my gut says you have another poor start like your 'Cats)
Get Tyreke into the All Star Game (possible) - Yes (he's a beast, especially in simmed games)
Cousins for All Rookie First Team (definitely possible) - Yes (I bet he wins ROY)
Win over 60% against the East (a bit difficult) - No (decent conference now!)
Finish 2nd behind the Lakers in the Pacific Division (difficult) - No (Suns are probably still better)
Lamrock

Postby dare on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:36 am

Now two associations is in Seattle, love the team choice. Definitely you have to trade for some SF

dare
True kings have rings

Postby Houndy on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:33 am

Reach the Playoffs (hey, it's possible) No
Get Tyreke into the All Star Game (possible) Probably, but no
Cousins for All Rookie First Team (definitely possible) Yes
Win over 60% against the East (a bit difficult) Yeah
Finish 2nd behind the Lakers in the Pacific Division (difficult) No
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby |)e8* on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Yes to Evans becoming all star and Cousins Rookie first team. Others all no
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby hova- on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:00 pm

Wolves spoil Seattle's league comeback

Tyreke Evans' 30 points were not enough for the Sonics to grab a road win in Minneapolis

Image Image

MINNEAPOLIS, OCTOBER 27 (AP) - Kevin Love leads Minnesota to first W of the season.

The Timberwolves are still waiting for the right power forward to take place for Kevin Garnett, who left them now already three years ago to find his fortune in Celtics.
Whilst Al Jefferson never seemed to be the right solution for them, Kevin Love might just be ready to take the spot in his third year as a pro.

Love scored 21 points and grabbed 17 rebounds in 34 minutes of game action to lead the Timberwolves to a double-digit win against the reappearing Sonics.

"I think the whole USA basketball experience helped him a lot", Wolves coach Kurt Rambis said after the game. "Players seem to improve when they play those big tournaments in the summer, it's very motivating to play on a world cup squad", he added.

But it was not only Love's big night, as he also added 3 blocks and shot an efficient 10-14 from the field. He also got great help from rookie Wes Johnson who scored a team-high 22 points and had some spectacular dunks. Jonny Flynn added 17 and Michael Beasley scored 12 points.

The Sonics had problems on offense shooting an horrid 38% from the floor. Tyreke Evans scored a game-high 30 points and added 5 assists but also shot only 11-26 from the field (but 8-9 from the foul line).

"We had almost no chance to play together under new coach Hova", veteran Sam Dalembert stated after the game.
The offseason acquisition grabbed 13 boards and blocked 3 shots, but could also not help the Sonics on offense.

"We're still in progress and we have a lot of work to do especially on offense", Coach Hova constituted after the game.

Apart from Evans only Carl Landry and Jason Thompson scored in double digits with 13 and 10 points respectively. The Sonics also had to do without Israeli small forward Omri Casspi who fell down hard in the first and injured his knee.

"It's nothing too serious, but he may have to sit out for a game or two", Hova said about the 6-10 forward who hobbled down the court for 5 more minutes before leaving the game.

NOTES: The Sonics will move on to New Jersey, who won their home opener against the Detroit Pistons ... Rookie big man Demarcus Cousins only played 7 minutes (coaches decision) and scored 4 points and grabbed 5 boards ... Jonny Flynn led all players with a plus/minus of +25 ... Tyreke Evans and Beno Udrih played a game-high 46 minutes (slider tweaking plz) ... the T-Wolves shot a poor 4-23 from downtown but outrebounded the Sonics 49-40

Miami trio gets beat by Boston 93-110 ...
Brooks destroys Lakers ring party, scores 39 in road win ...
Durant scores 31 in Thunder's win over Bulls ...
Louis Williams breaks arm in Sixers loss (4-6 weeks) ...
Last edited by hova- on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics - Season Opener ...

Postby hova- on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:02 pm

You may tell me what you think about the recap ... no boxscores as I don't want to take pics with my cam ... but if you'd like boxscores just tell me ... presentation is toned down as I want to get this one going and make it long -> one recap does not need to be that in depth. Still criticism is really appreciated (like Lamrock with the ingame player pics, I will add them for sure ;) )
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby The X on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Is it bad of me that I'm happy the T'wolves won? Gives me some hope for mine :lol:

As for recap, I think the length & detail is fine. Very concise. Honestly, since you asked for criticism, presentation is a little bit meh. I like the score of game layout & the pic, but I think if you clean up the presentation style a little, you will be sweet. I'd probably tinker with the "Headlines" graphic, change up that section slightly. Still, I like recap is concise like Lamrock's, just some minor tweaking to format layout & you will have it down pat (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby |)e8* on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Love is a beast!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby dare on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:39 pm

I didn't expect you to lose against the Wolves, you should give more PT to Cousins. Nice recap as for me I would like to see boxscores for us to see how a certain player did in the game (ex: Michael Beasley).
dare
True kings have rings

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:08 pm

Tyreke looks good in the sonics uni, i like the concept.... goodluck with this
qfrmcpt310

Postby Eirsej on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:33 pm

Recap looks very neat. Good job! (Y)
Eirsej

Postby Martti. on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:46 pm

I like the simple recap. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:04 am

The X, thx for the critique, I changed the recap a bit and find it better (especially the fonts). I used some old graphics from my Cats one as I like them very much.

De8, yes, he was so tough to defend and grabbed a ton of boards ... I need some slider tweaks here and there I once again noticed against the Nets ...

Martin., Cousins should play more, but with my recent sliders, Dalembert needed no rest at all and I thought he could slow down Love ... he couldn't. About the boxscores ... I think I won't add them because the 2k boxes just suck, I need to take 2 photos and put them together via photoshop ... they should just make it on one screen without scrolling ... I will try to post more numbers though. Thx for your advice.

qfrmcpt310, Tyreke really has some swagger, I like him as the face of the 'chise.

Eirsej, thx man ;)

Martti., cool, I also think it's quite good now as I edited it a bit. Put some filter on the photo.

Once again thx for the response. I think I won't put the most effort on recaps and rather give you some of those gimmick like R2MVP and stuff. My sliders suck right now, Nets game once again showed that, but I hope I will find some decent sliders.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame