A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Player Awards, NLSCer Rewards

Postby newc on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:48 am

Rookie of the year, hell yeah :applaud:

Lamrock wrote:All the so-called "experts" who were paid off by Kalnins can eat a bag of dicks!

jealous? :P :D
newc

Postby newc on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:34 am

Press release from Janis Kalnins after winning the Rookie of the Year trophy.

First of all, I want to say, that I’m not surprised, I really deserved this trophy more than other rookies. I thank everyone, who believed in me, especially my family and friends and coaches in Latvia. I thank my previous club, Kaunas Zalgiris, to let me play real man basketball. I wouldn’t be here without you! I thank to the Minnesota Timberwolves organisation, for giving me a chance to start games, you won’t regret this. Next year I will get the Wolves into play-offs and we will win a championship in 5 years.

I now this award brings me a lot of responsibility, because all Latvians, I’d say even whole Europe are waiting for me to succeed. They hope that, I will become a star here, so that we, Europeans, could prove, that great basketball players come from there too. I’m not talking about Nowitzki or Gasol, I’m talking about a completely different level – Kobe, James and Durant level. I am confident, that I can reach it and I have made the first step, getting the Rookie of the Year trophy, already.

As for the Liam Washburn’s previous statements: I forgive him for what he said. I really understand him, he is dissapointed for not getting the award, but you can’t blame the experts that they chose the next Dirk( you know, when he wasn’t old) over a guy, who had a decent season on a mediocre team. Yeah OK, he is good, but we’re talking about the next superstar here. And I personally guarantee, that we will beat the Bucks next time we meet them.

I thank again to all the fans of Minnesota Timberwolves and fans of me as a player personally, I hope the number of you will increase after the next season, when I will lead Minnesota to the play-offs again. As for Wolves fans, you won't have to mourn about KG era any more, you have a new dominant big guy now, who will get your team into post season and hopefully get the big trophy too. Thank you again and see you next season!
newc

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Player Awards

Postby Cartar on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:44 am

Sit wrote:
The X wrote:Nice to see Chara finally get MVP. Well overdue.

Can't believe 2 NLSC-ers in All-NBA & Defensive 1st teams. Must is no surprise but Lliach is :shock:

Lliach definitely is a bit of a shock but he's been quietly carrying the Clippers... Ron Harper style. :)

I was 5th in PER with a lockdown defense, so no surprise there. Just imagine Deron Williams with better defense.
Cartar

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:14 am

Associated Press wrote:
CHARA SAYS THAT STEALTH SUCK; DURANT ANSWERS

Moses Chara said in a recent interview that the Seattle Stealth are "punks" and "are the suckiest team in the NBA"
"You think I'ma 'fraid of the Shits? Hell no. Those stupidasses don't even know how to play as a [expletive] team. Screw them. If you want a real champion, it's us, the Kings. The Shits better be prepared to suck our [expletive]."

Chara also said that winning the MVP proved that he was better than LeBron.

"Fuck Le[expletive]. That stupidass doesn't know when to leave a team, or when not to."

LeBron answered, saying, "When Moses Chara loses to the Stealth, then I will laugh, and burn his jersey Live on uStream."

Durant also responded.
"That little punk think's he's good? He really doesn't know who the hell he's messing with. You don't mess with the Seattle Stealth baby, especially not my team. That lil shit will pay, and trust me with pay, I mean pay."

The NBA has fined Durant and Chara $25,000 each for using expletives. James was not fined.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:50 am

Cartar wrote:
Sit wrote:
The X wrote:Nice to see Chara finally get MVP. Well overdue.

Can't believe 2 NLSC-ers in All-NBA & Defensive 1st teams. Must is no surprise but Lliach is :shock:

Lliach definitely is a bit of a shock but he's been quietly carrying the Clippers... Ron Harper style. :)

I was 5th in PER with a lockdown defense, so no surprise there. Just imagine Deron Williams with better defense.

The fact that you are so good so quickly is what surprises me. :)

+20 for Hondo.
+40 for newc

Thanks for posting guys!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:51 am

George7 wrote:Sit, i can raise my attributes now,or when my Rookie gets drafted?

I will let you know. :)
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm

More points... I'm giddy
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Houndy wrote:More points... I'm giddy

No problems Hondo. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:31 pm

NBA.com: Interview With Coach Of The Year Will Sit

May 1 - NBA.com

NBA.com will be conducting an interview with Head Coach of the Seattle Stealth - Will Sit.
He will be asked to answer questions from readers. We are asking readers to submit their
questions in advance.

Feel free to ask about his success at such a young age, how the Stealth will tackle their
upcoming playoff series, his outlook on the future of the franchise, his opinion of his
team's players, and much more!

Don't miss you chance to join in this chat with the youngest winner of the NBA's
Coach of the Year award!
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NBA.com: Requestiing Questions

Postby dare on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Wow got 115 points :D

Questions:

1. What do you love more being a GM or a Coach?
2. There are so many rumors that Reshawn Tyson is leaving the team, what are your thoughts about this?
3. At a young age, any chance to be a player/coach?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:36 pm

If there's one player from another team you want to have on your roster, who would it be?
If the players on your roster were involved in a fantasy draft and all of them were in their prime, who would you pick first?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby George7 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:00 pm

1.Does succeeding too young has a negative effect for you,or you think you can handle all the pressure and fame it involves?
2.Do the Stealth have that "Champions' Medal" in order to succeed in the playoffs?
3.Is Kevin Durant the captain at the team,or Jason Kidd with his experience deserve this more?
4.Do you plan to maintain this winning,as it seems,squad or some roster shake-ups are in mind?
George7

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Which would you choose? LeBron or Chara.

When are you going to retire?
Houndy

Postby Alpha_ on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:06 am

1. Do you consider yourself as one of the best coaches in the NBA history?
2. Chuck Daly, Red Auerbach, Phil Jackson and Red Holzman. Those are some of the best coaches in the NBA history. In your opinion, who's the best among those four coaches? And why did you chose him?
3. Any reaction about Chara's sarcastic criticism in your team?
4. If you have a chance to build a dream team, who are the players you wish to be in your dream team?
5. If the Kings offers a trade that would send Chara to your team in exchange for Tyson, are you going to accept or reject the trade offer?
6. Do you ever change your mind after you chose coaching instead of playing basketball?
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby megarover on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:40 am

1. What teams do you think pose a challenge in your championship goals?
2. How is it to work with Former All-Star and NBA Superstar Rasheed Wallace?
3. Do you believe Chara deserved that MVP?
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:39 am

Only cause you asked bro :P

1. How does having a veteran point guard like Jason Kidd on the floor help you in coaching the team?
2. Do you think the team has what it takes to win it all this season, and why?
3. If you can only choose one player from the three choices of Moses Chara, Kevin Durant and LeBron James, who would you choose?
4. What's it like to have Sheed working with you as an assistant?
5. If you had a choice, would you take back your old GM spot and become a Coach/GM for the Stealth?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:54 am

dare wrote:There are so many rumors that Reshawn Tyson is leaving the team, what are your thoughts about this?
megarover wrote:How is it to work with Former All-Star and NBA Superstar Rasheed Wallace?

These are the most important. :D
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby |)e8* on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 am

Will you change your hairstyle?
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:01 am

How is your relationship with Sheed?
What is one rule change you would propose to the Commish?
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby rise on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:06 am

Why is puttincomputers here? :mrgreen:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Lamrock on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:10 am

- Don't you think Shaq should just retire already?
- Provided the Stealth keep all three, how much of a problem will touches be in a potential Wu/Tyson/Durant backcourt?
- If/when Kidd retires, will you start Karl or Wu?
- So, you were a 7-11 employee before your first GM job?
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:15 am

April 30, 2013
First Round: Winners and Losers
By Willard Smith

It was an interesting first round with most results going the ‘right’ way. We saw two lower seeds, unsurprisingly, topple higher seeds. We also saw the possible League MVP and his team struggle and two monster series from Kevin Durant and Jay Gray. Two series went to seven games while one was a sweep. And we were reminded of how much the Knicks sucked. With the first round done and dusted, let’s go through the winners and losers of the first round!

WINNER: Kevin Durant

39.4 points a game. Throw in 5.8 rebounds and 4.0 assists a game. That is what I would call TOTAL DOMINATION. And that makes Durant a WINNER in my column. This guy made sure the Blazers knew that he meant business by hitting that game winner in Game 1. He only had about 20 in Game 2 but that was more due to the Stealth shifting their focus to the defensive end. He was back at it in Games 3, 4, 5 where he shot the lights out and gave the Blazers a killer migraine. Too bad this didn’t come in the regular season as it’s not going to help his MVP chances. However, if he can lead the Stealth to a title, I think he’d take that.

WINNER: Atlanta Hawks

Speaking of titles, the defending NBA champions came out and finished the first round as the only team still undefeated in the playoffs. Boy did they hammer home the message that they are the team to beat in the Eastern Conference.

LOSER: New York Knicks

And the victims were the Knicks who just could not get it done on either end. The Knicks lost all four games by a combined 113 points. That’s a margin of 28.25 a game. That’s nearly 30 points a game. That is the definition of EMBARASSING. And that makes the Knicks one of the biggest LOSERS of the round!

WINNER: Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers

The Bulls and the Lakers both narrowly missed out on the postseason and perhaps for the better. They sat at home in their comfy surroundings as the team that made the cut got knocked out pretty quickly in the first round.

LOSER: Sacramento Kings

The Kings were pretty woeful. If they think that they are title contenders then they better think again as they could not even put away the pesky Clippers. Moses Chara is likely to win the League MVP and he started off the series strong with 42 points, 12 assists, 7 rebounds in Game 1. He then had 36 points, 8 rebounds in Game 2. For the rest of the series, he slept walked his way through. Not an impressive showing from Sacramento.

LOSER: New Orleans Hornets

The Hornets were one step worse as they were eliminated. So much for the franchise moving forward in keeping star PG Chris Paul happy. This latest development does not bode well for the Hornets.

WINNER: Rookies Stepping Up

Dallas Mavericks rookie SG Leo Lai scored 17 points in Game 7. It was the perfect timing for the Chinese rookie to step up and he indeed saved the day for his side. As impressive as that showing was, it was actually Rookie of the Year snub Liam Washburn who stepped up during the entire first round. He posted averages of 18.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg – up from his season averages of 15.7 ppg, 5.8 rpg.

WINNER: Jay Gray

Jay Gray was a beast for the Bucks. Everyone knew that he had to be if they were any shot of advancing but no one could predict the following stat lines for the first 4 games of the series:

Game 1: 40 points, 10 rebounds
    Game 2: 32 points, 11 rebounds
    Game 3: 28 points, 11 rebounds, 8 assists
    Game 4: 29 points, 20 rebounds

Yes, Jay Gray was a monster out there. He proved that he is capable of averaging 30 points a game. Impressive considering how he must cruise during the regular season (21 ppg, 10 rpg).

WINNER: Nets Team Basketball

The Nets have so much young talent, it’s too hard to decide where to start. Six players averaged double figures during the regular season; with Travis Outlaw a shade below at 9.7 ppg. That is an amazing feat. The team basketball from the Nets continued in the postseason and that frustrated the Philadelphia 76ers who had no answers for the quick hitting Nets’ motion offence.

LOSER: Dwight Howard

Dwight Howard may be the Defensive Player of the Year and defense may win championships but Superman’s reputation took another hit with yet another first round exit. Howard did not score more than 20 points all series except for in Game 1 (he had 21). If the Magic want to advance further, they do need a more consistent scoring threat. I’m just not sure how Dwight can’t be one.

LOSER: Philadelphia 76ers

The Sixers were in a great position to win the series and advance after a brilliant season. The underachievers of seasons’ past underachieved once again as they dropped out of the NBA postseason by losing 4 games in a row. This could have been the last stand as starting point guard Zoilo Resurreccion and starting centre Byron Brock are both up for free agency this Summer. Furthermore, starters Vince Carter and Elton Brand are ancient.

LOSER: Andre Iguodala

Iggy had so much praise this season and was even in the MVP discussions but he sucked in the first round. Iggy had back to back 12 point games and that was the reason for the Sixers dropping two of their four games that eventually led to their downfall. Iggy was 9 for 39 in those two 12 point games and it will take a while for him to recover. Philly was in a great place as they led the series 2-0. Iggy choked. It’s as simple as that.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - First Round Winners + Losers Arti

Postby Mark. on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Bah can't be a real dynasty if Dwight doesn't dominate :P
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Sit wrote:Rookie of the Year snub Liam Washburn who stepped up during the entire first round. He posted averages of 18.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg – up from his season averages of 15.7 ppg, 5.8 rpg.

So Liam Washburn went from black hole to become a massive black hole to increase his scoring average in the playoffs?

Jay Gray. :shock:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Re: A Legend Is Born III - First Round Winners + Losers Arti

Postby Justine. on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:13 pm

1. Can you say at this point now, you can win the title?
2. What are your further plans with Ty? or maybe Durant?
3. How is it feels to be winning the Coach of the Year award? Does this achievement of yours now is motivating you and can keep you to coach the Stealth next year?
Justine.
Novakaine!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame